As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bayonetta - Game of the Forever will get Sequel of the Forever. Page 49.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just played the graveyard fight on NSC post-patch, and I swear to God the framerate's been improved.

It also puts load times precisely where I want them: nonexistent. Very, very pleased with this patch.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    When you run down to the area where the others get eaten, you can just shoot him for a while. He'll occasionally move his head close enough to combo it.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Just played the graveyard fight on NSC post-patch, and I swear to God the framerate's been improved.

It also puts load times precisely where I want them: nonexistent. Very, very pleased with this patch.

Patch is out? Aw man, just when I thought I was done with this game, I have to go play it some more :( (that's a good thing!)

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Excellent news (patch)! :)

Too bad I can't play for a couple days because of work...

ringswraith on
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I've been trying to figure out the combo counter.

On the right, there's

(CURRENT COMBO SCORE) X (MULTIPLIER)
    (MOVE) (SCORE)
    (MOVE) (SCORE)
    (MOVE) (SCORE)
    (MOVE) (SCORE)

The total number of points you get for a combo is actually the current combo score x multiplier when the combo ends-- that is, if you JUST get into 9.9 multiplier at the end of the combo, the ENTIRE combo is counted at 9.9. So the ideal way to beat a Verse is to combo the entire thing and make sure to end at 9.9.

How does the main multiplier increase? TA and weaves seem to increase it by 1.0 . Not sure about exactly what else, so someone please shed some light on increasing the main multiplier) though just smacking fools around increases it over time. Getting hit does NOT affect this multiplier.

Then the game shows you each move and the score it brings. However, this score is actually being affected by another invisible multiplier. Each move suffers from diminishing returns from moves in its own "class" (punch, kick, gun, etc-- denoted by different the icons) . To observe this, use the whip's PP*P and extend it for all the hits-- about halfway through the combo, each attack goes from giving 20 pts to giving 1 pt.

This invisible multiplier is reset after landing a wicked weave attack, maybe TA works also. This means that executing the same weave over and over does not result in a lower score. Switching weapons does not seem to reset this multiplier.

In terms of moves themselves, the standout category for combo point boosting are TAs, as they alone can easily get 200 pts without suffering revision. However, they do so much damage that they'll rob you of the ability to keep striking opponents (and building multiplier).

CONCLUSIONS SO FAR:
    - Weaves reset both the main combo multiplier as well as the move score revision-- but you don't want to do them too often against weaker enemies as they'll kill everyone too quickly.
    - Repetition is punished, but only for normals, not for weaves.
    - TAs should be used to milk as many points out of nearly dead enemies as possible. This is interesting, as the choice TAing a healthy enemy for the full damage or TAing a nearly dead enemy for the most points (as you gain score from hittin gthem beforehand) is a cool risk/reward game. Unfortunately, the animations often take so long that I dont' bother.
    - In fights that require lots of dodging, handgun type weapons equipped on feet do very well, as they will automatically work to maintain combo within the dodge offset.
    - Long taunt will delay combo death.
    - Guns will delay combo death.
    - Accessory that makes all enemies trigger will give them more health which means more possible combo points.

If you have something to add, let me know!

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't know about the repetition but the rest I'd figured out.
    Your summary is far, far easier to understand than my rambling info dumps tho.

One thing you should know, angel weapon attacks increase the multiplier by a large amount and don't appear to drop off. You can kill a bunch of people with the dropped fire claws spin attack your multiplier will skyrocket. (Rodin's does not have this big bonus, it's hard to get combo points with Rodin)
    Even something as simple as just picking up the staff and killing a single enemy with it will boost your points by the equivelant of several weaves that would have killed off more than it gets you points. In terms of combo points angels weapons are the shit.

edit: Loading times are much improved and frame rates are more stable with the patch. Also random shit like enemies not spawning immediately in certain situations is gone, they drop down instantly and start kicking your ass so watch it. :P

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    holy hell the patch is awesome and so needed. thank god sony cared enough to make it.

DarkSymphony on
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Congrats for PS3 owners - sounds like the patch at least helps relieve some of the complaints about the port. Nice of Sega to follow-up like that. And in good time, too.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As far as I'm concerned it's fixed everything because I like the ps3 graphics. I watch x360 videos and I'm thinking "man it's like everything has a neon light attached to it, yuck"

Different strokes for different folks.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't seem to find the option to change outfits. Where is it?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the option to change outfits. Where is it?

Chapter start screen, hit RB, select change costume.

YodaTuna on
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Excellent. The patch is up here in England and is downloading to my PS3 as I type.

The fact that it wants a hefty 4.5Gb install isn't a problem. A month ago I would have been hemming and hawing as to what game was going to have to be sacrificed to provide me with enough space. Luckily, Santa was kind enough to bring me a 320Gb Hard Drive to upgrade my PS3 with, so I've now got plenty of space to spare.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay so you guys know that "Easy" and "Very Easy" are only Automatic by default, right? All it does is stick the marionette of knowing how to fight or whatever in your inventory. I just played a level on Easy, and taking off the marionette makes things normal again. Makes it much more fun.

Also now to unlock things and stuff... hmm. What to do first.

Also also: I was smiling the entire end half-hour.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited January 2010
    Okay so you guys know that "Easy" and "Very Easy" are only Automatic by default, right? All it does is stick the marionette of knowing how to fight or whatever in your inventory. I just played a level on Easy, and taking off the marionette makes things normal again. Makes it much more fun.

Also now to unlock things and stuff... hmm. What to do first.

Also also: I was smiling the entire end half-hour.

I'm attempting Alfheims and trying to locate all the heart and moon pieces I missed first time around.

I'm also missing one of Antonio's journal entries... Then farming halos to buy all the stuff I haven't bought yet...

Though I think I'll save the Umbran tears for later.

ringswraith on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ps3 patch just jumped this way up my to buy list

yay!

Ah_Pook on
  • TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Congrats for PS3 owners - sounds like the patch at least helps relieve some of the complaints about the port. Nice of Sega to follow-up like that. And in good time, too.

But, from what I heard, Sega didn't do it. It was Sony who made the patch, which is kinda unheard of (at least to me). I'm glad it was done, and the loading times are fantastic too, but just like RE5, I wish I didn't have to dedicate 5 gigs of an already tight HD for each game I want to have better loading.

That said, I'm still thankful! Better loading times is a lot better than waiting 2 minutes a level.

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I finished it on hard, and surprisingly was not as bad as I thought it would be. It really seems like they went the extra mile to make the beginning of Hard really tough then just made the rest pretty much the same with a couple more Gracious and Glorious thrown in and things doing a bit more damage.

I still can't dodge offset for crap, so I'm afraid to attempt Infinite Climax, but the achievement taunts me...

Adus on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Just stock up on Yellow lollipops and Infinite Climax is cake. Your ratings will suck, but you'll be able to power through it for the achievement and Pillow Talk and then come back to master if when you're ready.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't realize that playing as
    Jeanne

lead to different platinum trophies!

Also the taunts are so much better

unintentional on
    edited January 2010
    Toma wrote: »
    LCDXX wrote: »

But, from what I heard, Sega didn't do it. It was Sony who made the patch, which is kinda unheard of (at least to me). I'm glad it was done, and the loading times are fantastic too, but just like RE5, I wish I didn't have to dedicate 5 gigs of an already tight HD for each game I want to have better loading.

That said, I'm still thankful! Better loading times is a lot better than waiting 2 minutes a level.

This is true. The patch is all Sony's doing - and the load times were really horrendous. I got to the point where I was flipping inputs on my TV to watch some Cooking Network between levels.

Chance on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Watching GTTV right now for the Platinum Games announcement. It seems like some sort of space shooter?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What, really?

The countdown is still 3hrs for me.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SEGA seems to be a pretty dodgy company lately. Well not -lately-. This sort of thing has been going on with them for a while. What happened?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited January 2010
    Okay, new title. Vanquish. Seems sort of like Halo mixed with District 9 and a terrorist version of Deep Impact.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2010
    I dunno. I watched that trailer and just thought "really? A fucking space marine? I don't care that he's wearing all white, he's clearly a space marine!"

Still - it's Shinji Mikami. This guy gave us Resident Evil, God Hand and Resident Evil 4.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Chance on
    edited January 2010
    Did you see the shot of the space Halo?

Just saying. Anyway, is this the thread for this?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2010
    Ack, a shooter? Space shooter?

Interest level... dropping...

Antihippy on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rodin always did want to be a bald space marine...

Edit: Also, beyond the LOL space marine thing, what's the last "space shooter" that I actually played?

I think... Mass Effect? Sort of?

I think it would actually be refreshing and new for me if it were just an FPS with a space marine.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited January 2010
    Still though, I'm willing to give Shinji Mikami a chance.

Antihippy on
    edited January 2010
    I will play any genre these guys make, with no reservations, and an open mind.

Only after playing it fully will I make a judgement.

None of their games so far have been something you can judge on surface appearances except maybe Okami (because it was all surface am I rite ololol seriously tho I love okami).

So judging it on what it appears to look like is pretty silly, given these guys track record.

Morninglord on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »

Excellent. The patch is up here in England and is downloading to my PS3 as I type.

The fact that it wants a hefty 4.5Gb install isn't a problem. A month ago I would have been hemming and hawing as to what game was going to have to be sacrificed to provide me with enough space. Luckily, Santa was kind enough to bring me a 320Gb Hard Drive to upgrade my PS3 with, so I've now got plenty of space to spare.

Do I have to go find the patch in the PSN store? I need to get my sister's PS3 online (the house she's staying in only has a cable modem with no router - wireless or otherwise) and figure out how to grab the patch so that she can play the game without the load times and suchlike.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited January 2010
    Just load up the game while signed in and it should prompt you right away.

Antihippy on
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Just load up the game while signed in and it should prompt you right away.

This, basically. Just hit OK and it'll start downloading. Then, once it's installed and the game has started, there'll be an "install" option in the main menu. Select it, wait for the game files to install and you'll find that the load times will be slashed dramatically once you start playing.

Just bear in mind that it installs 4.5 Gg to the Hard Drive, so make sure you've got the space to spare.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just stock up on Yellow lollipops and Infinite Climax is cake. Your ratings will suck, but you'll be able to power through it for the achievement and Pillow Talk and then come back to master if when you're ready.

How do you get to Infinite Climax mode?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beat hard mode.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    edited January 2010
    Just for future's sake, does game difficulty matter when I start tracking down all the Umbran Tears of Blood?

ringswraith on
  • JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just for future's sake, does game difficulty matter when I start tracking down all the Umbran Tears of Blood?

Yes, there are different locations in Normal, Hard, and Infinite Climax. You need to play through the game on all three difficulties to collect them all.

JONJONAUG on
    edited January 2010
    JONJONAUG wrote: »

Yes, there are different locations in Normal, Hard, and Infinite Climax. You need to play through the game on all three difficulties to collect them all.

Lovely. Now I have the original Pokemon theme song playing in my head.

What do you get for collecting the tears again?

ringswraith on
  • JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    JONJONAUG wrote: »

Lovely. Now I have the original Pokemon theme song playing in my head.

What do you get for collecting the tears again?

You get one item for collecting 50 and one item for collecting all 101 (remember that 50 of these are achievements, so you'll need to unlock every achievement in the game too).

JONJONAUG on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The achievement where you have to Platinum verse 1 and 2 of Ch. 14, I assume that has to be done on normal or harder?

Adus on