As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Regarding your credit card problem with Microsoft. In the future, if you provide written notice that they are no longer authorized to charge your credit card, you are not responsible for further charges. Of course, there are specifics involved, but next time you have a similar issue, call your credit card company first. They'll be able to help you stop any charges immediately.

It should not take two weeks to remove credit card information from an account, especially in the event of theft. That would be like Visa telling you it will take 10 business days to put a hold on your stolen card.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    The service is totally optional, so why again is this a problem? If it seems like such a bad deal for you then don't use it. Problem solved.

Because it's not like Apple is installing a chip into your Ipod that they then track 24/7 for your 50/mo fee. It's a feature you use one time in the unlikely event that your Ipod is stolen. It doesn't cost Apple anything extra to do it, since the functionality is already in the Ipod to begin with.

Charging 50/mo for something like that is ridiculous.

Again, since the service is totally optional I don't see the point in getting so worked up over it. Overpriced? To me most definitely.

The other stories, however, I can understand getting pissed off about.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The service is totally optional, so why again is this a problem? If it seems like such a bad deal for you then don't use it. Problem solved.

Because it's not like Apple is installing a chip into your Ipod that they then track 24/7 for your 50/mo fee. It's a feature you use one time in the unlikely event that your Ipod is stolen. It doesn't cost Apple anything extra to do it, since the functionality is already in the Ipod to begin with.

Again, since the service is totally optional I don't see the point in getting so worked up over it. Overpriced? To me most definitely.

If they have a way of tracking stolen shit then they should be doing this for free for the police!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

If they have a way of tracking stolen shit then they should be doing this for free for the police!

But.. but.. they have to make insane amounts of money somehow...

Mace1370 the point is that they know it was stolen, and they could find it with the press of a button, but instead of helping their customers out, they are hanging a carrot in front of my nose saying, "We know where it is, we know where it is, naner naner." and charging exorbitant fees just for the privilege of a treasure map back to my own property. I honestly think this is something the FTC should look into.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Obstruction of justice!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Mace1370 the point is that they know it was stolen, and they could find it with the press of a button, but instead of helping their customers out, they are hanging a carrot in front of my nose saying, "We know where it is, we know where it is, naner naner." and charging exorbitant fees just for the privilege of a treasure map back to my own property. I honestly think this is something the FTC should look into.

I'm curious, if the monthly fee was smaller, say a buck or two (as opposed to fifty) would you still be annoyed that they where charging to help recover lost or stolen property?
    Don't get me wrong, this is one of the most ludicrous moves I've heard of. I'm kind of amazed that it would be cheaper to just buy a new ipod every 5 months then to be a subscriber to the service. Makes me wonder if they actually do have any takers on it.

I'm also curious as to why this is in our Secret Santa thread, seems like we could be having this discussion elsewhere. But that's neither here nor there.

see317 on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The iPod touch thing is stupid because at 50 bucks a month, in less than 6 months you could just buy a brand new one for the cost of using the service. I can't believe anyone would pay $600 a year so Apple could potentially track down your iPod if it's stolen.

But something does seem a bit screwy -- I can't find any information on this particular service.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is it maybe muddled in with MobileMe?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    see317 wrote: »

I'm curious, if the monthly fee was smaller, say a buck or two (as opposed to fifty) would you still be annoyed that they where charging to help recover lost or stolen property?
    Don't get me wrong, this is one of the most ludicrous moves I've heard of. I'm kind of amazed that it would be cheaper to just buy a new ipod every 5 months then to be a subscriber to the service. Makes me wonder if they actually do have any takers on it.

I'm also curious as to why this is in our Secret Santa thread, seems like we could be having this discussion elsewhere. But that's neither here nor there.

Some crap kinda unfolded in this thread a couple dozen pages back and I just gave an update.
    Willeth wrote: »
    Is it maybe muddled in with MobileMe?
    That is correct, they bundled the feature up with MobileMe.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    let it be noted that its been over a week since Sceptre promised he would post pictures of his presents.
    He has not yet :(

Edit: I a giving him the benefit of the doubt though since I gifted him both X3 games so I just assume he hasnt put them down in the past week :P

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    let it be noted that its been over a week since Sceptre promised he would post pictures of his presents.

Edit: I a giving him the benefit of the doubt though since I gifted him both X3 games so I just assume he hasnt put them down in the past week :P
    My god man you wont see him till secret santa due date in 2011!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On a lighter note, I'll totally take a God of War demo code :) haha

It's good to know you're getting back on track though Spaniard!

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i came home today and found an amazon package on my doorstep. i racked my brain and couldnt remember ordering anything recently. upon opening the mystery package i this found inside

(snip)

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... MORE CHRISTMAS CHEER! THIS TIME ITS PERSONAL!

thanks again peppersinclaire! :)

You're welcome! Other than Die Hard, it is The Best Xmas Movie. Hope you enjoy it!

ive always been partial to Gremlins personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVPUsyrT0s

solid choices, all

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Sceptre seems to be MIA in general. His Santee has not received a gift yet, either.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Still have not posted pictures yet... My camera has been busted but I promise to buy a new one by the weekend!

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Sceptre seems to be MIA in general. His Santee has not received a gift yet, either.

Uh-oh!

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Does his Santee have a PS3, I'll give him a code to download the GoW3 demo if he does?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh snap I have received the third and final box from my santa!

Pictures shall be forthcoming!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Eh, he's still around, logged in today and posted yesterday. All talkin' 'bout Deus Ex instead of posting photos.

EggyToast on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    EggyToast wrote: »

Eh, he's still around, logged in today and posted yesterday. All talkin' 'bout Deus Ex instead of posting photos.

instead of posting photos, replying to PMs and sending gifts.

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

B-b-b-busted!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, I got Auditorium as the second part of my gift. It's a cool game, thanks Santa.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

B-b-b-busted!

P-p-p-poker face!

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    After a harrowing experience with the post office, part 3 of pslong's present to me finally arrived!

20100114175323.jpg

It's the soundtrack and poster to an indie game called aquaria. I've never actually heard of the game before, but I'm digging this cd a lot, and am going to grab the game itself as soon as I can. Thanks for all the awesome stuff! A++++++ would get as santa again!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    After a harrowing experience with the post office, part 3 of pslong's present to me finally arrived!

It's the soundtrack and poster to an indie game called aquaria. I've never actually heard of the game before, but I'm digging this cd a lot, and am going to grab the game itself as soon as I can. Thanks for all the awesome stuff! A++++++ would get as santa again!

Aquaria is totally awesome. It starts off very slowly but then it turns into this awesome metroidvania with a giant explorable world, with great graphics, get it yesterday!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Thank God you liked it all! I was worried that you hadn't posted because I got you super wrong.

The shirt should be fine if you get some greaseproof paper and iron over it just to make sure it's adhered to the fabric. Wash it on a cool wash, and the design will be fine. Ask werehippy how he dealt with his last year if you're still not comfortable with it - the shirts I've got from this place before have shrunk a bit but the design has been fine.

Merry Christmas! :)

Good to know, and no, you weren't wrong in the slightest! Thank you for these incredible gifts, and I hope the holidays treated you as well or even better!

Merry Christmas, and have a happy new year!

I was just catching up on the thread and saw this.

If the shirt you got is from the same place as the one I got from Willeth last year you should be good to go. Mine's been in relatively regular rotation without any special prep or cleaning care and it's held up the last year without the slightest blemish or cracking. Really solid stuff.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ampix wrote: »

Aquaria is totally awesome. It starts off very slowly but then it turns into this awesome metroidvania with a giant explorable world, with great graphics, get it yesterday!

I've actually started to replay through it. It really has a surprising amount of depth to it despite being an indie game. It was released in 2007. You can get it over Steam for cheap I bet. Or at least try out the demo.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    Since the season is well over, no more sticky.

A duck! on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    awwww, how many more gifts are we waiting for?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh boy guys, I'm so sorry I haven't posted pics and what not, totally slipped my mind. My gift is currently in Transit (Has to cross the Atlantic), so it should arrive hopefully later this week. Let it be known that Darkened Wing is *awesome* and that I got a date with a lady friend while wearing his shirt. I'll be back in about 15 minutes to Maek post, must shower first.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Many many thanks to Darkened wing! His gifts are awesome. On top of getting me X3 and X3 Terran Conflict (Two incredibly massive games that are doing an excellent job at consuming my free time), he also sent me two gifts that only the most intimate of stalking could have procured.

For your viewing pleasure, the gifts of Darkened wing! (As shot on my Kodak Zi6):

First off, he got me an incredible Back to the Future T shirt, which means he managed to stumble upon some of my more creative endeavors. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies, so he really hit the nail on the head with this one: (Pics in Spoilers)
    Zi6_9866.jpg
    Zi6_9865.jpg
    That alone was enough to make my christmas, but there was more!

I mentioned somewhere on the forums or what not that I enjoy Scuba Diving, and Darkened Wing managed to procure a very fine piece of literature indeed. A book on "Fifty Places to Dive Before you Die", which features some stunning photography and some great dive suggestions. This all lines up perfectly with a trip to mexico I'm going on next month, I can't wait!
    Zi6_9868.jpg
    Zi6_9871.jpg
    Zi6_9875.jpg

Everything all together:
    Zi6_9872.jpg

Thanks so much Darkened Wing! You made this an awesome christmas!

Sceptre on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You got a date due to a shirt? I'd say the best part of the gift is yet to come :winky:

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys! I just wanted to stop in here and tell you about the gift that keeps on giving:

The other day I'm on Twitter, and guess who got a totally unprompted message from one of the coolest artists ever.

Tweet (and my reaction):
    ohsnap.png

It's pretty much taken me all weekend to get over the awesomeness.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    awwww, how many more gifts are we waiting for?

I think 2 or 3. At least 1 (me!). My interests were probably so weird that my santa decided he'd rather be banned than be on the same forum :(

EggyToast on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guess I'll never know who my santa was. :( You slacker*!

*<3

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kiwi wrote: »
    Hey guys! I just wanted to stop in here and tell you about the gift that keeps on giving:

The other day I'm on Twitter, and guess who got a totally unprompted message from one of the coolest artists ever.

Tweet (and my reaction):
    ohsnap.png

It's pretty much taken me all weekend to get over the awesomeness.

That is awesome! :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My strategy this year I think will be to package all my gifts together - it's always very impressive to see full hauls all at once.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Many many thanks to Darkened wing! His gifts are awesome. On top of getting me X3 and X3 Terran Conflict (Two incredibly massive games that are doing an excellent job at consuming my free time), he also sent me two gifts that only the most intimate of stalking could have procured.

For your viewing pleasure, the gifts of Darkened wing! (As shot on my Kodak Zi6):

First off, he got me an incredible Back to the Future T shirt, which means he managed to stumble upon some of my more creative endeavors. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies, so he really hit the nail on the head with this one: (Pics in Spoilers)
    Zi6_9866.jpg
    Zi6_9865.jpg
    That alone was enough to make my christmas, but there was more!

I mentioned somewhere on the forums or what not that I enjoy Scuba Diving, and Darkened Wing managed to procure a very fine piece of literature indeed. A book on "Fifty Places to Dive Before you Die", which features some stunning photography and some great dive suggestions. This all lines up perfectly with a trip to mexico I'm going on next month, I can't wait!
    Zi6_9868.jpg
    Zi6_9871.jpg
    Zi6_9875.jpg

Everything all together:
    Zi6_9872.jpg

Thanks so much Darkened Wing! You made this an awesome christmas!

Awesome I'm glad you've been having fun with X3 and I hope that the book serves you well for your trip to Mexico next month. You should stop by and do some diving here in Florida and see me :P
    And holy H-scroll rape D:

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I think it's safe to say my Santee is not going to post pics at this late date. (Gift was received on Dec. 8th, it's now Jan. 20th.) I guess I did not get you anything you liked or wanted. Sorry, Santee.

Norfair on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Norfair wrote: »
    So I think it's safe to say my Santee is not going to post pics at this late date. (Gift was received on Dec. 8th, it's now Jan. 20th.) I guess I did not get you anything you liked or wanted. Sorry, Santee.

Don't take it so hard. Life gets in the way, don't make assumptions.

Have you tried PMing her?

Doc Holliday on