As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT] and Beans

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »

The video is seriously in my top three of all time. You can't watch something that kinetic and free-associative and go back to watching some garage band swanning around a loft covered in canvas tarps.

My only gripe about this song is that the energy builds up and goes nowhere.

I suppose that may have been deliberate.

There's a gigantic special place in my psyche for 80s songs about WW3.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    blurgle

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    I haven't seen Predator 2 in years. I should pop that on the instant queue.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I also like Starstrukk. :( Heck, I bought the album.

I'll leave quietly now.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I also like Starstrukk. :( Heck, I bought the album.

I'll leave quietly now.

D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I am on the verge of tears in shock

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I haven't seen Predator 2 in years. I should pop that on the instant queue.

it's an enjoyable bad movie to have on while you do something else.

Evil Multifarious on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    man there are actually some moments of clarity and cleverness in predator 2

when glover looks into a shop full of stuffed animals that are trophies

i think if you were to make a predator movie that's like a serial killer thriller kind of thing, set in a grimy future human city, with someone trying to track it down and figure out how it thinks, what it wants, etc etc - more effectively and seriously than in this movie - it could be a decent movie on the level of Alien.

Vaguely reminds me of SNATCHER.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Haha you bought the album.

The song is useless without the video!

Sarksus on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010

The video is seriously in my top three of all time. You can't watch something that kinetic and free-associative and go back to watching some garage band swanning around a loft covered in canvas tarps.

My only gripe about this song is that the energy builds up and goes nowhere.

I suppose that may have been deliberate.

There's a gigantic special place in my psyche for 80s songs about WW3.

Oh yeah, the whole thing is the biggest aural blue-ball ever. At any moment it could EXPLODE but never quite does. I don't know how much of that was deliberate but it certainly makes for a trenchant-sounding metaphor about any number of things.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2010
    jacob: <3

Feral on

edited February 2010
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Grah, of course I remember how to beat a spam jumping/SPDing 'Gief after he already destroyed me in the last round of the tournament. Stupid brain!

Inquisitor on
    edited February 2010
    GUYS MASS EFFECT 2

Sarksus on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Haha oops, I accidentally posted this int he Palin thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc

Silas Brown on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WAAAALT

Casual Eddy on
    edited February 2010

<3

You and Bogart are my harbors of musical sanity in a world full of crazy people.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2010
    I was just playing ME2. I was shooting aliens in the head with sniper rifle

it was pretty cash

Casual Eddy on
    edited February 2010

<3

You and Bogart are my harbors of musical sanity in a world full of crazy people.

:?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

i think if you were to make a predator movie that's like a serial killer thriller kind of thing, set in a grimy future human city, with someone trying to track it down and figure out how it thinks, what it wants, etc etc - more effectively and seriously than in this movie - it could be a decent movie on the level of Alien.

don't know it.

i am picturing both profiling/investigation and awesome sequences of hunting each other through urban environments.

it always seemed weird to me that a species as formidable as the Predator would hunt mere humans, and that it would be so interested in hunting appropriately challenging quarry when it has a shoulder mounted auto-locking plasma ray.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited February 2010
    can you shoot aliens in the head with things other than sniper rifles?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    could i maybe. . .major in a language. Does that maek jorbs?

and minor in philosophy? I already have enough credits for the minor as it stands. I think I need maybe one graduate level course.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wish 40k would go back to its utterly ridiculously awesome 80's roots.

Inquisitor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey, I listen to all kinds of music.

Except country.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2010
    oh btw Versus is a terrible fucking movie.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    now Snatcher is a lost classic. unbelievable no one has found it worthwhile to update that shit. or, rather make the original available on any other goddamn platform.

I've never played it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited February 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

I have a big pistol that I can headshot with.

But usually I just use the big ass fucking sniper rifle that tears people to pieces.

Sarksus on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Feminism isn't "pro-woman" it is pro-gender equality.

ah yes

that is exactly the definition i am using when i say pro-woman here, because it's meant as a linguistic counter to 'anti-woman'- that is, the inherent belief that women are lesser than men or are endowed with lesser sovereignty

but pro-woman certainly isn't a particularly smart phrase to use... it's just a reflexive counter to anti-woman

so yes, i think i would argue that very few pro-lifers are feminist

Ok so then what does feminism have to do with abortion?

my contention is that many people who fall into the "don't allow women to abort fetuses" camp hold an innately disrespectful or demeaning attitude towards women

which is decidedly not feminist

but this guy is insisting that pro-life people are generally more 'supportive and respectful' of teh ladies than pro-choice people are

I don't agree with this guy you're arguing with, but how is pro-life rhetoric biased against feminism or women in general?

It has nothing to do with equality, since this is an issue that only effects women. This sounds like ad hom rather than debating the the issue.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
    edited February 2010

<3

In my defense, I know the difference between good music and music I like.

3OH!3 is the musical equivalent of junk food. There's zero nutritional value, but that doesn't stop me from consuming it.

Feral on

edited February 2010

<3

This is not actually a commentary on your offerings as I haven't started listening to them yet. I mean more in general, Feral and Bogart are my fellow old men and we have to hold fast against you Youths.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I wish 40k would go back to its utterly ridiculously awesome 80's roots.

It kind of does this on a semi-regular basis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpUFBVSyWs

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Yes but why would you?

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    now Snatcher is a lost classic. unbelievable no one has found it worthwhile to update that shit. or, rather make the original available on any other goddamn platform.

I've never played it.

Flashback

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

I have a big pistol that I can headshot with.

But usually I just use the big ass fucking sniper rifle that tears people to pieces.

I hate sniper rifles.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2010

I've never played it.

Flashback

I replayed the Genesis version recently. It was still great.

For TOTP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqITH6656w

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2010
    Oh and I know I ran out on job chat but yeah nursing really isn't for me. But the language idea does kinda seem like something that could be done.

i duno if that was super serious or not.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010

don't know it.

i am picturing both profiling/investigation and awesome sequences of hunting each other through urban environments.

it always seemed weird to me that a species as formidable as the Predator would hunt mere humans, and that it would be so interested in hunting appropriately challenging quarry when it has a shoulder mounted auto-locking plasma ray.

SNATCHER was an early 90s Sega CD game. May have been on the PC as well, I dunno.

It was Blade Runner ish. You were investigating murders committed by artificial humanoids. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to go from there to aliens.

Feral on

edited February 2010

don't know it.

That's a really good point. Maybe the Predators that come here are the really lazy Republican ones who just came out for a quick photo-op.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2010
    man oh man

Casual Eddy on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

I've never played it.

Flashback

that one I don't know.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.