As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Rogues:Cheat Death: 100% chance to stab yourself in the groin.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really believe it's not a single roll system.

I need to find what Kalman said about it.

tyrannus on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    laffncry wrote: »
    Nice thread here. But I think Leonidas is a warrior not a rogue. Respect to you rogues here, I am thinking of making a rogue too. Does a Tauren Rogue would do good or are there any race that would fit better?

Okay are you dumb or what?

That poster continues to amuse and amaze me.

I think he's an alien imposter.

Medopine on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rentilius wrote: »
    I really believe it's not a single roll system.

I need to find what Kalman said about it.

id be interested to see, if you dig it up linky

fadingathedges on
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    laffncry wrote: »
    Rentilius wrote: »
    worstshopever.jpg

Nice thread here. But I think Leonidas is a warrior not a rogue. Respect to you rogues here, I am thinking of making a rogue too. Does a Tauren Rogue would do good or are there any race that would fit better?

Would you name him invisi-bull?

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Combat daggers OR DIE.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i specced combat daggers for about an hour after i got my shanker.

pretty much the worst experience i've had in the game.

Angry on
    edited April 2007
    Angry wrote: »

Your tears sustain me.

Seriously.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yeah Combat Daggers is for people who enjoy self mutilation. It's pretty much reserved for DPS whores who like to stroke their epeen while playing the most boring Rogue build ever conceived.

Wavechaser on
    edited April 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Yeah Combat Daggers is for people who enjoy self mutilation. It's pretty much reserved for DPS whores who like to stroke their epeen while playing the most boring Rogue build ever conceived.

PVE is so uncool nowadays. World PVP is where its at (ROFL), no one should spec a PvE build because you can't get good gear from there.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yeah Combat Daggers is for people who enjoy self mutilation. It's pretty much reserved for DPS whores who like to stroke their penis while playing the most boring Rogue build ever conceived.

Slight fix there.

Transporter on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i still wear 4 pieces of assassination when raiding because my 'epics' are nothing more then a side grade and when set bonus is taken into consideration a downgrade.

so yeah you got it pretty spot on.

Angry on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Nothing more than stroking their epeens? I thought it was common practice among moderate to hardcore raiding guilds to spec for maximizing raiding usefulness. It's not like you'd suffer in 5 mans. You'd just be less flexible in solo pve(but still very effective, unlike a healing spec in solo pve), and mostly suffer a loss in pvp. The latter doesn't bother a great many players.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited April 2007
    i still wear 4 pieces of assassination when raiding because my 'epics' are nothing more then a side grade and when set bonus is taken into consideration a downgrade.

so yeah you got it pretty spot on.

Yea a few bad itemized( most of tier 4 ) pieces makes all epic lewtz useless. I didn't know you could get assassination from PVP? Sure they are not from heroics, but I like giving it my all when my guild does them. Being PVE specd is not for everyone, but considering the state of the class (eg, Heroic BF = hell on Outlands for rogues) pushing your class to the envelope is required to not suck.(By suck I mean doing enough damage to compensate for the amount of healing we soak up)

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I find Combat Swords the most boring piece of shit ever.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    korodullin wrote: »

I find Combat Swords the most boring piece of shit ever.

Well, that is your opinion, and your certainly entitled to it.

However.

GIGANTIC GOLD AND SILVER WANGS.

Automatically invalidates anything you have ever said ever.

Sorry about that.

Transporter on
    edited April 2007
    Septus wrote: »

Nothing more than stroking their epeens? I thought it was common practice among moderate to hardcore raiding guilds to spec for maximizing raiding usefulness. It's not like you'd suffer in 5 mans. You'd just be less flexible in solo pve(but still very effective, unlike a healing spec in solo pve), and mostly suffer a loss in pvp. The latter doesn't bother a great many players.

The epeen stroking was a bitch harsh, but in all honesty Combat Daggers is so god damn boring that I just don't see any reason anyone would ever spec into it. There are so many alternatives for maximizing raid usefullness, sacrificing your fun in a class does not need to be one of them.

Combat Swords/Fists/Whatever gives you DPS equal to a combat dagger build, but you have a lot more CP generation to play with (OMG there are finishers other than SnD!?!?). If you get a couple of slow daggers, 41,20,0 Mutilate offers excellent raid damage thanks to Dual Wield Spec.

Wavechaser on
    edited April 2007
    you don't need any points in combat for mutilate to be excellent raid damage. i was third on gruul with 682dps with 43/0/18.

Angry on
    edited April 2007
    you don't need any points in combat for mutilate to be excellent raid damage. i was third on gruul with 682dps with 43/0/18.

I always thought the point of combat was to buff white damage, which makes up a vast portion of a rogue's damage.

Septus on
    edited April 2007

True, a 41,0,XX build is still good but definitely more geared towards PvP. In the long run the 41,20,0 build will beat the other Mutilate build on DPS. The only reason I didn't mention it was because people were referring to maximizing raid usefullness. While Mutilate definitely fills both roles, the combat tree is more geared for raiding situations.

Wavechaser on
    edited April 2007
    wouldn't 41/20/0 be able to beat combat dagger on any mob that wasn't poison immune?

Angry on
    edited April 2007
    wouldn't 41/20/0 be able to beat combat dagger on any mob that wasn't poison immune?

Don't know about that. I have tested it out on spreadsheets before (better then a dps meter any day IMO) and combat daggers beats out Mutilate. With a fast offhand combat potency is just to hot.

Edit: If I am able to pick up a malchezen I really do want to try mutilate. Giving up my shiv would suck though, gogo mongoose :p

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I went combat daggers once. Over a year ago.
    Can't remember how it was tbh, but my notepad for all-things-to-remember has NEVER COMBAT DAGGERS AGAIN written on it.

In other news, Mutilate is both good and fun in raids, although I slightly prefer combat swords (probably due to having Latro's with swords vs a shtty 66 dps dagger OH with mut.).
    Respecced 30/0/31 for PvP now since we're not raiding until next week and finally went arena for real (prevuiously I had shitty teams and 10 fights/week). In 3v3 we went 1515 rating - 1665 rating, I said stop but nooo. Back down to 1507 in what was the most epic crumbling ever, before we got our shit together, salvaged 1603 and called it a night. Ambush + BS + CB evis while mage PoM - pyros = lol. Only teams we had real trouble against was a full stealth team (no focus, ended 4 - 3 to us in matches) and some imba geared plate group (2 warr, pally) who must have been a fair bith higher than us.
    Joining a guildies 3v3 team next week (all 3 of us), he's on the #2 5v5 team with 2360 or so rating, so should be epic. He has (lock) 12 k hp and 950 shadow dmg :P Still beat him in duels though.

Well that was too long.

Serpico on
    edited April 2007
    Serpico wrote: »
    I went combat daggers once. Over a year ago.
    Can't remember how it was tbh, but my notepad for all-things-to-remember has NEVER COMBAT DAGGERS AGAIN written on it.

In other news, Mutilate is both good and fun in raids, although I slightly prefer combat swords (probably due to having Latro's with swords vs a shtty 66 dps dagger OH with mut.).
    Respecced 30/0/31 for PvP now since we're not raiding until next week and finally went arena for real (prevuiously I had shitty teams and 10 fights/week). In 3v3 we went 1515 rating - 1665 rating, I said stop but nooo. Back down to 1507 in what was the most epic crumbling ever, before we got our shit together, salvaged 1603 and called it a night. Ambush + BS + CB evis while mage PoM - pyros = lol. Only teams we had real trouble against was a full stealth team (no focus, ended 4 - 3 to us in matches) and some imba geared plate group (2 warr, pally) who must have been a fair bith higher than us.
    Joining a guildies 3v3 team next week (all 3 of us), he's on the #2 5v5 team with 2360 or so rating, so should be epic. He has (lock) 12 k hp and 950 shadow dmg :P Still beat him in duels though.

Well that was too long.

If you have the gold for a respec, I highly suggest trying out shadowstep for PvP. I had shit daggers but was having a blast completely destroying people with huge crits. My kills to deaths ratio in AV was literally about 20 to 1 by the end of any given match.

Just don't expect to raid with it. Raid damage is absolute crap for a shadowstep build IMO. I still think Mutilate is overall more effective, but god damn Shadowstep is nothing but good times.

Wavechaser on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    f you have the gold for a respec, I highly suggest trying out shadowstep for PvP. I had shit daggers but was having a blast completely destroying people with huge crits. My kills to deaths ratio in AV was literally about 20 to 1 by the end of any given match.

Just don't expect to raid with it. Raid damage is absolute crap for a shadowstep build IMO. I still think Mutilate is overall more effective, but god damn Shadowstep is nothing but good times.

Can't remember how to lime...so just use your imagination.

Suffice to say that SS is rocking sox in PvP, I had to go back to Mutilate for Karazhan, but in the 2 weeks I peeveepee'd with a Shadowstep build...well I actually considered quiting PVE all together with my rogue and just becoming a blight upon the land, a whisper of impending peril.

olol Premed - SS - Ambush - BS - CB - Evis - Next :P

Venkman90 on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have decent daggers (Emerald Ripper and Whispering Blade of Slaying), and I was happy with my combat dagger spec for raiding. But now I've rerolled to my priest (holy), so I'm using my rogue to grind. I'd love to spec back to mutilate, but alot of my grinding is elementals for primals, so I can't use poisons. Think I should try vigor or something?

exis on
  • Torque MonkeyTorque Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Gruul damage depends much more on positioning and strategy than spec for melee, though. For instance, if you use the ever so common safe spot strategy, staying in for Shatters or having a spot like, say, 5, is going to see a huge increase over someone who's running out to a spot by the door(12) or whatnot.

Regardless, numbers will be much higher with the 20 extra points in Combat, rather than Subtlety.

Quite unlikely, but possible. More than anything, it comes down to how lucky you are on your crits spreading out across Mutilate's. I did 41/20/0 for a good month and a half with Malch+ER, and I'd constantly go 6-10 without a crit, then get a double, and repeat. It made for either a lot of wasted combo points, or lost RS procs, neither of which are ever a good thing.
    Giving up my shiv would suck though, gogo mongoose :p

While I can't confirm it from personal experience, using Pf's spreadsheet with a standard 41/20/0 build, going from Shiv to Shanker in offhand is a ~3DPS boost with my gear and the buffs(max raid) I have selected.

You'd almost certainly be better off keeping the Shiv, especially considering you already have Mongoose on it, rather than switching to something like the Emerald Ripper.

Torque Monkey on
    Gojira2.png
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, the difference in mutilate damage from offhand is pretty small, and when you consider poison procs, higher dps and a mongoose enchant, I'd say Shiv would be better. I'd personally miss those double-crits though.

I am so damn annoyed at the blue PvP gloves needing AV marks, since I hate AV. 0 marks atm, and with the average AV lasting 3 hours+, and alliance mostly loosing, I haven't got the patience :( I guess I'll have to wait for gladiator's gloves in the far future (If I'm lucky our new 3v3 team will steamlol....yeah right).

As for 30/0/31 vs shadowstep, it's not worth it in arenas. Quick recovery alone is too valuable to give up, add CB and your burst is just as good, and ofc I hate dagger specs w/o seal fate (but that's just preference).

Serpico on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    3 hours? Most AVs in my battlegroup last about 30 minutes.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    f you have the gold for a respec, I highly suggest trying out shadowstep for PvP. I had shit daggers but was having a blast completely destroying people with huge crits. My kills to deaths ratio in AV was literally about 20 to 1 by the end of any given match.

Can't remember how to lime...so just use your imagination.

Suffice to say that SS is rocking sox in PvP, I had to go back to Mutilate for Karazhan, but in the 2 weeks I peeveepee'd with a Shadowstep build...well I actually considered quiting PVE all together with my rogue and just becoming a blight upon the land, a whisper of impending peril.

olol Premed - SS - Ambush - BS - CB - Evis - Next :P

for ganking and such ss is fine, but for arenas it's godawful.

Angry on
    edited April 2007
    AVs were 30 min alliance steamrolls for a while, when Battlegroups were new and everyone zerged past, but now it's back to endless matches that horde inevitably win. Every time I'm there atleast.

Also 1741 rating wooo. I have no games this week though.

Serpico on
  • ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    but in the 2 weeks I peeveepee'd with a Shadowstep build...well I actually considered quiting PVE all together with my rogue and just becoming a blight upon the land, a whisper of impending peril.

^^^

Shinyo on
    edited April 2007
    Giving up my shiv would suck though, gogo mongoose :p

While I can't confirm it from personal experience, using Pf's spreadsheet with a standard 41/20/0 build, going from Shiv to Shanker in offhand is a ~3DPS boost with my gear and the buffs(max raid) I have selected.

You'd almost certainly be better off keeping the Shiv, especially considering you already have Mongoose on it, rather than switching to something like the Emerald Ripper.

Yea, I got similair numbers from when I ran numbers. Also kara hates me. No rogue drops in 2 weeks :(

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited April 2007
    so i know its unlikely but...

ive been thinking about the herb/alch/gold demand on raiding, and our lack of group buffs ;p it'd be cool if rogues had some sort of consumable available to pass out to raids (a la healthstones, food/water) that would give a buff, without stepping on alchy toes too much. could be poison or shady-dealer (purchasable rog only) related. be nice to have a group buff, plus cut down on the amount of farming needed for raids atm.

im sure bliz is addressing alch in some other way, either nerfing the output to make it less necessary or making elixirs/flasks craftable much more cheaply, but my brain pooped out an idea and here we are.

fadingathedges on
    edited April 2007

ive been thinking about the herb/alch/gold demand on raiding, and our lack of group buffs ;p it'd be cool if rogues had some sort of consumable available to pass out to raids (a la healthstones, food/water) that would give a buff, without stepping on alchy toes too much. could be poison or shady-dealer (purchasable rog only) related. be nice to have a group buff, plus cut down on the amount of farming needed for raids atm.

im sure bliz is addressing alch in some other way, either nerfing the output to make it less necessary or making elixirs/flasks craftable much more cheaply, but my brain pooped out an idea and here we are.

I personally find the idea of carrying around even more consumables absolutely atrocious. Right now not including potions (I am alch.) I completely fill up an 18 slot bag with poisons. It is a giant pain in the ass as it is to keep enough poisons for just myself for every situation, let alone 24 other people I may be raiding with.

Wavechaser on
    edited April 2007
    Group aura buff would be schweet.

Medopine on
    edited April 2007

I personally find the idea of carrying around even more consumables absolutely atrocious. Right now not including potions (I am alch.) I completely fill up an 18 slot bag with poisons. It is a giant pain in the ass as it is to keep enough poisons for just myself for every situation, let alone 24 other people I may be raiding with.

Abloo abloo bloo.

My druid's got 38 slots full of tank and healing gear sets, and reagents.

And not that I'm advocating rogues get something like this, but water doesn't cost mages space, and healthstones only cost space as far as soulstones go, which do much more for them than provide healthstones.

Edit: Expose armor could function as a dps booster for other classes in this sense, if only it stacked with sunder.

Septus on
    edited April 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Edit: Expose armor could function as a dps booster for other classes in this sense, if only it stacked with sunder.

God yes. Imp Expose armor is such an awesome talent and it really serves as a huge ass buff if you have a Pally Maintanking. Making this ability stackable with sunder would make Rogue a shit-ton more useful for raids.

Wavechaser on
    edited April 2007
    I think we have banged our head on that a ton of times already. I'm to tired to fight for it anymore.

It makes so much sense, and yet will never happen. :(

Medopine on
    edited April 2007
    <3 expose...

but tbh, i gotta give blizz credit for not making it stack with sunder and then pumping mob armor to compensate.

fadingathedges on
    edited April 2007
    uh, mob armor in tbc is an extreme amount higher then before.

Angry on
This discussion has been closed.