Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Somewhere, Someday

celandinecelandine Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Singularity Engine++
Under the influence of a good friend, I've decided that when I want to do something, I'll actually do it. It would be a shame to say, "Oh, I wish I had ...X" when you're old.

So, trusty forumites, what do you want to do before you die, and when do you plan to do it?

My own top ten:
1. Learn American history (already starting, with Eric Foner and so on.)
2. Learn Latin (I’ll start when I get my first acceptance letter of some kind and the stress eases.)
3. Learn Talmud (Starts Monday!!!)
4. Camp outside (how the hell will this EVER happen?)
5. Spend time volunteering for real (possibly this summer.)
6. Learn to shoot a gun. (Gotta wait till I meet a gunny person or make money.)
7. Climb a mountain. (see #4.)
8. Go to Gettysburg or Lexington & Concord. (see #4.)
9. Become a good amateur powerlifter. (Will take a couple years but I’m doing the right things.)
10. Go to Burning Man. (I really don’t know what I could contribute since I’m not an artist; this is the dreamiest of the dreams.)

celandine on
I write about math here:
http://numberblog.wordpress.com/