As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goozex Thread: Trade your old junk for somebody else's games

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The origami swan thing is weird

I think it's pretty trivial to be upset over it not being included if you already know that, hey, it's just a piece of paper

On the other hand, opening up Heavy Rain and getting to the install screen and seeing that?

That was so awesome

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ack, I'm number 20 in line for the new Phoenix Wright game and it's at 700 points. I have 700 points currently ... here's to hoping it doesn't go up another 50 next week.

Dang, cause it started at 600 and I had 0 points and was 2nd. Then I actually bought the game at a store so I took it off my requests list at 650. Crazy.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No, really, if it says Full Package you are supposed to send in everything that came with it. Why is this an issue? It's right there in black and white. If you're unsure, list it as disc + manual or contact the recipient before you ship it out to see if they're okay with it.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Htown wrote: »
    No, really, if it says Full Package you are supposed to send in everything that came with it. Why is this an issue? It's right there in black and white. If you're unsure, list it as disc + manual or contact the recipient before you ship it out to see if they're okay with it.

If it's that big of a deal to have something like origami, just fucking buy the game retail and STFU. Caveat Emptor.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't use Goozex, so I have to ask: Are there two options? "Case + manual" and "Full package"?

If there are two, then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the origami in the "full package" option.

If "full package" applies to just disc and manual, then maybe it's a bit silly.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There's full package, disc + manual, and disc only.

Stuff like this is why I always list everything I have as disc only.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If that's the case, then I would imagine that something like this is exactly what the "full package" option is for

What the hell else would it refer to?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heavy Rain actually comes with instructions for making a silly goose.

Put this in the thread description, please.

who am I to argue with two heads

It helps out a lot, since my vote counts as two.

I've had 1800 points for months, but I have no idea what to use them on. Seems I buy every new release I'm interested in.

Is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories worth the 1000 points? Seems like I'll be able to find it cheap elsewhere soon enough.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If that's the case, then I would imagine that something like this is exactly what the "full package" option is for

The actual box itself. Am I supposed to include the other things? Like advertising filler? Like registration cards? If the point is to trade retail copies, then why not just purchase a shrink wrapped retail copy?

mrt144 on
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »

The actual box itself. Am I supposed to include the other things? Like advertising filler? Like registration cards? If the point is to trade retail copies, then why not just purchase a shrink wrapped retail copy?

Which brings up another point; should a "full package" include the shrink wrap? It was part of the original package!

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am like 17th in line for Forza 3 Collector's Edition "full package". Should I really expect anything other than the game, manual, and case?

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    algorhythm wrote: »
    I am like 17th in line for Forza 3 Collector's Edition "full package". Should I really expect anything other than the game, manual, and case?

Yes. In this case if were you matched you should definately expect all the extra crap. Whether you expect anyone to ever actually put that up for trade is another matter. That's the whole point of having the collector's edition as a seperate listing.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh, yeah, if somebody specifically requests a Collector's Edition, then I can DEFINITELY agree that EVERYTHING should be included.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think anyone with any sense can figure out that if it's included in the box, and it's not an advertisement, it's an accessory.

Sorry to say this mate, but you constantly repeating it does not make it truth, Goozex is a USED game trading site, with real humans who will use cool little things like the origami paper and not include them, honestly if you care SO much just but it at retail! or get your whining ass to an art store and spend $4.99 on a pack of origami paper.

Send/Receive Full Package (Disc + Manual/Insert + Case) , this is all you should expect, a mario kart wheel is an accessory, the maps, paper etc are a bonus.

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Angel177 wrote: »
    I think anyone with any sense can figure out that if it's included in the box, and it's not an advertisement, it's an accessory.

Sorry to say this mate, but you constantly repeating it does not make it truth, Goozex is a USED game trading site, with real humans who will use cool little things like the origami paper and not include them, honestly if you care SO much just but it at retail! or get your whining ass to an art store and spend $4.99 on a pack of origami paper.

Send/Receive Full Package (Disc + Manual/Insert + Case) , this is all you should expect, a mario kart wheel is an accessory, the maps, paper etc are a bonus.

He was making a valid point, and was coming off as far less of an ass than you were. Also, games are often received new. Predominately used trades take place, but not always.

To your point, if these real humans are going to use these cool little things, they should then label their game as such: a package that is missing included accessories. If it isn't a full package, it's not a fucking full package. Brutally simple concept.

If it gets to a point that the people trading this shit are angry that they were docked down to neutral points for making the mistake, they should do PM's with the recipient of the game. People who use Goozex are fair, intelligent humans; they'd more than likely bring the trader back to a +5 positive.

shit'sstupid

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

He was making a valid point, and was coming off as far less of an ass than you were. Also, games are often received new. Predominately used trades take place, but not always.

To your point, if these real humans are going to use these cool little things, they should then label their game as such: a package that is missing included accessories. If it isn't a full package, it's not a fucking full package. Brutally simple concept.

If it gets to a point that the people trading this shit are angry that they were docked down to neutral points for making the mistake, they should do PM's with the recipient of the game. People who use Goozex are fair, intelligent humans; they'd more than likely bring the trader back to a +5 positive.

shit'sstupid

Stuff like DLC codes are still a valid point, though. Technically, one could consider an unused DLC code as part of a full package, as it's part of the game that's included in the box. However, the entire reason the damn things are usually included is to try to limit used game sales. If you buy a used game anywhere other than Goozex (eBay/Half, Amazon, local EB/GS, your pal, etc), I can't imagine you'd expect the one-time use DLC code to be included unless explicitly stated in the description. Why should Goozex be any different?

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Goozex has a specific policy on DLC codes. They are not expected.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DeathPrawn wrote: »

shit'sstupid

Stuff like DLC codes are still a valid point, though. Technically, one could consider an unused DLC code as part of a full package, as it's part of the game that's included in the box. However, the entire reason the damn things are usually included is to try to limit used game sales. If you buy a used game anywhere other than Goozex (eBay/Half, Amazon, local EB/GS, your pal, etc), I can't imagine you'd expect the one-time use DLC code to be included unless explicitly stated in the description. Why should Goozex be any different?

EA's new policy of including day one, fairly significant codes in their packages is something people need to look out for. Especially trade sites like Goozex. When you've got 2 codes for Dragon Age: Origins that you'd need to pay 15$ for otherwise; or the Cerberus Network for Mass Effect, which is a front end DLC delivery system, also worth 15$.

Goozex needs a specific policy change to address day 1 DLC codes.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's in the post directly above yours! Why would a 'Day 1' code be different from any other?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

a mario kart wheel is an accessory, the maps, paper etc are a bonus.

missing included accessories.
    Not to side either way here, but
    my favorite part is where you completely ignored his argument and went on to call the origami paper an accessory anyway. as in required for gameplay.

To me this is an acceptable thing to be arguing over, as it is certainly a large grey area. The best solution imho is that Goozex needs to have a distinct policy ASAP and until then everyone is more vigilant about posting (and reading) descriptions of what exactly is in their "Full Package."

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's in the post directly above yours! Why would a 'Day 1' code be different from any other?

I posted that in regards to the poster above you. You and I are in agreement.

The expectation of DLC codes is fairly clear from Goozex, but it's going to get interesting to see how traders react to publishers like EA putting such weight to day 1 content as a guarantee. Certainly affects the point values for games as the New DLC concept becomes more common.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Molybdenum wrote: »

a mario kart wheel is an accessory, the maps, paper etc are a bonus.

missing included accessories.
    Not to side either way here, but
    my favorite part is where you completely ignored his argument and went on to call the origami paper an accessory anyway. as in required for gameplay.

To me this is an acceptable thing to be arguing over, as it is certainly a large grey area. The best solution imho is that Goozex needs to have a distinct policy ASAP and until then everyone is more vigilant about posting (and reading) descriptions of what exactly is in their "Full Package."

His argument was that items such as the Origami paper are bonuses, and shouldn't be expected to come with the product. I disagreed.

Where did he say that accessory meant required for gameplay? The origami paper isn't required, but for a few minutes it certainly accentuates the gameplay.

And again: Yes, very gray area. But this is a unique case, and a policy change regarding something as minute as a piece of paper in a game case isn't necessary. As I said, people just need to communicate with the real people on the other end of the trade; they're fairly understanding folks.

MOVING ON

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

shit'sstupid

Pancake, the point, which was made by you is that goozex is a Predominately used market if you get a new shrink wrapped copy then great, but mostly what you'll get is a gently used copy of the game, I agree about the EA DLC codes being important, but as others have said if it is that important to you, JUST BUY IT DAY 1,which is the point of the marketing, not expect it from a trade!

Just because it comes in the package it is a privilege for the original buyer as to whether or not to use it, keep it or give it away, and just to address being an ass, hell yes I'll be an ass to someone who will just keep repeating themselves in the hope that repetition will validate there position on the issue.

Angel177 on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went to trade Magna Carta 2 and it isn't on goozex....weird.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love how some people don't understand that the people who trade games on Goozex aren't the kind of people that want to buy games on day one.

Also, mentioning the shrinkwrap only makes you look retarded.

And stop liming yourselves.

Magna Carta II is on Goozex, you just have to search for "magnacarta" (without a space) instead of "magna carta".

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think we can argue that sending the origami paper already folded and completed wouldn't still fulfill your requirements of "full package."

I think that would be high-larious.

This whole argument stemmed from a stupid thread on the Goozex forum where someone was simply wondering about the piece of paper. I really doubt someone would lower the feedback score when it actually came down to it.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The problem, Figgy, is some silly gooses in the thread were serious about doing so.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love how some people don't understand that the people who trade games on Goozex aren't the kind of people that want to buy games on day one.

And stop liming yourselves.

Magna Carta II is on Goozex, you just have to search for "magnacarta" (without a space) instead of "magna carta".

Without the space? Weird. The original one you can look up with the space.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love how some people don't understand that the people who trade games on Goozex are the kind of people that need to buy games on day one (if they want special stuff).

Also, repeating yourself only makes you look retarded.

fixed.

Angel177 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just got a PS3 today, finally. I don't have any games, though, so I took Metal Gear Solid 4 off Hold.

First in line, but nobody is offering the game currently. Dang.

If any of you want to get 450 points, Metal Gear Solid 4 will likely match us pretty quickly.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's pretty cheap new, I think. Might even be the same amount on Goozex.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah, somebody just made an account on Goozex, and is now sending me MGS4. Was it one of you?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I mentioned the shrink-wrap as a joke because that would be retarded. Much like expecting the origami paper.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I can see how someone like you would equate something like shrinkwrap with an included accessory.

But hey, who cares?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright listen you silly geese. All of this is written in black and white on the site.

When you are shipping a game, it can be in three conditions:
    Full Package: Item shipped must include ALL original content that was present at the time of original purchase.
    Disc & Manual: Item shipped must include disc(s) & manual, and all original content that affects the playability of the game. Case is optional.
    Disc Only: Item shipped must include the disc(s), and all original content that affects the playability of the game. Case & manual are optional.

But what is original content? Argue argue, blah blah blah IT SAYS RIGHT HERE.
    Original Content: The content that was present at the time of original purchase (not at the time of resale). This includes any/all of the following that apply to that specific title (verify with UPC), and more:
    Discs/Cartridge
    Manuals
    Case
    Inserts
    Information Sleeves
    Figurines
    Trading Cards
    Collector's Items
    Bonus Physical Content (Non-Digital)

In other words, if it was in the box when you bought the item, it needs to go BACK in the box when you send it "Full Package". PERIOD. This is not an argument, it's right there on the Goozex site. If it's missing stuff, but you think it's stuff that's not necessary for the game, IT'S NOT FULL PACKAGE, IT'S DISC + MANUAL. According to Goozex, if you don't send that stuff in, people are justified in leaving neutral feedback if you listed it as Full Package. End of story.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And I am justified in sending you an already folded up piece of origami paper. Don't you see the irony here?

Getting bent out of shape because a "one time use" item is missing from the game is retarded, since they could send you a folded up crane and you wouldn't be able to complain, even though that is just as useless as not sending the origami at all.

Edit: And this "Silly Goose" thing is stupid. It has become a way for people to throw insults at each other in a discussion and avoid an infraction. It's like saying "The N Word." I know you meant "nigger," but you said "The N Word" so it's supposed to be okay.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If a special edition contains candy and I eat it, should I send in the wrapper or the feces containing the candy?

Impersonator on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If a special edition contains candy and I eat it, should I send in the wrapper or the feces containing the candy?

I was actually just gonna say this.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Imp with the amount of dumb things you say on accident, you should probably try to avoid saying them on purpose.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No. You should list it as 'Disc and Manual' and keep your poop to yourself. That or list full package and check that the receiver is okay without his candy before you accept the match.

I fail to see how this could cause such debate. The site has clearly stated rules combined with the facility to negotiate before match up if you feel you have a border case.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif