As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: If this were your job, you'd be a very rich man.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey Warcry, guess what?

You keep dogtags you got in the beta.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Hey Warcry, guess what?

You keep dogtags you got in the beta.

Yes. :D

Suriko on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am aware. However, I hate the soldier name I picked in the beta. I may change it and knife more people.
    I mean, I got the majority of my dogtags in the first two weeks. When I start out I will have precious little in the way of firepower, so it'll be goddamn commando time. But I need a name...

Warcry on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    I am aware. However, I hate the soldier name I picked in the beta. I may change it and knife more people.
    I mean, I got the majority of my dogtags in the first two weeks. When I start out I will have precious little in the way of firepower, so it'll be goddamn commando time. But I need a name...

Battleweep?

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I unlocked the XM8 Compact and now I'd be satisfied even if I couldn't unlock another thing ever again.

It's my baby.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SOMETHING TO DO WITH KNIVES

Warcry on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Shivmaster.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Cango

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SLAPCHOP

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How about Dinosword or Dinosaurd

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love knifing, it's all i did in 2142 and it's pretty much what I kept to in the beta.

I just wish I could get the m1 but nooo ea can't find my 2142 or bf2 user names anymore

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I...think I have the perfect name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

Warcry on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I just hit 750 dogtags.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whelp just got my copy of the game, hurray for industry contacts, and I'm having a couple of issues. Has anybody had a problem with the sprint button not working? I've started the first level and when it gave me the prompt for sprinting I press the button and I don't move any faster. I tried switching they keys and it doesn't work still. Is this a known issue?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You can't sprint for a while in the first level, don't worry. It's not a bug.

EDIT: shit. Are you holding it down? :x

Warcry on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can't sprint for a while in the first level, don't worry. It's not a bug.

EDIT: shit. Are you holding it down? :x

It prompted me to press the sprint button and yes I held it down.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What platform are you on?

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What platform are you on?

PC.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So i guess no one can delete keybinds then? NOT ALLOWED? NONE FOR ME?

Sonork on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ._.

I have no idea what to do. Restart?

Warcry on
  • Options
    RigellRigell Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is anyone else having a problem with accuracy? The SMG is just horrid, but all the guns in MP... I can't tell how many times I've been killed by the guy I'm shooting and have it show him with >15% health in the kill cam.

It just seems to be....start shooting and pray your bullets actually hit him.

Rigell on
    Skobes.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rigell wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem with accuracy? The SMG is just horrid, but all the guns in MP... I can't tell how many times I've been killed by the guy I'm shooting and have it show him with >15% health in the kill cam.

The same people are killing me enough with silly guns over and over that I can't help but feel like there is actually a method to this point and click madness we call the first person shooter.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's called burst firing. Full auto will result in probably none of your bullets hitting your target.

Warcry on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man. Squad rush is sooooo much better than any other mode.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rigell wrote: »

I had no trouble with my carbine in the one match I was able to play, other than it was just plain weaker than the assault rifles. Just fire bullets individually. If you spray, you aren't hitting anything that isn't right next to you.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really don't get it. Maybe I missed something but why is Bad Company still doing stuff for the us military?

Didn't they sneak away with a giant ass truck of nazi gold in the last game? There absolutely no mention of said massive amounts of gold and how they all went awol after they got the gold.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hooray for no XP in the past 3 games I played. Even though one match I was second on my team.

Bugggssssssss /anger

Kami on
  • Options
    RigellRigell Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    More Cowhorn! Because thats not at all annoying for the last 40 seconds of a match..

Rigell on
    Skobes.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    holy balls, things seemed to stabilize at around 8 or 9 pm pacific and I've been playing Rush for the last 4 hours or so. The new maps are sooo goood

Hit Level 2 (so weird you start at level 0), been sticking with Engineer, unlocked the SCAR and Land Mines.

I have a question though, I'll fire a laser tag dealy at a helicopter, it'll hit, than i'll fire an RPG but that RPG totally doesn't home into it or anything, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Or is the laser dart just a boost to damage and the ability to track it? I was a bit confused by that.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alright my sprint button not working was fixed by just restarting the game.

Anyway does the PC version have achievements and such if so where do I check them out?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Span, have you ever gotten a game and decided you were going to find out anything on your own? What did you do before the internet?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    holy balls, things seemed to stabilize at around 8 or 9 pm pacific and I've been playing Rush for the last 4 hours or so. The new maps are sooo goood

Hit Level 2 (so weird you start at level 0), been sticking with Engineer, unlocked the SCAR and Land Mines.

I have a question though, I'll fire a laser tag dealy at a helicopter, it'll hit, than i'll fire an RPG but that RPG totally doesn't home into it or anything, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Or is the laser dart just a boost to damage and the ability to track it? I was a bit confused by that.

You'll see a little box around your tracer dart. Zoom in with the RPG centered on the box and wait for the distance to appear. That's how you lock on. You can do this through buildings and shit too. No clear line of sight needed. I usually lock on, then aim at the sky or behind me and watch the rocket zoom around to smash the target. You have to be quick when aiming away from the target or you lose the lock on.

Warcry on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well the single player making no sense is all well and good but can I get added to the pc player list. I'm playing as John.Freeman

Medic is so good though it puts all other classes to shame.

I still don't understand why bad company isn't chilling in a castle filled with their nazi gold from the first game

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm I'm getting a weird sound issue, dialogue is really quiet in cutscenes. I think its a sound channel issue as for a half second Sarge's voice came through just fine.

I'm wearing headphones and both my computer and the game itself are set to headphones though. :?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So far sp is quite fun. I have no idea what is going on however.

goggles on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really don't get it. Maybe I missed something but why is Bad Company still doing stuff for the us military?

Didn't they sneak away with a giant ass truck of nazi gold in the last game? There absolutely no mention of said massive amounts of gold and how they all went awol after they got the gold.

I have never played BC1, but while reading stuff about BC2 I came across someone saying that the military caught the main chars of the first game and confiscated their gold.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like how the only comment gametrailers made about the sound was "the channel separation in surround sound could be a bit better. overall its solid"

Seriously? I think it's downright top notch.

goggles on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    goggles wrote: »
    I like how the only comment gametrailers made about the sound was "the channel separation in surround sound could be a bit better. overall its solid"

Seriously? I think it's downright top notch.

See my post a few up, they definitely flubbed something up. Even set to headphones I'm only get "front seaker" audio on my headset, everything behind me is soft as hell. In cutscenes dialogue is really hard to heard mostly. In the actually game, if an NPC is talking and I face them, perfect quality, turn away from them and it gets muddled and soft.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    KungFu wrote: »

I have never played BC1, but while reading stuff about BC2 I came across someone saying that the military caught the main chars of the first game and confiscated their gold.

It's a spoiler for BC 1 but...
    While the gold was found, they made off with one of the trucks with it in at the end.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So my server's been set to Conquest all day today. Do people like that or would people prefer Rush?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
This discussion has been closed.