Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Really tacky shit?

galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
OK. So here's the thing. I have a job putting together events and contests for groups. Teambuilding events for coworkers, I've done stuff for bachelor parties, and I have a sweet sixteen coming up.

Now usually when I do these events, I offer little prizes for winning teams. But I usually try to make them obnoxiously tacky, and possibly even slightly embarrassing. For example, I've given out the follwing things:
  • A garden gnome spraypainted gold
  • A statue of a troll picking his nose
  • A scale alcohol barrel made of bronze with a smiling face on it
  • A piggy bank covered nose to tail with bright pink glitter
  • A porcelain arm
  • A coconut carved to look like two monkeys smoking a bong

I've usually found these things through yard sales, junk stores, or whatnot. Problem is that they can get expensive, and that I can't reliably find interesting stuff. So I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good resources online that sell stuff like this. I do have a regular supplier of gnomes (don't ask), but anything weird and offbeat would be useful.

galenblade on
linksig.jpg