As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marble [chat]nets

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honk! (or other Swedish person, I forget who the other one is :P )

Translate!

http://acidcow.com/pics/4553-dead-flies-art-15-pics.html/

First panel with dialogue:
    #1: Is it good/Does it taste nice?
    #2: Mm.. You've really succeeded with this, Britta(name).. It tastes like shit/poo!

Bee and fly:
    Bee: *Whistles*
    Fly: Are you bee/bi? (bi = bee, also slang for bisexual!) (PUN!)

Panel with three flies:
    Fly: It's the latest fly... (fluga = fly, also means trend(fashion)) (PUN!)

Fly pyramid:
    Guys, I have to sneeze!

Thanks! :P

*tips hat and gives a jovial smile*

No problem! :p

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I wish Sins of a Solar Empire was on Steam.

man i have had no end of trouble trying to use stardock. it has sucked for at least seven years and probably more.

the president posted in a thread here a while ago and even though he was a really conservative libertarianish guy it was interesting to hear from him.

The guy was a big L "libertarian" of the worst sort. I would wager a great deal he has since become a teabagger.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    LOOK! LOOK AT ME!

Londo_motfl.jpg

vlcsnap-3655218.png

WMain00 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Echo wrote: »

The Stardock CEO is suck an unmittigated jackass that I really cannot bring myself to support his platform or his companies products anymore. (note that Stardock is a small privately owned company so the identification of the person of the CEO / owner with the company is valid when that would not be the case in a large public corporation)

that was the one where he was making a big deal out of some fox news-related counter-boycott or something, right?

i thought he kind of came around later in the thread.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I will use Impulse to get Sins of a Solar Empire tonight.

WoW crisis averted.

Man, the gay guy from the coffee bar has the most feminine walk I've ever seen. I want to know how he does that, but studying him may not go over well.

It's up on google.

Thomamelas on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Woo supernatural is renewed for season 6, and Castle looks like a sure thing. GO GO Shows I enjoy!

Hrm, more Castle is good. Such a wonderful cast.

All of their regulars are great, hell I'd like to see an entire episode from the perspective of the other two detectives.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Woo supernatural is renewed for season 6, and Castle looks like a sure thing. GO GO Shows I enjoy!

Hrm, more Castle is good. Such a wonderful cast.

All of their regulars are great, hell I'd like to see an entire episode from the perspective of the other two detectives.

Ryan and Espitsomethingsomethingican'tspell. That would be great. It's nice to have a cast in which no one is the target, everyone gives and takes it pretty equally.

Thomamelas on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Windows 7 Mobile: 'No seriously, we swear to god this is not a copy of the iPhone OS' Edition.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/14/adobe-confirms-no-flash-in-windows-mobile-7/

Also, no flash support. (Initially. As an open platform, there's nothing to stop Adobe.) May Flash rot in hell.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited February 2010

Ryan and Espitsomethingsomethingican'tspell. That would be great. It's nice to have a cast in which no one is the target, everyone gives and takes it pretty equally.

Exactly, Ryan and Esposito could just be the foil of jokes but they get their digs in, hell the captain isn't above it either throwing his own barbs. I like that about the show, good writing/acting.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The power of flash is too awesome to be contained in such a small device as a phone.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Wally: I've had a couple thoughts like that trip, but I always diffuse it with "I'm probably not dead/dying, it's probably just the drug. And if I AM dead/dying, there's really nothing I can do by fighting it... So let's just calm down and see where this is going."

And then things without fail get better.

Why is it that nobody knows when to use 'diffuse' and when to use 'defuse'? Defuse means to disable, diffuse means to spread around (and often make ineffective). They're sometimes similar, but not interchangeable by any stretch of the imagination.
    maybe chill the fuck out and stop being an asshole?

MikeMan on
    edited February 2010
    Windows 7 Mobile: 'No seriously, we swear to god this is not a copy of the iPhone OS' Edition.

Also, no flash support. May Flash rot in hell.

Flash is a piece of shit.

But it's still infinetly superior than trying to create a non-trivial application in Javascript.

As long as HTML5 and the like are held back from entering the community of civilized programming languages by that bastard typeless script I will strongly support continued use of browser black-box solutions like Silverlight or Flash.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just god damn it, I want to watch LP videos on my phone. They are one of my favorite in-browser ways to pass time.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The power of flash is too awesome to be contained in such a small device as a phone.

perhaps a similar, yet larger device might suffice?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    I just realised something. It's Spring in the Northern Hemisphere!

Premier kakos on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I will use Impulse to get Sins of a Solar Empire tonight.

WoW crisis averted.

Man, the gay guy from the coffee bar has the most feminine walk I've ever seen. I want to know how he does that, but studying him may not go over well.
    I prefer to plod around like a masculine troll.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2010

But it's still infinetly superior than trying to create a non-trivial application in Javascript.

As long as HTML5 and the like are held back from entering the community of civilized programming languages by that bastard typeless script I will strongly support continued use of browser black-box solutions like Silverlight or Flash.
    html5/ajax/js means that flash isn't NEEDED at all any more for any of the stuff it does.

Sadly, a bunch of big sites still use flash, and it has to be supported.

I wonder if inline midi still works on websites.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited February 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    maybe chill the fuck out and stop being an asshole?

You cut me Mike, you cut me deep.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2010

That is actually a lot of the reason. Well, not the awesome part but the phone part. I know people who used to work at Adobe. The Flash player has to be created from scratch for each platform it runs on and doing so (and supporting each version) costs Adobe a lot of cash.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hi [chat].

I don't get how Adobe managed to make both flash and pdf the computer standards, yet be so annoying about it.

Aldo on
    edited February 2010

edited February 2010
    HTML5 seems really sweet, someone linked that video player. Of course, I know nothing about these things so I don't actually know what it is. It is a language?

Honk on
    edited February 2010

Is that to say you shaved your chest?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

On a reasonable interpreter platform with some nice frameworks, Javascript is just dandy. Throw in HTML 5 canvas support and you've got something that can handily replace Flash 99% of the time with a fraction of the instability and overhead.

Yes, I have developed for Javascript. The biggest pain is supporting IE.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited February 2010

come shovel my driveway, liar.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Res wrote: »
    I've sent a friend request to a person, in a move of unprecedented bravado on my part

But they haven't responded to it. I've noticed them online, for several minutes at a time, several times between now and when I sent the request several days ago. They haven't accepted it... Or ignored it. It is still pending. It's just sitting there.

I am entirely uncertain of how to proceed here.

People always read too much into stuff like that.

Which is why I don't even log into facebook until I have the time to sit half a day and answer all the month old messages so nobody feels left out.

But this person logs on every day. Usually more than once. And that's just based on what I see periodically checking in.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

html5/ajax/js means that flash isn't NEEDED at all any more for any of the stuff it does.

Sadly, a bunch of big sites still use flash, and it has to be supported.

I wonder if inline midi still works on websites.

No, HTML5 still needs Flash or Silverlight or something to avoid the hell that is developing a non-trivial app in Javascript. I do not give a flying fuck how fancy the HTML5 DOM is or that it has an integrated video player or whatnot. If I have to use Javascript to create any substantial functionality it is still an utter failure.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited February 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hi [chat].

I don't get how Adobe managed to make both flash and pdf the computer standards, yet be so annoying about it.

Replacing Adobe Reader with Foxit when I put Windows 7 on my desktop was one of the best thing I did.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited February 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hi [chat].

They bought the company that made Flash which in turn bought the company that made the core of Flash.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited February 2010
    I've sent a friend request to a person, in a move of unprecedented bravado on my part

But they haven't responded to it. I've noticed them online, for several minutes at a time, several times between now and when I sent the request several days ago. They haven't accepted it... Or ignored it. It is still pending. It's just sitting there.

Which is why I don't even log into facebook until I have the time to sit half a day and answer all the month old messages so nobody feels left out.

But this person logs on every day. Usually more than once. And that's just based on what I see periodically checking in.

Maybe he has a bunch of requests and messages and can't bother to go through more than a few per day. Or maybe he's up to something.

I don't know and that's the thing, it's impossible to tell stuff like this over the tubes.

Honk on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    i could always upgrade my macbook

Organichu on
    edited February 2010
    How weird that an audience knows when to change keys or pick pitch without hearing the music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40aqIbcc59c

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Honk can you please research weapons next.

Cinders on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I watched curling today. It was not so exciting. So far the first period of hockey has been good. A nice goal by the USA team.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2010

Maybe he has a bunch of requests and messages and can't bother to go through more than a few per day. Or maybe he's up to something.

I don't know and that's the thing, it's impossible to tell stuff like this over the tubes.

or more likely, they don't want to be your facebook friend. send them another request, just to make sure.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well holy poop balls I've been busy.

Johannen on
    edited February 2010
    Also, Flash is only so widespread (in terms of adoption rate by end users) because Microsoft used Flash in the animated help they used in Windows, Works and Office until a few years ago. Flash 6 came pre-installed on Windows XP prior to SP1 and Flash 6 was the first version with an auto-upate feature.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I watched curling today. It was not so exciting. So far the first period of hockey has been good. A nice goal by the USA team.

last i checked, snowboardX was not online.... :(

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Moriarty you don't teach law do you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Also I like how I spent almost all of my money in STALKER on buying a SIG rifle and a decent supply of 5.56 mm ammo so I could stop using that shitty AN-94 (Which in reality isn't a bad rifle by any means, but this is a video game so common must equal bad) and then in the next area, literally the very next area, the first time I actually use the new rifle... All of the enemies are carrying M4 carbines.

: |

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.