As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game-On] WARMACHINE and HORDES Mk II - First VASSAL tournament soon fellow STALKERs!

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Quite.

admanb on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone feel like showing me what's up with Warmachine Mk.2 and vassal tonight? Haven't played since I moved back to Norway 2 years back, and reading this thread makes me want to pick it up again.

I might be around for a small game, but I can't really say yet.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Your books are out of date, yes, and you will need new cards, yes. But one of us can send you both of the MK 2 PDFs that PP released for free if you want the rules and cards to look at before you buy.

General Nemo on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Coolios. If anyone has those PDFs I'd love a copy.

Cynic Jester on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can't wait for FoW: Cygnar. I really want to know more about the new warcaster, the Firefly, and the chance to use the Stormsmith artillery thingy and the Commandos.

In other news, finished cleaning the mold lines off my plastic kit. Next step is to assemble a sweet pose for my Cyclone. Also, PP if you're listening, I humbly request all 'jacks to be made in plastic if possible.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Dino CzarDino Czar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm not saying the Cyclone marshaled to the ATGM is the bestest thing in the entire world, but for scenario play it is pretty much the most awesome. Covering Fire or 2d3 Thunderbolt shots? You mean I can hold or take an area at need?

Yes.

Yes I like that a lot.

Dino Czar on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Got my Cygnar heavy all magnetized today.

Still had to pin the right arm and the boiler since they didn't sit flush with the join, which I find pretty funny.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so with aoe templates, once you have rolled where it hits, anyting under it is considerd a blast outside of the inital hit, do you have to roll to hit them or do they just get hit due to be under the aoe ? NM question answered

So new question, can you boost a charge dmg roll ? since its already boosted by the charge ?

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Dino CzarDino Czar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Since charge attacks provide a boost you cannot boost again. There isn't anything ever that lets you boost twice, but keep an eye out for abilities that provide "an additional die". Those you can boost.

Dino Czar on
    edited January 2010
    Anyone want to play a battle box game tonight, to help me get used to Vassal and Mk.2?

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    I can probably do that, unless someone else is excited to have at it.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Erandus wrote: »

Be gentle.

General Nemo on
    edited January 2010

Be gentle.

I promise, I learned my lesson.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

Sweet. When do you have time?

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    Pretty much whenever. I'm waiting for an electrician to show up and have a look at rewiring my hot tub. After that, I dont have much going on.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Cool, I'll be watching games on vassal while I read up on rules, so just poke me there when you're ready.

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    If anyone else has the time now *coughdraevencough*, you can feel free to grab a game against someone else.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EterenalEterenal Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd be down for a game.

Eterenal on
    edited January 2010
    Well you can throw it in Cynic then. I can watch but I cant get anything started til the electrician has been and gone.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Me and Eternal will try to get a game going now.

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    Anyone had an issue where you don't get scroll bars on the map in Vassal?

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    Make sure the window is maximized, so it's not accidentally in windowed mode but bigger than your monitor will show. Drag a model out on to the playing surface, and then drag it to the edge of what you CAN see of the map, and the map should scroll when the model gets to the end. Try zooming the scale in and out a little and see if that wakes it up.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Hey Otaku, can you change the Vassal warmachine module link to point to this site: http://vassalwmh.ipbfree.com/index.php?showforum=11? The link you have there points to an outdated version.

Eterenal on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, that's what messed me up. Be back on in 5.

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    You could actually link to http://download679.mediafire.com/xjynugzwmtwg/mklgmktonqj/WarmachineHordesModule_3.1.1.vmod

That is a direct link to the download

EDIT: N/M, Eternal's link is better. It goes to where the vmod updates are posted, instead of directly to a certain version.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Yes, but then when they update it again the link will be broken. If you link to where I pointed to it will always have the latest.

Eterenal on
    edited January 2010
    Right, hence my edit.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Durr, my download corrupted.

Trying again.

Edit: Mediafire is being a dick. Hang on.

Cynic Jester on
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is there much background about Magnus(either Traitor or Walord versions), or Ashlynn D'Elyse out there? While I have a good chunk of Menoth, a mercenary force seems like fun. pMagnus is obviously a jack caster, and Ashlynn seems to be a finesse melee caster. Not really sure how the rest of their respective merc armies play...

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
    edited January 2010
    ive very much enjoyed my magnus games so far, his battle box is nice especialy if you like your self some jacks.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    is vassal with MKII rules? because id love to try out skorne sometime after i absorb these rules

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
    edited January 2010
    Yea, the Renegades look pretty spot on. Arc Nodes with a small one shot ICBM. Hit and Run and Kill Box both seem like solid feats, too.

DragonPup on

edited January 2010
    kill box ?

Draeven on

edited January 2010
    yeah, almost everyone is playing MK2 rules on vassal , it doesn't really have the rules, it just has everything you need to play.

Draeven on

edited January 2010
    Draeven wrote: »
    kill box ?

eMagnus' feat. Choose two table edges. Enemy models starting their activation in Magnus' control area can not advance towards those edges for 1 round.

DragonPup on

edited January 2010
    ahhh, yeah i haven't used emagnus...jsut pmagnus

Draeven on

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fixed. The vassal module link now links to the board.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Epic Magnus' feat is called Killbox
    Edit: I am way late

General Nemo on
    edited January 2010
    Good games Eternal and Erandus.
    Deneghra should be so dead. So dead.

Cynic Jester on
    edited January 2010
    She would be if your lancer wasn't a big pussy. :D

Really good game though, I really deserved to have lost it. Crazy rolls at the end.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]