As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Creedence Clearwater [chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

Juggernaut requires people who didn't download him apply a content patch so they can play with those that did online

Wait, so if someone else had him you had to apply a patch if you didn't? That is an impressive level of retarded.

Thomamelas on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »
    also- soyfucker?

wait shit is protoman just Justinsane trying to fuck with me?

i'm being trolled aren't I?

Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

I figured.

I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

i realize he needs no provocation

Ah. I haven't really been here long enough to get to know people, so I have no real idea who this justin fellow is, outside of a couple of posts from this thread.

justin is my frenemy.

also i am a rabid vegetarian and you missed all the hullabaloo I generally raise about it. I am now hypocritical though because I am going to raise and eat my own insect stock

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

Juggernaut requires people who didn't download him apply a content patch so they can play with those that did online

Wait, so if someone else had him you had to apply a patch if you didn't? That is an impressive level of retarded.

more like an impressive level of fuck you

Arch on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgct_cHZe1I

this is the worst thing I have seen today

Clearly, you need to see Over the Top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txUIq2O3wPE

Premier kakos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What should I do today?

Cure cancer. Failing that you should become a failed artist who has become embittered with the world and his rich wife.

Thomamelas on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now
    See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

Bama on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Dhalsim's new ultra is fucking redonkulous.

JustinSane07 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hate pre-order bonuses.

That blackhole gun looks like crap, anyway, it was advertised just before the Street Fighter trailer.

Still. Pre order bonuses are stupid.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »

See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

man i tried that with Hellgate london and got fucking burned.

also got burned by the game itself but oh welllll

Arch on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Birthdays suck.
    Congrats on being one year closer to the blessed relief of death and being a rotting corpse in the ground.
    What if he's gonna be cremated, huh?

Narrow minded.
    I just can't see him going to cremation route. Being a rotting corpse just seems like one last fuck you to the world.
    Man, fuck that. I want a viking funeral on Green Lake. Also, Will Arnett will be there, and as they set my body on fire and push me away from the shore, The Final Countdown will start to play and he'll do magic tricks.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010

Clearly, you need to see Over the Top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqMUPzeIZn4

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    What should I do today?

Cure cancer. Failing that you should become a failed artist who has become embittered with the world and his rich wife.

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Let me work on that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just don't want to preorder for that bullshit because I don't want to support the idiocy behind it. Dragons Age though with their prerelease dlc is king of asshole hill though.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

We don't want you.

I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

I live in Florida.

why doesn't florida want me?

Dunadan019 on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    to be honest I don't really mind something like Dragon Age where they give you free DLC for buying it new or whatever

that is an incentive

but christ make it available at least

Elendil on
    edited January 2010

How'd that happen? It's not like they can come to your house and take away the swag. I'm not aware of any retailer than won't refund the deposit upon cancellation, either.

Bama on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

We don't want you.

I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

I live in Florida.

I don't know, it just felt like the right thing to say at the time.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited January 2010
    That sonic grenade post is stupid and I wish I never read it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    yess Dragon age had it right. Pre-order and we will give you this other stuff people who buy later have to pay for!

I'm like 'ok, that makes it easier to justify buying this game early, because If I like it I will inevitably buy DLC given that I love DLC"

also I almost typed DLC content. which is hella redundant

Arch on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just don't want to preorder for that bullshit because I don't want to support the idiocy behind it. Dragons Age though with their prerelease dlc is king of asshole hill though.

Yes, pre-release DLC is the worst. At least wait a month.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh good thanks to that clip I can skip buying ME 2 because they are doing that retarded get items for preordering from a specific store bullshit.

i did not order darksiders and will not buy it because I didn't have the money in time to preorder it. Why is that a big deal? Well, the whole game is about a weird take on the mythos of the Four Riders, and if you preorder you get to wield death's scythe. Didn't pre-order? Well too bad, this ENTIRE WEAPON we designed is unavailable to you.

Welp, sucks then guys cause my first thought on hearing about this game was "A game about the horsemen? can I use death's scythe at some point?"

The answer? "Yes, but only if you pre-order at Ebgames"

fuck that noise. I couldn't afford to preorder, and thus the feature I actually wanted out of this game is COMPLETELY LOCKED to me.

Just like Juggernaut in MUA2. I LOVE Juggernaut!

Ugh, so sick of shit like this. Like in fucking AC2. My fucking DNA tract will never be 100% complete because I didn't buy one of the super special $100 editions.

FUCK YOU.

Okay SF4 for real now.

Uhhhh. You can get 100% without the pre-order stuff.

Premier kakos on
    edited January 2010
    to be honest I don't really mind something like Dragon Age where they give you free DLC for buying it new or whatever

that is an incentive

but christ make it available at least

I don't mind the get stuff for buying it new (as its a way of combatting the horror that is used copies THE HORROR!) What I hated was the "Oh hey you just bought the game, sweet give us another 7 dollars to get the rest of the content we took out to charge you again".

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2010

How'd that happen? It's not like they can come to your house and take away the swag. I'm not aware of any retailer than won't refund the deposit upon cancellation, either.

It was mainly self-inflicted

pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

and then the game fell through

Arch on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can't you get Juggernaught now by dlc? I have busted out my MUA:2 since beating it for the second time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited January 2010

Neckbeards rigging booby traps is a terrifying idea.

Thomamelas on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    yess Dragon age had it right. Pre-order and we will give you this other stuff people who buy later have to pay for!

I'm like 'ok, that makes it easier to justify buying this game early, because If I like it I will inevitably buy DLC given that I love DLC"

also I almost typed DLC content. which is hella redundant

also the shale DLC was pretty excellent

skippydumptruck on
  • ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

I figured.

I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

i realize he needs no provocation

Ah. I haven't really been here long enough to get to know people, so I have no real idea who this justin fellow is, outside of a couple of posts from this thread.

justin is my frenemy.

also i am a rabid vegetarian and you missed all the hullabaloo I generally raise about it. I am now hypocritical though because I am going to raise and eat my own insect stock

Oh, okay. I'm not actually anti-vegetarian, it's just something to poke fun of. Like being Jewish or black, except you can't blame it on your parents.

Why are you raising insects? Just to try it out, because they have good nutrition value, or what? Seems awfully weird (assuming you're from a typical Western culture, which tends to be a reasonable assumption on these forums).

ProtoMan39 on
    edited January 2010

Yes, pre-release DLC is the worst. At least wait a month.

Yeah give me the illusion you didn't just take content out of the game to charge me for it later.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I pre-released DLCed your mom.

JustinSane07 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What should I do today?

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Let me work on that.

No, cure me!

That will make it up to me for not eating the amazing soup I suggested (of which I am having a variant tonight - it's squash and thyme and Gruyère cheese...nom om om).

BobCesca on
    edited January 2010
    Birthdays suck.
    Congrats on being one year closer to the blessed relief of death and being a rotting corpse in the ground.
    What if he's gonna be cremated, huh?

Narrow minded.
    I just can't see him going to cremation route. Being a rotting corpse just seems like one last fuck you to the world.
    Man, fuck that. I want a viking funeral on Green Lake. Also, Will Arnett will be there, and as they set my body on fire and push me away from the shore, The Final Countdown will start to play and he'll do magic tricks.

Pfft, why don't you do some raping and pillaging before you start on the big boy funerals.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010

pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

Hell gate was such a failure, it took an interesting concept and good game idea and then shit the bed. At least Borderlands was fucking fantastic.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

We don't want you.

I live in Florida.

I don't know, it just felt like the right thing to say at the time.

now I don't even want to go, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Can't you get Juggernaught now by dlc? I have busted out my MUA:2 since beating it for the second time.

you can? sweet may pick it up now

also- T: Protoman: both. I have been interested in it for a long time, and finally just decided to go for it

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    I pre-released DLCed your mom.
    That's rather impressive considering how narrow your pre-release window is.

Bama on
    edited January 2010

Hell gate was such a failure, it took an interesting concept and good game idea and then shit the bed. At least Borderlands was fucking fantastic.

which is why I said I got burned twice

Arch on
    edited January 2010

Neckbeards rigging booby traps is a terrifying idea.

Seriously. That post just reeks of smarmy neckbeard.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010

which is why I said I got burned twice

I got burned on that too. I mean I played it with my wife and we had fun for what was there, but christ so many bad decisions. Its one reason I fear for people who play champions.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that said I preordered the ME2 collector's edition so I am officially part of the problem now

Elendil on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The gym closed at half five. That is le rubbish. I had only got about halfway through my stuff.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.