As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

I'm sitting at home, enjoying my week off from work, when my roommate, who is home waiting for a special delivery from China (which was my Friday false alarm) comes in and hands me a well-traveled-looking parcel! From Canada! I don't know anyone from Canada! (Or do I...)

I don't own any pets, so Package Inspector Yeast will supervise the opening of suspicious gift.
    icmwsi.jpg

You got DRUMSTICKS:
    2q8r88l.jpg
    Zildjian 5A's! Very nice, the size I use and everything.

What's this? A package INSIDE another package?! How INSIDIOUS!
    2a9w9dy.jpg

There are three rectangular-shaped objects in here:
    2820vme.jpg
    Dead Space! I have not played this yet, but I have heard some very good things about it. I can't wait to pop it in and give it a go! Also, I love that it's obviously Canadian, since it's not just Platinum Hits, it's "Palmares Paltine"
    2uhsebq.jpg
    Zombies 4: The End, a Zombie Card Game! I have played the first Zombies!!!, it was very fun, this will make a great party game.
    eq41sm.jpg
    The Trailer Park Boys? I have not heard of this, but if my Santa recommends it, it must be watched and enjoyed!

The whole haul!
    2ex0eif.jpg

Thank you, elevature!

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man.. Trailer Park Boys.. One of Canada's best kept secrets..

remlap13 on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anything zombies I must have. For anyone that has played that card game, how is it?

Santee, soon. Very soon. Any second now.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I heard REALLY good things about Trailer Park Boys. Gotta check them out one of these days.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I heard REALLY good things about Trailer Park Boys. Gotta check them out one of these days.

Yes you really should. It's crude. The characters are basically high or drunk all the time. You will never hear the word f*** so many times in twenty-odd minutes of TV. But you will love it.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

You may remember I already got Minecraft as a gift last week(it's a blast so far, looking forward to further updates), but now I have pictures!
    142229.jpg
    What could be inside?

142344.jpg
    An awesome letter, based on my status as the male head of the McNinja household, and our unique culture.

142437.jpg
    Delicious Black Diamond candy and chocolate coated almonds. Did I mention my Santa was from California?

142619.jpg
    Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman! I loved American Gods, and my Santa stalked me so well he knew I'd be after this!

142655.jpg
    The whole haul!

Thank you so much, Zealous One, for making my first Secret Santa(but definitely not my last) a special one!

Xtarath on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got knocked off my bike carrying my super secret santa present to the post office (even though I'm not taking part this year) and had to go to hospital.

Sorry not-really-my-santee, these will have to be a post-xmas gift. Blame York's piss-poor A&E section in the hospital, it took me an hour and a half to get out.

Incidentally I'm fine but my poor little folding bike will cycle no more.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Did you get the plates on the miniature sleight and eight tiny reindeer that knocked you over?

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So remember how I said we got buried in snow? I returned home today to dig out our house so we can go home tonight (been staying at the in-laws since Saturday) and discovered that the post man had actually trudged through 20"+ of snow up our driveway to the door and left a package! I was at first quite glad until I realized that he didn't put it in a bag and the sides of the box were all mushy from the snow melting and hoped that it had not ruined what may be contained inside!

It had not! Yay! So once I dug my way to the door I retrieved the package and brought it back after removing enough snow to get the cars out and get into the house.
    I figured the first place the package should be was under the tree.
    IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg
    Patience is completely uninterested in the package.

IMG_8752.jpg
    A letter! Let's see what it says..
    Dear ArcSyn,
    Congratulations on your new 360. It's a nice transition from the Wii I assure you, as I did it myself 2 years ago. I tried to think of what kind of 360 games felt like they could have been Wii games, so I went with Megaman, Ninja Turtles, and Metroid... err... Shadow Complex.

Of course, digital distribution isn't very fun. We gamers like to hold physical things, so I made you some very VERY amateur boxes. Some I stole, some I altered, and some I just faked entirely. Please forgive the designs themselves, as they were made in photoshop, of which I've spent a grand total of 3 hours with... maybe.

Happy Holidays,
    [Bomb-omb image]

IMG_8751.jpg
    Inside are three 360 games! Something looks a little funny about these cases though.... I hadn't read the letter yet at this point.

IMG_8756.jpg
    Shadow Complex! I know nothing about this game but the Metroid slip-up in the letter makes me quite curious!
    The case says: "Shadow Complex is the height of old-school side-scrolling design combined with modern, cutting-edge gameplay." Should be interesting!

IMG_8757.jpg
    Mega Man 9! I used to love Mega Man and kept meaning to pick this up and haven't yet!
    Closer inspection of the legal terms on the back of the box reveals, "This box is a fake, and I'm mostly writing here a bunch of nonsense to make it appear to be a real case. I'm now just going to copy and paste this exact same thing a few more times to appear more bulky." (and then it's repeated twice) :D Awesome! I think it's great how much time and detail you put into these boxes!

IMG_8755.jpg
    Last of the games, but definitely not least is Turtles!
    It's legal text also appears to be made up! (but isn't all legal text generally just made up?) "This game is for the Xbox360 only, and cannot be resold. Other than that, I'm just typing here so it looks like some legal crap is going on. Now, I'm just going to copy paste that same thing over and over." (repeat twice)

Now I have more games to play on my new 360!

Further digging in the box reveals another gift!
    IMG_8754.jpg
    It's Mega Man! I had no idea that they even made these! Includes an extra arm which apparently if you collect all the characters builds another Mega Man or something. If I ever come across these I'll have to buy up the rest of them to build the extra one. :)

IMG_8758.jpg
    The whole haul! Thank you!

So thank you, Kor! Great gifts and I can't wait to play these! I'm going to log into XBox.com and get these games downloaded now!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I want to apologize to my santee right now. My gift to him was sent to MY house, because I am retarded. As such, he will not be getting it till after christmas.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I got knocked off my bike carrying my super secret santa present to the post office (even though I'm not taking part this year) and had to go to hospital.

Sorry not-really-my-santee, these will have to be a post-xmas gift. Blame York's piss-poor A&E section in the hospital, it took me an hour and a half to get out.

Incidentally I'm fine but my poor little folding bike will cycle no more.

Man that's harsh D: Mowed down on your way to give out random giftage for no expected return! I hope you get your bike replaced by the bastard. At least you've escaped injury, my wife got knocked off her bike a few years back and broke her bum bone, which as you can imagine wasn't fun in the slightest.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    After a brief hiatus, I can finally post my Santa's presents. Without further delay, here it is:
    DSCF5140.jpg

The package was waiting for me after work. A little beat up but in good shape.

What could be inside?

DSCF5142.jpg

AAA batteries! Just what I always wanted! Thanks a ton Santa!

Alright. That's not all that was in there.

DSCF5146.jpg

Seems my Santa Googled my user name.

DSCF5148.jpg

I don't remember joining the Marines. However, I'm now an honorary member of the 4th Supply Battalion.

DSCF5150.jpg

Doing what Marines do best: Kicking ass.

DSCF5156.jpg

Yo! I heard you like Guitar Hero, so we put an electronic guitar in yo shirt!

Also, MS fun bucks.

DSCF5158.jpg

I won't lie. This didn't last past that evening. Good stuff.

Thanks for the great gifts, Santa!

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheScruple wrote: »
    GIFT GET!

I'm sitting at home, enjoying my week off from work, when my roommate, who is home waiting for a special delivery from China (which was my Friday false alarm) comes in and hands me a well-traveled-looking parcel! From Canada! I don't know anyone from Canada! (Or do I...)

I don't own any pets, so Package Inspector Yeast will supervise the opening of suspicious gift.
    icmwsi.jpg

You got DRUMSTICKS:
    2q8r88l.jpg
    Zildjian 5A's! Very nice, the size I use and everything.

What's this? A package INSIDE another package?! How INSIDIOUS!
    2a9w9dy.jpg

There are three rectangular-shaped objects in here:
    2820vme.jpg
    Dead Space! I have not played this yet, but I have heard some very good things about it. I can't wait to pop it in and give it a go! Also, I love that it's obviously Canadian, since it's not just Platinum Hits, it's "Palmares Paltine"
    2uhsebq.jpg
    Zombies 4: The End, a Zombie Card Game! I have played the first Zombies!!!, it was very fun, this will make a great party game.
    eq41sm.jpg
    The Trailer Park Boys? I have not heard of this, but if my Santa recommends it, it must be watched and enjoyed!

The whole haul!
    2ex0eif.jpg

Thank you, elevature!

I'm so glad it arrived intact! I was worried about the drumsticks. The UPS lady wouldn't let me use a box, said it had to be in a bag unless I wanted to pay like $80 for express shipping. I was expecting you to get a bag of splinters.

I hope you enjoy the DVD. It is, as mentioned above, very crude, but also hilarious. I may just have to watch some myself.

Merry christmas!

elevature on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    thread needs more trailer park boys love

such a great show

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got my present today! Unfortunately, I have company over so I can't get pictures up until tomorrow.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee,

The last gift has been ordered. Hopefully, I've timed this perfectly so it'll arrive in time for Christmas,

Anarchy

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2009
    I got the most crazy secret santa gift today.

It's like ... a robot monster... that slacktron made for me... out of a bunch of loc line tube pieces... but it also came wiht this 30 page manual on how to USE the robot as well as... god i'm not even sure i can adequately describe the scope of this document that he wrote. There have to be 40 photoshopped images in this... this must have taken 30-40 hours to do. This is going in the file.

Anyway, the robot monster (named Gary for now) has the esteemed task of holding checks that i should not deposit yet while ascending MC Frontalot's "Greatest Rapper Ever" Trophy.

http://twitpic.com/uk8co

On top of that Slacktron made me some sweet custom drumsticks.

THANKS SANTA

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is it like that ping pong robot you guys bought but never told us how it worked?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

First I want to say thanks Santa, I wanted to sprint home and tear the package apart, but I restrained myself until I was indoors!

I'm the proud new owner of a D&D DM book along with a bag of dice and a set of tabletop figures! I've been looking to get involved with a D&D group here, looks like this is the nudge I needed!

Thanks again Santa, you're AWESOME!!

PS: Santee, you should have received your boxes last week, hoping they didnt get lost =\

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GASP! PRESENT GOT!
    Without a true pet to check its contents, I am forced to tap into a mighty, regal source...
    KingSlimeApproaches.jpg
    A King Slime draws near!
    After feeling secure that the package is safe, King Slime grabs a nearby knife to open the package... and....
    SantaCastsDexter.jpg
    Dexter Season 1 draws near!
    (Good thing King Slime came prepared!)

Thanks so much, DVG! Dexter is indeed a great series (though season 3 was kinda meh) and I've been totally looking forward to getting this on DVD for a long time! I'm watching it tonight while I wrap family Christmas presents!

Happy holidays to you and yours! :D

Slagmire on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does the robot move around and shit khoo

is it remote control?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I know I saw it somewhere in this thread. How do you make custom wrapping paper?

No-one's answered this, so I will.

Lewie's Santa took images of Lewie's favourite games and printed them out , then wrapped his presents up - they were fab!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the robot just grips like a motherfucker.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It's like ... a robot monster... that slacktron made for me... out of a bunch of loc line tube pieces... but it also came wiht this 30 page manual on how to USE the robot as well as... god i'm not even sure i can adequately describe the scope of this document that he wrote. There have to be 40 photoshopped images in this... this must have taken 30-40 hours to do. This is going in the file.

Anyway, the robot monster (named Gary for now) has the esteemed task of holding checks that i should not deposit yet while ascending MC Frontalot's "Greatest Rapper Ever" Trophy.

THANKS SANTA

You're very welcome!

Thinking up some way to say "thanks" for all the awesome years of PAX was a real treat.

But in the interest of full disclosure, the evolution document was inspired by what I consider one of the finest cinematic moments this decade (from the 56 second mark):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0

The Black Suits were a late addition. I saw you fail out on Rock Band Drums on PATV. As a fellow drummer, of course I blame the sticks. Hopefully these new ones will hit the right pads at the right time.

Enjoy!

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I KNEW that's what that looked like!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy balls a fucking robot!! And that fallout helmet is siiiick.

And this ...
    ss9.jpg
    is just amazing.

Sent my package out today, definitely took longer to finish it all up then I anticipated. I hope my SS will be a happy SS.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    DSCF5158.jpg

Salt Water Taffy has always fascinated me, I mean, it's sweet, but also salt? That makes no sense! I think it's probably like salt licorice? Interestingly, salt licorice contains way more sugar than sweet licorice!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    slacktron wrote: »

THANKS SANTA

You're very welcome!

Thinking up some way to say "thanks" for all the awesome years of PAX was a real treat.

But in the interest of full disclosure, the evolution document was inspired by what I consider one of the finest cinematic moments this decade (from the 56 second mark):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0

The Black Suits were a late addition. I saw you fail out on Rock Band Drums on PATV. As a fellow drummer, of course I blame the sticks. Hopefully these new ones will hit the right pads at the right time.

Enjoy!

ok, so for the record i failed out because John Drake from Harmonix is an asshole (not really), and he was the one that put together the drum part for the "are you really a woman" song we played at pax. That clip of us playing in the office was the first day we got it and it frustrated the fuck out of me.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    very good. I'll write up a destroy_john_drake() subroutine for your 5x Omnibot this evening.

The firmware will upload wirelessly. That'll show him and his drum parts.

EDIT: you'll just need to invite him into your office so he can take a "close look" at that thing on the trophy, then... bam! Facehugger.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Get 2: Moar Box!
    I took pics, but my mom and sister just got in from AZ, so the usb cable is safely nestled behind the explosion that is luggage.
    But thanks be to my santa, who got me a little remote controlled warthog and the Halo encyclopedia (my MS buddies are going to be jealous).
    Reveal thyself!!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    God damn postman strikes. What is this? Soviet Russia!?

Do your damn jobbssssss. I do mine. WHY CAN'T YOU DO YOURS

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I took pics, but my mom and sister just got in from AZ, so the usb cable is safely nestled behind the explosion that is luggage.
    But thanks be to my santa, who got me a little remote controlled warthog and the Halo encyclopedia (my MS buddies are going to be jealous).
    Reveal thyself!!

It is I! But there were two boxes, not just one! Check the mail again, both of them should have been there last week! The box you didnt mention has everything of substance to tie it all together, that second box was just overflow!

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hooray for craft gifts! Mine is going to look so amateur!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    Reveal thyself!!

It is I! But there were two boxes, not just one! Check the mail again, both of them should have been there last week! The box you didnt mention has everything of substance to tie it all together, that second box was just overflow!

That explains the mumbo-jumbo newspapers, then.
    Hmm...two boxes you say? Did both get off at the same time? I'll have to double check with the management...I tell you, we can't trust any of these yokels to do anything right...

Custom Special on
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ATTN: "VOWELS"

MATERIALS RECEIVED 11DEC AT 0900, DISCLOSED 18DEC DUE TO WEATHER. MESSAGE "HLYSHTUGUDSTLKR" WAS EVALUATED AND DESTROYED IMMEDIATELY. PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE FOLLOWS FOR PR PURPOSES.
    santa2009_2.jpg
    santa2009.jpg
    I LOVE YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE, AND I AM SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO POST

Agentflit on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Agentflit wrote: »

MATERIALS RECEIVED 11DEC AT 0900, DISCLOSED 18DEC DUE TO WEATHER. MESSAGE "HLYSHTUGUDSTLKR" WAS EVALUATED AND DESTROYED IMMEDIATELY. PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE FOLLOWS FOR PR PURPOSES.
    santa2009_2.jpg
    santa2009.jpg

Aha! It was me all along!
    Glad you got it!
    I still have the text of the letter, if you want me to post it... <3

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Both shipped out at exactly the same time. This was what I was worried about, I should have just packaged them as one!

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    Both shipped out at exactly the same time. This was what I was worried about, I should have just packaged them as one!

That may have made it easier to keep track of, but I blame our postal carrier/apartment management. They are sucking lately. Like a slip in my mailbox that says "you have a package" with no corresponding package in the office...They are less than helpful.

Custom Special on
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aioua wrote: »
    Agentflit wrote: »

santa2009_2.jpg
    santa2009.jpg

Aha! It was me all along!
    Glad you got it!
    I still have the text of the letter, if you want me to post it... <3

IT'S TOO EARLY TO FEEL SAFE
    feelsafe.gif

Agentflit on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PRESENTS!!

A couple hours ago I got the familiar knock ring knock of the UPS guy. I get a lot of packages in and out so I always know which delivery company it is by the way they knock. :lol:

I wasn't expecting anything from UPS so I knew I was getting Santa'd!

One of my cats was more curious than the other...
    Box.jpg

Instructions...
    Envelope.jpg

Letter...
    Letter.jpg

The letter, if you can't read it, tells me what is in the box, why, and who it's from.

Presents!
    Games.jpg

More presents!
    Movies.jpg

MRRgllGGRRRRrgglgllggGLLLGLllGGLLGRRRGGGL!!
    Plushies.jpg

The whole shebang:
    Haul.jpg

A very heartfelt thanks to Arikado for the fun and thoughtful gifts!

There's tons of fun in this here package that should keep me occupied for a good long time. The murlocs have already caused some tears though. As soon as I took them out of their bags (not pictured) my 15mo daughter made a beeline for them and made getting the picture awfully hard. She's got enough stuffed animals. These are going on my shelf, tears or not. :P

Merry Christmas and thanks again!

EDIT: I didn't have American Movie, in fact I've never even heard of it :oops: I will remedy that this week.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand