As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
Wikipedia Link for plot details.

If there's still anything that you're not sure about, a military wizard did it.

PA Modern Warfare News Bulletin

Twitter update:
@fourzerotwo#MW2 Update in Test now: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix.

BREAKING NEWS: According to fellow PA folk who play on the PS3, 1887s are indeed balanced. Soon dogs everywhere will be able to breath (pant?) a sigh of relief.

MODERNWARFARETITLE.png

Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:

a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a dick, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.

Ground Rules

I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Due to previous controversy, I’m setting out some rules to ensure that we all have a good time here.

-No ‘LOL Treyarch’ posts: I don’t care if your cat was run over by a Treyarch employee, this is the MW2 thread, stay on topic.

-No PC vs console arguments: We’re all here to enjoy Modern Warfare 2, so play nice, and don’t perpetuate this stereotype of internet forums.

-Keep ethical debate civil: Discussing the inner workings of a game is what these threads are all about, but once again, play nice.

On Dedicated Servers, etc: This argument appears to have died down, and while any thread on even the most AAA of games is going to have people bring up (often legitamate) gripes (like Killer Croc in Batman:AA, or No Fighting in the War Room in this thread), I would like to think that the people who have been turned off from MW2 (your call and I respect your decision) have said their piece and can leave this thread to the people who are excited about this game.

-Remember your spoiler tags!

Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
Sivraj wrote: »
But for anyone trying to play multiplayer with their friends, here's an alternative to party chat:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/09/alternative-to-party-chat-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/

From the site:
Step One: Go to Xbox.com and log in to your account
Step Two: From your profile page, click on Privacy Settings (it's just to the right of your avatar)
Step Three: The top option should say Voice and Text. Set it to Friends Only. Save.

Now whenever you play "Modern Warfare 2" multiplayer you'll only hear people you are friends with.

Basically, you set your "Voice and Text" option to Friends Only. BAM, problem solved :D. I'm not sure if you can do it from your console though. The website only explains how to do it through Xbox.com.

Multiplayer Facts
Link
Friday, 13 November 2009
Modern Warfare 2The handling of weapons has changed significantly, they have been moved to one of the game's "fastfiles", encrypted.

My ability is not enough to crack them, though others have fared better.

At least the multiplayer weapons still operate very much like their COD4 predecessors.
Weapon damage in increments of ten. Damage loss after a distance depending on the weapon type.

Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.

Sniper rifles use the 70 damage with varying 1.5 and 1.1 multipliers.

The silencer appears to have a negative effect to sniper rifles, LMGs and possibly other weapons that do not lose damage over distance.
Also shotgun range is decreased by silencers.

Details on things that are not guns, of what was able to be ripped out of the fastfiles (so far) thanks to gagarin.

Sentry Gun has 1000 points of health.
Explosives deliver 7x their damage against a Sentry.
A Melee attack will instantly disable the Sentry.
The Sentry has the potential to fire continuously for eight seconds.
It recovers fully in four. If it "overheats", it will take eight seconds.

The UAV has 700 health and hangs around for thirty seconds.

Both Helicopters and the Pavelow have 1500 health.
The AI controlled Helicopters use three of the four same old Threat Factors.
Class Threat has been removed, presumably due to the Secondary Weapon diversity.

The Harrier has 3000 health.
Luckily, lots of things will instantly kill it (or at least really hurt it (and all other aircraft).
A Stinger, Javelin and other killstreaks (like the remote missile and AC130 guns) will instantly destroy it.
The RPG7 and AT4 will do whatever damage they do AND an extra 900 points of damage.

The AC-130 apparently only has 1000 health.
This is probably offset by the fact that it has two flare countermeasures and is way up in the air.
It lasts 40 seconds. All three guns are all available. They have a reload time of:
25mm = 1.5
40mm = 3.0
105mm = 5.0

The Care Package and Emergency Airdrop have a chance of dropping anything (except nukes).
Care Package has a much higher probability of dropping other low-Streak hardpoints, while the Emergency Airdrop evens up the chances for nearly anything up to the EMP.

On perks and a few other things:

The wait time between bursts for the FAMAS and M16 is still 0.2 seconds.

Stopping Power is still 1.4x against players.
Stopping Power Pro increases its damage against vehicles by 1.65x.

Danger Close is a bit stronger than it's predecessor, 1.4x increase in damage (rather than 1.25).

Blast Shield equipment cuts damage down to 0.45x (or 0.65?), ensuring almost always surviving anything.
Blast Shield and Danger Close will cancel each other out.
Semtex stuck to the player will ignore Blast Shield.

Commando adds 176 units of measurement to its 64 inch melee strike.
Commando Pro does indeed cut off all damage for any fall... and it appears that a lethal fall will make the player do a barrel roll instead.

Rapid Fire attachment has the same effect as Double Tap, multiplying time between shots by 0.75x (other way around, Rate of fire by 1.33x)
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration through walls and objects.

Painkiller adds 200 health to the player. If the player suffers at least 101 points of damage while Painkiller is active... he gets a reward. Throwing knives and melee attacks will still kill in one hit.

One Man Army allows the player to change his class on the fly in 6 seconds.
One Many Army Pro cuts that down to 3. It takes the place of the secondary weapon and can not be dropped.

Sleight of Hand still cuts reload time in half. Pro halves both sighting in and out.

Lightweight will multiply movement speed by 1.1x (I dunno, that's what it reads)
Lightweight Pro will multiply the delay between sprinting and being able to attack by 0.6x.

Ninja Pro and SitRep Pro will multiply Player footstep sound by 0.25x and enemy footsteps by 4x respectively.

The problem shotgun hitscans had with cars is dealt with, damage dealt to destructibles like barrels and cars are multiplied by four.
Cars and barrels have the same health and "on fire" health drain as they do in COD4.

Weapon Chart:
Weapon Chart:
MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

More Fun Facts!
* All weapons have a maximum and minimum damage value. Weapons do their max damage up until a certain distance when the damage begins to decrease and eventually levels out at the min damage value. Silencers will cause this falloff to occur earlier, and thus do less damage at longer ranges.
* Some weapons don't experience any falloff, and maintain their max damage values at any range (LMG, Snipers). Equipping a silencer on these weapons will permanently drop the weapons damage to it's minimum damage, regardless of range, so you'll get the minimum damage no matter how close or far away you are.
* The only weapon that violates both of these rules is the UMP45, which always does it's max damage, regardless of distance or attachments. A silenced UMP45 at long range is just as powerful as an unsilenced UMP45 at close range.
* Different areas of the body still have their own damage multipliers, though there seems to be a slightly simplified model (no "neck" hit area, as this is now grouped together with the upper body / chest area). The damage multiplier for the head is still 1.4 or 1.5 like it was in COD4. Sniper Rifles still remain the only weapons to take full advantage of the body part multipliers, and use the same damage x multiplier system that was in COD4.
* Stopping Power still multiplies weapon damage by 1.4 on top of any other multipliers.
· In Core game modes you have 100 health points and in Hardcore you have 30.

Equipment

* Frag - Can throw a little further than Semtex, and can be primed, but does approx. half the damage (thus half the killing range) of the Semtex. Also, displays location icon and can be thrown back if nearby. Can't be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Semtex - Doesn't throw as far as the Frag, but it sticks to whatever it touches, doesn't roll, does approx. twice the damage (thus twice the killing range), doesn't display location icon, and can't be thrown back. The Semtex can't be primed, but it explodes on short timer that starts the moment it leaves your hand. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Throwing Knife - Travels for several meters in a straight line before beginning to drop. Kills with a single hit anywhere on the body, and can hit after bouncing off other objects. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Tactical Insertion - Takes three seconds to lay down after pressing. Can be destroyed at a distance by shooting, etc.
* Blast Shield - Reduces explosive damage by approx. half. Will allow players to survive point-blank explosion of Frag or Grenade Launcher. Semtex, Claymore and C4 will still kill within a meter or so. Upon activating, will narrow your vision and remove the mini-map. Deactivation will restore the mini-map and normal vision. Activation / deactivation is fairly quick and can be done on the fly.
* Claymore - Explodes 1-1.5 seconds after tripping. Does approx. same damage as Semtex and C4. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third (with scavenger), the first one will explode.
* C4 - Does approx same damage as Semtex and Claymore. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third, the first one will explode. Can also be detonated by pressing the reload button twice rapidly.

Launchers

* The AT4-HS with Danger Close Pro is still unable to take down any air support vehicles in a single shot, other than the UAV/Counter-UAV.
* The Javelin can lock onto distant terrain and fire a missile that does explosive damage to a very large area, killing anything within line-of-sight. As powerful as this sounds, it can be challenging to use this capability effectively.

Miscellaneous

* Iron sights have little, if any, effect on shotgun spread / accuracy.
* Extended Mags do not provide any additional ammunition, it merely extends the round capacity of the weapon in question by half.

Differences Between COD4 and MW2

* Base weapon damage values in MW2 are on average very similar to COD4, with no substantial increase in MW2 over COD4.
* Weapons have much longer range in MW2, retaining their max damage for a much greater distance.
* Weapon "idle" (reticule sway) has been greatly reduced in MW2 and is virtually non-existent except for on scoped weapons such as Sniper, ACOG, or Thermal.
* Weapon "kick" (recoil) has been greatly reduced in MW2, particularly for assault rifles, and is the chief factor in affecting how much more deadly the weapons in MW2 are compared to COD4.
* Hip fire is much more accurate in MW2, and sub machine guns no long hold a significant advantage over other weapons in this area.
* As far as I can tell, hit detection and lag compensation in MW2 is improved over COD4, reducing the lag advantage for faster moving targets and allowing more rounds to make contact as intended instead of missing due to lag / poor netcode.
* All of the above factors make the weapons in MW2 much more deadly than in COD4.

Awesome video time! I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.

What about weapons, perks, etc?

Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
Primary Weapons

Assault Rifles
4 - M4A1
1 - FAMAS
9 - SCAR-H
20 - TAR-21
28 - FAL
40 - M16A4
48 - ACR
60 - F2000
70 - AK-47

Submachine Guns
4 - MP5K
1 - UMP 45
12 - TDI Vector
24 - P90
44 - Mini Uzi

Light Machine Guns
1 - L86 LSW
4 - RPD
16 - MG4
32 - AUG HBAR
52 - M240

Sniper Rifles
2 - Barrett Light Fifty
4 - Intervention
36 - WA2000
56 - M14 EBR

2 - Riot Shield

Secondary

Machine Pistols
3 - PP2000
22 - G18
38 - M93
58 - TMP

Shotguns
1 - SPAS-12
18 - AA-12
34 - Striker
42 - Ranger
54 - M1014
67 - Model 1887

Handguns
2 - USP.45
26 - Colt Anaconda
46 - M9
62 - Desert Eagle

Launchers
1 - AT4-HS
14 - M79 x2
30 - Stinger
50 - Javelin
65 - RPG-7 X2

Equipment

4 - Frag grenade: Cookable frags
4 - Semtax: Timed stickey explosives
7 - Throwing Knife: Throwable weapon, can be picked back up
11 - Tactical Insertion: Choose spawn position
19 - Blast Shield: Increased explosive resistance
31 - Claymore: Proximity mine
43: C4: Remote explosive device

Special Grenades:
x1 Smoke
x2 Flash
x2 Stun

Sweet map pictures! Images found on this dude's photobucket account.
Afghan:
Afghan.jpg

Derail
Derail.jpg

Estate
Estate.jpg

Favela
Favela.jpg

Highrise
Highrise.jpg

Invasion
Invasion.jpg

Karachi
Karachi.jpg

Quarry
Quarry1.jpg

Rundown
Rundown1.jpg

Rust
Rust.jpg

Scrapyard
Scrapyard.jpg

Skidrow
Skidrow.jpg

SubBase
SubBase.jpg

Terminal
Terminal.jpg

Underpass
Underpass.jpg

Wasteland
Wasteland.jpg

Callsign & Emblem unlocks:

Wikia link. (Note that being a wiki means this likely isn't 100% accurate).

Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
TIER 1
1 - Marathon: Unlimited sprint.
-Pro: Increased mantle speed. (Run 26 miles with this perk)
2 - Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading.
-Pro: Increased Aim Down Sight speed. (120 kills with this perk)
13 - Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies.
-Pro: Extra Mags. (100 Resupplies)
21 - Bling - 2 primary weapon attachments.
-Pro: Two attachments on secondary weapon. (200 kills with this perk)
45 - One Man Army - Switch classes without respawn.
-Pro: Swap classes faster. (120 kills with this perk)

TIER 2
1 - Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
-Pro: Increased damage to vehicles. (250 kills with this perk)
1 - Lightweight - Overall speed increase.
-Pro: Quick aim after sprinting. (Sprint 30 miles with this perk)
9 - Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
-Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death. (40 killstreaks [at least 2 kills] with this perk)
25 - Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
-Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted. (Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using this perk)
33 - Danger Close: Increased explosive damage.
-Pro: Extra air support damage. (100 explosive kills with this perk)

TIER 3
1 - Commando: Increased melee distance.
-Pro: No falling damage. (20 melee kills with this perk)
1 - Steady Aim: Increased hip accuracy.
-Pro: Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer to reduce sniper rifle sway). (80 hip-fire kills with this perk)
17 - Scrambler: Distorts nearby opponent's radar.
-Pro: Delay enemy claymore explosions. (50 close-range kills with this perk)
29 - Ninja: Invisible to heartbeat sensor. (Note: NINJA WORKS CORRECTLY ON THE HEARTBEAT SENSOR, IT IS A BUG IN THE KILLCAM.)
-Pro: Dead Silence (Move silently). (50 close-range kills with this perk)
37 - Sitrep: Locate enemy explosives and tactical insertions.
-Pro: Enemy footsteps louder. (Destroy 120 enemy devices using this perk)
41 - Last Stand: Pull out your pistol before dying for 10 seconds.
-Pro: Use grenades and equipment as well as your pistol. (20 Last Stand kills)

Kill/Deathstreak list:
Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks (Note: You start with UAV, Care Package and Predator Missile, you earn tokens to unlock more as you level up, first at level 10. These do stack now, meaning you won’t lose your previous rewards if you earn higher level ones. You also can’t take two killstreaks which require the same number of kills to earn at the same time).
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke (this instantly ends the match with you as the victor)

Deathstreaks
1 - Copycat - 4 deaths without a kill
6 - Painkiller - 3 deaths without a kill
27 - Martyrdom - 4 deaths without a kill
39 - Final Stand - 4 deaths without a kill

I want to play with people on this forum!

(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:

We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan

A PA CoD Clan is now full! Hit me up on PA MW2
From here, you can view other people on the tag and invite them to your game. I may do the same if the group I join needs more people, but sometimes I just want to pub-stomp, so don't be offended if I ignore you. Also, send the invite to the clan tag. Everybody sending one invite is far more convenient then me sending every invite.

There's also PA CoD4, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.

(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
PA Handle - PS3 Name

Gihgehls as Hellphish
Debaserzbs as FancyLad
Jokerman as Jokermein
Fourier_series as Fourier_series
Algertman as AlbertBOMB
Ah_Pook as Ah_Pook
Jean Claude Van Calm as Grimmsy- (yes, that's a dash there)
KidDynamite as NinjaForHire
Articus as Art__ (that's 2 underscores)
Shaggy as Mr_P1tt
kazanma as kazanma
DesertChicken as Desert Chicken
Pookiepoo as Pookie-san
Packman as jkolpack
Cincitucky as Cincitucky
Lord Yod as LordYod
donhonk as donhonk
Campy as pablocampy
Iceman.USAF as Apollo821
Fmz65 as Fmz65
Kami as KamiDaHobo
Squirminator2k as Squirminator2k
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
PA Handle - Steam Name

Gihgehls as hellphish
Fleck0 as Fleck0
SirToasty as patoast
Dourin as Dourin
ReverendCaliber as ReverendCaliber
rndmhero as rndmhero
SJ as Gailen
MindLib as Mind Liberator
Fondor_Yards as Fondor_Yards
Arthill as da_man796

You can Alt-Tab at any time (Even in game) by pressing Alt + Escape

We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pamw2

And finally, a funny:

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Also, I will be away due to personal reasons for several days, which means the OP and the meta-tag won't be updated until I get back, sorry. But when I do get back, I'll make sure everything's up to scratch.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I no-scope headshotted a dog rapist last night with my M21. It was glorious.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why is it that if you're playing with the same group of people over six games they don't learn that killstreak rewards are going to get shot down before they get a single kill?

This is a rhetorical question. I love getting 500 bonus points just from Stinger missiles.

joshgotro on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you have just Predators equipped, and get 10 kills, you get 2 predators? in other words you can save up a few?

Venkman90 on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    If you have just Predators equipped, and get 10 kills, you get 2 predators? in other words you can save up a few?

you mean like the killstreaks recycling? no

if you kill 3 guys, save your UAV, then kill three more guys, you won't get a second UAV even if all you have selected is UAV.

however, if you kill 3 guys, save your UAV, die, then kill 3 guys, i think you do get multiple UAV's.

Nuzak on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, I guess I was really immersed.

The burb sections were fucking great. Almost make the single player worth it. Gulag and the oil rig weren't bad either.

Sheep on
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    however, if you kill 3 guys, save your UAV, die, then kill 3 guys, i think you do get multiple UAV's.

it's wonderful how everything stacks killstreak wise. All of a sudden there are three sentry guns covering every angle of B!

joshgotro on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why are there so many screaming idiots? Why did you turn my pc into a 360?? why IW?

Shade on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

it's wonderful how everything stacks killstreak wise. All of a sudden there are three sentry guns covering every angle of B!

Is there any way to rotate what the "active" killstreak is?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »

Is there any way to rotate what the "active" killstreak is?
    Nope.

joshgotro on
    edited December 2009
    i hate having to call in a harrier strike with no UAV to tell me where they are

i have a UAV, of course, but it's buried underneath a predator strike and, of course, a harrier

Nuzak on
  • SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So today I think I have one goal. I want to get a precision airstrike, a harrier airstrike and a stealth bomber. Then I want to die without using any of them, and then get another precision airstrike, harrier airstrike and a stealth bomber, and just rain down fire for like 2 minutes straight on the opposite team.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Isn't there a challenge for that?

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I went prestige again, such a whore.

It's just more fun to have a bunch of challenges each game then say "get 250 headshots" which takes forever.

Also apparently the prestige challenges you unlock the first time carry over, so that's really awesome. (the ones that give you the gold titles and the gun emblems)

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Eureka! I'm finally settling on a general build. I call it "The Egregious Asshole"

Silenced FAMAS
    AA-12/Striker with grip
    Claymores
    Flashbangs.

Scavenger Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Ninja Pro
    The premise is that I hole up in a high-traffic building, and mine the entrances, while keeping an eye on any un-mined entrance. I usually pick off guys outside with the famas, and get kills from dudes trying to pass through my territory. Shotgun is for cleanup if the mine doesn't kill them outright, as well as "baiting" people to come into my setup with unsuppressed shots.

I went 19-1 on estate this way, just so long as I remember to re-set the mines in slightly different places to stay unpredictable.

Also, I tried the dog rapist build last night by picking up akimbo 1887s off another offender, and ouch. That build is well and truly fucked up. I'm surprised I died at all, seeing as shit died if I even farted in their general direction.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WaW had an option to back out with your entire party. Does MW2 have such an option, or is my friend with the insanely fast connection that always insists on being party leader just a dumbass for making us back out the old fashioned way (eg. wait for him to back out then we all back out into the party waiting for us in the lobby).

If MW2 does not have such an option, uh, why the fuck not?

hjparcins on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's a mystery to us all that i hope gets solved in a patch soon. About the same time we get unicorn airstrikes.

Also someone kept trying to party with me from PA last night, at all the worst times, usually the last game I planned on playing for a bit. Thanks for the invites though which I will accept in the future.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My FAMAS apparently comes equipped with brain homing bullets. I've gotten more headshots with that gun than any other, and I never once aim for the head.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i started running scavenger with c4 last night on domination and its pretty awesome. just need to get used to the ironsights on the acr a little more i guess, until i get through the fmj challenge anyway.

Ah_Pook on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Headshots can be fucked up. I have shot people in the knees, seen the blood spurt out of their head, and get headshot credit. I have also been a victim of it several times. Its either lag or some kind of hit-detection fuck up.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The FAMAS rises pretty much straight up, as oppose to other weapons which rise to the left/right a bit. I've gotten a ton with it as well.

Iceman.USAF on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good games last night, everyone. I think we lost like...once? Twice? In any case, we kicked ass.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Headshots can be fucked up. I have shot people in the knees, seen the blood spurt out of their head, and get headshot credit. I have also been a victim of it several times. Its either lag or some kind of hit-detection fuck up.

I think they made the game a lot more generous with headshots, basically. I'm getting them way more often than I did in COD4, and I'm not going to pretend that I've gotten 50% more accurate.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With good teamwork, my capping build is great.

Riot Shield
    Shotgun of choice
    Smoke grenade
    Blast Shield
    Marathon Pro
    Cold-Blooded Pro
    Scrambler Pro

They usually concentrate fire on you, giving your teammates time to shoot them down, and you're pretty much good against a single well-placed grenade. Too bad you're not very good offensive-wise, but that's why this only works with good teammates, which isn't easy to accomplish.

Nevertheless; I got good results today on Rundown, I was able to hold B (The one in the bridge) against 4 attackers, with some of my teammates behind me, and then they'd go away, and I'd still be able to hold it on my own.

Satsumomo on
    edited December 2009
    i was trying to help this sheilder on domination on underpass, but he moved too fast and wouldn't communicate with me so i got shot behind him while using him as cover as he moved away

Nuzak on
  • RedcatRedcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    With good teamwork, my capping build is great.

Riot Shield
    Shotgun of choice
    Smoke grenade
    Blast Shield
    Marathon Pro
    Cold-Blooded Pro
    Scrambler Pro

They usually concentrate fire on you, giving your teammates time to shoot them down, and you're pretty much good against a single well-placed grenade. Too bad you're not very good offensive-wise, but that's why this only works with good teammates, which isn't easy to accomplish.

Nevertheless; I got good results today on Rundown, I was able to hold B (The one in the bridge) against 4 attackers, with some of my teammates behind me, and then they'd go away, and I'd still be able to hold it on my own.

If you want to improve your offense, swap the shotgun for a M93 Raffica, and maybe CB for Stopping Power. The Raffica is a pocket FAMAS and will increase your killing reach tremendously.

(I'm a shield whore as well.)

Redcat on
    360 Metatag for Borderlands: PA Borderwangs
    My 360 tag: Redcat Rising
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Consider dropping Scrambler for Last Stand if you go with the M93s.

Mechanical on
  • TheBenjomonsterTheBenjomonster Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does the ACR just shoot right through the riot shield? Seems like at any distance, that gun can still penetrate. I haven't seen any other guns like that; LMG/shotgun at close range do the same thing, but that is understandable. ACR isn't even the most powerful assault rifle, let alone gun. Doesn't make any sense that a guy with an ACR can kill me through my shield from 50yds, while his buddy with a .50 cal sniper rifle or 7.62mm machine gun cannot.

TheBenjomonster on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does the ACR just shoot right through the riot shield? Seems like at any distance, that gun can still penetrate. I haven't seen any other guns like that; LMG/shotgun at close range do the same thing, but that is understandable. ACR isn't even the most powerful assault rifle, let alone gun. Doesn't make any sense that a guy with an ACR can kill me through my shield from 50yds, while his buddy with a .50 cal sniper rifle or 7.62mm machine gun cannot.

They're just shooting your big ol' booty which sticks out from behind the shield unless you are lined up to them perfectly. It just seems to happen more with the ACR since it is laser accurate.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sladvan wrote: »

They're just shooting your big ol' booty which sticks out from behind the shield unless you are lined up to them perfectly. It just seems to happen more with the ACR since it is laser accurate.

Yeah, I watched a killcam where some guy with a thermal sight grazed a bullet through my left ass cheek and killed me. In order to be invincible to bullets, you have to be facing directly at the shooter, crouched, and not moving.

nlawalker on
    edited December 2009
    Oh God, I just unlocked the AUG LMG. I'm getting constant 10+ killstreaks with this, it's just as accurate as an assault rifle.

Satsumomo on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why do I play every morning when every morning session ends the same way?

I always quit angry over all the noobtubes and 1887s. It seems like all the assholes come out their dank little dens to haunt IWNet at 10am and retreat before the darkness comes.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited December 2009
    I'm becoming ever more sure that there are people exploiting how to make other people lag, because these matches are just one sided, and whenever you mention the terrible lag, they start to call you out, even though everyone else is complaining.

Satsumomo on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just fucked over my KDR so bad,the last few matches were absolutely abysmal for me. For some reason I completely lost my ability to kill ANYTHING.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I just fucked over my KDR so bad,the last few matches were absolutely abysmal for me. For some reason I completely lost my ability to kill ANYTHING.

Finally hit the 1944 of your MW2 career, then?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh God, I just unlocked the AUG LMG. I'm getting constant 10+ killstreaks with this, it's just as accurate as an assault rifle.

It can double as an unscoped sniper rifle. No movement. Hits like a tank. I like it.

Mechanical on
  • ShrikeTheAvatarShrikeTheAvatar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's difficult, but I force myself to just stop caring about my K/D ratio, as it makes the game a lot less fun.

I do love domination, because we can be winning and I can feel like I'm doing well, without even caring that my K/D is just hovering around or below 1.00.

Also, I am ashamed to admit this, but I get a serious urge to teabag when I run straight at a riot shield guy, step to the side, and knife him. Is this bad? I accidentally my Halo 3 etiquette.

ShrikeTheAvatar on
    edited December 2009
    Okay, late mornings, like after 11am are better.

I just went 44/3 in domination on Wasteland with an Intervention and my USP with tac knife. Too bad my team was literally pants on head retarded.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

Finally hit the 1944 of your MW2 career, then?

I had a pretty good KDR on that beach level, but afterwards it just got worse and worse.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

It can double as an unscoped sniper rifle. No movement. Hits like a tank. I like it.

It's a nice gun, for sure. I have yet to unlock more attachments. But I'm enjoying the famas too.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.