As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

thwart [chat]

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    you guys should make more videos

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Wait, if he doesn't mean submissive, what does he mean?

Subscriber.

Edit: I am at work Sarks. And goddamn you too!

Sorry force of habit. Don't know why they don't call them customers but we get told not to use the term.

I hate it when jobs do stupid shit like that. I had one where we were supposed to refer to them as "guests," not customers.

Like if a customer overheard you calling them a customer they would get pissed.

We call them clients.

Typically they have people to get annoyed on their behalf. They are generally far more unpleasant to deal with than people who are actually angry themselves.

japan on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Subscriber.

Sorry force of habit. Don't know why they don't call them customers but we get told not to use the term.

I hate it when jobs do stupid shit like that. I had one where we were supposed to refer to them as "guests," not customers.

Part of it is customer can mean things other then our subscribers.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Elki, have you stopped hating dogs? Is this what you're trying to tell us. Did that puppy you were looking after chill you out?

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I'm not a fan of the kissing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I actually would prefer the term customer to "guest." Customer implies that I'm paying you for something, and therefor expect some shit from you.

"Guest" sounds like you're letting me in your store out of the kindness of your heart.

God that shit is stupid.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Subscriber.

Part of it is customer can mean things other then our subscribers.

Well okay, if you had both customers and subscribers and they were different things then this makes more sense.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yes, YES, YES

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man I just noticed I have about 10 movies I own that I have not seen yet, let alone how many dvds I got that I have seen before, but havent even used the dvd yet. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Yes, YES, YES

That kermit outfit looks like it is made from milliput.

I wonder how they got the glossy finish without getting fingerprints in it.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man I just noticed I have about 10 movies I own that I have not seen yet, let alone how many dvds I got that I have seen before, but havent even used the dvd yet. :P

I have this problem with both videogames and movies. It's even worse if you count stuff that is owned by my roommate therefor is in my possession that I still have not played or watched.

Hell I still need to watch District 9 on Blu-Ray. I specifically bought that because I got a PS3 for Christmas and had no Blu-Ray movies.

It's a matter of time. Any time I would have spent watching that movie I have instead spent playing Demon's souls.

But when it comes time for my brother or I to move out, I will have to set aside a few weeks to watch and play everything I possibly can.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mostly Pakistani Will, not so much Indian. At least in my experiance.
    Yeah it struck me as kind of odd because in the US we make basically no distinction between the two. I guess the Indians for whatever reason are a lot more anglophilic though.
    They're pretty much genetically identical, and culturally very, very similar. The only substantial difference is that Indians are Hindu and hate Pakistanis, and Pakistanis are Muslim and hate Indians.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki, have you stopped hating dogs? Is this what you're trying to tell us. Did that puppy you were looking after chill you out?

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I'm not a fan of the kissing.

Well yeah. Sorry, didn't scroll down (or read) that link.

Leitner on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I have this problem with both videogames and movies. It's even worse if you count stuff that is owned by my roommate therefor is in my possession that I still have not played or watched.

Hell I still need to watch District 9 on Blu-Ray. I specifically bought that because I got a PS3 for Christmas and had no Blu-Ray movies.

It's a matter of time. Any time I would have spent watching that movie I have instead spent playing Demon's souls.

But when it comes time for my brother or I to move out, I will have to set aside a few weeks to watch and play everything I possibly can.

Oh man dont get me started on all the video games I got from steam this past month and havent even downloaded yet.

But yeah on blu ray I still have star trek and coraline to watch, never saw them in theatres. District 9 is really good AND very awesome looking on blu ray.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I almost never watch movies that I get on DVD. Even if I liked one I very rarely have the urge to see a film more than once.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yeah it struck me as kind of odd because in the US we make basically no distinction between the two. I guess the Indians for whatever reason are a lot more anglophilic though.
    They're pretty much genetically identical, and culturally very, very similar. The only substantial difference is that Indians are Hindu and hate Pakistanis, and Pakistanis are Muslim and hate Indians.

I got some filthy looks at work when I had a Force India desktop background for a while.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man I got new Star Trek on DVD for Christmas. Didn't get a receipt with it, though. Thinking of seeing where I can trade it in towards the purchase of Blu Ray Star Trek.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    japan wrote: »

I got some filthy looks at work when I had a Force India desktop background for a while.

Do you think it was because that is an Indian team, or is it because F1 is very big on picking one team and hating its rivals?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Do you think it was because that is an Indian team, or is it because F1 is very big on picking one team and hating its rivals?

I'm going to go with it being an Indian team. Muslims tend to be Ferrari fans.

EDIT: Also because Force India are still enough of a minnow that they don't really have rivals in a meaningful sense.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

That's pretty weird.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

That's pretty weird.

Most of Ferrari's funding these days comes from the UAE. That's why their drivers are always wearing hats that have "Mubadala Abu Dhabi" emblazoned on them in interviews, and they built the Ferrari World theme park there.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was talking more about what I guess could be called racial tension.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How can you get an academic scholarship to a university and still consistently say "your" when you mean "you're" ?

It hurts my brain.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ferrari World.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    When you hear "...sticky and thick" on the television, it can go one of two ways.

It just went the bad way.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    How can you get an academic scholarship to a university and still consistently say "your" when you mean "you're" ?

It hurts my brain.

How can doctors spend so long in college and still have shitty handwriting?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was talking more about what I guess could be called racial tension.

It's a bit of both, really. Ethnic Muslims are not keen on India generally, and Ferrari is a big, big deal in the Arab world. So there's a touch of racial tension, and a lot of sporting rivalry.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, thank you for that information, Mr. Japan/

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

It hurts my brain.

How can doctors spend so long in college and still have shitty handwriting?

See, this I don't care about because if I could make out what they had written, I'm sure it would be grammatically correct.

wazilla on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

It hurts my brain.

'lexia.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ferrari World.

Opening this year. World's largest indoor theme park, based at the Yas Marina circuit (which hosted its maiden Grand Prix in 2009) in Abu Dhabi.

The circuit itself is nuts. Higher maximum theoretical top speed than Hockenheim, longest straight in the sport, and the circuit passes through the middle of the Marina hotel.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To do it constantly would be annoying, but it's not that weird to mix up homophones when typing and still know perfectly well what the difference is.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That first episode of Supernatural was pretty good. I think I'll watch another.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I almost never watch movies that I get on DVD. Even if I liked one I very rarely have the urge to see a film more than once.

I usually watch a movie I get at least twice, usually.

Though depends some dvds I watch a lot like the It's Always sunny dvds I got for christmas has already gotten a lot of use. Mainly from me watching them once and then rewatching them with different friends.

I got at least 3 of my friends into the show and my sis somewhat enjoys them too.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh yeah, I readily rewatch TV shows I have on DVD, that's a whole different beast.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tav wrote: »

Wasn't the woman in white actress hot? There are a lot of hot girls in the show. :winky:

I watched the first episode missing a bit of the beginning, and I watched it on a saturday afternoon on the space channel so I thought it was one of those straight to tv movies at first. Then I found out it was a tv show, the second episode was airing later that week and after I saw the second one I knew for sure I was hooked.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Me too. I'm not sure what it is other than probably the fact that they're shorter.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To do it constantly would be annoying, but it's not that weird to mix up homophones when typing and still know perfectly well what the difference is.

I agree. I'm just reading about somebody losing their academic scholarship and counting up the grammatical errors in their complaint. The results are less than shocking.

wazilla on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tav wrote: »

Wasn't the woman in white actress hot? There are a lot of hot girls in the show. :winky:

I watched the first episode missing a bit of the beginning, and I watched it on a saturday afternoon on the space channel so I thought it was one of those straight to tv movies at first. Then I found out it was a tv show, the second episode was airing later that week and after I saw the second one I knew for sure I was hooked.

Girl in college recommended it to me, and the other stuff she's told me to watch has been pretty good too. I'm sure as hell not gonna get any sleep tonight, so I might as well try and blast through the first half of the first season.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ferrari World.

Opening this year. World's largest indoor theme park, based at the Yas Marina circuit (which hosted its maiden Grand Prix in 2009) in Abu Dhabi.

The circuit itself is nuts. Higher maximum theoretical top speed than Hockenheim, longest straight in the sport, and the circuit passes through the middle of the Marina hotel.

Through the hotel? So they race through the lobby?

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.