As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    I've had insurance since november 1st. before that I hadn't had it since 2007?

I haven't used it for anything yet!

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »
    break an arm just because I can

when I was on the phone with the insurance place signing up it was like the guy was telling me to commit insurance fraud

like "yeah, like if you break your arm you get $5000 (i don't know if it's that much) and if hospital bills are less than that it's just cash in your pocket."

Garlic Bread on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I get insurance in about a month (hopefully) and I plan on calling the dentist as soon as I get it.

pillow on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey, speaking of insurance, I was glad to see the health bill passed the senate vote to end debate.

Excited about: Prohibiting the denial of coverage due to preexisting conditions and prohibiting lifetime limits on benefits.

Drew-B on
    edited December 2009
    i really should call the dentist but it'd still cost a ton of money and i'd be embarrassed because my teeth are the worst.

just short of meth mouth

Garlic Bread on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man i love being Canadian, sure I will likely die in the ER if anything happens, but to know i can jump off a building and not have to worry about the bill after is piece of mind you can not buy.

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    Man i love being Canadian, sure I will likely die in the ER if anything happens, but to know i can jump off a building and not have to worry about the bill after is piece of mind you can not buy.

Of course it's piece of mind you can buy. That's exactly what buying health insurance is, teehee

Drew-B on
    edited December 2009
    pillow wrote: »
    I'll go skydiving with you keith. I've never had the chance to go skydiving before

i really need to research it. google's only showing this one place near philadelphia and the website just looks too professional. plus the reviews say the service is awful

but i really want to jump out of a plane

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »

Unless you buy health insurance

Well, if you want to get technical, but that's still more like renting. You never own your health insurance.

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    I'll go skydiving with you keith. I've never had the chance to go skydiving before

i really need to research it. google's only showing this one place near philadelphia and the website just looks too professional. plus the reviews say the service is awful

but i really want to jump out of a plane

I wonder how much it costs to get to jump out of a plane, anyways? I'll have to look that up.

Also, go to the dentist! You don't want to end up needing root canals, do you? Or if you already need a root canal, you don't want to end up letting that infection really fuck you over, do you? I used to be really bad about not wanting to go to the dentist, but now I realize it's a pretty healthy thing to do.

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    I always enjoyed going to the dentist, we would high five about how awesome my teeth are and how i wouldn't need to get my wisdom teeth out. I should really go to the dentist again sometime, i need an old man high five.

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    I've already had 5 root canals, one of which probably fucked up a tooth. Combined with getting braces (and then off) that ruined my teeth as well, I kind of don't like going to the dentist

I had pretty good teeth until they tried to make perfect teeth, then I got the worst teeth

should have kept my prize, not traded it for Door #3

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2009
    but really I would go but even with insurance I'm sure it will cost me thousands of dollars and I can't afford that at all

Garlic Bread on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Well, if you want to get technical, but that's still more like renting. You never own your health insurance.

Try not paying your taxes

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited December 2009
    Ouch, that sucks keith.

ffffff melding my sister is one of those "my teeth are perfect" kids and I just stand in the corner and glare

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    That sucks Keith. similar thing happened to my sister, minus the root canals.

Though my mom has had well over 8 of them has a number of other problems with her teeth.

So, i guess, get a better dentist?

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    maybe i can orchestrate an accident to happen on a rich company's property that will coincidentally knock out all of my teeth so that that company has to get me new teeth

teeth that shoot lasers

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2009
    BusterK wrote: »

Man, in the past seven years I had not had to pay taxes, and the government keeps giving ME money. If i wasn't so broke all the time and still in school i would almost feel bad. I'm sure as soon as i start working full time again I will bitch about taxes and what have you, but I got so many credits built up it will take a while.

also Pillow, I am sorry that my awesome teeth are a problem, can we still be friends?

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    HA!

Drew-B on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    queue four thousand butt hurt women

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited December 2009

Man, in the past seven years I had not had to pay taxes, and the government keeps giving ME money. If i wasn't so broke all the time and still in school i would almost feel bad. I'm sure as soon as i start working full time again I will bitch about taxes and what have you, but I got so many credits built up it will take a while.

also Pillow, I am sorry that my awesome teeth are a problem, can we still be friends?

only if I get to draw buck teeth on your photos

One thing I'm worried about is receding gums. My mother used to grind her teeth or something, I'm not even sure what caused it.. all I know is she ended up having to get skin grafted or her teeth would have fallen out. Yuck. I feel bad for her thinking about it!

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    I park like a fuckin' pro; haters gonna hate.

pillow on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When it comes to driving
    On average
    Women have more small accidents
    Men have larger accidents
    On average
    Women are less adept at spatial relations
    Men are more likely to be overconfident and take greater risks

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited December 2009

One thing I'm worried about is receding gums. My mother used to grind her teeth or something, I'm not even sure what caused it.. all I know is she ended up having to get skin grafted or her teeth would have fallen out. Yuck. I feel bad for her thinking about it!

I constantly wake with the feeling that I've had a vice grip clenching my jaw shut

Why did you write this post?!

Drew-B on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

my mom had the opposite problem -- she had her gums lasered back to give her more tooth area or something

and also veneers

dentistry is terrifying

skippydumptruck on
    edited December 2009

It might look out of place, but okay, not like i could look more ridicules.

Melding on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had to get a few cavities drilled out over the summer

One ended up getting drilled down below my gumline

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited December 2009

I watched my lesbian roommate's girlfriend do some real impressive parallel parking a few weeks ago.

I mean I'm not saying, but maybe I am saying.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited December 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »

I watched my lesbian roommate's girlfriend do some real impressive parallel parking a few weeks ago.

I mean I'm not saying, but maybe I am saying.

Well I ain't sayin either, but maybe I am.

I'll begin the survey today. "hey yo butch, you park well or what?"

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    Woman found dead in lesbian district.
    Reports say she had it coming.

Melding on
    edited December 2009
    I want coauthor credit when you get published

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i parallel park like a champ

only useful skill i learned in driver's ed

Quoth on
    edited December 2009
    i have a couple of friends that can parallel park perfectly but they can't park in a damn parking lot

Garlic Bread on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was terrible at parking when I used to drive, and I'm probably much worse now.

KalTorak on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i failed my first time because the douche made me parallel park and i hit the car
    second time i made it without doing that bullshit
    and also because the tester fell asleep

Local H Jay on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I'm pretty convinced I'm going to have a heart attack or some other freak medical occurrence within the next few years. I don't really see myself living past 25.

Yeah I don't see myself turning 30. But hopefully because I'll do something stupid and not some freak medical thing

You two aren't going to die, you'll live forever!
    Just like Brittany Murphy! >: (

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    don't say that you guys

Meissnerd on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That you guys.

That you guys.

ChicoBlue on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    chico

Meissnerd on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i failed my first time because the douche made me parallel park and i hit the car
    second time i made it without doing that bullshit
    and also because the tester fell asleep

Yeah how dare he fail you because you couldn't perform a relatively basic maneuver correctly and also made contact with another vehicle.

Tweaked_Bat_ on