Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

This is how people use the internet.

1246711

Posts

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    facebook users are some of the dumbest people on the internet

    the amount of '1 MILLION PEOPLE JOIN THIS GROUP AND FACEBOOK WILL DO _________' and 'JOIN THIS GROUP TO STOP FACEBOOK _____' even though they haven't and were never planning to _______ is astounding

  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    Whatcha researchin'?
    The motivations behind Seattle's response to

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGG

    Let me fix this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1JIa5r5nkE

  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hirocon wrote: »
    I do this all the time.

    But, I have a good reason. I use the search engine SwagBucks, and sometimes I get free stuff for searching. So, I waste a fraction of a second by typing a search term and then clicking a link instead of just typing an address, but hey, free stuff.

    2230PLANT20NAAR20KEUZE.jpg

    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nah, I'm just joshing ya, Cal. You want I should proofread it for you or something? I'm a pretty good proofreader.

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • redheadredhead Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    To be fair, I used to do that too, because back when I used internet explorer at work if you typed an address into the address bar it would remember it, and I didn't want to do that, so I'd google everything to get around it.

    It's not so I can hide from IT. Because we don't have an IT department, it's just so when my boss comes in and uses my computer for whatever he doesn't see an address to here.

    that's not the behavior for which these people are being made fun of
    (boy, what an awful sentence)

    the issue isn't really that they type things into their address bar to get to websites

    it's that if it takes them to the wrong website, they have no fucking clue what has just happened and will post poorly spelled all-caps rants about how much they hate the new facebook instead of sitting back for a second, calming down, and figuring shit out

  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Nah, I'm just joshing ya, Cal. You want I should proofread it for you or something? I'm a pretty good proofreader.
    I appreciate the offer, but not quite yet. I'm actually kind of embarrassed at how poorly constructed my argument is on this paper.

    Still, it's only the rough draft that's due tomorrow.

    tonksigblack.png
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    okay, can i long in now

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

    Me?

    I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

    Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

    Ahahaha, me too.

    "Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

    And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

    Oh god now I'm listening to alllllll my stuff.

    British Saskatchalbertatoba.

    I love these guys so much.

    Did you ever hear the Lost Scrolls of Frosty? It's like 15 minutes long, but I read it for some classmates once around Christmas time back in college and I thought they were going to die.

    No, I haven't. Do you have a link? Their website is so bad. :?

    yeah I don't know if they've actually done anything to that website in uh...years, besides post a song here and there.

    And I don't know where the tracks are now. I'll look around later and pm it to you if I find them...

    Cool, thanks.

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

    Too busy dancing to care if it's real or not

    4484-7718-8470
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.

  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

    I'm sure a fair amount of them are fake. But I'm also sure that a portion of them, a portion I find surprisingly large, are real.

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.
    So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

    I'm sure a fair amount of them are fake. But I'm also sure that a portion of them, a portion I find surprisingly large, are real.
    Oh no doubt, I'm just surprised that you're surprised that there are terrible and/or stupid people on the internet who have little or no idea how to properly navigate it.

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    again i must inform the world

    Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

    this is a thing that really happened

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    again i must inform the world

    Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

    this is a thing that really happened

    well no wonder he removed him

    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha

    Illustration Portfolio: cajsimpson.com
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Your little brother is also the guy that had the grills right?

    9PZnq.png
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Your little brother is also the guy that had the grills right?


    yes

    also the one currently under review for deportation

    basically his life is comedy

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really don't know which is worse. People who are genuinely awful enough to post those comments, or people who are genuinely awful enough to think ironically posting fake comments is a clever and hilarious thing to do.

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    again i must inform the world

    Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

    this is a thing that really happened
    Why was he friends with this guy to begin with?

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stiller is cast to play my brother in the movie version of his life

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited February 2010
    did it teach him a lesson

  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That is almost too funny to be true.

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    again i must inform the world

    Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

    this is a thing that really happened
    Why was he friends with this guy to begin with?

    gangsta dogg

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The principle difference between fiction and reality is that fiction must be plausable.

  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hirocon wrote: »
    I do this all the time.

    But, I have a good reason. I use the search engine SwagBucks, and sometimes I get free stuff for searching. So, I waste a fraction of a second by typing a search term and then clicking a link instead of just typing an address, but hey, free stuff.

    Flora.

    1LRdqui.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.
    So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

    Yes because you put me on ignore.

    I am puzzled to why you are just realising this.

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.
    So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

    Yes because you put me on ignore.

    I am puzzled to why you are just realising this.
    You realize you can block people from seeing your status updates, right?

  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.
    So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

    Yes because you put me on ignore.

    I am puzzled to why you are just realising this.
    You realize you can block people from seeing your status updates, right?

    If I've put you on my friend's list then I don't care what you can see!

    (This is also the reason why I tell me mother I wont add her as a friend on facebook)

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

    He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

    I just hide people from my feed.

    It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.
    So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

    Yes because you put me on ignore.

    I am puzzled to why you are just realising this.
    You realize you can block people from seeing your status updates, right?

    If I've put you on my friend's list then I don't care what you can see!

    (This is also the reason why I tell me mother I wont add her as a friend on facebook)
    You're lucky your mother doesn't pester you endlessly for not friending her on Facebook.

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    .avi wrote: »
    did it teach him a lesson

    wellllllll he's been in jail since before thanksgiving awaiting his deportation hearing

    but no, the myspace incident did not teach him a lesson
    details: they came into my mother's house to beat him while she was gone

    later:

    he would get rolled for his jewelry by other similar friends (apparently he'd bought it and never paid for it)
    he'd get his car stolen several times by various friends of his who'd then fuck it up
    he passed out drunk in a car and his friends moved him into the driver's seat and ran like hell
    wreck several cars himself


    he and my mother have seriously spent more on cars for him than i spent money on college+ living expenses for over 4 years

    he does other dumb stuff, like tattoos about england and buying secondhand grills that don't fit and all that jazz

    basically he's a cartoon

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    You're lucky your mother doesn't pester you endlessly for not friending her on Facebook.
    Ahahaha.

    Oh yes she does.

    She keeps telling her friends that I wont let her join facebook.

    Because me and Steve Zuckman are like this.

  • .avi.avi regular
    edited February 2010
    that is actually kind of sad

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    You're lucky your mother doesn't pester you endlessly for not friending her on Facebook.
    Ahahaha.

    Oh yes she does.

    She keeps telling her friends that I wont let her join facebook.

    Because me and Steve Zuckman are like this.
    Just friend her and block her from seeing your feed or wall posts. Bitching curtailed. You can thank me later.

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I have a firm policy of keeping family members off my facebook.

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    .avi wrote: »
    that is actually kind of sad

    oh also he cries when bad things happen to him

    this deportation thing might do it, though, he's been in jail for months and he swears he's changing his life
    he's never been to jail for more than a night before

    i'm not holding my breath though

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    .avi wrote: »
    that is actually kind of sad

    oh also he cries when bad things happen to him

    this deportation thing might do it, though, he's been in jail for months and he swears he's changing his life
    he's never been to jail for more than a night before

    i'm not holding my breath though
    He's just going to continue chav-ing it up when he gets back to England. You know this.

  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have a couple family members on my facebook.

    I don't really use my facebook, though.

    Illustration Portfolio: cajsimpson.com
Sign In or Register to comment.