As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Norfair wrote: »
    we3 is not a christmas book, but it will make you cry big ol' crocodile tears.

Santa, you told me that you had recommended We3 in one of the Secret Santa threads. I think I may have discovered your identity. 8-)

And, yes, I did end up snuffling a bit after reading it. I had to put on some happy music to recover from that one. Easily one of the best things Morrison or Quitely have ever done.

Also, glad to see that the Australian post office finally decided to stop dicking with mooshoepork and let him have his gifts.

Yep, you found me. Keep in mind there *is* another package coming for you, but I really don't know when. I ordered it in late November, it took them more than two weeks to ship it, and it's been in limbo since. Hopefully it arrives sometime soon.

In retrospect, I could have made the search easier on myself since you posted right around the time I got the package. :lol: Thanks for the book and the game, I love the book and Zelda is lots of fun. I've had a lousy week (I'm sicker than a dog) and it was a really nice surprise. I'll keep an eye out for the other package.

Norfair on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    elevature wrote: »
    Gift Get!

I went downstairs this morning to discover a box waiting for me! I returned to my room and procured some help in opening it.
    IMG_0810.jpg
    My attorney is present to ensure I don't encounter any legal troubles, and Hank is around for muscle, in case things get out of hand. Please disregard my horribly messy bookshelf in the background.
    IMG_0811.jpg
    The first thing I see in the box is big and blue and smiling at me! Lionel and Hank dive in to investigate.
    IMG_0813.jpg
    But first, a letter! I am chastised for spending money on myself during the Steam sale, for which I apologize. The deals were too good to pass up! Mr. Hutz informs me that I am under no legal obligation to not buy stuff before christmas, but still, my fault!
    IMG_0814.jpg
    Next up, my very own Merch! He is adorable. It looks hand-made, is that so? That would make it even more fantastic, but I love it either way. But it appears that there's something on the back of it...
    IMG_0816.jpg
    OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
    IMG_0817.jpg
    After Mr. Scorpio deals with that, we move to the rest of the package. First up, a copy of Uncharted! I only got my PS3 just before Christmas, which means Santa must have waited pretty late, but that's a good thing! I have wanted this for a long time, and it was next on my list to buy, but I was planning on holding off for a while while my wallet recovers from Christmas. And now I don't have to wait! Hank is considering extending a job offer to Mr. Drake. There are always openings at Globex Corporation.
    IMG_0818.jpg
    Next, The Living Dead, an anthology of zombie stories! I had been eyeing this at my store for a while, but hadn't picked it up. Santa is good at reading my mind, apparently. Hank says he will be around to battle any zombies that show up, while Mr. Hutz promises to sue anyone that bites me.
    IMG_0819.jpg
    Lastly, a pin, which seems to confirm some of the suspicions I have about my choice of legal counsel.
    IMG_0822.jpg
    The whole haul!

Thank so much to my santa, EvilBadman! This whole thing has been a bright spot in an otherwise extremely shitty Christmas, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Holy shit, it made it before the deadline. I sent it last monday and was told 7-10 business days. I almost bought you a random game on steam today to save my ass from banning. :D

p.s. Not that she's ever posted here (but she is a member), but you can thank kitsunekari (my fiance) for sewing the Merch/Fleshreaper for you.

p.s.s. Now you know why why I corrected your PSN link, I was checking your trophies to see if you had Uncharted yet.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm kind of surprised my santee hasn't received his gift yet... Unless he has it and hasn't mentioned it!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    its all a trap to get you banned

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There are a few people freaking out and/or mentioning how they had a last minute gift to give on the 31st in case they got banned.

I didn't think the deadline was as hard as that.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Acquired Part Deux: This time it's personal!
    2009-12-30164622.jpg

Got a second package yesterday, this one containing an awesome assortment of candies and treats from a far away land, as well as an awesome card from Rook. Thanks a lot! This was already on top of a great cookbook and 1600 MS points.

I just want to say that these gifts and these thread really cheered me up this holiday. I didn't have the best one ever, but coming in here always made me smile. Can't wait till next year!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Still don't have anything yet, but I'm heading out of town until the 5th and I won't be able to check my mail until then. Nobody get too ban-happy if I don't have confirmation on the 1st--as long as something's on the way, I'm fine!

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Happy New Gift!
    A list of mission objectives from..SF_Dhalsim! Olimar must go to a distant planet to investigate a mysterious object. It could be worth a lot of pokos!IMG_0109.jpg
    Olimar spots the object. Never has he seen something so big! His ship's AI is unable to analyze it, but Olimar feels better just by being near this thing. He has called it the Joy Container.IMG_0099.jpg
    What is this? A variety of brownish things in pretty packaging! It looks like the ground, but it's...good to eat? Olimar has made up his mind: he has discovered tasty dirt!IMG_0102.jpg
    Olimar could never quite figure this one out. He'll have to analyze it back at Hocotate. It smells good, however.
    IMG_0100.jpg
    And what are these? Ancient tribal paintings? Could some intelligent life be on this planet? Olimar is skeptical, but knows these objects are of great value.IMG_0101.jpg
    This is...wow! Look how big this is! Olimar knew how valuable such a piece could be, but he was foiled by this stinky giant. Our explorer shall return with plenty of pikmin to bring this beast down and claim his prize.IMG_0103.jpg

You have made my New Year's, Santa <3

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is a big... painted thing! Really big!

All these DS games make me want to bust out my DS and get through my backlog. Of course that'll just make me curse at my DS phat and its dim screens.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fuck I really hope my Santee gets his package soon. I mean, I already gifted him like half of it on Steam, but the other half has some good stuff too. And I haven't gotten any return mail yet either. Hmm.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Fuck I really hope my Santee gets his package soon. I mean, I already gifted him like half of it on Steam, but the other half has some good stuff too. And I haven't gotten any return mail yet either. Hmm.

I was in your spot until just recently, for about 2 weeks. Hold the vigil, my son.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    There are a few people freaking out and/or mentioning how they had a last minute gift to give on the 31st in case they got banned.

I didn't think the deadline was as hard as that.

Well I sent my gift out with other packages for some of my family members and they already got theirs so I'm just waiting on my santee..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santa - your absolutely awesome gift was finally opened - pictures will follow in a few hours, as my girlfriend demands all my attention now (as if her birthday would be that important...)

Random crap was an excellent choice!

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Random crap is always the best choice!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    p.s. Not that she's ever posted here (but she is a member), but you can thank kitsunekari (my fiance) for sewing the Merch/Fleshreaper for you.

p.s.s. Now you know why why I corrected your PSN link, I was checking your trophies to see if you had Uncharted yet.

Tell her it is fantastic and I love it. Thanks, kitsunekari!

When you mentioned my PSN link I thought you might be my santa, since I didn't think anyone else would be clicking on links in my sig, but since I had gotten the PS3 so close to Christmas I figured my gift would have been purchased before that, so I thought you were just curious for some reason. I should have stuck with my initial guess!

elevature on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I even went as far as to ask Doc who my Santa was, because I still have no idea.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT?

GIFT!

A very disgruntled postal worker knocked on my door to hand me this. The box has seen better days.
    d4Wnc.jpg

A cat is mildly interested in the battered box
    382Eg.jpg

A note! If there was actually a zombie psych book in existence then I would be shocked beyond belief.
    XX19X.jpg

First is delicious gummy candy.
    3kJGn.jpg

Followed by vidya games from my wishlist
    NPr1a.jpg

Followed by vidya games not on my wishlist but equally welcome. I look forward to being frustrated at dying.
    6YFr2.jpg

NINJA!
    C6i2S.jpg

The bandages are really awesome and come with a little ninja for protection!

Werewolf Protection mints, which are awesome cause they're actually shaped like bullets.
    H6cNO.jpg

We'll see about harmless!
    HaMt0.jpg

Haha what
    adwz9.jpg

I've never really read graphic novels before, but I read manga. I am definitely open to new things, and really you can't go wrong with zombies.
    AJ0FB.jpg

The entire awesome haul
    vp5zE.jpg

Bonus picture: My cat Alex vanquished by the inflatable toast.
    And by vanquished I mean looking up at me annoyed

Royn1.jpg

Thank you so much arcath.

Awesome, awesome gifts.

Asiina on
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    HaMt0.jpg

It's even in Pyro colours :)

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    About as dangerous as the actual flare gun I would say.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Inflatable... toast?

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheScruple wrote: »
    Inflatable... toast?

non-sequitur of the year imo

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My gift arrived yesterday but I unfortunately did not have time to get everything taken care of. I have today off so without further ado:
    Plushy Cthulu, a Chimera and Clank defend me from the terrors this box might hold. I mean just look at all those eagles.
    box.jpg
    The card commands.
    Card1.jpg
    That's so festive I'm shitting candy canes.
    gifts.jpg
    Candy, my secret weakness.
    candybag.jpg
    Pocky.. I had never eaten these before. But two boxes are already gone, and I don't think the other two will last past this morning.
    pockybag.jpg
    Beef Jerky. The true food of man.
    beefjerky.jpg
    And that giant package was actually a wireless keyboard and mouse in disguise!
    keyboardbag.jpg

Still not sure who my Santa is since the card only had his for reals reals name on it. Thanks stranger.

JAEF on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Another gift has arrived!
    L4kiI.jpg

A mysterious package from Play-Asia! It's clearly had a hard trip. (I covered up my address with a phone book pad because I was too lazy to just blank it out on the PC. Yes, I am a very lazy man sometimes. :P)

Let's see what's inside! Hmm... something odd about this...
    NgNX1.jpg

A Hello Kitty DS Lite case. :lol: The blank stare of Hello Kitty compels you! All hail our Sanrio overlords! Sorry, blacked out there for a second. This made me laugh so hard when I took it out of the envelope.

But wait! There is one more item inside to check out.
    m3Vj5.jpg

It's another DS game! It's Umihara Kawase DS. There's a thread on this that made me curious about the game a few weeks ago:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=106028

It's a sort of physics-y platformer and there are Youtube videos in that thread which will give you a good idea how it plays. I have a huge soft spot for these kinds of physics-y platformers (a la N+) so I was interested in this. Awesome! Can't wait to try it out, and undoubtedly die many times over.

Here's a pic of the complete stash, including the stuff I got the other day:
    f78uI.jpg

Like a lot of other people in this thread, I had a pretty crappy year, and this year's Secret Santa gave me a big boost of needed holiday cheer. Big thanks to my Santa, Dehumanized! You rock.

Norfair on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, at least Priority Mail lives up to its name.

I didn't really know Pocky was that addicting, but then again... I go more for the flavors- chocolate-dipped almond-covered pocky, for example, or even dark chocolate. World Market has a lot of different flavors.

The keyboard and mouse- it's what most gamers in the residence hall use, and they love them because as long as you keep them away from hard impacts with dorm room floors, they're almost impossible to break. (Your floor may vary.)

Anyways, glad you liked the gift, JAEF.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    GIFT?

GIFT!

A very disgruntled postal worker knocked on my door to hand me this. The box has seen better days.
    d4Wnc.jpg

A cat is mildly interested in the battered box
    382Eg.jpg

A note! If there was actually a zombie psych book in existence then I would be shocked beyond belief.
    XX19X.jpg

First is delicious gummy candy.
    3kJGn.jpg

Followed by vidya games from my wishlist
    NPr1a.jpg

Followed by vidya games not on my wishlist but equally welcome. I look forward to being frustrated at dying.
    6YFr2.jpg

NINJA!
    C6i2S.jpg

The bandages are really awesome and come with a little ninja for protection!

Werewolf Protection mints, which are awesome cause they're actually shaped like bullets.
    H6cNO.jpg

HaMt0.jpg

Haha what
    adwz9.jpg

I've never really read graphic novels before, but I read manga. I am definitely open to new things, and really you can't go wrong with zombies.
    AJ0FB.jpg

The entire awesome haul
    vp5zE.jpg

Bonus picture: My cat Alex vanquished by the inflatable toast.
    And by vanquished I mean looking up at me annoyed

Royn1.jpg

Thank you so much arcath.

Awesome, awesome gifts.

Yay, I am glad everything got there. I was getting worried.

As for the toast, I just kinda saw it out of the corner of my eye and it said to me, "I am awesome!"

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I thought that package would never arrive. So relieved it made it to your doorstep safely!

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    GIFT GET III: SET YOUR GIFT LASERS TO GIVE

Zomg a totally unexpected third gift from my heretofore mysterious Santa!
    giftget3a.jpg

Zuh!? I didn't order this ... did Amazon make some kind of awesome mistake?

giftget3b.jpg

It IS for me! Yay!

Thank you Santa Anarchy! Your gift giving prowess is beyond all comprehension!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gift part III: With a Vengeance!

The third part of LewieP's Mummy's gift arrived on Tuesday, was retrieved yesterday, and finally had time to post about it today. Let's see what's in store!
    IMG_3637.jpg
    Another package. It's like Christmas!

IMG_3638.jpg
    Bubble wrap!

IMG_3639.jpg
    After much fun unwrapping them it reveals...

IMG_3640.jpg
    Chocolate biscuits from UK and a Little Big Planet keychain! I'm almost afraid of putting the keychain on my keyring so its now hanging on my wall of posters. Chocolate biscuits will consumed soonish.

Thank you again Ms. P!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha sorta gave it away in the first picture there mate :lol:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I swear to god santee if you don't post pictures soon I'm gonna

continue to patiently sit here and wait for you to post pictures

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »

And the second?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It is almost January 1st, 2010 and I have not yet received my gift, and it is not at the post office as I have called. I don't know what happens from here, but I sent my gift to my santee.

poisonx on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ALRIGHT SANTA BABIES

I AM BACK.

I HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd be real worried if I hadn't sent out my gift.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All I can say is priority mail is not living up to it's family name.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »

And the second?

Oh freaking hell.

fix'd

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, as promised,
    GIFT GET: WHERE I FINALLY POST SOME PICTURES

Disclaimer: All shots done with my IPhone camera, therefore the quality is quite bad.

The package actually already arrived on the 18th of December, alas! I fled the country two days prior. As my girlfriend was unable to get the package without my signature, the waiting game began.
    On the 30th, I could finally pick up the parcel and we already had the first moment of surprise at the post office: That damn thing is huge.

I hurried home and due to not having any pets started digging for a suitable companion. Say hello to Mr. Spider:
    2qas9jt.jpg

Together, we opened the package
    4kuxip.jpg

After the first round of excavation, we encountered encouraging instructions.
    11t5yx1.jpg

And here the full, uncovered loot:
    5khiqt.jpg

What are you seeing? Well, first there is a poster showing the history of Link( on the side you can see a soon to be empty PEZ holiday dispenser package):
    2u89rae.jpg

Then we have an awesome Penny-Arcade print, as well as Mrs. Saturn!
    s1jkol.jpg

This is followed by a One-piece manga/poster combo - I have seen the (apparently butchered) cartoon series a few times, so I am a bit familiar with the setting, but it will make for an interesting read.
    wigip.jpg

Next on the list we have a Twilight Princess poster, accompanied by a CD of my Santa's choice:
    Here's a weird Japanese Indie Rock* CD I really like. I hope you like it too.
    * I guess?

The band in question is Opusquake Akino - never ever heard of them before, I will sure hear them more often now.
    28p8g6.jpg

Last, but definitely not least, a Phantom Hourglass poster also made an appearance
    30krf35.jpg

All in all, wonderful gifts with one problem - the girlfriend does not approve of games related images hanging on walls, specifically the walls of hour apartment. Luckily, my Santa was looking ahead and included sweets bribes in form of chocolate (which came in a pretty box I just realize I did not make any pictures of :( - you can see it as centerpiece in the group shot):
    2rnd2yw.jpg

Dear Santa,
    sorry for making your life so hard by posting so little, but you made all the right choices nevertheless.
    Thank you!

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yay! I'm glad you liked all of it. I meant to write more notes to go along with all of the presents but I was in a huge hurry, so I will write some post-gift notes right now!!
    12gauge wrote: »
    Then we have an awesome Penny-Arcade print, as well as Mrs. Saturn!
    I don't know if you missed the note I stuffed in the bag since you didn't mention it, but I just want to make sure you know that the Mr. Saturn was made by my mom. More specifically, I measured and cut out a pattern using MATHEMATICS (and scissors) and then I got her to do all of the actual work.

As for the print, I figured most of the people where you live probably speak Hollish, right? So, I got one without any text so it can be admired by everyone.

(I just thought one without any dialogue would make a better wall decoration.)
    This is followed by a One-piece manga/poster combo - I have seen the (apparently butchered) cartoon series a few times, so I am a bit familiar with the setting, but it will make for an interesting read.

They really butchered it. Mangled it. Shot it in the leg and pushed it off a cliff. The manga and the original version of the anime are really good. The series gets better and better as it goes on, so if you like the first volume at all, you should hunt down the next ones.
    The band in question is Opusquake Akino - never ever heard of them before, I will sure hear them more often now.

The band is Akino, and the album name is Opusquake. Just so you know, and you don't get them mixed up, there's an unrelated singer in Japan named Akino, too, who is way more popular. It makes searching for this band pretty frustrating. Anyway, make sure to post and tell me what you think of the CD once you've had a chance to listen to it. It's pretty weird. And in several languages. But even if you don't like it you can put it on your shelf and tell people that you own a weird Japanese CD.
    All in all, wonderful gifts with one problem - the girlfriend does not approve of games related images hanging on walls, specifically the walls of hour apartment. Luckily, my Santa was looking ahead and included sweets bribes in form of chocolate (which came in a pretty box I just realize I did not make any pictures of :( - you can see it as centerpiece in the group shot):

:!: This gift was like 90% posters! Tell her I'm sorry.
    Sorry that she's going to have to deal with lots of posters on the wall anyway, that is!

[strike]Merry Christmas[/strike] Happy New Year!

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    2rnd2yw.jpg

3 arms D:

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2rnd2yw.jpg

3 arms D:

This is a known side-effect of eating too many caramel chocolate squares.

mntorankusu on