As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Fit broked! Help me!

2»

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    All a gym membership does is get you motivated for a month or so, and then you wish you weren't locked in for a year because you really don't like going to the gym.*

*Your experience may vary.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's why you get memberships that are by the month.

Just making sure you walk 10000 steps a day will do wonders as well if you live somewhere with nice weather and probably takes as much time as the gym when you factor in getting there and back, but it's free.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Unless that is something new, that's untrue. My brother had to send his launch Wii in some time ago, and although Nintendo was very cool about the warranty and shipping out a refurb before even getting the broken one, they said there was absolutely no way to transfer any data over--including all of your DLC.

They may have changed this though.
    It's impossible if you ask for an advance replacement, which as you said he did (bolded). The only way to keep your stuff is to send in your box and wait for it to be repaired, which has been possible since day one.

Opty on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    Unless that is something new, that's untrue. My brother had to send his launch Wii in some time ago, and although Nintendo was very cool about the warranty and shipping out a refurb before even getting the broken one, they said there was absolutely no way to transfer any data over--including all of your DLC.

It's impossible if you ask for an advance replacement, which as you said he did (bolded). The only way to keep your stuff is to send in your box and wait for it to be repaired, which has been possible since day one.

Everything in this post is spot on. It is well worth the ~2 weeks to keep all your VC licenses and game saves. Always call before you purchase a new system, even if you run over it with a car - I am not kidding.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Opty wrote: »

Yes I'm aware that it would be impossible in that situation, but the reason he requested an advance system is because they told him there is no way to recover any of his data or VC.

I specifically remember the rep's quote, "Well, we can replace that for you, but I really hope you didn't spend too much on the virtual console yet."

This was only months after launch, mind you, so as I said, things likely have changed since.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    johnnythefifthjohnnythefifth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wii fit plus is fun and worth it IMO

johnnythefifth on
    The enemy's gate is always down!
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://kotaku.com/356513/wii-fit-not-actually-intended-to-make-you-fit
    wrote:
    Many of us already suspected that Wii Fit couldn't make us fit, but now you can add Nintendo as a name on that list of skeptics. Because during a recent interview on Nintendo's own site, Miyamoto spilled the beans that, no, Wii Fit is not a recommended replacement to your triathlon training...or even a walk around the block:

"I don't think Wii Fit's purpose is to make you fit; what it's actually aiming to do is make you aware of your body."

He continues:

"That's why we wanted people to talk with their families about Wii Fit, and become aware of these things together as a group. If you're standing still, and it tells you 'Your body is swaying', you can see on the training results screen that your body has been shaking. But I think you'd never realize that your body is shaking in day-to-day life. I think becoming aware of things like this about yourself is quite interesting."

Wow, all of this rationale sounds quite fair, Nintendo. And now we understand why you called the game Wii Become More Aware of Your Body and not something that could have been misconstrued by the public who's just looking for a fun way to lose some weight.

Leitner on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Er. Just for the record as this has kind of been derailed. We didn't get wii fit instead of a gym membership. We got it because it's a fun family activity. We all get together and play and laugh at how ridiculous we look trying to hula-hoop or nearly falling off trying to lean on the snow-board.

Xaviar on