As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Arguing

MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
ctf_2fort0008.jpg
ctf_2fort0004.jpg

also stealing my old thread from flippy dogs
How to add a server:
Before you start TF2, right click Steam in your toolbar and click on Servers. Go to the Favorites tab, click Add a Server, and type in the IP. Next time you launch TF2, go to the Favorites tab and select one of the servers that has people in it, type in the password (wang), and you should be good to go. Also make sure "Show map list" is unchecked in the bottom left. It makes finding servers stupid as hell.

Hey You's
TF2PRO.COM / TEAM ZISSOU SERVER Donate!
Mixed map rotation (Official and Custom). Also test maps for the PAMTU (Join).
Server IP: 208.167.242.188:27015

Job's
Hyperbolic Drama Chamber Donate!
Normal server with SourceMod.
Server IP: 216.155.146.69:27015

JonXP's
JonXP's server Donate!
Regular vanilla server. No plugins whatsoever.
Server IP: tf2.finalmeasure.com

PMAvers's
House of Non-Conformity Donate!
Custom map server.
Server IP: 208.167.243.68:27015
Download the Map Pack.
Extract to: Steam\steamapps\<your account>\team fortress 2\tf\maps

Mandalore's House of Props - New!
[strike]A modded server for the decidedly silly/amazing Prop Hunt game.[/STRIKE] Currently an idling server for those unblesséd by hats.
Server IP:208.167.247.217:27015
Map Pack (DOWNLOAD THIS FIRST)

b_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no real PA TF2 Steam Group. The HoNC has a Honc Night group that occasionally announces a custom map night, but that's about it. To get involved and meet people post here and add the servers to your favorites and hop on.

MrDelish on

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Best OP ever.

Undead Scottsman on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    ctf_2fort0004.jpg

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio - A fellow of infinite jests, of most excellent fancy.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heavy is overpowered.

Also backburner pyro.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I hate you so much.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    All facestabs are to now be referred to as "skillstabs".

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    I hate you so much.

Oh cmon, you had to laugh at those.

HAD TO.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    nealcm wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I wonder if they will ever find a way to make bonk useful

Make it also heal you, get rid of the root during drinking it, and remove the speed reduction at the end.

BAM.

I dunno about healing you, but I could see them reducing the reduction and taking away the root.

I mean, you don't have to stand still to bugle, why have to stand still to drink?

When I say heal, I mean like 20-30 points, mostly for when you are trying to escape to put out fire.

Morkath on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I heard Pyro's are pretty OP nowadays.

Verr on
    edited December 2009
    Verr wrote: »
    So I heard Pyro's are pretty OP nowadays.

Basically an instant win, really. They can only be countered by natascha heavies, who in turn can only be countered by bonk scouts.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heavy needs a nerf.

its sandwich is way unbal

Buttcleft on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait until valve un-asses my targe so I can become an unkillable black man. It'd be like being Scottish Luke Cage.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Report from the Department of Weird Ideas:

Engineer Unlock: Old Yeller

Replacing the shotgun, this backpack powered metal monstrosity fires an accurate bolt of lightning, dealing moderate damage at full charge(50 max). Every shot drains the backpacks Texas Tough™ energy cells, and a low-power shot does significantly less damage. The packs recharge automatically, and a full-power shock that kills a target will ignite all the remaining ammunition carried, making for quite an embarrassing discharge if in a group.

BlueDestiny on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Beezel wrote: »
    I can't wait until valve un-asses my targe so I can become an unkillable black man. It'd be like being Scottish Luke Cage.

So.. Shaft.

Rizzi on
    edited December 2009
    I'd enjoy the ridiculousness of further MMO-ization by giving the Engineer a level 1 turret that could follow him around.

I'd name mine Shooty.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited December 2009
    I'd enjoy the ridiculousness of further MMO-ization by giving the Engineer a level 1 turret that could follow him around.

I'd name mine Shooty.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
    The day moving sentries come into this game is the day I quit for good.

They would completely trivialize the scout class.

Morkath on
    edited December 2009

I'd name mine Shooty.

But TF2 NEEDS a pet class!

Undead Scottsman on
    edited December 2009

I'd name mine Shooty.

But TF2 NEEDS a pet class!

Heavy with a tiny pet bear that carries an ammo pack on its back.

Buttcleft on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

I'd name mine Shooty.

They've already done it to pyro, they need new blood.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sniper could have a drop bear that may appear and attack anyone approaching him from behind.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited December 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

I'd name mine Shooty.

They've already done it to pyro, they need new blood.

Shit your right.

So everyone stop playing pyro, the class is useless now.

No really, please. I am tired of instantly dying to flamethrower crits.

Morkath on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The reason I don't like pyros is because the most obnoxious people play them.

tofu on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Behead. Always behead.

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    tofu wrote: »

Hey, I play a Pyro...

...oh.

Undead Scottsman on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hey, I play a Pyro...

...oh.

8-)

tofu on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Also Scouts...

Speaking of which, had a lot of fun scooting this evening 8-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited December 2009
    fan scouts are the scum of tuftuu.

Buttcleft on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So everyone stop playing pyro, the class is useless now.

No really, please. I am tired of instantly dying to flamethrower crits.

It's pretty funny when you're running up the spiral in 2fort, run into seven people, then you get flamethrower crits and everyone of them dies.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited December 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    fan scouts are the scum of tuftuu.

Look I know you only have one eye as a demoman, but you spelled awesome wrong. There is no 'u' in it.

Morkath on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love playing pyro since this update. They demos try to charge me while I'm capping the point, and I airblast them up, and up, and up, and then they're looking down at me, right above the point, just barely too high to stop me. And I know they're watching with their one, useless, glowing eye as I cap. I don't even kill them. I let them live with that.

And then I reflect a direct hit at a soldier, killing them again. I guess maybe I'm just not a bad pyro or something.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love playing pyro since this update. They demos try to charge me while I'm capping the point, and I airblast them up, and up, and up, and then they're looking down at me, right above the point, just barely too high to stop me. And I know they're watching with their one, useless, glowing eye as I cap. I don't even kill them. I let them live with that.

And then I reflect a direct hit at a soldier, killing them again. I guess maybe I'm just not a bad pyro or something.

I got another Eyelander Mandy, I'm up to 4 now.
    Back down to 1, got my first refined metal thanks to it!
    sux 2 b u

Butterfly Boy on
  • HuggyBearHuggyBear Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Burn!!!

HuggyBear on
    2rh72wk.jpg
    edited December 2009
    HuggyBear wrote: »

Burn!!!

Critical Hit!!!
    Critical Hit!!!
    Critical Hit!!!
    Critical Hit!!!

Morkath on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You should play less and theorycraft more about why the class sucks so much. Then you can be a pro like other people here.

subedii on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I, too, have re-established my love of Pyro during this update. I would not have expected Demo and Soldier hordes to have so much trouble.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
    edited December 2009
    After days of careful deliberation I have decided that:

The Equalizer is overpowered as hell. Its a stupid weapon that needs scaling down quite drastically.

The Scottish Resistance baffles me. I cannot comprehend it. It has no use, ever. In a fast paced, high octane arcade shooter here is a weapon that loses almost its entire functionality when you're actually in combat. Its a cloak & dagger situation, if you actually sit back setting elaborate sticky traps you're just wasting time you could be using to kill people.

It's flaws are tremondous. Other than the huge limitation of being useless in an actual fight, the sight-detonation mechanic works against you almost all of the time. Trying to use it in a fight? Don't forget to be looking at your feet so you can set the damn things off. Explosion scatter your stickies everywhere? Enjoy twirling the screen around like a fucking madman to try and detonate them as your enemies walk by. Need to sticky jump? ha ha ha

The normal sticky launcher is ridiculous in a fight, 125 damage air bursts at your fingertips. The SR is like trying to fight with a ping of 1000. The normal sticky launcher also lets you set and use traps very quickly, meaning you can go where the enemies actually are and lay down some area denial. The SR demands that you place stickies well in advance and pray they actually bother coming down this route. And even when they do, the chances are a heavy will destroy them all in a second, or a soldier will rocket scatter them all over the place. And even if you kill someone with it, the people behind him will fuck you up because you can't drop any more useful stickies until you get a break from being shot at.

How these 2 things survived '100s of hours of playtesting' intact I do not know.

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2009
    Considering the fact some of the achievements just plain don't work, I think it is safe to say this patch got little testing due to the holidays, or that management ignored all of the problems and released it due to the holidays.

Morkath on
    edited December 2009
    I didn't even complain that some fantastic cretin, who makes a FPS for a living, actually thought Doublecross was a 'quality' map.

I would quite literally rather play turbine, and that is something I never thought I'd say. I might go open hammer and roll my face across the keyboard a few times so I can get a community map released officially too!

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like the Equalizer because it makes the most boring part of soldier (running around at snail speed gathering healthpacks) less boring. Reducing medic reliance is a good thing.

If they're going to nerf it, I could see nerfing the damage, or just buffing the shovel to be comparable.

And to be fair, most of the melee weapons have been straight upgrades. No one uses the bonesaw or fireaxe because their counterparts are clearly so much better.

Squidget0 on
    edited December 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    I didn't even complain that some fantastic cretin, who makes a FPS for a living, actually thought Doublecross was a 'quality' map.

I would quite literally rather play turbine, and that is something I never thought I'd say. I might go open hammer and roll my face across the keyboard a few times so I can get a community map released officially too!

oh god you have an opinion that differs from someone else.

someone inform the president

Buttcleft on
    edited December 2009
    Squidget0 wrote: »
    I like the Equalizer because it makes the most boring part of soldier (running around at snail speed gathering healthpacks) less boring. Reducing medic reliance is a good thing.

If they're going to nerf it, I could see nerfing the damage, or just buffing the shovel to be comparable.

And to be fair, most of the melee weapons have been straight upgrades. No one uses the bonesaw or fireaxe because their counterparts are clearly so much better.

They need to lower the speed too, its way too close to scout speed. It isn't that much less hps than a scout with a sandman as well, plus they get the rocket launcher rather than the pistol. Shotgun is basically the scattergun, just slightly less damage.

Morkath on