As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Masculine [Chat]

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    msmya wrote: »
    I really can't tell if people at work are flirting with me or genuinely nice to me since I'm new. Two guys introduced themselves to me and they told me if I have any questions or need help with something to go ask them.

They're hoping that they can help you unjam your copier.

It's a real sword in the stone style situation they got there.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I have no idea what to do about supper

Elendil wrote: »
    rape babies are not actually people

Sarksus on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    except the sword is their penis and the stone is her vagina and they want to get it in, not out.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's high time we stopped being human beings and start being human dongs

It's high time we stop being human doings and start doing human beings.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

A heaping bowl of Potassium Sorbate, washed down with a warm glass of brown rice syrup. For dessert, dextrose and xanthan gum cakes!

A modern meal for the modern man.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Elendil wrote: »
    rape babies are not actually people

I find this modest proposal reasonable

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

It is high time we stopped being human beings and started Being being human Being beings.

Couscous on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    jesus christ, i wish there was a way to have threads that like, specifically excluded certain people

i know how elitist and terrible an idea that is but when there are people that are basically thread-poison on a subject it would be nice to be able to talk about something without them shitting up the place and making the thread about their bullshit instead

I agree.

That's what mods are for. They may not do the best of jobs at all times, but trolls are systematically weeded out while those with differing opinions are rightly left to continue their arguments.

It's a viable system.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Barack Obama says some Republicans drive trucks. Can you believe that? Trucks.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Couscous wrote: »

It is high time we stopped being human beings and started Being being human Being beings.

:lol:

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    jesus christ, i wish there was a way to have threads that like, specifically excluded certain people

i know how elitist and terrible an idea that is but when there are people that are basically thread-poison on a subject it would be nice to be able to talk about something without them shitting up the place and making the thread about their bullshit instead

I agree.

That's what mods are for. They may not do the best of jobs at all times, but trolls are systematically weeded out while those with differing opinions are rightly left to continue their arguments.

It's a viable system.

It doesn't really work. The threads are filled with too many people saying too many things for a good discussion to thrive. It doesn't help that everyone takes it personally when someone disagrees or they have little education in what they are talking about, either.

Trolls are the least of our worries.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tebow thread turned into a rape thread?

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I only go to clubs where I get in and drink for free. This is mostly an issue of vanity.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Someday I hope to see Poldy make a thread where every other word is Being.

Cinders on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Obama is leaving a legacy with Health care reform.

..The same Legacy Bill Clinton already left. What a copycat.

Ludious on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I agree.

It's a viable system.

It doesn't really work. The threads are filled with too many people saying too many things for a good discussion to thrive. It doesn't help that everyone takes it personally when someone disagrees or they have little education in what they are talking about, either.

The alternative of censorship is much, much worse.

It's the best we can do at this time. I see your point though, many threads are closed for going "off-topic" because there are so many tangents that a discussion can go off to. And a lot of folks need thicker skin, but we could do with a reduction of posts solely intended to push insults rather than good debate.

I'm a fan of allowing anyone to contribute, but they can at least contribute more than barbed comments to a topic.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm hoping for Not Obama '12.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    man is there ever a politician who has squandered such an avalanche of goodwill like obama has

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I agree.

It's a viable system.

The alternative of censorship is much, much worse.

It's the best we can do at this time.

Well of course. There's no way to fix it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    man is there ever a politician who has squandered such an avalanche of goodwill like obama has

Don't all you foreigners still love him?

Cinders on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just put in the thread title [Read OP before posting]

Said OP contains a note about no longer mentioning this thing or temp ban.

Thats the way they do it at GAF, and at the very least, it weeds out people who either dont follow instructions well or are horrible readers.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

:^:

Tav on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Spitzer was similar (although not as bad as Obama). He started off as a fresh face, someone who was going to turn the New York state government around, increase transparency, end "three men in a room" politics... And then he turned out to be a creepy douche bag.

But I guess Hitler, maybe (if you include post mortem)?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

probably george w. bush

though that was all in one big shot of squandering

obama loves to build people up just to let them down

Rust on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Spitzer was similar (although not as bad as Obama). He started off as a fresh face, someone who was going to turn the New York state government around, increase transparency, end "three men in a room" politics... And then he turned out to be a creepy douche bag.

Uhh.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

This typo never ceases to amuse me.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

W, after September 11. Wasn't he over 85% approval for a while there?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

spitzer was a decent guy by all accounts before that incident

the whore thing was bad, but it got blown up because, predictably, he made the wrong people angry and when you do that one misstep is all it takes to ruin you forever

Rust on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Why?

It might not be a typo.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »

Uhh.

All I know is, I talked to some guy today in Albany, and he told me all about how Obama and Hitler are pretty much the same.

He seemed to really like tea for some reason, too. o_O

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    It's Podly that's the the typo, DK.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rust wrote: »

probably george w. bush

Bush used it to START A WAR. If anything, Bush is the goddamn king of manipulating an avalanche of goodwill.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Podly is Poldy is Podly is Bloom.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

probably george w. bush

Bush used it to START A WAR. If anything, Bush is the goddamn king of manipulating an avalanche of goodwill.

he would be the king if he didn't tell the rest of the civilized world to fuck off at the same time

instead, he just manipulated americans

which is about as hard as shooting a paralyzed monkey in the face

Rust on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So at what point is it unreasonable to say "Come on guys, he's only been in office X amount of time"?

1 year is 25% of his term. Does he have to go 50, or 75, for complaints to be reasonable?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

spitzer was a decent guy by all accounts before that incident

the whore thing was bad, but it got blown up because, predictably, he made the wrong people angry and when you do that one misstep is all it takes to ruin you forever

I'm not even talking about that. He just turned into a massive douche when he got into office.

"Listen, I'm a fucking steamroller and I'll roll over you and everybody else."

Now, the Dems certainly shouldn't roll over for the GOP (or vice versa), but there should be at least bipartisanship and civility. He destroyed all potential goodwill and ruined his chances to get anything done politically.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So at what point is it unreasonable to say "Come on guys, he's only been in office X amount of time"?

1 year is 25% of his term. Does he have to go 50, or 75, for complaints to be reasonable?

What's his name only got the hostages back after his term ended. You can't say anything until Obama's term is up.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    msmya wrote: »
    I really can't tell if people at work are flirting with me or genuinely nice to me since I'm new. Two guys introduced themselves to me and they told me if I have any questions or need help with something to go ask them.
    Assuming flirting 100% of the time. Even if you think they arent, you're wrong. They are.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Now, the Dems certainly shouldn't roll over for the GOP (or vice versa), but there should be at least bipartisanship and civility.

no there shouldn't be

fuck bipartisanship forever and ever and ever

Rust on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If I'm talking to you then I'm flirting with you and want to get into your pants.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.