As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is how people use the internet.

• CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Nah, I'm just joshing ya, Cal. You want I should proofread it for you or something? I'm a pretty good proofreader.
    I appreciate the offer, but not quite yet. I'm actually kind of embarrassed at how poorly constructed my argument is on this paper.

Still, it's only the rough draft that's due tomorrow.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    One of my facebook friends posts in all caps

He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    okay, can i long in now

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

Hacksaw on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

Me?

I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

Ahahaha, me too.

"Did you know that Manitoba has a population density of 1.6 people per square kilometer?"
    "Isn't that stupid?"

And "Every OS Sucks" gets me through the workday. Because that song is as true now as it was 8 years ago.

Oh god now I'm listening to alllllll my stuff.

British Saskatchalbertatoba.

I love these guys so much.

Did you ever hear the Lost Scrolls of Frosty? It's like 15 minutes long, but I read it for some classmates once around Christmas time back in college and I thought they were going to die.

No, I haven't. Do you have a link? Their website is so bad. :?

yeah I don't know if they've actually done anything to that website in uh...years, besides post a song here and there.

And I don't know where the tracks are now. I'll look around later and pm it to you if I find them...

Cool, thanks.

ASimPerson on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    People take the comments section of websites seriously? I though we'd all learned our lesson after YouTube.

Too busy dancing to care if it's real or not

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    IpseDixit wrote: »

He hardly ever posts so I'm never bothered enough to ignore his posts but when he does I see it and go "Oh somebody has something important to say." Nope its just Nate is AT HOME CHILLIN

I just hide people from my feed.

It's like the un-offensive version of deleting people.

Blake T on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I'm sure a fair amount of them are fake. But I'm also sure that a portion of them, a portion I find surprisingly large, are real.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited February 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

So that's why I don't see your status updates anymore. :x

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »

I'm sure a fair amount of them are fake. But I'm also sure that a portion of them, a portion I find surprisingly large, are real.
    Oh no doubt, I'm just surprised that you're surprised that there are terrible and/or stupid people on the internet who have little or no idea how to properly navigate it.

Hacksaw on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    again i must inform the world

Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

this is a thing that really happened

Raneados on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

Raneados' little brother once got the shit beat out of him by 3 guys because he removed one of them from his top friends on myspace

well no wonder he removed him

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha

ChicoBlue on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Your little brother is also the guy that had the grills right?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Your little brother is also the guy that had the grills right?

yes

also the one currently under review for deportation

basically his life is comedy

Raneados on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really don't know which is worse. People who are genuinely awful enough to post those comments, or people who are genuinely awful enough to think ironically posting fake comments is a clever and hilarious thing to do.

Cilla Black on
    edited February 2010

Why was he friends with this guy to begin with?

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stiller is cast to play my brother in the movie version of his life

Raneados on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited February 2010
    did it teach him a lesson

.avi on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That is almost too funny to be true.

Dee Kae on
    edited February 2010

Why was he friends with this guy to begin with?

gangsta dogg

Raneados on
    edited February 2010
    The principle difference between fiction and reality is that fiction must be plausable.

Hacksaw on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hirocon wrote: »
    I do this all the time.

But, I have a good reason. I use the search engine SwagBucks, and sometimes I get free stuff for searching. So, I waste a fraction of a second by typing a search term and then clicking a link instead of just typing an address, but hey, free stuff.

Flora.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Yes because you put me on ignore.

I am puzzled to why you are just realising this.

Blake T on
    edited February 2010

You realize you can block people from seeing your status updates, right?

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2010

If I've put you on my friend's list then I don't care what you can see!

(This is also the reason why I tell me mother I wont add her as a friend on facebook)

Blake T on
    edited February 2010

If I've put you on my friend's list then I don't care what you can see!

(This is also the reason why I tell me mother I wont add her as a friend on facebook)
    You're lucky your mother doesn't pester you endlessly for not friending her on Facebook.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2010
    .avi wrote: »
    did it teach him a lesson

wellllllll he's been in jail since before thanksgiving awaiting his deportation hearing

but no, the myspace incident did not teach him a lesson
    details: they came into my mother's house to beat him while she was gone

later:

he would get rolled for his jewelry by other similar friends (apparently he'd bought it and never paid for it)
    he'd get his car stolen several times by various friends of his who'd then fuck it up
    he passed out drunk in a car and his friends moved him into the driver's seat and ran like hell
    wreck several cars himself

he and my mother have seriously spent more on cars for him than i spent money on college+ living expenses for over 4 years

he does other dumb stuff, like tattoos about england and buying secondhand grills that don't fit and all that jazz

basically he's a cartoon

Raneados on
    edited February 2010
    You're lucky your mother doesn't pester you endlessly for not friending her on Facebook.
    Ahahaha.

Oh yes she does.

She keeps telling her friends that I wont let her join facebook.

Because me and Steve Zuckman are like this.

Blake T on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited February 2010
    that is actually kind of sad

.avi on
    edited February 2010
    Ahahaha.

Oh yes she does.

She keeps telling her friends that I wont let her join facebook.

Because me and Steve Zuckman are like this.
    Just friend her and block her from seeing your feed or wall posts. Bitching curtailed. You can thank me later.

Hacksaw on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I have a firm policy of keeping family members off my facebook.

L|ama on
    edited February 2010

oh also he cries when bad things happen to him

this deportation thing might do it, though, he's been in jail for months and he swears he's changing his life
    he's never been to jail for more than a night before

i'm not holding my breath though

Raneados on
    edited February 2010

this deportation thing might do it, though, he's been in jail for months and he swears he's changing his life

He's just going to continue chav-ing it up when he gets back to England. You know this.

Hacksaw on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have a couple family members on my facebook.

I don't really use my facebook, though.

ChicoBlue on
    edited February 2010

He's just going to continue chav-ing it up when he gets back to England. You know this.

probably

in all honesty he's a decent guy if he's not around people like that

he's just really not smart. He is dumb. I love the guy like a brother but he is dumb as hellllllllll

Raneados on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My brother's been caught for pot around seven times. I'm sure that's not a lot compared to others, but at this point if he gets a job then we'll have to assume he's gonna spend the money on more pot.

If my parents catch him again they'll probably threaten to give away the Xbox again and he'll plead and say he's sorry and he'll get another last chance.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I do this all the time.

But, I have a good reason. I use the search engine SwagBucks, and sometimes I get free stuff for searching. So, I waste a fraction of a second by typing a search term and then clicking a link instead of just typing an address, but hey, free stuff.

Flora.

Not so. If you look at my history you'll see I actually have posted before, though rarely, and it hasn't been to advertise websites. I usually just lurk.

I've been using SwagBucks since last July, and so far I've accumulated $40 in amazon.com gift certificates from the search engine. Not a huge payoff, but it still feels nice to get free stuff.

Hirocon on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i just wanted to log in to thisishowpeopleusetheinternet.com why did they change it

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I do this all the time.

Flora.

Not so. If you look at my history you'll see I actually have posted before, though rarely, and it hasn't been to advertise websites. I usually just lurk.

I've been using SwagBucks since last July, and so far I've accumulated $40 in amazon.com gift certificates from the search engine. Not a huge payoff, but it still feels nice to get free stuff.

Yes, that would be the precise difference between a spambot and a plant. You're right.

Aneurhythmia on