As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CEO Type Quarterbacks Inside [NFL Thread]

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    afcn is the BEAST DIVISION

see: joshua fucking cribbs (pay the man)

Clint Eastwood on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    You didn't before? What kind of Packer fan are you?

Were you just hoping someone would not fully qualify their statements today so you could put words in their mouth? Is that the new thing?

butters is the sassy NFL thread man. here to make sassy remarks at the dumb dumbs
    you should know that

dumb dumb

natek on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nah, he's all Big Shit Dog Man On Campus because he's going to win Bale's keeper league. You should have lost last week, Butters.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    got my shot at repeating in the D&D Fear & Loathing after utterly wrecking the number 1 seed's shit. It'll be pretty sweet if i win it all again. My team was doing rather poorly but a 4 game win streak to close out the regular season and key losses by some others with higher point totals than me got me into the playoffs.

woo, fantasy football!

Dynagrip on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Marth wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    nfc north sucks

afc north for life

AFC South Side

Yes, ASS. Maybe the Jaguars get an interesting QB next year, and we have a complete set of them.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i'm excited to be facing geebs in bale's league

satansfingers on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nah, he's all Big Shit Dog Man On Campus because he's going to win Bale's keeper league. You should have lost last week, Butters.

Well as much as I appreciate your reverence, the money league I am hoping to win means just a tad more to me given the $300 purse. :P

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    butters that must be a real nice purse

natek on
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait to show it off to the girls the next night out.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2009
    i'm excited to be facing geebs in bale's league

BRING IT ON

DJ Eebs on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2009
    oh hey nice, either way I finish higher in the standings than last year

DJ Eebs on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Were you just hoping someone would not fully qualify their statements today so you could put words in their mouth? Is that the new thing?

You must be new here.

SeñorAmor on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Excuse me? He has to get through me first. It will be a game as long as Manning plays more then a quarter.

I need to pull a bigger game in my money league though. 250 on the line.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I do like that Butler mentioned Favre didn't really have that "diva" (there's got to be a better word) reputation when he played with him, because all of those mentions of that attitude from Favre really started to creep up around 2003-ish and seemingly just more and more prevalent every year.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait to show it off to the girls the next night out.

Hopefully it's big enough to hide your fat ass.

Snap

Snap

Hunter on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    nfc north sucks

afc north for life

AFC South Side

word

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

You must be new here.

PROTIP: Butters is a fucking retard.

A duck! on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    rofl at tony romo and mvp being in the same breath on espn

Unknown User on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    me too lol

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tony romo is like jesus and ronald reagan rolled into the perfect football player

Clint Eastwood on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

When the play at 4:12 happened I was like

man

man

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    edited December 2009

When the play at 4:12 happened I was like

man

man

marionsad.jpg

Clint Eastwood on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Romo has been playing some really good football the last few weeks, but MVP? Nah.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's gonna be Payton Manning, I think, somewhat overwhelmingly.

Jasconius on
    edited December 2009
    At least Favre won't be rewarded with the MVP

i hope

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    Man, doing franchise mode in Madden, and my 4th round pick running back ended up being an 85 after I signed him. First game, 270 yards 3 TD's, where Ryan Grant would average under 100YPG for me.

But, I did have a massively improved O-line to the tune of 40ish overall points, so.... iunno. It was awesome. All his break-tackle stats are jacked up.

Jasconius on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, doing franchise mode in Madden, and my 4th round pick running back ended up being an 85 after I signed him. First game, 270 yards 3 TD's, where Ryan Grant would average under 100YPG for me.

But, I did have a massively improved O-line to the tune of 40ish overall points, so.... iunno. It was awesome. All his break-tackle stats are jacked up.

I had a guy like that as a 2nd round pick that by his second season was the top rusher, top in yards per carry, and TD's. In his third season, compound fracture in a leg during the pre-season.

I wanted to shoot him to put him out of his misery.

Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    It's gonna be Payton Manning, I think, somewhat overwhelmingly.

I think Brees could edge him out considering Peyton got it last year.

Also, played Sproles in Bogey's league but had him on the bench in my money league. Fucking sucks.

Butters on
    edited December 2009
    It appears that the legal hurdles for a football stadium in LA have been cleared and bids are going to start being made for a team to play there as early as 2010, says La Canfora.

Jasconius on
    edited December 2009
    for the 2010 season? Damn thats an aggressive timeline.

Unknown User on
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Who are the top candidates to move? I know the NFL wants a team in there bad, but with the Raiders, Chargers, and Forty-Niners right there are any teams struggling enough in their local market to justify the move?

Noquar on
    edited December 2009
    Noquar wrote: »
    Who are the top candidates to move? I know the NFL wants a team in there bad, but with the Raiders, Chargers, and Forty-Niners right there are any teams struggling enough in their local market to justify the move?

Vikings and Jaguars.

Vikings basically have the worst stadium in the NFL and struggle to sell out games with long-term consistency, hell they almost had a playoff game blacked out last year. And they've had a lot of trouble trying to get a new stadium built.

Jaguars simply have too big of a stadium, on top of a small fan base, so they almost never sell that thing out anymore. Meaning their games get blacked out and any potential fans watching at home are seeing Bucs and Dolphins games instead.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2009
    The only way I see 2010 happening is if it's the Chargers or Raiders moving there.

Butters on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am pretty sure you don't see any games if your home game is blacked out.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited December 2009
    Zoel wrote: »

Yeah that might be right actually, I forget, it's been a while since I've had to deal with that.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The only way I see 2010 happening is if it's the Chargers or Raiders moving there.

I know the Chargers and San Diego haven't really seen eye to eye on a new stadium, but i'd have to jump if they moved to LA. Ugh.

Noquar on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »

Yeah that might be right actually, I forget, it's been a while since I've had to deal with that.

It's a pretty destructive policy for a teams fan base to be honest. Atlanta doesn't really have enough people who can be swayed to being Falcons fans because for such a long time it was so much easier to watch other teams through various non-cable means than it was to just watch the Falcons. They're all married to other teams, even if they weren't a transplant to begin with.

Yeah man opinions I got them!

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited December 2009
    yeah, Jacksonville isn't exactly the best place for a football team, but they aren't really helping to expand their fanbase by not letting anyone watch the games.

Unknown User on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Chargers are absolutely a canidate to get moved.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    The article said that the Chargers, Viks, and Jags are the top 3 candidates.

Fun times. If the Vikings move that would make for one interesting division realignment.

Vikings to the West, Seahawks to the North?

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.