As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »

5.jpg

Hey, that's me! So far so good...

Is that a SPECTRE ring? Cool.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rook wrote: »
    In a case of amazing timing, a package turned up at exactly the same time I was planning on travelling half-way across the country. So I quickly stuffed them into my baggage and set off on a journey across the country.

Of course curiosity got the better of me long before I arrived but anyways GIFT GET!
    hollyandgifts2.png
    Obviously someone is disappointed they're not edible!

I got The Company by KJ Parker and A Good Day by Priscilla Ahn! Great stuff, KJ Parker is one of my favourite authors, and I've recently been playing along to a lot of Priscilla Ahn songs whilst I learn to play the guitar. I have to say I'm always shocked by other people's stalking skills as I was pretty sure I hadn't given out my wishlist, so it was a super surprise to get two items from it.

NickTheNewbie was also kind enough to give me an open invitation to MAGFest! Should I ever find myself in DC over the festive period.

So Merry Christmas all, and thanks NickTheNewbie, these were some great gifts.

Glad you like it! Sorry to ruin the surprise early...

Also, I'm glad you had updated your wishlist, because when I first looked, the only items on there were from about 2 years ago.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Any news, mooshoepork? I have absolutely no clue what time it is there in Australia. So, if you are sleeping right now, well, stop being from Australia!

Hey, just read your other post too. It could still be in transit as you said. The christmas rush compounded with our postal strikes could do it. Usually stuff takes about 1-2 weeks from the us. Once the post office opens I'll give them a call anyway though.

Edit: it's like 930 Christmas day here. We live in the future

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

5.jpg

Hey, that's me! So far so good...

Is that a SPECTRE ring? Cool.

Makes it even worse that I didn't have a cat to do the unboxing pics with.

A big, fluffy, white cat.

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Any news, mooshoepork? I have absolutely no clue what time it is there in Australia. So, if you are sleeping right now, well, stop being from Australia!

Hey, just read your other post too. It could still be in transit as you said. The christmas rush compounded with our postal strikes could do it. Usually stuff takes about 1-2 weeks from the us. Once the post office opens I'll give them a call anyway though.

Edit: it's like 930 Christmas day here. We live in the future

great_scott_400.png

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Get!
    1415dlv.jpg
    Rhythm Heaven and a six-pack of MexiCoke (imported coke made with delicious delicious cane sugar)!

Rhythm Heaven has been on my list of "games I should get around to buying one of these days", so I'm super-psyched to pop it into my DS!

I'm always happy to get more yummy coca-cola. I'm curious where you were able to get cans - I've only found it in glass bottles before. Great work on the stalking!

Thanks a million, mynameisguido!

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    14.jpg
    ...it's hard to decide what to start with!
    [/SPOILER]

Long story short (too late!): Many, many hearty thanks to Lunysgwen, a way cool Santa who admittedly didn't have much to work with, but came through in spades!

are you.... Seth Rogan?

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In the Christmas/Moses/holiday spirit, I must share this with the good cheer spreaders of this thread:

Punjabi Jingle Bells

Ketar on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm still used to working nights, so the mail is usually here when I get up. So I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed a few minutes ago, only to see a wild package appear....

...for someone else. I still haven't gotten anything yet. Oh, well, it'll make a nice surprise whenever it does come.

Norfair on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    Gift Get!
    1415dlv.jpg
    Rhythm Heaven and a six-pack of MexiCoke (imported coke made with delicious delicious cane sugar)!

Rhythm Heaven has been on my list of "games I should get around to buying one of these days", so I'm super-psyched to pop it into my DS!

I'm always happy to get more yummy coca-cola. I'm curious where you were able to get cans - I've only found it in glass bottles before. Great work on the stalking!

Thanks a million, mynameisguido!

Glad you liked it :)

I actually got the canned cokes from an online dealer (the name escapes me at the moment).

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok, finally got around to this but...

Gift Get!
    imgp0346g.jpg
    It's a bubble mailer from Canada. Wonder what's inside.
    imgp0347l.jpg
    Why it's a bunch of random Japanese Candy and a NSMB Yoshi Doll! Thanks mysterious Santa!

Also included was a two month subscription to GameFly, but I already have an account! Hopefully redeeming it won't screw anything up.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the knitted gas mask is cracking me up. SO AWESOME.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All Coke in the UK is Coke with cane sugar. In fact, I'm drinking some right now!

It's also 1am on Christmas morning here. So, merry Christmas, everyone!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Merry Christmas Willeth, and to all a good night!

Xtarath on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santa,
    I've been watching my university email which is supposed to update me on the arrival of a package. According to it being empty, I haven't gotten one yet. Not that I could get it, being on the other side of the state, just updating you.

Merry Christmas everybody!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been following this thread lately, but I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. This thread has honestly made my holidays brighter and I'm proud to be a part of this community. I consider you all friends and wish you well for the Holidays.

Merry Christmas guys <3

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope to join you all in the gifting next year!

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Never recieved my gift

poisonx on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    My roommate has the mail key, and will not be here until morning. So if you are nervous, Santa, worry not as I haven't checked the mail in a good three days now.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't think my santee's gift has arrived yet, and this makes me very sad. I placed the order in November, dammit! Not ordering from Play-Asia ever again on something that is time limited, I don't think.

Anyways, I'll ship some more stuff express, and he can receive the original gift I got for him whenever it damn well pleases on arriving.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mooshoepork, let me know if you get the package tomorrow (or maybe it is today already there :P). If not, it should hopefully arrive next week. Keep me posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGvEFnZrH4o

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wishing a very Merry Christmas to everyone! Doesn't look like anything's arrived in the mail yet, but I wouldn't be surprised by mail delays given a few comments on here. I await with eager anticipation!

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. It's my birthday today, so I plan to be a lazy bum and possibly have a couple shots of whiskey to toast another semi-successful trip around the sun. Thank god 2009 is almost over.

Also, I see why people in this thread were stoked to receive Masterpiece Skywarp. I got him for Christmas and he is really cool. I already had Masterpiece Optimus Prime, so they can spend some time punching each other in the head.

Norfair on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    poisonx wrote: »
    Never recieved my gift

One will note that the holiday shipping season is hell and that one should not entirely lose hope until the first of the new year.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gifts Ahoy!

Thank you Santa! I've been gifted a bunch of games on Steam and I've been promised something is still on it's way.
    I got
    Machinarium
    cover_1280x800.jpg

Crayon Physics Deluxe
    crayon_shot_02.jpg

Indigo Prophecy
    indogo.jpg

And Torchlight!
    TorchlightC_1024x768.jpg

Thanks again, I've completely missed both puzzle games and they look like great fun.

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mooshoepork, let me know if you get the package tomorrow (or maybe it is today already there :P). If not, it should hopefully arrive next week. Keep me posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGvEFnZrH4o

Hey, it's Saturday here now. No post on Sunday. Hopefully everything gets back in order Monday. I'll let you know.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, what a month. On top of my first REAL trip through Exam Hell (Finals Week), some family stuff decided to happen and it all resulted in my gift being obnoxiously late. But you can put the banhammer down- even if I have to hop on a plane to where you live and hand you the gift as the ball's dropping on the 31st, I will ensure that my Santee gets their gift.

I've gotten mine, and it's awesome. I don't have any pictures because apparently the local computer gremlins have decided to make it impossible for me to upload to Photobucket without fucking up my internet connection.

Anyways, Santee, I wanted to assure you that A) I haven't dropped off the face of the forums and that I haven't forgotten.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    poisonx wrote: »
    Never recieved my gift

One will note that the holiday shipping season is hell and that one should not entirely lose hope until the first of the new year.

Technically it's still Christmas until Jan. 6th, too.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wheezer wrote: »
    Gifts Ahoy!

Thank you Santa! I've been gifted a bunch of games on Steam and I've been promised something is still on it's way.
    I got
    Machinarium
    cover_1280x800.jpg

Crayon Physics Deluxe
    crayon_shot_02.jpg

Indigo Prophecy
    indogo.jpg

And Torchlight!
    TorchlightC_1024x768.jpg

Thanks again, I've completely missed both puzzle games and they look like great fun.

I love the shit out of all of these games, good job, Wheezer's Santa!

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SniperGuy! I sent you a message on Live yesterday, but in case you've not seen it yet, thank you so much for the awesome box o' stuff. There's a bunch of unboxing photos on my girlfriend's camera, but she's not got the cable to transfer the pictures, but they are coming. Thank you again :)

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I'm just coming out of my annual post-Scrabble coma, and wanted to say Merry Christmas! You guys (and this thread) rock my face off.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Merry Christmas my nerd friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing fine :D

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So on the 23rd, I came home from work to find a notice on my door from my apartment complex front office that there was a package waiting in the front office. Not only did it not provide any details over whether or not it was for me or my girlfriend, it also said that they would be closed on the 24th. Wow, front office, way to not let people get presents that they though they were going to get just in time for christmas.

So, this morning I strolled over to the office, and picked it up, and quickly deduced that it must be from my PA secret moses.

What an awesome gift indeed! Included was the soundtrack to Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, plus oh so delicious trader joe's chocolate coated peppermint joe joes (i didn't even know they made this chocolate covered). The included note even indicated that there is a THIRD present on the way!
    20091226101952.jpg

This is such an awesome package, jonathon long from Massachusetts! Will you ever reveal your PA self so I can thank you?

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I've gotten mine, and it's awesome. I don't have any pictures because apparently the local computer gremlins have decided to make it impossible for me to upload to Photobucket without fucking up my internet connection.

I'm glad you liked your gift. The order slipped out of my hands and I couldn't get a not on it.

Handkor on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey, I was wondering if my santa or a proxy could let me know when my gift should be arriving. I received some money from the parents and it'd be nice to take advantage of some of the boxing day sales on amazon, but I don't want to duplicate some gifts.

Asiina on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The brownie pan is a big hit around here, Handkor. I think we've gone through twenty bucks of brownie mix since it showed up.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With all this talk about people not receiving gifts, I started to get a bit worried that my santee had not gotten his yet. It should have arrived by now.

Then I realized there is a postal strike of sorts in Aussie-Land.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I know my mail has become delayed here. One gift for my wife simply didn't show up at work, despite delivery conf saying it was delivered a week before xmas. I was able to find a duplicate locally at the last minute, but sheesh!

Hope everyone had a good holiday; I haven't gotten my secret santa thing yet but since I'm not going anywhere for the holidays I don't mind it it arrives later into January anyway. I was pleasantly surprised to find no gift cards among my gifts!

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Just an update for my Santa. I did receive the package yesterday, as we both thought. However, my camera is scary bad, and all the pictures turned out blurry as all hell. I've taken new pictures of everything with my cell phone, which sadly turned out much more clear, but need to e-mail them over so I can get it all posted. I plan to do so now after work today, though.

Almost a month! Santee, show your offerings so I won't be stricken by the forsty banhammer of holiday justice.

My plan of sending more gifts seems to have backfired. The extra gifts must be occupying his time so much he hasn't been able to post. Or go to work, or spend time with his girlfriend, or friends. Indeed, I may have destroyed this man's life.

Indeed, giving the gift of MMO to coax a post on the forums may not have been the best plan.... But I've enjoyed it, nonetheless! I apologize profusely for having taken so long to post the pictures. I've been dealing with some personal stuff, and gotten dragged into a lot of the holiday planning when I'm not at work, so I have simply been incredibly busy as of late.

Also, to my Santee, I apologize so very much! I ran into some money problems prior to Christmas, and was unable to obtain proper holiday cheer for you before Christmas Day. I am still a bit strapped for cash, but Christmas gifting will be done! My plan is to be getting things together this week, and have everything to you by next. Again, I apologize for having not made the Christmas deadline! I feel so terrible.

As for my gifts, they can be seen below. Unfortunately, the unboxing pictures were taken with my crappy digital camera, so they didn't really come out very well. I took these afterwards with my phone once I realized how terrible my camera was doing.

First off, some super-cool Grindhouse pins

Grindhouse_pins.jpg

Secondly, GUN playing cards. I actually used to have a set of these, from back when I worked at Blockbuster when this came out. I have, however, since moved a few times, and they have gotten lost along the way. Nice that I have some replacements, now!

Gun_cards.jpg

Also in the package of awesome, this collection of horror movies. As I have been busy, I've yet to get to watching this one. It'll have to be on a day my girlfriend's off at work or something, since she doesn't do horror very well. Would you believe me if I told you I've never actually watched Night of the Living Dead in its entirety before?

Horror_movies.jpg

And lastly, but most certainly not least, a fancy new Swiss Gear wallet. I LOVE this thing! It replaced my old bulky tri-fold wallet as soon as I opened the package.

New_wallet.jpg

And here's a picture of the whole haul!

Gift_compliation.jpg

Sorry again, DHSOdium for posting so late! On that subject, here's an example picture to show what he got me as my incentive gift to get me to post pictures of the loot:

lotro-gui.jpg

That's right, and not one, but 2 subscriptions to LOTRO! I had been having a blast with it, when I found any time to do so. Unfortunately, I used the free 10 day trial first, thinking I could get more playtime out of it that way. However, apparently you cannot carry over a free trial character to a subscription account, so my hobbit hunter will have to be remade.

Also, DHSOdium, do you play, and if so, on what server? If I'm going to have to remake him anyway, I might as well do so on a server where I know someone!

Oh, and one last thing. I do tend to be a bit anal about having discs to games so, if you did buy these as CD packaged retail games, I'd love to get the discs from you for them. Just let me know how much the shipping costs would be, and I can paypal it to you to cover it.

Dourin on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Merry Christmas everybody!

I hope it was all good all around, and I hope we don't get any deadbeats this year (those last gifts should arrive soon I hope!)

Icemopper on