As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Creedence Clearwater [chat]

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    MECHA ZANGIEF TRAILER WON'T LOAD! DAMN YOU WORK CONNECTION!

JustinSane07 on
  • ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The girl has brought me brownies. This one I keep.

What kind of brownies thom, your future relationship depends on the answer.

Basic chocolate. But in her defense, she didn't learn how to cook until recently.

The effort and choice to her abilities is a plus. Get her to start making caramel chocolate and then be fat forever.

Totally agree. I've had two girlfriends so far in my three years of college, neither of whom can cook, and it was always a disappointment.

Well can you cook?

I can make bacon and fried eggs, which, of course, is all a man really needs to be able to cook. But it'd be nice to have my wimmins make me dinner from time to time, though.

The latter girlfriend was actually a vegetarian, anyway, so that rules out pretty much anything delicious.

ProtoMan39 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Basic chocolate. But in her defense, she didn't learn how to cook until recently.

The effort and choice to her abilities is a plus. Get her to start making caramel chocolate and then be fat forever.

Totally agree. I've had two girlfriends so far in my three years of college, neither of whom can cook, and it was always a disappointment.

Well can you cook?

I can make bacon and fried eggs, which, of course, is all a man really needs to be able to cook. But it'd be nice to have my wimmins make me dinner from time to time, though.

The latter girlfriend was actually a vegetarian, anyway, so that rules out pretty much anything delicious.

*twitch*

Arch on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Oh good thanks to that clip I can skip buying ME 2 because they are doing that retarded get items for preordering from a specific store bullshit.

i did not order darksiders and will not buy it because I didn't have the money in time to preorder it. Why is that a big deal? Well, the whole game is about a weird take on the mythos of the Four Riders, and if you preorder you get to wield death's scythe. Didn't pre-order? Well too bad, this ENTIRE WEAPON we designed is unavailable to you.

Welp, sucks then guys cause my first thought on hearing about this game was "A game about the horsemen? can I use death's scythe at some point?"

The answer? "Yes, but only if you pre-order at Ebgames"

fuck that noise. I couldn't afford to preorder, and thus the feature I actually wanted out of this game is COMPLETELY LOCKED to me.

Just like Juggernaut in MUA2. I LOVE Juggernaut!

Ugh, so sick of shit like this. Like in fucking AC2. My fucking DNA tract will never be 100% complete because I didn't buy one of the super special $100 editions.

FUCK YOU.

Okay SF4 for real now.

Get a job hippie :P

nexuscrawler on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yea, I think I have some preorder swag for LOTRO that I got while working at Gamestop because we had extra. It's like a couple of pieces of accessory gear and even though you don't get better gear for a couple of those slots until you're well into the game it's not like it makes an appreciable difference.

Bama on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well can you cook?

You really should learn more then that. And as a proud meat eater, there are plenty of tasty dishes without it.

Thomamelas on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well can you cook?

*twitch*

OH SHHHHHHIT

Sarksus on
    edited January 2010
    Ok, but entire characters/models/game modes being pre-order only is bullshit.

Bama on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hate pre-order bonuses.

That blackhole gun looks like crap, anyway, it was advertised just before the Street Fighter trailer.

Sarksus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well can you cook?

*twitch*

yeah I'm sure there are a variety of delicious fish recipes

Elendil on
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »

thats my fucking point!

an entire weapon, an AWESOME weapon, that is game-appropriate being locked behind whether or not I had the cash at the time to buy the game?

fuck. you.

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

Well can you cook?

*twitch*

yeah I'm sure there are a variety of delicious fish recipes

and elendil saves the day!

Arch on
    edited January 2010

Well can you cook?

*twitch*

Yeah. That was actually the reason I ended up dumping her. I could stand the fact that she was a needy alcoholic that would randomly show up in my room and drink my whiskey until she passed out when I was doing studying with friends (let's fact it, who wouldn't want to return home to a girl so inebriated she has no idea where she is and can't even sit up?). I didn't mind the complete lack of trust on her part. It was the fact that she was a soyfucker.

Edit: Elendil, fish are animals unless you're Catholic (which she isn't)...

ProtoMan39 on
    edited January 2010
    everyone always says that a lot of this content will show up as DLC anyway but it never does

Elendil on
    edited January 2010
    everyone always says that a lot of this content will show up as DLC anyway but it never does

I KNOW

ok through raging at stupid DLC bonuses

for now....

Arch on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yeah. That was actually the reason I ended up dumping her. I could stand the fact that she was a needy alcoholic that would randomly show up in my room and drink my whiskey until she passed out when I was doing studying with friends (let's fact it, who wouldn't want to return home to a girl so inebriated she has no idea where she is and can't even sit up?). I didn't mind the complete lack of trust on her part. It was the fact that she was a soyfucker.

God, I really fucking hope my thought processes weren't like that when I was in college.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    also- soyfucker?

wait shit is protoman just Justinsane trying to fuck with me?

i'm being trolled aren't I?

Arch on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Soymilk turns babies gay.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited January 2010

thats my fucking point!

an entire weapon, an AWESOME weapon, that is game-appropriate being locked behind whether or not I had the cash at the time to buy the game?

fuck. you.
    It does depend on the weapon, though. For example, if pre-ordering LOTRO got you a special "Brave Adventurer Sword" that would be ok. If it was "Andúril, Flame of the West - Reforged from the shards of Narsil," then that would be not-cool.

Bama on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgct_cHZe1I

this is the worst thing I have seen today

What the fuck???

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited January 2010

God, I really fucking hope my thought processes weren't like that when I was in college.

Let's face it, college is meant to be a time for three things. Drinking, drama (including the constant belief your partner is cheating on you), and meat eating. If she refuses to do all three, I can't believe that she's a good person.

ProtoMan39 on
    edited January 2010
    I got a special car for Forza2 for pre-ordering at GameStop. I never used that car though.

JustinSane07 on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »

gaybies

skippydumptruck on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

We don't want you.

I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

I live in Florida.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »

gaybies

fuckin gaybies

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited January 2010

thats my fucking point!

fuck. you.
    It does depend on the weapon, though. For example, if pre-ordering LOTRO got you a special "Brave Adventurer Sword" that would be ok. If it was "Andúril, Flame of the West - Reforged from the shards of Narsil," then that would be not-cool.

yea, I agree. Again, I raise up the Scythe pre-order bonus from Darksiders. It is SWEET, regardless of whether it is good or not, and it has its own fucking animations. Also- Juggernaut.

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    Death's Scythe and Juggernaut are definitely uncool as preorder-only DLC.

Bama on
    edited January 2010
    also- soyfucker?

Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

ProtoMan39 on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    The store specific preorder bonuses boil down to not having an impact on the game though - they're most often cosmetic. And when they do carry different bonuses, it's not like the game does poorly without them.

For instance I got some ring with my digital deluxe pack of Dragon Age - I have no clue where or what it is, it feels totally irrelevant to me.

Yea, but what about shit like the lightning blades in infamous or what I just posted about Darksiders/MUA2?

meh

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited January 2010
    If they were just DLC I would be ok. Hell, I am a small minority that LOVES shit like that. I eat it right up! I will GLADLY fork over five extra dollars for more shit in a game I like. Just let me do it on my own time!

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2010
    The To Catch a Mail Thief thread is going to make me unhappy soon.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    Pre-order bonuses are dumb, but it's not enough to keep me from buying a game.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A person would be reasonable to think that this pre-order content is going to be availble at some point via a code or something. Like when the Naboo fighter was revealed in some Star Wars game I can't remember.

Backstop on
    edited January 2010
    also- soyfucker?

Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

I figured.

I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

i realize he needs no provocation

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now

Elendil on
    edited January 2010
    also- soyfucker?

I figured.

I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

i realize he needs no provocation

Ah. I haven't really been here long enough to get to know people, so I have no real idea who this justin fellow is, outside of a couple of posts from this thread.

ProtoMan39 on
    edited January 2010
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

Juggernaut requires people who didn't download him apply a content patch so they can play with those that did online

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now

I hate it when they do that for the various consoles. I'm still mad at Soul Calibur II.

JustinSane07 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What should I do today?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.