As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wargaming: Nerd Fightan Gaems

• Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yea, I'm thinking of just tricking out my deck with those. Also splashing fire instead of stone for stuffs.

I haven't seen much long-term gain in Fire. The synergy with Graviton Fireeater and the opportunity to gain a little creature control is nice, but the permanent control Stone offers seems to outweigh it.

These top 50 decks evidence what complete bullshit the high-tier end of this game is.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My new mono-chaos deck that is an exact copy of the newbie guide deck except with 3 otyguhs is awesome, but still can't handle level 5.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My new mono-chaos deck that is an exact copy of the newbie guide deck except with 3 otyguhs is awesome, but still can't handle level 5.

After screwing around for a while, I still can't reliably beat the top 50 decks :V

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

After screwing around for a while, I still can't reliably beat the top 50 decks :V

Why did you do this to me. I should be asleep.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm liking that game but yeah some of those cards like the ones that make your creatures have a 50% chance to miss are a bit goosy.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    hey, this game is fun.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's why you make your guys ignore shields.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know I could do that

How much monies

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually I'm tempted to just make a deck full of big dragons and pillars to generate mana for them

trentsteel on

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    I tried a Death/Poison deck and it works okay, but holy shit they make it impossible to get some of the later cards. You can't buy the fucking things, and good luck getting it from the slots!

A duck! on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    there are not very many cards in this game.

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    There are some you can't buy, but good luck getting them!

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We need to fight. I will beat you all up.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    But like, 3 or 4 monsters per color? That's not very thrilling.

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The worst part is that you have to upgrade each card individually, including the towers.

artifexite on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm. Can anyone across the pond tell me if this is asking for raising some hackles?

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have beaten a false god, now I never have to play this damn game again.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wish there were more "other" cards but maybe I'll win them in a spin. That egg that hatches into a random creature is cool.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    What happens if you run out of cards in this? It hasn't happened to me yet.

trentsteel on

• Options
    Someguy JohnsonSomeguy Johnson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've never played mtg so I'm still a little lost but I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time on that site over the next few days.

I just started building my first 40k army not too long ago (ultramarines because they're easy to paint with the colors I have available and I want to practice my painting before doing anything too permanent). I've got about 500 points done and the gaming store I was using has stopped doing gw stuff so now I have to find somewhere else to play. I swear the fates are trying to keep me from playing regularly.

Someguy Johnson on
    [SIGPIC]XBL- TheManAboutTown PS3- someguyjohnson83 Wii- who gives a shit Steam- someguyjohnson[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Where do you live? Is it Edmonton?

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

Someguy Johnson on
    [SIGPIC]XBL- TheManAboutTown PS3- someguyjohnson83 Wii- who gives a shit Steam- someguyjohnson[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well then I'm sorry we cannot play together :(

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah that'd be a hell of a trip

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What happens if you use metamorphosis? Do you still get to keep your cards and points and everything?

trentsteel on

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there any Toronto Warhammer players? The people at my ye olde local gaming shoppe tend to play mostly 40k.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

Goddamnit get out of Evansville it's horrible

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there any Toronto Warhammer players? The people at my ye olde local gaming shoppe tend to play mostly 40k.

i think the miniwargaming shop is in toronto. and they play all sorts of stuff. warhammer fantasy, lotr, warmachines, historical stuff...

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

I hear this a lot but since I live on the far east side in a bunch of new apartments I'm pretty happy here away from the crazy rednecks.

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

I hear this a lot but since I live on the far east side in a bunch of new apartments I'm pretty happy here away from the crazy rednecks.

Oh god that's where I used to live before I was forced up to the North side

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

I'm sorry man, I know some people who live down by stringtown and I would hate to have to live there.

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

I'm sorry man, I know some people who live down by stringtown and I would hate to have to live there.

It worked out in the end, moved to Bloomington for college and don't plan on going back to Evansville except for short visits

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

It worked out in the end, moved to Bloomington for college and don't plan on going back to Evansville except for short visits

I like Bloomington, good college town, but I wouldn't want to live there too long past college. Moving from there to Indy wouldn't be bad at all though. After a few years here I'm going to try and get a promotion that will let me move north somewhere.

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I like Bloomington, good college town, but I wouldn't want to live there too long past college. Moving from there to Indy wouldn't be bad at all though. After a few years here I'm going to try and get a promotion that will let me move north somewhere.

Yeah, it's nice. Evansville is just one of those cities where it seems like there is absolutely nothing to do, which is weird because it's a bigger city. I dunno, I spent high school and a year of college there and just hated it.

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Evansville, Indiana

Man Bloomington is at its greatest when all the college students fucking finally leave. I'm debating staying here, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand dealing with students when I no longer am one.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Man, there isn't anything to do except drink at shitty clubs. Woody's used to have some good bands come by but it burned down a couple of months back leaving us with shit to do. Luckily for me I don't go out much anymore (did that in college up in urbana, IL).

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Man Bloomington is at its greatest when all the college students fucking finally leave. I'm debating staying here, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand dealing with students when I no longer am one.

This right here. I almost stayed in my Champaign apartment after I graduated from the University of Illinois but the damn students drove me crazy after a while so I moved back down here. I'm not from Evansville origianally, I'm from Mt Carmel so this is still a step up even if it is a step back from Urbana/Champaign

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dang man, what job got you to move to Evansville?

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dang man, what job got you to move to Evansville?

I work for AT&T at their new call-center

Someguy Johnson on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh cool I know some people that work/worked there

OmegaTofuNinja on