As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camelbak Bottles

JokermanJokerman EverythingEverywhereRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello H\A!

So I want to buy a cambelbak bottle to take to music festivals. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? It needs to perferibly be about the diameter of a waterbottle, or slightly larger so it can fit in my runnur. I also want to get a hands free-kit. Do they work well?

Jokerman on

• Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    camelbak makes a quality product that you have to pay a premium for. To me it was worth it.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just a note--if you're planning on putting something other than water in it, you'd do well to invest in the cleaning kit so you can clean the tube and whatnot.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was pretty happy with my camelbaks.

Quid on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thought I'd post this here since I don't want to risk you missing it in chat.
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Quid, did you notice any adverse effects from putting Crystal light in a camelbak?

Every time he finished with them we'd flush them out with water. But even doing that you eventually need to use the kit to do a more through job. But no, it only became an issue if you didn't do anything and then you ended up with gunk all over inside of it.

Quid on
  • Options
    msh1283msh1283 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I won't use anything but camelback podium water bottles for cycling. Great product.

msh1283 on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks quid, I think i've decided to go for the .5 liter Stanless steel one. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to splurge for a quality product.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If the plastic fittings or the hose pick up the flavour of whatever you're putting in the bottle, you can generally get rid of it by soaking them in a sodium bicarbonate solution.

Note that this is not a substitute for cleaning.

japan on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Camelbaks are lifesavers on long climbing and hiking trips

VoodooV on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Can you bring water bottles/baks to festivals?

I thought most places banned bringing in outside drinks?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    japan wrote: »
    If the plastic fittings or the hose pick up the flavour of whatever you're putting in the bottle, you can generally get rid of it by soaking them in a sodium bicarbonate solution.

Note that this is not a substitute for cleaning.

I read the best way to clean it is with Vinegar, any experience with this?

MichaelLC wrote: »
    Can you bring water bottles/baks to festivals?

I thought most places banned bringing in outside drinks?

Dude, what festivals have you been going to? Wakarusa, Bonnaroo, and All good all have similar rules about Sealed waterbottles or empty camelbaks being allowed into the concert area (and even thats losely enforced). You would die if you didnt bring your own food and drinks to these sort of things and I know Bonnaroo even has a filtered water station so you dont have to deal with the well water taste. The only festival that seems to have restirctions on it is Coachella, and serious, Fuck coachella.

Jokerman on