As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dwarf cancels mine: Interrupted by Bandwagon (Dwarf Victory)

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Guys.

Guys.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would vote for Rawkking due to his AWESOME avatar.... but I saw him betray his name in my Phalla (gg, btw).

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't vote for me.

Vote for who I voted for.

Which is jdarksun.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyone got a vote count going?

Hippie on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hippie wrote: »
    Anyone got a vote count going?

I was going to until I realized it contained a lot of work.

Maybe I will in a bit. I could use a good spreadsheet.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !KrataLightblade for being the best choice.

!Rawkking Goodguy for trying to order me around.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had a quick question about the expedition leader position.

Say that the expedition leader was a slovenly goblin, and decided not to send in orders for food gathering and alcohol brewing so they could do whatever nasty things goblins do. Would we have starvation then, or would the gatherers be chosen at random?

Savant on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Random.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lonelyahava, because all this Dwarf Fortress trivia means he's either played this game too much, or he's a goblin.

Either way, not exactly leadership material.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also !Zandracon

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I haven't played the game actually.

He speaks some semblance of sense.

But you will notice, Jdark, that I have not asked for their votes.

I have even attempted to dissuade them from voting for me by suspending my campaign (but I did do that late night appearance....)!!!

And yet, the short stumpy peoples are voting! They are having their minds spoken!!! They are excercising their stubby rights!

Who are you to try and dissuade them from doing so.

No, I do not want the adoration of the people, of the dwarves, no I do not want the potential day one death that will come of this.

But I will not turn down the honor if that is what the people, dwarves, desire.

I will not shirk the duties that they have chosen to bestow upon me.

Even though, I humbly did not request them. I will do my best to rise to the occasion and to be the dwarf leader that they think I can be.

Yes. We. Might?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am simply a humble servant of my fellow dwarves.

They have spoken, or are speaking their minds. They feel that a vision not so clouded in fact and stereotypes as yours might be able to lead them to salvation from the goblin invaders.

I do not ask for this, this was not my Father's plan for me as a young dwarf growing up in the Deserts around our Fortress.

This was not my Mothers plan as she held me in her arms, tucked into that empty storeroom with the cows and horses and cats.

But it seems as though I was destined for higher things, at least, so that my apparent followers do see the potential in me.

Please, jdark, join me in this last supper that I will have as a free dwarf. Enjoy this ale, and know that the golden hue flows through my veins as my blood. Please, eat of this bread, dry as the beard upon your face, But still as glorious and filled the Hope of tomorrow.

But know, my friend, that this was never something against you. This was never an enmity between us. This is all self doubt and pity upon myself.

A heavy burden I have been asked to bear, and bare it I shall, as is the wish of our fellow dwarves.

I must be mad thinking I'll be remembered - yes I must be out of my head!

I Look at your blank faces! My name will mean nothing - 10 minutes after I'm dead!

Drink with me, to days gone by and to friends we knew.

I follow the will of the people, as they sing, and the beating of their drums sound like the beating of hearts.

The drums thunder from below... The drums... The drums...

Edit:: tl;dr:: READ IT YOU PUSSIES!!!! 5 point to whoever gets all the references.

one too many references. But if I die tonight, that was SO WORTH IT

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Voting and actions are now closed.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As your expedition leader

I am going to give you the list of those that have been chosen by me to take up the righteous tasks of bringing us the bread and fish and ale.

Fish and Loaves:

Romanqwerty
    TheLawinator
    Dunadan019

Providers of Ale:

Zellpher
    Hippie
    Lemminghead

Should one of these three deny me, as they might before the game comes to a close, and then, then we shall find the goblin within our midst.

Pagans.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But I don't want to fish or bake bread. Make me a wrestler!

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    As your expedition leader

I am going to give you the list of those that have been chosen by me to take up the righteous tasks of bringing us the bread and fish and ale.

Fish and Loaves:

Romanqwerty
    TheLawinator
    Dunadan019

Providers of Ale:

Zellpher
    Hippie
    Lemminghead

Should one of these three deny me, as they might before the game comes to a close, and then, then we shall find the goblin within our midst.

Pagans.

Fish? Fish? FISH?

The carp will get them! Just you watch! You're sending them into death by fish territory!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Night 1

"He's no dwarf! He even claims to be a goblin!" Dogbone33 shouted to the assembled dwarves, and gestured wildly at Kime. "Look, his beard is even patchy, there's no way it's real!" The crowd reacted strongly at that, and then a voice, which no one could later identify, screamed from the back of the crowd.

"He's one of them! Get him!"

Jdarksun walked down the halls, silently fuming that he'd lost the election for expedition leader. Couldn't everyone see he was the best suited for the position? He even had experience with leading settlements. He was so furious, he never even heard the soft sound of bare goblin feet creeping up the tunnel behind him.

He wasn't so preoccupied that he didn't feel the dagger, though.

Shalmelo walked past the the group of dwarves guarding the site with torches. Each one stared outward, expressions as if their faces were carved from stone. Stories were spreading through the settlement like wildfire, but until he saw those expressions he never thought they might be true.

Past the guards Malkor was leaning over the remains. He glanced up at Shalmelo. "We think he heard something and came outside to look. He didn't have any reason to be afraid, the scouts didn't say anything about this. But the wounds don't leave any doubt."

Shalmeo looked down at the body of Rawkking Goodguy, what little was left of it, and felt as if a terrible weight was pressing down upon him. There was no doubt, indeed; the ancient enemy had returned.

Deaths:
    Kime, Dwarf Peasant - Killed by a vengeful mob
    Jdarksun, Dwarf Peasant - Killed by Goblins
    Rawkking Goodguy, Metalsmith - Trampled to death by the elephant

Events:
    LonelyAhava is now the Expedition Leader
    A dwarf has entered a strange mood

Day 2

The Dwarves were woken up early by the scrape of chalk against shale. LonelyAhava was wasting no time luxuriating in her new rank, the work assignments for today were up for all to see.

Food Gathering

Romanqwerty
    TheLawinator
    Dunadan019

Brewing

Zellpher
    Hippie
    Lemming

At breakfast that morning, Typhus733 motioned for everyone's attention.

"I have a suggestion!" he began, and had to stop to dodge a mug flung at him for interrupting morning rum time. "Electing a new expedition leader seems to have worked, but we still have the goblins to deal with. I think we should stick with what works and elect a sheriff to enforce the law!"

The idea was met with widespread approval, and many dwarves signaled their approval by raising their mugs. Some, particularly those who had already had several mugs of morning rum, raised their mugs so violently the the rum flung out onto Typhus.

Today it has been decided to elect a sheriff who will be in charge of enforcing the law and imprisoning those he finds dangerous or suspicious. Each night he may choose to imprison one player, and an imprisoned player is unable to take any action except to vote. Each night that he imprisons a player he may also choose to free any number of players who are currently imprisoned.

Once again, you should also remember to vote for someone you find suspicious

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Damned elephants. Do we have an SK on our hands?

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOooOooOoOOOoo

Umm..hunters...marksdwarves....didn't we bring any marksdwarves!?!?!

FOR SOME REASON THERE IS AN ELEPHANT AT MY FORGE!

Guys...guys?

Mark my words, demonic tusked one.

My death WILL be avenged.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOooOooOoOOOoo

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    All PMs should be out, if you were expecting any please let me know.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, this is obvious. Who would you want to maintain the law other than !TheLawinator?!???!?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alas.

Judas, son of Kime, of the Clan Darksun, it was determined by the Father that your time was at hand. And while we mourn your loss, and we will miss the brilliance of your council, know that you will be forever remembered amongst our people as a wise man.

A wise man with a patient soul.

And a most brilliant beard.

A brilliant beard that was, at times the most magnificent of all beards in the known dwarfdoms. In all of the fortresses.

I remember, upon your head, Judas, Son of Kime, of the Clan Darksun, the days of our misbegotten youth, when we were fishing together, and you brought along your tinctures and dyes from your Mother Rock's supplies.

And you applied them to your beard.

And from that day on, as your beard grew in length and width and brilliance, it bore the colors of that long ago day, so far in the past and yet so close to Our hearts.

You beard, It was red and yellow and green and brown
    And scarlet and black and ochre and peach
    And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
    And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
    And cream and crimson and silver and rose
    And azure and lemon and russet and grey
    And purple and white and pink and orange

And it was, and is, and forever will be in the memories of this Fortress, Brilliant and Technicolor.

Rest in peace, Judas, son of Kime, Clan of the Darksun.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    OOOOOoooOOOOO

:lol: wonderful!

Shouldn't the beard be blue too? I like blue...

OOOOOOooOOOOO

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really people?

I go to all this work of making you nice things and I get no reaction except for from a ghost?

I am disappointed and disheartened.

I am SO DISHEARTENED IN FACT that I shall now go take a wash.

YES A WASH.

All dwarves do this when they are saddened.

Also

!Roman for Sheriff

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elephants!? At least it isn't a zombie elephant. (It isn't a zombie elephant, is it?)

Anyways, we should be a bit careful about who we elect as sheriff, as it seems like a goblin could cause even more trouble with it. And if we have an elephant sheriff, forget about it.

Savant on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I, Romanqwerty would like to be sheriff.

I'm just a lowly dwarf, who believes he has what it takes to clean up this fortress, oh and imprison some goblins too. I have the "Fearless leader"'s support and am now campaigning for votes of the populace.

So vote me, if you want a cool, calm and collected sheriffing it up in here and i guarantee* not to let you down (or out if you're evil).

*Not any actual form of guarantee.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And yes.

I have it on some good authority, that Roman is as he says he is.

And i really do need a shower.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like a really unverified network. Sweet.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Law

You have something better?

Present it to the throne!

we shall consider the options!

But at the moment, the campaign suspension has been lifted!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Make me sheriff because I'm a boss?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are explicitly no seers in this game, so your claims about roman cause a bit of an eyebrow raise from me. If I understand the rules correctly, the goblins can choose whether or not to follow orders on gathering food or booze, so I'm guessing that early on they would likely follow gather orders to not give themselves away. We know that the food and booze was gathered, so no one flagrantly refused to follow orders, but beyond that I'm not sure how much we know based on that.

Also, I'm guessing that it might be possible that the elephant can't follow gathering orders.

Savant on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not in the game (yet, hopefully), but...

Hahahah, you guys moved into Boatmurdered, you're all doomed.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Now might be a good time to mention I was one of the rulers of Boatmurdered.

Bremen on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

Now might be a good time to mention I was one of the rulers of Boatmurdered.

So you were. Congrats on being part of the greatest thing on the internet.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thelawinator is way too eager for some form of authority. I never trust anyone who actively campaigns.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Savant wrote: »
    There are explicitly no seers in this game, so your claims about roman cause a bit of an eyebrow raise from me. If I understand the rules correctly, the goblins can choose whether or not to follow orders on gathering food or booze, so I'm guessing that early on they would likely follow gather orders to not give themselves away. We know that the food and booze was gathered, so no one flagrantly refused to follow orders, but beyond that I'm not sure how much we know based on that.

Also, I'm guessing that it might be possible that the elephant can't follow gathering orders.

I believe that the food gathering apply's for the next day. As in, today we ate the food and drink we brought. Tomorrow night, we'll find out what we gathered today.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    romanqwerty for pres- err, sheriff!

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A challenge!

I present to you all a challenge, a dare if you will.

Now, I have not played Dwarf Fortress personally, but from everything that I know and everything that I have been told about it and everything that I have picked up from osmosis, I know that it can be a very epic game.

EPIC!

And I know that all of this epicness can be derived from the imagination of people like us, people like all of you. People who can look at X's and O's and C's and H's on a screen and not see symbols but see Horses and Cows and a Blonde and a Brunette And....

oooops, wrong thing....

Phalla is also a game in which great epicness can occur. And so I present to you all a challenge. A dare if you will.

I want to see us all up for an award in the PhallAwards for Epic Players.

Roleplay your damned hearts out, people.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay, I'm voting TheLawinator for sheriff because he didn't make mayor and I never know what ahava is talking about.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

how can you not know what I'm talking about, Dus?

I'm asking you guys to actually roleplay.

Is that.....

Foreign?

lonelyahava on