As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CEO Type Quarterbacks Inside [NFL Thread]

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Hey Vikings D! Thank you for forcing me to rely on Jason fuck Campbell to make round 2 of the playoffs in my money league. Bunch of fuckknuckles.

They and their offensive line have looked really bad the last two games. I know you aren't going to face Julius Peppers every week but if they can't get AP back to 4.5 YPC they're in deep shit.

Luckily I only need campbell to get me 8 points. He is projected for 19. Got my fingers crossed.

I am torn between sympathy and pointing and laughing.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And now Campbell is hurt. Goddammit. That's ok I didn't really want that 250 bucks anyway.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Todd Collins, throw the ball to Devin Thomas. Good god, throw all the balls to Devin Thomas.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, down 24 zip. There's under 30sec on the clock. I catch a ball in bounds, so it's a ball spinnin' time!

Hunter on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would like to see Jacobs sit on the bench in the second half

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Field goal time!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Man where is Shoe.

sorry I was busy not caring about that meaningless win because we got knocked out of playoff contention before that game even started

sure, NOW they play a good game. fuckin'... I'm going to bed.

not really, I'm still at work.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What the motherfuck was that?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wonder if Jim Zorn will even come out for the second half. Maybe they'll just play Shanahan music - it'll be like when Roger Clemens came back to the Yankees for the final time.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I guess that's our entertainment allotment for the game.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, why score 3 easy points when you can go for a stupid trick play and almost give up a TD on a ball that's just tossed up for grabs.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    id love to see the eagles win out and take the 2 seed from minnesota

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Marth wrote: »
    the eagles suck

also

fucking cowboys

you're gonna sign suisham? the guy who missed the game winner against you a couple of weeks ago? are you fucking retarded? fucking shit, i wish the new stadium would fucking implode

why can't buehler kick? they pull up some asshole who can't make them after folk sucks dick?

i want hunter lawrence now!

Not to mention when he missed a chip shot field goal that would have put the Saints away. Good thing the Cowboys didn't have to--

Oh.

:rotate:

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I must confess I am a Mike Turico fan.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit he is back from the dead. Take Campbell out now! Don't let him fuck it up. I have what I need!

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Like what he just did there Dogbone?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    He threw a nice TD pass to that guy in a Giants uniform.

Hunter on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wonder if Jim Zorn will even come out for the second half. Maybe they'll just play Shanahan music - it'll be like when Roger Clemens came back to the Yankees for the final time.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! MIKE SHANAHAN IN SNYDAH'S BAWX!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Like what he just did there Dogbone?

Dear jeebus let him break his leg on the sidelines. I'm still up but another int and i'll be fucked.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited December 2009
    This Favre season might end up with an even more spectacular finish than the last.

Per separate reports from ESPN and the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Childress previously tried to pull Favre on two other occasions.

Per ESPN, the first one came on October 5 against the Packers, after Favre audibled to a long pass late in a game that the Vikings led by 10 points with 3:27 to play. We criticized the decision at the time, though it wasn't clear whether Childress called the deep pass at a time when the Vikes could have milked the clock, or whether Favre had changed the play at the line in order to further "stick it" to Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson.

Chilldress reportedly was furious, but offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell persuaded Chilly to chill out.

When Favre learned of the near-benching, he confronted Childress, who blamed it on the emotion of the game.

Then, on November 15, Childress tried to do it again early in a 27-10 win over the Lions.

On the prior two occasions, Favre didn't say anything about it to he media. This time, however, he popped off -- and that apparently caused Chilly to blow a gasket, according to Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Powers believes that he was in the vicinity of the visiting coach's office last night when Childress learned about Favre's comments -- and that Childress emerged from the office "like a wild man" and "went ballistic."
    Go, Favre, Go!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And it would not surprise me if that's one of the reasons why he was run out of Green Bay, because Mike McCarthy does not tolerate that bullshit either.

Except the Packers aren't beholden to a single person in order to sell tickets, so Chilly just has to deal with it.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And it would not surprise me if that's one of the reasons why he was run out of Green Bay, because Mike McCarthy does not tolerate that bullshit either.

Except the Packers aren't beholden to a single person in order to sell tickets, so Chilly just has to deal with it.

Yeah because AP doesn't draw a crowd at all.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wonder what would happen if Peyton's ratio of ego to talent was like Favre's.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh my god hahahah

YOU WANNA GO, MAN?

Vladimer on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Helmet punches!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    good commentary

"good right hook"

"oh man good left hook!"

Vladimer on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Really?

Really?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    was someone tossed from the game?

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    don't pick a fight with the giants man,

they'll score a touchdown

Vladimer on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No. And no penalty on Jacobs.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    No. And no penalty on Jacobs.

He'll get a fine and possibly a suspension. He threw the first punch no question.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Apparently not because ticket sales exploded when Brett Favre was signed.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Apparently not because ticket sales exploded when Brett Favre was signed.

They did in Jersey too but they still sell out every season anyway.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh dear.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    finally, I might actually get a close win instead of a close loss

no Sad Schaubs for me next week hopefully!

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This is getting embarrassing.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm gonna assume the Giants covered.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I now need Philly to win out, that way the Vikings have to play the Giants hard.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Go clock go! Run down you son of a bitch!

Butters on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bale I don't know if you read this:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=8596
    The Jacksonville Jaguars signed veteran free agent linebacker Tank Daniels and signed rookie tight end Zach Potter and center Cecil Newton off the practice squad to the 53-man roster, the club announced today. Linebacker Clint Ingram (pictured) was placed on injured reserve after suffering a shoulder injury on December 13 against Miami. In addition, running back Josh Vaughan was signed to the practice squad today.
    Daniels, 6-3, 248, has had two stints with the Philadelphia Eagles and spent the 2007 season with the New York Giants after being signed as an undrafted rookie by the Eagles in 2006. Daniels, 28, has played in 26 regular season games, nine postseason games, and has 28 career special teams tackles. He played in all 16 games for the Eagles in 2008 and ranked fourth on the team with 18 special teams tackles.

After being waived by the Eagles in 2007, Daniels was signed by the Giants to their practice squad and was elevated to the active roster for the final four regular season games. He played in all four postseason games including Super Bowl XLII. A native of Clarendon, Arkansas, he was a four-year starter at Harding and was the first player from the school to play in the NFL. He had his No. 3 jersey retired in 2008 after recording 237 tackles, 34 tackles for loss, 17.5 sacks and seven interceptions during his collegiate career.

Vladimer on
This discussion has been closed.