Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

NBA Jam Returns! Wii version out now! 360/PS3 versions out today.

2456720

Posts

  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Oh shit if this is the art style, awesome. Probably just concept art but would be great to have the real headshots with exaggerated facial expressions.

    Background: Nintendo Power's website always includes a 2-page pdf preview of their magazine. This image was originally in the pdf, then censored, then replaced with a crop of the cover.


    2zp4n7t.jpg

    bwahaha, that is a hilarious picture, even if it is so simple. KG letting himself get owned by kobe.

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's a saying that everyone has so far missed in this thread, and it points to exactly how effin' l33+ I am that I'm the one to remind all y'alls:

    CAN'T BUY A BUCKET!

    elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    There's a saying that everyone has so far missed in this thread, and it points to exactly how effin' l33+ I am that I'm the one to remind all y'alls:

    CAN'T BUY A BUCKET!

    :?

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What? Jealous of my mad skillz?

    I throw bricks like a mason, bitchez.

    elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    NBA Jam as a Wii exclusive = :(

    No.

    Let's not even start this.


    Also changing thread title.

  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    NBA Jam as a Wii exclusive = hesonfire.jpg

    Fixed.

    steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    What? Jealous of my mad skillz?

    I throw bricks like a mason, bitchez.

    No, I'm just amazed that anyone can be that retarded.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sweeeet.

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    this is interesting, you can vote for the players to be in the game: http://nba-jam.easports.com/home.action

    right now it is only clippers, kings, thunder

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Michael Jordan or bust.

    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Obama or bust. Ain't nothing he can do about it anyways and he loves basketball.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    What? Jealous of my mad skillz?

    I throw bricks like a mason, bitchez.

    No, I'm just amazed that anyone can be that retarded.

    So, just being another internet asshole, then.

    Gotcha.

    elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    NBA Jam as a Wii exclusive = :(

    No.

    Let's not even start this.


    Also changing thread title.

    Not nerd raging or anything. Just makes me sad, cause NBA Jam is awesome, and I don't own a Wii.

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll end up buying it, because I'm a sucker for NBA Jam classic, and it's been so long that I can't help it.


    I want Clinton back in the game though.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    From elsewhere

    ed: originally the author said the game was 3v3, he meant 2v2 with 3 players available to choose from on each team.
    So I read through the article in NP, heres what I got:

    - 2 Modes, 1 is called Classic Campaign, plays pretty much identical to previous NBA Jams, 2v2, no rules other than shot clock and goaltending. The other is called Remix Tour, which is different, changing the core mechanics, rule tweaks, and camera tweaks etc. The devs didnt want to go into detail on the Remix Tour mode yet.

    - Theres tons of new dunks, a new spin move that can evade the shove move.

    - The faces are actual photograph captures, each character has multiple faces, 3 faces while running the court, 2 dunk faces, and a positive and negative face. (Looks hilarious. Basically its 3d bodies with 2d heads)

    - Option of motion controls or holding the wiimote sideways. Didnt see any mention of the Classic Controller

    - NP provided a checklist of what is in the game:

    Fire
    Shattering Backboard
    Cheats
    Flashing Shoes
    Flashing ball
    Big Head Mode
    Legends
    Playable Mascots
    Secret Characters

    OTP.jpg
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so i thought it would be fun to come up with a list of who will probably be in the game. I assumed it would be like NBA Jam Tournament edition, which had 3 players per team. My guesses:

    Eastern Conference

    1. Cleveland - Lebron James, Shaq, Mo Williams
    2. Boston - Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett
    3. Orlando - Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis
    4. Atlanta - Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford
    5. Miami - Dwayne Wade, Michael Beasley, Jermaine O'Neal
    6. Toronto - Chris Bosh, Hedo Turkoglu, Andrea Bargnani
    7. Charlotte - Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw
    8. Chicago - Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Brad Miller
    9. Milwaukee - Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd
    10. New York - Al Harrington, David Lee, Danilo Gallinari
    11. Washington - Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Andray Blatche
    12. Detroit - Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rodney Stuckey
    13. Indiana - Danny Granger, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy
    14. Philadelphia - Allen Iverson, Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young
    15. New Jersey - Devin Harris, Brooke Lopez, Courtney Lee

    Western Conference

    1. LA Lakers - Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Derek Fisher
    2. Dallas - Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Josh Howard
    3. San Antonio - Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli
    4. Denver - Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Nene
    5. Phoenix - Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamiere, Channing Frye
    6. Portland - Brandon Roy, Lemarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez
    7. Oklahoma City - Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green
    8. Houston - Yao Ming, Trevor Ariza, Aaron Brooks
    9. Utah - Deron Williams, Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur
    10. New Orleans - Chris Paul, David West, Devin Brown
    11. Memphis - O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph
    12. LA Clippers - Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, Rasual Butler
    13. Sacramento - Tyreke Evans, Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes
    14. Golden State - Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Corey Maggette
    15. Minnesota - Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Kevin Love

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh boy, a re-release of NBA JAM, there's no way this could possibly turn out ba...

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8uomOPUETrY/Sw3IW5e-ziI/AAAAAAAACj4/CobZ-bGxZGU/s1600/1.jpg

    O WAIT RIGHT..

    I will reserve my excitement for now. Seriously... NBA Street has been the closest to getting that arcade TE flavour. I remain very cautiously optimistic.

    :winky:
    louzorz.jpg
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That NP info sounds delicious. :D

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Nalouto wrote: »
    oh boy, a re-release of NBA JAM, there's no way this could possibly turn out ba...

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8uomOPUETrY/Sw3IW5e-ziI/AAAAAAAACj4/CobZ-bGxZGU/s1600/1.jpg

    O WAIT RIGHT..

    I will reserve my excitement for now. Seriously... NBA Street has been the closest to getting that arcade TE flavour. I remain very cautiously optimistic.

    Key words here again:

    Acclaim.

    Acclaim.

  • IceBurnerIceBurner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, this made me smile on an otherwise sad night :)

    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    toxk_02 wrote: »

    Fire -Yes
    Shattering Backboard -HEATING UP
    Cheats -He's On FIRE!
    Flashing Shoes -FROM WAY DOWNTOWN!
    Flashing ball -BOOMSHAKALAKA!
    Big Head Mode -Meh
    Legends -OH MY GOD. BIRD, JORDAN, MAGIC, BARKLEY? OMG.
    Playable Mascots -YES
    Secret Characters -Obama Biden or Bust
    [/QUOTE]

    I went from may rent someday I was really bored to day one, preorder, must buy with this list, as long as actual footage/impressions doesn't suck.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BOOM


    0002cimg16492.th.jpg
    (click for big)


    SHAKALAKA

    OTP.jpg
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    it's just one screenshot, but that looks pretty cool if you ask me

    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait, that's how its gonna look?

    Like magazine cut outs or something? Huh, are there any videos of the game in motion?

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • Hugh JassHugh Jass I'm Squint Eastwood Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Awww, I fuckin hate this shit. They bring back one of my favorite games of all time and they put it exclusively on the fucking wii. Seriously, as if DS: Extraction wasn't bad enough and now this. I hope it sells like shit just like extraction. I wish I could hate them to death!!!

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    Awww, I fuckin hate this shit. They bring back one of my favorite games of all time and they put it exclusively on the fucking wii. Seriously, as if DS: Extraction wasn't bad enough and now this. I hope it sells like shit just like extraction. I wish I could hate them to death!!!

    Oh please, don't start that around here. You must still be hurting that the Wii sold 3.8 mill in December. :P


    Nintendo Power had an awesome several page article on it full of screen shots, and my god does it look wonderful. The photo realistic faces are a riot to see. :lol:

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Wait, that's how its gonna look?

    Like magazine cut outs or something? Huh, are there any videos of the game in motion?

    It's basically 3D with magazine cut out heads.
    Every player in the game has three possible faces for when he's just running around the court, two dunk faces, plus a positive face and a negative face.

    It seems like you shouldn't expect a lot of facial animation .... or really any .... if I'm understanding that correctly.

    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Going by the screenshots in NP, the facial features are easily readable, and quite hilarious.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Looks like a clever way of combining some 3D but still make it look like a 90s arcade game.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Looks like a clever way of combining some 3D but still make it look like a 90s arcade game.

    This is exactly what it reminds me of. With the 2-d cutout faces and 3-d bodies, it makes it look similar and I'm sure feel similar to the original arcade game, but with the new fangled tricks...if that makes any sense.

    Just looking at the game made me remember when I first read about the original NBA Jam in Nintendo Power when it was coming out for the SNES.

    It was a wonderful feeling. :D

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Hugh JassHugh Jass I'm Squint Eastwood Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    Awww, I fuckin hate this shit. They bring back one of my favorite games of all time and they put it exclusively on the fucking wii. Seriously, as if DS: Extraction wasn't bad enough and now this. I hope it sells like shit just like extraction. I wish I could hate them to death!!!

    Oh please, don't start that around here. You must still be hurting that the Wii sold 3.8 mill in December. :P

    You must be an idiot of the highest order or I didn't make my post clear enough. I'm mad at EA for being stupid, not nintendo. I'm not a sony or microsoft employee so I don't give a fuck about Wii sales. A prequel to a game that came out on ps3/360 is made for a system that the original never even appeared on. That makes a ton of fucking sense EA, really. Now bringing NBA Jam to the Wii exclusively? This game screams Live arcade/psn title to me. It pisses me off as a fan of the original and makes no sense financially to make it an exclusive. I can see it bombing just like Extraction.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    Awww, I fuckin hate this shit. They bring back one of my favorite games of all time and they put it exclusively on the fucking wii. Seriously, as if DS: Extraction wasn't bad enough and now this. I hope it sells like shit just like extraction. I wish I could hate them to death!!!

    Oh please, don't start that around here. You must still be hurting that the Wii sold 3.8 mill in December. :P

    You must be an idiot of the highest order or I didn't make my post clear enough. I'm mad at EA for being stupid, not nintendo. I'm not a sony or microsoft employee so I don't give a fuck about Wii sales. A prequel to a game that came out on ps3/360 is made for a system that the original never even appeared on. That makes a ton of fucking sense EA, really. Now bringing NBA Jam to the Wii exclusively? This game screams Live arcade/psn title to me. It pisses me off as a fan of the original and makes no sense financially to make it an exclusive. I can see it bombing just like Extraction.

    #1 - I was just messing with you, thus the :P


    #2 - it's not a prequel to the XBox/PS2 title, it's a sequel to the original Arcade/Genesis/SNES title. So the original actually appeared on a Nintendo platform, not the others....so EA are just fine in what they did. 8-)

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So it makes more sense to release a full retail game with an expensive license for $20 on two smaller downloadable platforms than to release it at $50 on a system that has proven sales on casual pick up and play local multiplayer games.

    Yep.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ESPN is already talking about it before any details came out. It won't bomb. NBA Jam was a fantastic multiplayer game that had appeal to a wide range audience. Perfect for the Wii fanbase. I don't see how you can possibly expect this to sell like a prequel to a game nobody on the system played.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Also a small number of people can actually buy PSN or XBLA titles

    the money is still in disc releases

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I miss the days when a 2-d wasn't considered second teir and relegated to XBLA/PSN/WiiWare. :(

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    I can see it bombing just like Extraction.

    Right, because the gameplay is nothing like the original was, and in fact is in an already oversatured genre on the console, and due to this difference in gameplay its original audience won't want to play it at all, and the entirety of the game will be watchable on youtube like a movie?

    Wait no, that sounds more like an orange than an apple.

    3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Extraction is also fun as shit.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Extraction is also fun as shit.

    There's one of the few things that it will probably have in common.

    3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
Sign In or Register to comment.