As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX during Restaurant Week in Boston!

arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in PAX Archive
I completely forgot that restaurant week was coming up, and then I realized it falls on the week of PAX.

Restaurant Week is a chance to try the best restaurants in Boston on the cheap.

It started as a single week a year, but now it's twice a year, two weeks each time. Participating restaurants offer 3 course meals - $30 dinners and $20 lunches. Most of the really good places are already booked solid, but there are still a ton of places that should be available.

For menus/links to OpenTable for reservations - http://www.restaurantweekboston.com

Make sure to check to see if they offer the Restaurant Week menu on weekends - some places only offer it Monday-Friday.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
arsonisfun on

• Options
    KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    I completely forgot that restaurant week was coming up, and then I realized it falls on the week of PAX.

It started as a single week a year, but now it's twice a year, two weeks each time. Participating restaurants offer 3 course meals - $30 dinners and $20 lunches. Most of the really good places are already booked solid, but there are still a ton of places that should be available.

For menus/links to OpenTable for reservations - http://www.restaurantweekboston.com

Make sure to check to see if they offer the Restaurant Week menu on weekends - some places only offer it Monday-Friday.

Oh sweet, I was wondering when it was this Year, and the fact that it's at the same time as PAX is great!

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Knoland wrote: »
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Oh sweet, I was wondering when it was this Year, and the fact that it's at the same time as PAX is great!

I always lose track of when it's coming up. I should just set alerts in my calender

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    dannysaldannysal Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    When searching choose "Back Bay" for the restaurants that are closest to the Hynes Convention Center. Most of the ones listed are excellent. Here are a few I have been and they are top notch.

Top of the Hub
    Tapeo
    Sel De La Terra
    The Palm
    The Capital Grille

dannysal on
  • Options
    krztovkrztov Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    phulinaa wrote: »
    I like to make Asian stir frys and fried rice. I have all the right ingredients and I have lots of sauces at my disposal, however, I can never get the balance of sauces right. Perhaps I am using the wrong combination of sauces or just the wrong quantity. Can someone give me some advice on this so that I can make my food as good as you get at an Asian restaurant or takeaway!

when in doubt, always add more sriracha:
    14074l1.jpg

krztov on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    phulinaa wrote: »
    I like to make Asian stir frys and fried rice. I have all the right ingredients and I have lots of sauces at my disposal, however, I can never get the balance of sauces right. Perhaps I am using the wrong combination of sauces or just the wrong quantity. Can someone give me some advice on this so that I can make my food as good as you get at an Asian restaurant or takeaway!

lolwat

this isn't a cooking advice thread :P

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

This discussion has been closed.