As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the people above me are SO FUCKING LOUD

ronzoronzo Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Social Entropy++
seriously, I have mass effect on so loud that the walls are vibrating slightly, but somehow the douchnozzles who live above me are managing to hit the floor hard enough for the sound to hurt my ears. I've come up with several reasons for this:

-Too goddamn high to stand
-Rough Sex
-Rough Sex thats really domestic violence but both parties are too stupid for words to know that
-fight club
-TOO GODDAMN HIGH TO GIVE A WUT

All i want to do is shoot some krogans with feeling like my ceiling is going to collapse, is that too much to ask

also SE feel free to dogpile/shit all over this thread/me, it will keep entertained until the fuckers stop slamming themselves into the floor

ronzo on

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they're banging so you turn your shit down?

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i am always fucking so loud

Qorzm on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cut the floor out from under them like a bugs bunny cartoon

L|ama on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe by having your tv on so loud that the walls are vibrating slightly you are the douchenozzle to somebody else now.

Get some headphones.

Or talk to whoever is in charge of wherever you are.

edit: do the floor cutting thing

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    get a whore and have a fuck off

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

Should have taken that left at Albuquerque

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fuck your neighbors.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man when I was in middle school I liked O'reilly.

What a dumb kid.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

No, he needs 2 whores if he wants to be louder.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Maybe by having your tv on so loud that the walls are vibrating slightly you are the douchenozzle to somebody else now.

Get some headphones.

Or talk to whoever is in charge of wherever you are.

edit: do the floor cutting thing

hahaha, no. For one, my shit is only peaking that high, and im actually pretty sure they can't hear it over themselves.

Plus, they have pulled this shit the six months, but its only been since the new semester started that they have really kicked it up a notch. They've managed to wake up my roommate who sleep with ear plugs in because they hit the floor so hard the shit sitting against walls started rattling around. her lamp actually fell off her desk, which is retarded because I live on the ground floor so its not like we dont have a solid foundation or anything.

ronzo on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    get a broom and bang it on the ceiling

That would be my first thought

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You live in a dorm or apartment?

Comahawk on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Transcription from a few days ago:

Girl: "please get off"
    Guy:"why baby?
    Girl:"I just want you to get off"
    Guy:"but why baby?"
    Girl"........you smell"
    *insert terrible sex sounds here*

Thats what I woke up to the other day. Of course that part came after them hitting the floor so hard with the sex I actually woke up. Considering I've slept through hurricanes, no easy task

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Marth wrote: »

I've actually been using a heavy cardboard box with a broad end to it. Really fucking loud without damaging the ceiling
    Comahawk wrote:

Apartment right next to a campus. When Tuesday rolls around I'll probably head down to the office because I'm tired of trying to deal with it myself, and since my roommates are somewhat passive aggressive girls (I don't mean that as a slight, they really are girls) they won't do.

To put it in a bit more prospective, they guys have actually managed to piss off the people above them too. The guys on the 3rd floor have tried handling in a less than professional manner but it hasnt helped anything

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ronzo wrote: »

Transcription from a few days ago:

Girl: "please get off"
    Guy:"why baby?
    Girl:"I just want you to get off"
    Guy:"but why baby?"
    Girl"........you smell"
    *insert terrible sex sounds here*

Thats what I woke up to the other day. Of course that part came after them hitting the floor so hard with the sex I actually woke up. Considering I've slept through hurricanes, no easy task

Sleeping through hurricanes is cake.

Look, go upstairs, tell them you can hear them and that whether they're doing something particularly involved or not, they should know it's distractingly loud for the tenants below them.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I've actually been using a heavy cardboard box with a broad end to it. Really fucking loud without damaging the ceiling
    Comahawk wrote:

Apartment right next to a campus. When Tuesday rolls around I'll probably head down to the office because I'm tired of trying to deal with it myself, and since my roommates are somewhat passive aggressive girls (I don't mean that as a slight, they really are girls) they won't do.

To put it in a bit more prospective, they guys have actually managed to piss off the people above them too. The guys on the 3rd floor have tried handling in a less than professional manner but it hasnt helped anything

Building managers get days off? Since when?

Comahawk on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    this is some bullshit, yober

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    DeltaDelta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Play the Benny Hill theme song when they go at it.

Delta on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Babysit their cat for a weekend and get free beer until the day you move out.

My previous upstairs neighbors were kinda odd.

pillow on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Comahawk wrote:

Can you approach them directly and be like "Hey, stop fucking so loud; you're costing me and everyone around you precious sleep, and when I don't get enough sleep I start to lose my ability to fight my urge to murder the fuck out of pricks like you."

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Comahawk wrote: »

Comahawk wrote:

Since the building managers live in gainsville and my apartment is here in sunny orlando. Our lovely office staff keeps awesome Monday-Friday 9-5 hours, so anything short of a very important maintenance problem has to wait until the business week. Oh, they also take holidays. And did I mention they hold any mail bigger than a letter for us in the office to pick up, but only when they are there. Our office staff is nice, but useless most of the time

Going up there will do fuck all because A) they are a bunch of stoners, and not the good, mellow ones who you want to know because they have connections, they are the dumbass kind who smoke out on balconies 10 feet from a road. B) The guys upstairs have tried talking, it got them exactly nowhere

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Comahawk wrote: »

Comahawk wrote:

Since the building managers live in gainsville and my apartment is here in sunny orlando. Our lovely office staff keeps awesome Monday-Friday 9-5 hours, so anything short of a very important maintenance problem has to wait until the business week. Oh, they also take holidays. And did I mention they hold any mail bigger than a letter for us in the office to pick up, but only when they are there. Our office staff is nice, but useless most of the time

Going up there will do fuck all because A) they are a bunch of stoners, and not the good, mellow ones who you want to know because they have connections, they are the dumbass kind who smoke out on balconies 10 feet from a road. B) The guys upstairs have tried talking, it got them exactly nowhere
    Set them on fire and push them off the top of the building. Problem solved.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the obvious thing to do here is to start up a prank war

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    B) The guys upstairs have tried talking, it got them exactly nowhere

You said they handled it less than professionally.

Also, I like how you accuse your roommates of being passive aggressive.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, that was a nice little bit of irony.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tell them to get a really thick rug or two and put the bed on that

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »

hahaha, now that you mention yes coming on here to talk about it does make me seem a bit hypocritical.

I guess what I meant was they won't do anything about it ever. They will just keep saying "next time x happens, or gets worse than y, I'm going to do something!"

and then it never happens

I was actually planning on going up there tomorrow afternoon when perhaps they will actually remember talking to me. Because just going to the management without giving them fair warning just seems like a dick move

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

hahaha, now that you mention yes coming on here to talk about it does make me seem a bit hypocritical.

I guess what I meant was they won't do anything about it ever. They will just keep saying "next time x happens, or gets worse than y, I'm going to do something!"

I was actually planning on going up there tomorrow afternoon when perhaps they will actually remember talking to me. Because just going to the management without giving them fair warning just seems like a dick move
    I am going to renew my suggestion of setting them on fire and pushing them off the roof of your building.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Backpedal 'til the wheels fall off that bike.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    mass effect spoilers, towards end of the game:

I just
    had to let ashley die to save the bomb, and surprisingly i feel slightly bad about it.

oh well, next playthrough i'll do it the other way

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I just
    had to let ashley die to save the bomb, and surprisingly i feel slightly bad about it.

You're doing it wrong, next time
    send Kaidan with the Salarians and have Ashley arm the bomb. The bomb goes off even if you don't go back, so don't sweat it. Losing Ashley is no big thing; girl's a space Nazi and a bitch.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »

Should have taken that left at Albuquerque

the one at 0:40 is one of my earliest memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8TUwHTfOOU

kinda sad

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I am going to renew my suggestion of setting them on fire and pushing them off the roof of your building.

i don't think a 3 story fall will kill them, and its currently raining outside so lighting them on fire isn't going to do much either

good idea though

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I just

You're doing it wrong, next time
    send Kaidan with the Salarians and have Ashley arm the bomb. The bomb goes off even if you don't go back, so don't sweat it. Losing Ashley is no big thing; girl's a space Nazi and a bitch.

like I said, eh

i want to do a playthrough as a female renegade vanguard next, with garrus and wrex for a party

we'll play good cop, bad cop, crazy bitch

ronzo on
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Comahawk wrote:

I used to live in an apartment right next to a Community college that had a 60% asian population. I was with my girlfriend who lived on the second floor and when saturday was around. Oh yeah, my beliefs that international students were all nice and quiet.

Turns out they all congregate in the apartment above ours and have a loud ass parties. I don't know what to do my girlfriend told me to go up there and tell them to shut up. I told her, "Nah. maybe they'll stop"

Next thing she did was punch me in my gut walk out the door take the elevator up and seconds later I heard her telling them in Japanese to basically shut the fuck up.

Man when she came back I felt like the biggest pussy

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    edited January 2010

i don't think a 3 story fall will kill them, and its currently raining outside so lighting them on fire isn't going to do much either

good idea though
    Oil fires burn in the rain.

Also, while they won't immediately die from a 3 story fall, they'll almost certainly die from the injuries sustained from it + being on fire.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    true, true

ronzo on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Try sitting in this bar with assholes yelling and playing Yahtzee.

Free beer is the only thing keeping me here.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    free beer is a good reason

also

i fucking hate yahtzee

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!