As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4E Discussion] Underdark book does use the terms "Feydark" and "Shadowdark"

1555657585961»

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's the attack bonus? I'm not familiar with the feat. If it's +2 or less, I probably wouldn't take it.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    What's the attack bonus? I'm not familiar with the feat. If it's +2 or less, I probably wouldn't take it.

It is indeed +2.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Many soldiers across all three tiers mark, Sahuagin for example and many soldier monsters I make (and official ones) can mark. The difference between soldiers that mark and PCs tends to be that soldiers don't tend to do anything when they mark like a fighter or similar. They impose a -2 penalty to attack, but they frequently lack powers that let them do anything about a PC trying to move away. The Sahuagin Raider is a good example of a soldier type monster that marks and has a feature that lets it take advantage. If they are flanking a marked target, if the target shifts they get an opportunity attack.

Edit: In SoH quite a few encounters I've run feature creatures that mark. PCs simply don't notice monster marks as much because mechanically they aren't as debilitating.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Having fun with my Ardent multiclassed into Bard. I call the resulting combination....

...an Ardbard.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    smeej wrote: »

...an Ardbard.

Bardent?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    smeej wrote: »

...an Ardbard.

Bardent?

Well.... fuck.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    New thread smell. Or something like that.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Level 5 creature with an at will restrain vs reflex attack is probably the most annoying thing I have ever seen.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Level 5 creature with an at will restrain vs reflex attack is probably the most annoying thing I have ever seen.

Lvl 1 with at-will daze and at-will slow on a secondary attack.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
This discussion has been closed.