As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Army of Two: 40th Day (When is it NOT appropriate to fist pound?)

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    yEah, for some reason movie and game new releases are on Tuesdays for some reason.

For some reason?

Hensler on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For some reason or another.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tomorrow, tomorrow tommmmmoooooorrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwww..........

This game comes out! I cannot wait. Anyone else going to need a disposable drone human to replace their disposable drone AI?

SimpsonsParadox on
  • nonplussednonplussed Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gamefly sent my copy today so, with luck, I'll be getting it tomorrow.

I'd be down for some co-operating.

nonplussed on
    Xbox GT: namplussed
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was not aware that there was so much hype for this game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited January 2010
    I'm guessing this is going to be fueled by word-of-mouth.

I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed the demo a lot more than I thought I would especially after having played through the first. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

nonplussed on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    my main gripe is with controls
    i just hate the way it handles, especially in split screen

Local H Jay on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was not aware that there was so much hype for this game.

There's...not?

UnbreakableVow on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, hardly any print ads and I think I first saw the commercial last week.

Not a very big advertising budget and I'm guessing that they don't expect it to sell well either since I got that $10 off coupon when I preordered.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Especially with a multiplayer mode locked away via Gamestop preorder. Way to gimp your game at release, guys.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2010
    Well, I'll be playing ths in roughly an hour or so.

Anyone wanna man up and be my battle brother?

GT: Nocren v2

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • TheApatheticOneTheApatheticOne Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Will be picking up after work. Was a fan of the first and had way more fun than I should have had with that game. Between couch co-op and pimping out your equipment in gold and diamonds.... I was completely able to overlook most issues that the first one had. Between IGN's and Joystiq's reviews, Im pretty exciting about bro'ing it up and doing some serious fist pounding in this one!

TheApatheticOne on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shit, its out already?

Dear God, it's like Christmas never ended!

manwiththemachinegun on
    edited January 2010
    yeah, and in like a couple of weeks, Mass Effect 2, and then Bioshock 2...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Played the demo of this to see if it's worth getting, and fuck is it awful... I loved the first game, but the guns in this one just seem to make people fall over, it feels so very disconnected and unsatisfying.

The splitscreen is godawful too, which is a massive shame as it was what I loved most about the first... I can put up with a lot if I can play with my friends in the same room. I'm not going to pick this up unless they fix it, it's just unplayable. Whichever fucktard decided to put the two screens side by side should suffer greatly, the field of vision is terrible making enemies almost invisible unless they're firing, and you just cant take in the shape of the battlefield, or locations, or anything. It's like trying to navigate around someone else's house with binoculars taped over your eyes, while unseen pygmies stab at you from behind things.

The top of the screen is the sky, the bottom is the ground. Why the fuck would I want to see more of these things? Nothing important ever happens particularly far above or below you, but it is fucking essential to see people to your sides.

Still, at least there was a demo, otherwise I'd have bought it and regretted it.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Especially with a multiplayer mode locked away via Gamestop preorder. Way to gimp your game at release, guys.

Wait, what?

Ganluan on
    edited January 2010
    Extraction. This game's version of Horde/Firefight. Five waves of enemies then you move on to the next zone as you make your way to da choppa!.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    im waiting to hear word of mouth on this one. i had fun with the first one but i also paid like $12 for the first one, and had expectations set around that mark.

so, you peoples play through and let me know how it is!

Ah_Pook on
    edited January 2010
    From what I understand, this game is even less bro-mantic and therefore, less funny than the first one.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    From what I understand, this game is even less bro-mantic and therefore, less funny than the first one.

Look never let that stop you from broing it up with a bro on xbox live. I'm set to pick this up over the weekend, hopefully there'll be some homps I can saddle with my uncomfortable sexuality.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2010
    but in the demo you could pick up your partner and awkwardly like bear hug them

that right there has me like 60% towards buying this game

Ah_Pook on
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Didn't they mention you can Rock/Paper/Scissors with your partner? I wasn't sure if that was do that at any time or only during specific moments in the game, but it sounded kinda neat.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    edited January 2010
    Marikir wrote: »
    Didn't they mention you can Rock/Paper/Scissors with your partner? I wasn't sure if that was do that at any time or only during specific moments in the game, but it sounded kinda neat.

"We need to rape this guy for info, rock paper scissors?"

"Wait what do I get if I win?"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The next one really needs to be Army of Three and have 3 player co-op. The third player of course playing as 50 cent.

-SPI- on
    edited January 2010
    Army of 6, cause you need all of G Unit.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Army of 6, cause you need all of G Unit.

game of the decade.

multiplayer? bros vs gangstas?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    its sad that i liked blood on the sand more than the demo for this

i mean thats a pretty low bar to miss you know

Ah_Pook on
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's never not appropriate to fist pound.

I want to get this and shoot mans with a trusted brother-from-another-mother. It would also be a good chance to meet up with some PA peeps, at least digitally.

Kazaka on
    edited January 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    its sad that i liked blood on the sand more than the demo for this

i mean thats a pretty low bar to miss you know

Blood on the Sand was suprisingly fantastic. Shooting Foghorn Leghorn?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2010
    fantastic is really stretching it, but it was solid and a fun co-op romp

Ah_Pook on
    edited January 2010
    So, does anyone need a co-op buddy? Just got my copy from GameFly in the mail.

They sure can be awesome when they want to be.

nonplussed on
  • blikbokblikbok Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just got my physical disk. How quaint!

blikbok on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm on the last level right now. It's been a pretty fun game so far. I thought the controls (mainly aiming) were pretty loose on the first game and they're a lot tighter now. The 5th and 6th missions kinda dragged a bit compared to the rest of the game, but I imagine that it'd be a lot more fun to plow through those with a real bro. The gun customization was a lot of fun to mess around with, but only 3 secondary weapons was kinda weak. The custom facemask feature is cool, I'm using a Battle Worn Ironman facemask and it looks better in game than on the editor, which was a pleasant surprise. There are a lot of bro moments in the game, but apparently there's a system that determines how bro the moments are, but I'm not sure how it works. Did a good morals/good bro runthrough, so I guess that has something to do with it.

There are some cool moments in the game.
    Short round is cool for the part of the game he's with you. I haven't seen the bad outcome for him, but the good outcome was awesome.

Apparently Rios had sex with a panda and had Salem get him out of jail. Strange.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • MagitekMagitek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »

Wait, what?

Woo lord, I just read about this.. talk about disgusting business tactics. EA lowers the bar as usual.

Magitek on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Magitek wrote: »
    Ganluan wrote: »

Wait, what?

Woo lord, I just read about this.. talk about disgusting business tactics. EA lowers the bar as usual.

To clarify, the multiplayer mode will be available for everyone in one month (or something like that). The pre-order bonus is that it unlocks earlier. So it's not as bad as it sounds.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I loved playing army of two with my friend

The Black Hunter on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I tried the demo of this game and it felt so much better than the first game. And I really liked the first game, local co-op with a friend was awesome in it. The expanded customization felt so much deeper as well.

But my 360 got a red ring of death last night, and it's out of warranty, so it looks like I won't be getting this for a good while! Whoops!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited January 2010
    Damn honk we were going to bro it up man! It's ok when it comes time I can co-op with you and I'll have some frakenassault rifle that is like an 80's boombox I'll call the "Deadocaster".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, love how damn near ever barrel, stock and fucking magazine is compatible with just about every receiver.

Want an AK with a SCAR stock, G36 barrel, and M4 magazine? We can do that. Hell we'll even throw in your choice of either a soda can silencer or screwdriver bayonette.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm considering buying this game solely to reward them for making a game that's designed to be co-op friendly, as a way of signalling to the market that I would like for them to do more of this.

SammyF on