As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    12gauge wrote: »
    2rnd2yw.jpg

3 arms D:

This is a known side-effect of eating too many caramel chocolate squares.

I need to eat more caramel chocolate squares.

see317 on
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The great thing is, once you have the third arm, you can use it to eat even more chocolate squares.

Then who knows what'll happen

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm confused. Did he eat his arm, or too many chocolates?

urahonky on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    JAEF wrote: »
    My gift arrived yesterday but I unfortunately did not have time to get everything taken care of. I have today off so without further ado:
    Plushy Cthulu, a Chimera and Clank defend me from the terrors this box might hold. I mean just look at all those eagles.
    box.jpg
    The card commands.
    Card1.jpg
    That's so festive I'm shitting candy canes.
    gifts.jpg
    Candy, my secret weakness.
    candybag.jpg
    Pocky.. I had never eaten these before. But two boxes are already gone, and I don't think the other two will last past this morning.
    pockybag.jpg
    Beef Jerky. The true food of man.
    beefjerky.jpg
    And that giant package was actually a wireless keyboard and mouse in disguise!
    keyboardbag.jpg

Still not sure who my Santa is since the card only had his for reals reals name on it. Thanks stranger.

Ah! That keyboard and mouse setup haunts my dreams.

I bought it for my younger brother off Amazon, Amazon decided to send a French version with a mouse that didn't sync. Of course I didn't find this out until Christmas morning, at which point I checked online and they were sold out. Ended up having to get him a different set from Bestbuy, which the postal service didnt bother delivering or giving me any notification of, and then claimed was never sent. Long story short, idiot behind the post office counter was too lazy to even look for it (the woman infront of me in line the second time got told her package wasnt in the system either, and she asked if she could go check behind the counter and came back with a giant box saying FOUND IT. Had to do the same to get mine.)

Those who heard me singing the praises of Canada Post earlier in the thread, please allow me to repeal those remarks.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    GIFT GET III: SET YOUR GIFT LASERS TO GIVE

Zomg a totally unexpected third gift from my heretofore mysterious Santa!
    giftget3a.jpg

Zuh!? I didn't order this ... did Amazon make some kind of awesome mistake?

giftget3b.jpg

It IS for me! Yay!

Thank you Santa Anarchy! Your gift giving prowess is beyond all comprehension!

I hope that final gift makes up for the lack of handmade goodness. I was hoping it would arrive for Xmas but I'm glad it made it ok. The reason I chose that film is because of one of my favorite PA comics (and the only one I own a print off) Brains With Urgent Appointments

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tracking update! It has been processed through the sort facility for the second time! So, it is especially sorted.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is anyone else already excited for next year's secret santa? I'm already thinking about what I could do.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey santee, let me know when you get your gift so I can stop obsessing, thanks.

(as I hit the refresh button again...and again...)

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Is anyone else already excited for next year's secret santa? I'm already thinking about what I could do.

I am. I've never entered so far because its usually too short notice with me being at uni to do something special. But I already have an idea for next year so hopefully I will be ready.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    anoffday wrote: »

Totally! I got a plan for a great craft type gift but I'll have to do some practice runs first.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Everyone start saving for a PS3 to give.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aw man. Hopefully we'll see a price drop in 2010.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Or, you could trade stuff in with Gamestation like Lewie has been doing, and save up - so far we've bought 2 Beatles Rockband basic kits for £40 each from HMV, broken them up and sold them for more than we payed to Gamestation!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    *Not intentionally I should add. I accidentally ended up with two (Ordered online, but not in time for Christmas, then saw in store for the same price, and then it was too late to cancel)

LewieP on
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Oooh man I can use one, my ps3 just broke, and for some reason they won't honor it. I hate wal-mart.

poisonx on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I forgot about this thread for a bit, but it appears my SS still havent got my present. I hope it gets there soon already.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just got home from visiting my family and my gift is being held hostage at the downtown post office. I will start negotiations Monday to get it released.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm excited for next year's SS too, since I had a lot of fun stalking Zoidberg and finding good-but-not-obvious gifts. I haven't gotten my own yet, but we have been having "arctic winds" with gusts up to 50mph for the past two days, so it might have gotten blown into the ocean ;D

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Same here, I'll be getting my package Monday morning. :D

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got counter-gifted by my Santee! :D

Alegis got me Torchlight on Steam, awesome! Can't wait to play some of that :D

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ampix wrote: »
    I got counter-gifted by my Santee! :D

Alegis got me Torchlight on Steam, awesome! Can't wait to play some of that :D

Ha that's very classy, Alegis!

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Doc, might want to check that PM I sent? :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Doc, might want to check that PM I sent? :P

If a Santa wants to remain anonymous then I'm not gonna spoil it!

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For those of you who can't identify their Santas, try checking the return zip code / postal code against the Secret Santa Map.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just finished my Secret Santa book: Tomorrow, When the War Began. It was good stuffs, might just have to buy the rest of the books now!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE HEARTHJAW

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I ended up buying the rest of the books in the Joe Abercrombie series that my Santa sent me. :)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just finished my Secret Santa book: Tomorrow, When the War Began. It was good stuffs, might just have to buy the rest of the books now!

Up until the lime ends, I thought you were saying you just finished writing a book about Secret Santa.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm quite glad Lost bought all three volumes of The Neanderthal Parallax for me, as I have to keep going after reading the first one :)

I am somewhat daunted by the overwhelming book backlog I have after the holidays though, to the point where I find it difficult to start another book. I just look at the stacks, whimper, and kill some more mans in Modern Avoidance 2.

Ketar on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I finally got Act II from The Protomen to follow up the CDs my santa got me.

So much awesome.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I ended up buying the rest of the books in the Joe Abercrombie series that my Santa sent me. :)

That's because ninefingers is a total bad ass!

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know, I think that Santees who posted that they received their gifts in early December and still haven't made a gift post while participating in other parts of the forums quite happily should have their chestnuts roasted on an open fire.

But, that's just my opinion.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LOOK AT ALL THIS AWESOME SHIT DANTREE SENT ME!

A BOX!
    IMG_0855.jpg

A BOOK!
    IMG_0856.jpg

AND SINCE I WAS SO EXCITED I OPENED EVERYTHING AND HERE IT IS ALL TOGETHER!
    IMG_0857.jpg

There is!:
    2 mini bottles of ketchup (last year my santa got me 2 ketchup packets, so this guy stepped it up a notch and got me bottles)
    "Some Dude's" Fry Sauce WHICH I WILL BE USING TONIGHT I HOPE
    Wasabi Peanuts (wtf I gotta try these but I havn't yet)
    Dragon Age: The Calling (YES I LOVED DRAGON AGE AND I WILL BE READING THIS RIGHT AWAY!)
    Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Can't wait to play it)
    a 4GB thumb drive that looks fucking awesome and oh man i've been needing one of these for so long :D

I am sorry for sounding so exicted but this is such an awesome haul of stuff and it makes me happy :P
    Now I am going to go eat some wasabi peanuts and drink the fry sauce (I'm not sure if I will drink it or not but now I want to go buy some fries).

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Got my gift! Have not opened it yet as I am at work but shall do it post-haste when I get home. And post pictures!

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gift freaking get!

It took forever, since Canada Post is bass-ackwards with all this Christmas Jolly, but it finally got here! No pictures yet, as I don't have my Blackberry cable at work, but I am filled with glee at the contents.

Also, SANTA IDENTIFY YOURSELF. There was no forum name enclosed in the package, but I *do* have your snail mail address and will send you a letter in thanks if I have you. (Please save me the postage, also I am lazy and walking 60 steps to the post office is a chore.)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PRESENT GET.

1itu.jpg

There was a Boost bar, but seeing as how I LOVE BOOST BARS I ate it already. The book is awesome. Thanks TeeMan!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got my gift several weeks ago, but due to traveling complications, well ...here are the pictures!
    What's this I found outside my door?
    a.jpg
    Sweet, a box. Stupid tape, need to use a knife ...
    b.jpg
    -Surveillance footage of the opening-
    c.jpg
    Huh? Who's this?
    d.jpg
    Oh! Hiya, Faith. You're that gal that jumps all over the place! That's cool and all, but if you'd be so kind not to jump all ov*JUMP NOISE*
    e.jpg
    f.jpg
    ...my apartment. That'd, uh, be great. Hm.
    g.jpg
    Um, yea. Hey, how about you come down from there*JUMP NOISE*
    h.jpg
    i.jpg
    How did you ...wait, no. You know what? Cut that shit out. You either going to hurt yourself or break something. Life isn't a video game, you know, where people can just jump around and*JUMP NOISE*
    j.jpg
    What the hell! Just because my snowboard is red it doesn't mean your supposed to jump to it. Stop playing around! Fuck it, I hope you*FALL NOISE*
    k.jpg
    ...fall?
    l.jpg
    *SKILLFULLY LAND ON CHAIR NOISE*
    m.jpg
    *CRACK* Oh, shit! You broke open!
    n.jpg
    Oh, no! You need to go to the hospital! Your innards are pouring into my...
    o.jpg
    ...DVD drive ...ewwww
    p.jpg
    Hey, there you are! You're alright! Man, that was awesome! It was almost as if you plann...Oh. I get it. That was planned. Fine, you win. I'll play. You know what? You're a bitch. I hate you.
    q.jpg

..and everything else
    r.jpg
    Thanks, Santa! What a great bunch of games!

Daemonion on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You sent these a while ago, mysterious Santa, so thanks for being patient. I don't open presents until Christmas Day, regardless of when they arrive, and then I was forced to use my sister's camera to do the photos, and she's only just forwarded them on to me.

Nonetheless, ah-hoy-hoy. The photos are large, so no inlining.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9997/img1888j.jpg
    No pets around, so Chris Moose steps up to the plate to take the boxes. These boxes look like they contain goodies, and Chris Moose can't wait to get involved. A single word on the address label of one makes me smile as I realise what has happened...

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7025/img1890a.jpg
    And so, the big reveal - a SFIV action figure, and a plush Chimchar. I'm still undecided on what to do with the figure; part of me is a sucker for anything that says 'limited edition' on it and doesn't want to take it out to play. The other, more childish part of me demands it be freed to let it duel books, the Chimchar, Lego models...

So the SFIV figure makes sense, as a fairly consistent chunk of my posting in the last year was in the SFIV thread shortly after I build my arcade stick. The Chimchar was a result of a post I made after receiving a message from an elf:
    area wrote:
    Santa:

I have received an indication
    That you want more information
    About the kind of things that I might like.
    I don't want the hint to be too big
    But do look closely at my sig
    And you should find a link hosted on my site.

If that hint is not enough,
    I do not want to be too tough
    So contact me again through the elf
    And I'll make some sort of list
    To make sure you get the gist
    Of the sort of things I buy for myself.

The link in my sig was to this. My intention was that you'd discover the rest of my site, which has things like a blog and links to Flickr and Twitter in order to get some stalking in. You went with the Pokémon angle though, which still all good! My first instinct was that the Chimchar had been picked to signal who you were, but no deal - the Pokemon weren't assigned that high. There was nothing supplied with either item to say who you were... so unless you want to remain anonymous, reveal yourself!

area on
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got my gift. Looks like Crazybear got my notsosubtle hints about my interests! (Click pics for large versions)

A note!
    picture069u.th.jpg
    Replace depressed with unemployed and it is perfect!

picture071j.th.jpg
    Sweet! Since I've heard Dragon Age is like this series I've been hankering to read. Unfortunately none of the used bookstores I frequent have had it so what perfect luck I get it now! And I just finished a different book so I can get started on this.
    picture072a.th.jpg
    I can always always use MS funbux. Especially with the billion MW2 map packs bound to come out.
    picture074p.th.jpg

The entire haul!
    picture075z.th.jpg

Thanks Crazybear! I'm starting the book tonight!

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arg the wait for when my santee will receive his gifts is killing me! Damn you postal service go faster...

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I ate lunch at work with my spork for the first time today. It made my Shepherd's Pie that much more delicious. And my coworkers? So jealous of the Awesomosity! Thanks again, Santa!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png