As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East forum badges

• Options
    Ghostbusters of NHGhostbusters of NH Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    AM I too late to grab one of these?

No. It just looks like we're showing that we all are interested and a few of us will pass them out during community events and some will be available at BYOC.

....yeah I'm rather retarded and have no idea where/what the BYCO is. hahao_O

Ghostbusters of NH on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whats the BYOC?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    AM I too late to grab one of these?

No. It just looks like we're showing that we all are interested and a few of us will pass them out during community events and some will be available at BYOC.

....yeah I'm rather retarded and have no idea where/what the BYCO is. hahao_O
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Whats the BYOC?

BYOC = Bring Your Own Computer

Also see the big stickied post on this forum here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=109946

Rdr on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, it's the big LAN that goes all weekend. When the official map for PAX is released, you will be able to see where it is located in the convention center.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well I'm really bowled over by the response I'm getting here, thanks for restoring my faith in you lot. I really should know better!

Anyway, here's the design for the PAX East badge. I've stripped out some of the Photoshop hero stuff and got rid of the exclamation point. This is the East coast after all, needs to be a little more 'understated', if you get my meaning:
    PAX_East_Front_Version_1.jpg

The back retains the names from the forum motif. In order to get your name on there, you need to participate in this very thread!
    PAX_East_back_Version_1.jpg

I'll be collecting names over the next week or so. Spread the word everyone! Oh and let me know what you think of the designs.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm really liking the design! Can't wait to see the print.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks amazing to me. And I definitely want my name on that sucka.

Rdr on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The BYOC security desk will be on the 3rd floor in front of Ballroom B (there will be signs).

Look for either me or one of my deputies. You cant miss us. We will both be wearing ENFORCER capes :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Love the designs, and the back is a nice touch. Hopefully you'll slip my name into there for participating in the thread ;)

No changes needed imo.

atiari on
  • Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woo Hoo! I'll take one too.

Trion on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Will you be punching a hole into them again to attach them to our lanyards?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey kropotkin. That looks awesome! Can I get one too? Thanks!

Darkshowers on
    Ds3hsEH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Will you be punching a hole into them again to attach them to our lanyards?

I probably will do something like this.

What are the dimensions of the badges going to be?

Rdr on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dude, Kropotkin, you are so awesome for doing this again! =) I would have been contented to wear my PAX09 badge with pride.

And silly Boston, so puritanical! Photoshop-hero really is too baller for this coast to handle. (j/k)

And as Team Green Professor for the PubCrawl, I don't mind grabbing a handful from you to distribute to my poke trainers pre-beginning of BarCrawl!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nice. +1 internets.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Options
    caliomnicaliomni Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loved mine last time. Would like one again.

Mr Jackass mentioned you might need lanyards. I work for Uline who sells them. If for some reason you need those, let me know. I know most people just use the ones they hand out at the show.

caliomni on
  • Options
    runethomasrunethomas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Seeing as most of us are computer savvy, couldn’t you just create a generic template, and allow people to print their own? Most of us don’t have card printers, but I'm sure we could figure something out. This way nobody forgets to pick them up.

runethomas on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd be up for wearing one too Kropotkin! =)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here's my answers to the queries that have cropped up:

1) Do you need to punch holes in them?

This was a design flaw from the PAX 2008 edition which has since been eradicated. The badges now come in A6 sized plastic sleeves, twice as big as the PAX Pass. There is no need for punching and the sleeve protects the badge inside.

2) Do you need lanyards?

The idea of a seperate lanyard was mooted in 2009, but was universally rejected on the grounds that people didn't want a myriad of them hanging around their neck. In short; thanks but no thanks.

3) Can you provide the template for people to print their own?

Yes I can do and will do that. Note that I cannot provide the plastic sleeves digitally though, so anyone wanting to do that will have to either get their own or use very tough card to print on. 250 mg grade may be in order.

Thanks again for the feedback, it's much appreciated. Note that to get your name on the back of the badge, you must do ONE of the following:

a) Be an admin of the forums.

b) Participate in this thread.

c) Take part in a pre-PAX East event and notify it in one of the relevant threads.

d) Travel to PAX East via one of the community run events.

e) Be Robert Khoo.

You only need to do ONE of these things, and your name is on the badge. This does not however mean you automatically get one! You still need to pick it up from BYOC and any other yet to be announced methods.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »

I'm participating in this thread. :mrgreen:

ikelewis on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    e) Be Robert Khoo.

This one opens many, many doors.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Staxeon wrote: »
    e) Be Robert Khoo.

This one opens many, many doors.

That's because it comes with keys to the convention center.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Count me in for an East badge.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am totally interested in getting one of these.

zezspecs on
  • Options
    baelionbaelion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll totally be getting one of these.
    And if I fail to pick one up, i'll happily reimburse you for the postage. It won't be that much UK to UK :D

baelion on
    Masters Degree Student: PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT NERDCORE
    Twitter
    Lord help me, I chose !Squirtle
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just so I get my name on here for sure, this is an awesome idea and I can't wait to get my forum badge :)

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This is rad.

Thanks for setting this up kropotkin.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would love one of these!

I'll try to hunt you down to get one.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kropotkin once again comes through with awesome accessories for PAX. This is an awesome thing that you do, buddy. Hooray!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd love a badge. They look fantastic.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here's my answers to the queries that have cropped up:

Thanks again for the feedback, it's much appreciated. Note that to get your name on the back of the badge, you must do ONE of the following:

c) Take part in a pre-PAX East event and notify it in one of the relevant threads.

You only need to do ONE of these things, and your name is on the badge. This does not however mean you automatically get one! You still need to pick it up from BYOC and any other yet to be announced methods.

I'm organizing the pre-PAX East gaming night at the Sheraton ;) As such, if you'd like me to pick some up from you to distribute at that event I'd be more than happy to!

atiari on
  • Options
    HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm sorta new to the PA forums in general, but would love to be part of this. this is my first PAX, but i get a feeling will not be my last. I'm just shy to post on the forums too often, SE++ is scary.

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    atiari wrote: »

I'm organizing the pre-PAX East gaming night at the Sheraton ;) As such, if you'd like me to pick some up from you to distribute at that event I'd be more than happy to!

Sounds good. I'm staying there and arriving on the Thursday afternoon. So provided you can put up with a jet lagged Englishman meeting you then, I'd be happy to pass some over to you.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited March 2010

Sounds good. I'm staying there and arriving on the Thursday afternoon. So provided you can put up with a jet lagged Englishman meeting you then, I'd be happy to pass some over to you.

I'm used to dealing with drunk Scotsmen, but I suppose I could deal with a jet lagged Englishman ;)

atiari on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

i'm staying at the sheraton too & arriving thursday evening. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think it would be awesome to have one of these. Swinging by BYOC shouldn't be a problem and I'll also plan to be at the Pre-PAX Dinner and PokeCrawl if they are available to pick up at one of those.

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm staying across the street from the Sheraton, but I'll be in Thursday night so it would be nice to be able to snag one then, or Friday morning, if possible. I'll be busy and not sure when I would be able to get one during the show otherwise.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can help pass them out at the pre pax dinner and pubcrawl if needed.

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    Lugh LamfhadaLugh Lamfhada Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would like one of these as well, but I don't think I'm qualified enough on the forums yet to have earned one.

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VOMIT IN THIS HAT?!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would like one of these as well, but I don't think I'm qualified enough on the forums yet to have earned one.

The very fact that you read and occasionally post on the PAX forums makes you a PAX Forum Badge potential owner! This isn't about 'earning the right' to own one. If that was the case, I wouldn't qualify at all for as anyone would tell you on here, I don't post nearly as much as others do! Quite frankly, you're more likely to find me on NeoGAF or Rllmuk than here :mrgreen:

So provided you go to the BYOC desk during PAX East and BigRed has any to spare, you'll get one. Provided of course you answer the forum trivia questions......DAN DAN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

For yes I have decided to bring those back from last year. For the uninitiated, it required potential badge owners to answer a question that only a forum member could possibly know. They are very simple I can assure you. Here they are again, in full (behind the spoiler):
    1) Name an unofficial PAX East community event:

* PAX East Train Alliance
    * Magical Mystery Tour East
    * PAX Pokecrawl - Bar Crawl
    * Pre-PAX Movie: Clash of the Titans
    * Pre-PAX Gaming at the Sheraton
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Pre-PAX Dim Sum
    * GLBT Friendly Meetup
    * Joystiq Breakfast
    * PAX Hockey Game: Bruins/Flames
    * Rocky Horror Picture Show
    * PAX East Assassins
    * PAX Trading Cards
    * Mafia Wars
    * Cookie Brigade
    * PAX East Costumes

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does ETA stand for?

PAX East Train Alliance

7) Why do key forum threads have the word [Prime] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'10 in Seattle as opposed to PAX East in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?

The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade

9) What is the default colour scheme of the PAX Forums?

Blue and white

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.