As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 Winter Olympics

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The fact that Colbert is likely to be at every meet is the reason to watch the speed skating competition.

Bloods End on
  • edited February 2010
    tfs, mully and bombardier, the canada pavilion is an abomination. do what must be done

seriously it's a temporary, prefabricated canvas structure that was built in the US and cost $10,000,000.

VANOC can take a flying leap. They have been mishandling this since the beginning.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    tfs, mully and bombardier, the canada pavilion is an abomination. do what must be done

seriously it's a temporary, prefabricated canvas structure that was built in the US and cost $10,000,000.

VANOC can take a flying leap. They have been mishandling this since the beginning.
    I just had a look for it to find a picture and couldn't find any.

Saying that ten mill sounds pretty cheap for something that is going to hold a few thousand people!

Blake T on
  • edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Saying that ten mill sounds pretty cheap for something that is going to hold a few thousand people!

The canada pavilion is not going to hold a few thousand people, I don't think.

28388_m15.jpg

the shell is 9.something million and the inside is 1.1mill.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wow that sure looks

uh

unimpressive

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow.

I thought it was a stadium or something.

That sure is a piece of crap.

On the upside they can take it down afterwards easily and use the land for something practical.

Blake T on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wow that is terrible

L|ama on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A Tim Horton's, you mean?
    sorry, sorry, I love you Canada and your loons

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

The canada pavilion is not going to hold a few thousand people, I don't think.

28388_m15.jpg

the shell is 9.something million and the inside is 1.1mill.

On the one hand it sucks that you guys got scammed. On the other, we got ten million dollars and some easy jobs out of it.

MKR on
  • edited February 2010
    Heritage Ministry spokeswoman Dierdra McCracken said that while everyone is entitled to their opinion, the ministry is confident visitors will "be satisfied."

"We think it looks quite nice," she said. "There will be lighting effects the public hasn't seen. We want them to wait before forming their opinions."

ffffffffffffffffff

t MKR yeah fu

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010
    Now I just feel sad for them being so deluded

L|ama on
    edited February 2010
    Heritage Ministry spokeswoman Dierdra McCracken said that while everyone is entitled to their opinion, the ministry is confident visitors will "be satisfied."

"We think it looks quite nice," she said. "There will be lighting effects the public hasn't seen. We want them to wait before forming their opinions."

ffffffffffffffffff

t MKR yeah fu

People will be satisfied.

But that's only because people have such low standards of canada to begin with.....

Blake T on
  • edited February 2010
    here's the whole article. the best part is when she's talking about how pleased the governement is.

if we were building the parliament buildings today they would look like:
    / \
    | |

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010
    Take solace in the knowledge that it probably won't collapse and kill people. We might not have an economy, but we do have standards.

MKR on
    edited February 2010
    I hear Canadians are afraid of the dark.

Blake T on
    edited February 2010
    it looks like a warehouse

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    Take solace in the knowledge that it probably won't collapse and kill people. We might not have an economy, but we do have standards.
    Ahahahaha.

You're cute.

I like you.

American Petroleum and Mechanical Standards are like the only ones that are used internationally.

Blake T on
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
  • edited February 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »

an ugly warehouse at that.

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha.

You're cute.

I like you.

American Petroleum and Mechanical Standards are like the only ones that are used internationally.

I didn't say international standards. I meant building codes.

Stuff like "studs every x inches" and "this many outlets per wall."

MKR on
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha.

You're cute.

I like you.

Yes I know.

I mentioned those ones because they're the only decent ones you have.

Your building codes are boring and out of date.

Blake T on
    edited February 2010

an ugly warehouse at that.

but it's an Olympic Warehouse

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha.

You're cute.

I like you.

our building codes are stricter than yours. i hope it was built to the National Building Code since it was a federal project. I'm not sure how BC's code is compared to Ontario's and the NBC, but all of our codes are stricter than yours.

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010

please give us an example of an interesting or exciting building code

L|ama on
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

please give us an example of an interesting or exciting building code

European.

(Seriously it's like the accepted international standard)

Blake T on
    edited February 2010
    I don't know why you're being such a silly goose over an unoffensive joke.

MKR on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Pretty much every building north of Toronto or Quebec City does. All their buildings are steel in the even the factory and/or mine nearby shuts down and everyone needs to get out. They can literally tear down and pack up entire towns in Northern Canada.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure why you are talking about something you haven't got any idea about!

Blake T on
  • edited February 2010
    I'm not sure why you are talking about something you haven't got any idea about!

because it's butters and that's what he does best.

edit: i just realized you meant mkr but my statement still stands

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010

I didn't say anything about Canadian standards. I was saying that despite the fact that we scammed you, our shitty building probably won't kill you. Scam contractors sometimes build buildings that fall on people because they dissapear after finishing (if they do) so they don't care about accountability.

MKR on
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2010
    Why do you even think I'm from canada?

Blake T on
  • edited February 2010
    daysleeper did you hear jack layton has cancer

:(

that's too bad for him but probably good for the NDP.

Richard M. Nixon on
    edited February 2010
    Why do you even think I'm from canada?

I didn't say you were. What the hell is wrong with you?

MKR on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What does an accidental explosion in Connecticut have to do with Canadian building standards?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2010
    Who said anything about a building explosion in Connecticut?

I thought I was in SE++, not D&D. What's with all the gross misreading of intent and meaning?

MKR on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2010
    "There will be lighting effects the public hasn't seen. We want them to wait before forming their opinions."

Canadians lack electricity joke.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2010

[Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.