As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should I return my PS2?

Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I just bought my PS2 a little over a month ago, so I should be able to exchange it for a new one. What makes me think that I should is that during the time that I've had it, the thing has locked up twice (once in Guitar Hero 2 and the other time in Psychonauts) and the sound died once (in Psychonauts, though I'm unsure if that is a problem with the disc or the PS2).

I've heard that PS2 can be kind of flaky, so is this enough that I should exchange it?

smugduckling,pc,days.png
Smug Duckling on

• Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would I mean it cant hurt ya know.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've had Guitar Hero lock up two times actually.

But I assume you have a slimline? Who knows what "errors" happen now that it doesn't have DRE's.
    Just go for it - can't hurt.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Returning a console when you're under warranty is never a bad idea really.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ffordefforde Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    For what it's worth I have a fat PS2 and have never had it lock up on me once, on any game. Definitely exchange it.

fforde on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I suppose I should have done my homework before posting. Turns out it's a 30 day exchange policy, though I still have Sony's 1 year warranty. I could try to talk the store into taking it anyway, since I'm only a bit over.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png