As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CEO Type Quarterbacks Inside [NFL Thread]

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the 2nd one is awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It was more funny after I abruptly unplugged his ethernet cable causing his network permissions to reset, resulting in at least 2 helpdesk tickets.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    It was more funny after I abruptly unplugged his ethernet cable causing his network permissions to reset, resulting in at least 2 helpdesk tickets.

nah that is you being a dick about a harmless prank

natek on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2009
    yeah man, next time hang a picture of gary anderson missing that field goal

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, unplugging a cable is a harmless prank. There was no explanation as to why his permissions reset. Call it a bonus.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    damnit Longwell, if that missed FG costs me my match

I will be very mad

because I'd rather not have to play those fucking Sad Schaubs again

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Marth wrote: »

I will be very mad

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

NOOOOOOOOO

Unless Giants Steve Smith goes wild and Brandon Jacobs does nothing!

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's been a weird season to be a Raiders fan.

Marth on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

this is true

but its been better than the last 6 seasons i must admit

tugga on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Christmas already happened because the Saints lost and coworker is making exscuses and EVERYONE is making fun of his team. I changed my desktop background to a Colts theme and my other coworker switched his to a Cowboys theme. Yes I did the whole "Who dat?" thing while all three of us are around.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    He prints out JPEG's of Aaron Rodgers getting sacked every week and tapes them to our divider window.

I call bullshit.

There isn't a divider window in the universe big enough for all those pictures.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Did anyone catch the Desean Jackson profile on NFL Countdown yesterday? He was great.

"Try to cover me one on one, with no help? That's like unpossible."

Guy cracks me up. I'm not sure I've seen a player that full of himself since Jamie Foxx in Any Given Sunday.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tugga wrote: »

this is true

but its been better than the last 6 seasons i must admit

Unfortunately a blind squirrel found a nut with JaMarcus Russell throwing the game winning touchdown and it'll be harder to get rid of him.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I will be very mad

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

NOOOOOOOOO

Unless Giants Steve Smith goes wild and Brandon Jacobs does nothing!

We are all hoping this happens.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey Vikings D! Thank you for forcing me to rely on Jason fuck Campbell to make round 2 of the playoffs in my money league. Bunch of fuckknuckles.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Hey Vikings D! Thank you for forcing me to rely on Jason fuck Campbell to make round 2 of the playoffs in my money league. Bunch of fuckknuckles.

They and their offensive line have looked really bad the last two games. I know you aren't going to face Julius Peppers every week but if they can't get AP back to 4.5 YPC they're in deep shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Butters wrote: »

They and their offensive line have looked really bad the last two games. I know you aren't going to face Julius Peppers every week but if they can't get AP back to 4.5 YPC they're in deep shit.

Luckily I only need campbell to get me 8 points. He is projected for 19. Got my fingers crossed.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So are there local assassins that can be hired on the cheap in Wisconsin?

Mason Crosby has gone too far.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Luckily I only need campbell to get me 8 points. He is projected for 19. Got my fingers crossed.

Campbell has been playing well the last few games and the Giants D has not. I wouldn't be too worried about getting 8 points.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

And they NEED AP to run well or else they can't do anything because relying on Favre is not working

First against Arizona and then last night against a below average Panthers team

The Saints can get away not having much of a running on a certain day because Brees can carry them, but the Vikings can't

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ShimSham wrote: »
    So are there local assassins that can be hired on the cheap in Wisconsin?

Mason Crosby has gone too far.

What good are 3 measly points anyways, it's not like

Oh

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited December 2009

And they NEED AP to run well or else they can't do anything because relying on Favre is not working

First against Arizona and then last night against a below average Panthers team

The Saints can get away not having much of a running on a certain day because Brees can carry them, but the Vikings can't

No pocket passer can operate when you're constantly being knocked down even when the defense is only rushing 3 men. Love Brees, he's awesome and all, but he can't perform when he's getting pushed around when the defense isn't even blitzing and that's also why New Orleans lost. NBC showed the coverage on a few of those sacks last night and it was air fucking tight.

Same thing happened to Warner when Arizona played Indy. Freeney and Mathis had a field day and one of the most potent offenses in the league was completely shut down.

Also, I kept hearing about this "number 1 rated defense" of Green Bay's last night. What a joke. They're 11th in PPG and they're the most penalized team in the NFL. They have a bright future ahead of them if they can improve their secondary but they are not the NFL's best.

Butters on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If I lose to Butters tonight, I have no one to blame but myself - I left a stupid amount of points on my WR and RB bench this week.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can agree with that, Butters.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, after a disastrous outing last week, my fantasy team righted itself and fought to a 14 point win, putting me in the final playoff. Thank you Aaron "44 points" Rodgers. Also thank you for my opponent's team only having one player with a double digit score.

The bad news is that I will now be facing the clear league winner. He won his playoff game by 111 points. Things do not look good for Team Basically the Packers.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my decision to start roy williams over austin collie has proven disastrous

oh well

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Quarterback Brett Favre did not hold back Sunday night when talking about coach Brad Childress' attempt to pull him from the Vikings' 26-7 loss at Bank of America Stadium. But it turns out this is not the first time Favre has been down this path with Childress this season.

Childress also tried to remove Favre early from the Vikings' 27-10 victory over Detroit on Nov. 15 at the Metrodome, according to people with knowledge of the situation. Childress has pulled Favre from six games this season because the Vikings had a big lead late -- that includes the victory over the Lions -- but in two of these cases Childress wanted to make the move well before Favre saw fit.

In both cases, Favre has remained in. It was clear he was extremely unhappy Sunday night about the fact Childress wanted to take him out with the Vikings leading 7-6 in the third quarter.

"Yeah, there was a heated discussion, I guess you would call it," said Favre, who finished 17 of 27 for 224 yards with no touchdowns and an interception. "We were up 7-6 at the time. No secret, I was getting hit a little bit. I felt the pressure on a lot of plays. We had seven points. So I think everyone in the building was like, ‘They’re not moving the ball, they’re not getting points.’ Brad wanted to go in a different direction and I wanted to stay in the game.

"We were up 7-6. Yeah, it’s not 70-6, but we’re up 7-6. So I said, ‘I’m staying in the game, I’m playing.’ I don’t know if it was exactly to protect me, or we had seven points, I’m not sure. That’s his call. But we talked it out. We didn’t have time, I didn’t have time to sit there and say why or what. My response was, we’ve got to win this ballgame and I want to stay in and do whatever I can. Now, unfortunately, I didn’t do that, but that was my intention."
    That's pretty funny

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would like to hear Childress' explanation of how switching to T-Jack helps them win that game.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would like to hear Childress' explanation of how switching to T-Jack helps them win that game.

The only justification I can think of is that Jackson can actually move and throw on the run fairly well.

Plus they weren't that concerned about winning that game. The Packers had already lost, the NFC North was locked up from that moment on. It was probably done more out of not wanting to see Favre injured than winning a pretty meaningless game.

So far, Favre is proving me right. Three of his four worst QB ratings this year have come in the last three weeks, starting the week after Thanksgiving. (Pittsburgh game was the only one that came before Thanksgiving)

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    NFC East fans not named Goose:

What are the chances you'd give the Redskins to beat the Giants tonight?

How have the two teams looked against each other lately? I think the last 'Skins Giants game I saw was opening game 2008.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    look out, there's a schism in the Vikings' locker room!

jesus christ

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    look out, there's a schism in the Vikings' locker room!

jesus christ

the tension is pulpable

Marth on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The good news is that the Giants D has been playing like shit so you have a decent chance.

• Options
    edited December 2009

The good news is that the Giants D has been playing like shit so you have a decent chance.

Good because I have to win this game and two others to get any monies. Fucking commish made it a winner take all league with 8 playoff teams. I want to kick him.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited December 2009

Good because I have to win this game and two others to get any monies. Fucking commish made it a winner take all league with 8 playoff teams. I want to kick him.

Bad news: You have to depend on Jason fucking Campbell to win this game.

• Options
    edited December 2009

Could be worse. He has been playing well. Just need him to keep it up one more game.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited December 2009

Could be worse. He has been playing well. Just need him to keep it up one more game.

Yeah you could have had the Cleveland Browns yester- oh.

• Options
    edited December 2009

The only justification I can think of is that Jackson can actually move and throw on the run fairly well.

That's not going to help him make throws into tight coverage when 7 and 8 men are dropping back.
    Plus they weren't that concerned about winning that game. The Packers had already lost, the NFC North was locked up from that moment on. It was probably done more out of not wanting to see Favre injured than winning a pretty meaningless game.

Meaningless if you think a top seed with a pretty banged up roster is meaningless. That bye week in the playoffs can be the difference between a Superbowl championship and a first round loss. Just ask the 2007 and 2008 Steelers.

If that's Childress' reasoning it's pretty stupid.
    So far, Favre is proving me right. Three of his four worst QB ratings this year have come in the last three weeks, starting the week after Thanksgiving. (Pittsburgh game was the only one that came before Thanksgiving)

Yeah if you want to provide zero context to this statement I guess your prediction was vaguely accurate.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Holmgren to the Browns. Where to, Mangina? Where to?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.