As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phallakinetic Armageddon - It's all over! REND AND THE PINNACLE GUILD WIN!

EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hackRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Critical Failures
pk30.pngarmabccc2.png

This is a phalla. Don't know what that is? Check the link!

This is set in the Exigency setting. This phalla follows the Prelude to Phallakinetic mini and the previous main, the New Renegade.

Back to Arcadia

Welcome to Alpha Sector- the tiny shred of space that mankind has the nerve to refer to as “the galaxy”. There's no Beta or Gamma just yet. They're working on it.

This is the planet Arcadia (one of many, the name is considered lucky- it’s like calling an exploratory vessel the Pilgrim).

It's the far future- but not necessarily ours. Humanity has gone through the expected selection of wars and disasters to the extent that they can’t even remember exactly what happened.

Trillions live in the sprawling colonies maintained and policed by the innumerable nations and supercorporations of the Sector. The Domarian Legion, the sole superpower, is always on hand with their massive armies, monopolistic industry and terrifying technological superiority. The High Council, on the other hand, manages the psychic populace like a commodity- an incredibly lucrative commodity.

One is ruled by a militaristic regime and overseen by a ludicrously intelligent Supercomputer- the other, an elitist, mostly hereditary cabal. They hate each other. They'd never stoop to fighting it out, but when one side has telepaths and telekinetics and the other has giant war robots, nobody wants to place any bets.

The Story So Far

The Renegade

Arcadia was a small colonial star system that barely anyone took any notice of. Until the Renegade and his Disciples appeared and began taking lives with impunity, believing psionors to be the inevitable pinnacle of humanity's evolutionary progress.

Arcadia defeated his Disciples... but it meant little. The Disciples thought the Renegade was already dead, that they were the Renegade now, and didn't realise that their powers had come from him directly. What's more, the Renegade wanted no part of their psion versus baseline mentality. He was a transmuter, better than either of them, and he left the world victorious, leaving one name for future generations to wince at whenever they heard it. Rend.

With injections of wealth and manpower from various powers and corporations with guilty consciences, the system speedily recovered over 15 years.

Psychics and non-psychics lived in harmony. The economy was booming- even the tourist industry. Arcadia was starting to live up to its name…

The New Renegade

Until it all started to happen again.

Someone- another psionor of monstrous power- was killing civilians with impunity. Other factions were taking advantage of the chaos to kill and loot and manipulate the vulnerable star system. But with the help of Houn, the ancestor of the current Elder, this New Renegade was cured and learned to contain the abilities that would otherwise claim innocent lives. With the New Renegade on their side the Arcadian populace managed to defeat the terrorists and rogue elements that had riddled their society.

And then they learned that Kwiychn, aka L.C. "Gumpy" Quicken, had been playing them all for fools. Transmuters can't be cured. He killed the Elder, and he turned the New Renegade to his cause.

And then Quicken blew up Arcadia's moon.

Armageddon

everyone dies...

RULES

Each night you will !vote for someone to be executed by the Legion. The vote ends nightly at 22:00 GMT. No matter how late I might be with the narration, any actions made or votes cast after this deadline will count towards the next day.

Order PMs should be sent to the Supercomputer account, while question and clarification PMs should be sent to the Edcrab account. I’ll be deleting them in order to keep some inbox space free, so don’t send multiples if it can be avoided. I’d probably get all angsty.

If it transpires that you're part of a group of roles, please consider nominating one of your number to collate all your nightly actions and try to send them in as part of a single PM. I'm not going to ignore your orders and kick you from the game if people change their mind and send in an amendment, but bear in mind that there's a helluva lot of stuff going down in this game.

Unless otherwise stated, assume all normal Phalla rules apply. If you’re dead, you can’t contact living players. You can’t contact anyone anonymously. You can’t copy PMs through any means- this includes screenshots, codes, or telepathy damn it- and you need to provide me with links to any private boards. I reserve the right to replace and mercilessly badger anyone who's inactive! Inactivus is damn hungry, and he especially likes the taste of psychics.

The overall goal for the Arcadians- the village- is to kill or vote-kill the members of the Pinnacle Guild, but many have alternate goals, such as eliminating all the members of the Outsider faction. Win conditions may or may not be compatible with those of other factions- don’t assume that you’re forced to kill everyone who’s different, you dang bigot. Factions can be misleading, and in many cases they may prove to simply be flavour… but in others, they might not.

Unless otherwise stated, you are still capable of winning posthumously.

This phalla will feature non-standard aspects such as conversion and objective changes. So be warned, don't sign up if that isn't your bag. Things will get weird- if your objective appears suspiciously simple, expect there to be trouble ahead.

Attack Mechanics

Many roles have an “attack” ability with a percentage given- this is the percentage chance that you have of killing the target of your attack. Attacks stack for the purposes of determining success, so nine 10%-attack players mobbing Some Guy would result in a single attempt on his life with a 90% chance of success, rather than 9 separate 10% attempts.

So, yes, it’s possible (and very unlikely) but the whole thing could end after one night. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Unless otherwise stated, you can use your attack as well as your ability in the same night.

Life Mechanics

A few roles have a Life value supplied in their role PM. In effect, these roles have hitpoints, with their percentage Life values decreasing with each incoming attack. If in the above example Some Guy had 100% Life, then he’d be left with 10% Life after those ten players attacked him.

Once a role hits zero Life, they essentially become "normal", with a 10% attack having a 10% chance to kill them, and so on. If a role had 100% Life and the total attack power directed towards them on a night was 125%, they'd be set to zero Life and the remainder would give them a 25% chance of dying.

Seering Mechanics

Due to the theme, there are a lot of seers about: but most are imperfect seers, with a percentage chance of successfully determining the target's faction. Note that even if the attempt fails, the seer will be made aware of the target's sub-faction, i.e., role type.

“Mindscans” as referenced in roles are psychic seering abilities. Note that some roles are resistant to these.

!Sign up in lime.

Clarifications will be made in orange, following the previous trend.

List of Surviving Arcadians

[strike]1: Ringo[/strike] Died Night 4, Vigil Telepath
[strike]2: Ryadic[/strike] Died Night 2, Vigil Bruiser
3: Winky
4: Alegis
5: HeavyVillain
[strike]6: romanqwerty[/strike] Died Night 4, Arcadian Soldier
[strike]7: Bliss 101[/strike] Died Night 4, Arcadian Order's Champion
[strike]8: KingMole[/strike] Died Night 4, Arcadian Cop
9: Delmain
[strike]10: Zandracon[/strike] Died Night 3, Domarian Agent
[strike]11: Savant[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Mirror Empath
12: Mr. Defecation
13: Trust
[strike]14: Robos A Go Go[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Forceful Telekinetic
15: Hippie
[strike]16: samurai6966[/strike] Died Night 1, Arcadian Gunner
17: kime
[strike]18: Dogbone33[/strike] Died Night 2, Pinnacle Guild's Obstructor
19: adventfalls
[strike]20: Dunadan019[/strike] Died Night 4, Mercenary Gunslinger
[strike]21: Exarch[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Order's Veteran
[strike]22: Infidel[/strike] Died Night 3, Pinnacle Guild's Corrupter
23: Gumpy
24: Notch
[strike]25: Demurist[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Soldier
[strike]26: Fiaryn[/strike] Died Night 4, Faithful Mercenary Empath
27: Burnage
[strike]28: Arasaki[/strike] Died Night 1, Arcadian Sniper
[strike]29: Lucedes[/strike] Died Night 1, Arcadian Cop
30: Daius
31: The_Reflection
32: crimsoncoyote
33: Rend
[strike]34: El Skid[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Detective
[strike]35: shalmelo[/strike] Died Night 2, Pinnacle Guild's Nullifier
36: Delphinidaes
[strike]37: TheLawinator[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Doctor
[strike]38: FrostMist[/strike] Died Night 2, High Council Initiate
39: CoreGoon
[strike]40: vagrant_winds[/strike] Died Night 1, Arcadian Sniper
[strike]41: Qualmi-chan[/strike] Died Night 32, Arcadian Soldier
[strike]42: lonelyahava[/strike] Withdrawn
[strike]43: AlyceInWonderland[/strike] Died Night 2, Pinnacle Guild's Assassin
[strike]44: Minor Second[/strike] Died Night 3, Domarian Agent
[strike]45: The Cow King[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Hacker
[strike]46: Malkor[/strike] Died Night 4, Mercenary Doctor
47: Egos
48: Nocturne
[strike]49: simonwolf[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Healer Empath
50: Zellpher
[strike]51: Sepah[/strike] Died Night 3, Mercenary Empath
52: BertezBertez
[strike]53: Inomine[/strike] Died Night 1, Arcadian Cop
[strike]54: Typhus733[/strike] Died Night 4, Mercenary Juggernaut
[strike]55: jdarksun[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Healer Empath
56: Houn
[strike]57: simulacrum[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Order Empath
58: Jaenther
59: ShadowThomas
60: [strike]DasUberEdward[/strike] Wildcat
61: LemmingHead
62: Mazzyx
[strike]63: Spawnbroker[/strike] Evicted Night 2, Domarian Agent
[strike]64: Pudu[/strike] Died Night 3, Arcadian Soldier
65: immortal squish
[strike]66: Teucrian[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Soldier
[strike]67: Maximus[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Scientist
68: Iriah
[strike]69: Romantic Undead[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Soldier
[strike]70: Tiphareth[/strike] Died Night 2, Arcadian Sniper

Reserves:

[strike]1: Wildcat[/strike]
2: Arivia

Narrations

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5, The Last Day

Sample Village Allegiance PM:

You are...
...an Arcadian

Sub-faction: Psychic or maybe not psychic
Faction: Arcadian

Again with the goddamn warfare. Just leave the planet alone already!

Kill or vote-kill the members of the Pinnacle Guild, OR Kill or vote-kill the Aspects of the Renegade and Quicken OR Kill or vote-kill the Agents of the Domarian Legion and the Initiates of the High Council.

Figureheads cannot be voted off until at least one of their followers has been eliminated. They are also virtually indestructible until their followers start dying.

The exception is Nocturne, Commander of the Domarian Legion, who is the only genuinely and permanently vote-immune player in the game. The Domarians aren't going to have the Behemoth blow up one of their own.

Houn is the Elder, Figurehead of the Arcadian Order
Burnage is the Lord Councillor, Figurehead of the High Council
Nocturne is the Commander, Figurehead of the Domarian Legion
Gumpy is Quicken, Figurehead to his own followers
Rend is the Renegade, Figurehead to his own followers

Important Notes and other Clarifications

Unless otherwise stated, you can use your attack as well as your ability in the same night.

The vote can’t be blocked, redirected, or nullified. If someone is vote-killed, they die. The only exception is the Domarian Commander.

The vote does not trickle down. If the target of the vote is killed as well as vote-killed, they're just extra dead.

In the case of a tie, the Supercomputer will decide. Personally, I think he just uses an RNG.

Actions are performed instantly. So if a guard-equivalent protects a player, that player will be protected for that night even if the guard winds up with a photon bolt through the eye socket- unless otherwise stated. Likewise, attackers who attack a player will still contribute to their kill-chance percentage even if they get killed themselves.

If you are attacked, or if you intercept an attack meant for someone else, you will be informed that you were attacked, but not by who. If you have a role with a Life statistic, you will be informed of its current level after you take damage.

In most cases, you will be informed if your attack or ability is blocked or otherwise unsuccessful.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
Edcrab on

• Options
    The SupercomputerThe Supercomputer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bur’Nage sighed. “Yes, I’m all-too aware that my predecessor was a soul-eating freak of nature who wished to be all-powerful.”

Houn straightened up. “Don’t forget how he drained his own followers in order to live.”

Lord Councillor Bur’Nage whirled around and held a finger perilously close to the Elder’s face. “You know what? We haven’t. We’ve never lived that down. But frankly, Elder, you seem too eager to remember past slights, and too quick to forget the efforts we made in reparation.”

“Your organisation doesn’t intimidate us. Money can’t bring back the dead, Councillor.”

“That’s Lord Councillor. We spent trillions putting your moon back together. I don’t see you lambasting those damned Domarians for all the collateral damage they caused through their own incompetence-”

Commander Noc Turne of the Domarian Legion rose from his own seat. “Kindly remember who is hosting this meeting, gentlemen.”

“On my property, no less,” Houn sniffed. “The Consul Complex is the oldest building on Arcadia.”

“Doesn’t time fly,” said Rend.

Even Turne, for all his experience and training and the fact he’d been expecting the man’s arrival, jumped slightly.

“I can remember when they put it together from those horrible tacky prefabs,” Rend continued, eyeing the domed roof and its pillars with distate.

“Where the hell did you come from?” Bur’Nage thundered.

“I’m a transmuter. Do keep up. It’s not as if I’m going to use the door.”

Houn was incandescent with rage. “You invited this… disgusting, genocidal, evil maniac into our property?”

“Houn the Second?” Rend turned to him. “Aren’t you the friendly chap. I met your father once! I remember when Quicken threw him into space. We had a bet about that, you know.”

“Who do you think you’re talking tulllllrrrgh….”

Houn was a psionor of not-insignificant power but Rend didn’t even have to make an effort. He merely held him in a telekinetic grip of such force that he found breathing, let alone moving, an incredible feat.

“That’s gutsy, talking to me like that. I actually admire it. Here I am, destruction incarnate and you talk to me like I’m some hobo you found leering at your mistress.”

“Hurk,” suggested Houn.

“Come to think of it I did, In fact, leer at your mistress, but you certainly wouldn’t have found me.”

“Rend, please,” Noc Turne raised his hands in a conciliatory manner. “Let him go.”

“Oh, I intend to! I’m a man of my word.” He let Houn drop to the floor. “Except when I’m very irritated, so keep that in mind unless you want me to kill everyone in this place and smoosh you all together into a tasteful chrysanthemum pattern. Or maybe a fractal, haven’t made one of them out of flesh in a long time.”

“They were hardly fractals,” said Quicken. “They were only recursive for about fifty iterations, which is just plain sloppy.”

The stillness of the air and the churning of mortal stomachs were the only indicators of the mind numbing dread that was beginning to fill the room. They were professionals, after all.

The two transmuters looked at each other.

It was akin to watching two freight trains on a collision course. Both at relativistic speeds. Powered inexplicably by nuclear reactors, antimatter, and possibly a compact black hole.

“Tell me,” said Quicken, “is there any particular reason why you sent invitations to both of us?”

“I can’t help wondering that myself,” Bur’Nage cleared his throat nervously. “I’m not sure what you hoped to accomplish, Turne.”

Houn got back to his feet, rubbing his throat. “Perhaps he just wanted to throw his weight around.”

“My superiors asked me to come to you for aid,” the Commander explained. “We do not have the resources necessary to eliminate this new threat- not without sacrificing the entire planet. We need your help.”

Quicken and Rend exchanged glances… and then burst out laughing. A rare moment where animosity was forgotten due to the sheer outrageousness of the suggestion.

Rend shook his head. “I think you’ve forgotten who you’re dealing with. Here was me thinking my earlier demonstration was memorable enough.”

“Oh, did you strangle someone? Impressive. I blew up a million tons of rock.”

“Which the Highs put back together with some cheap gravitational field units. Congratulations, you were undone by a school science project.”

“We need you to work together,” Turne interrupted patiently, indicating the four men in the room.

Quicken drew up a chair without touching it and sat down. “And how do you intend to enforce that, pray?”

Noc Turne snapped his fingers.

A voice like the sundering of worlds split the air.

“Pleased to meet you again, Messrs Rend and Quicken.”

Above them- towering far above the consul chamber and eclipsing the entirety of its glass dome in ominous shadow- a Behemoth was waiting.

Noc Turne glanced at the machine as if it was a passing curiosity, nothing more. “This new faction is too potent. We don’t know why they’re here, but if they were to leave the planet… well. They’d be worse than either of you.”

“I find that hard to believe,” said Quicken.

“Yes. So did my counterparts back in orbit. But it’s true.”

Rend eyed the mech warily. “There’s nothing to stop us both from leaving.”

“Very true,” Commander Turne nodded in agreement. “And there is nothing to stop the Behemoth following you. For all eternity. Tasked with nothing except destroying every corporeal form that you make for yourselves.”

Bur’Nage swallowed. “You intend to force us all to co-operate? With your giant indestructible death robot?”

“Yes,” said the giant indestructible death robot.

The Supercomputer on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I .... will ....... SPLITYOURTHOUGHTSOPEN!

Alegis on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sign me the hell up!

.......please

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know nothing about the source material, but that has never stopped me. Sign me up.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Signup, I'll make the IRC people explain things to me.

Delmain on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup Explanations? Who needs that! Just boldly strike your way through uncharted Phalla!

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    we all know eds making it up as he goes along, it makes no difference :P

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got offed right away in the last one of these, so I'll try again. Sign up.

Savant on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !sign diggity dog

M.D. on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Signup

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Me too

Hippie on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ok, everything is making sense. Like how my phone called Suki with me sitting in her room and the phone was in my pocket...

I'm scared.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Your phallas are so much fun :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign up I've heard so many stories about the last game. How can I resist?

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've heard things about this...

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I NEED TO DIE ON DAY 1 OR 2 OR ITS NOT AN EDCRAB GAME

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I NEED TO DIE ON DAY 1 OR 2 OR ITS NOT AN EDCRAB GAME

He needs a idiot role...

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So is dunadan just unlucky or does Ed deliberately kill him or something...?

Night 1:

Shit happens. Also, a meteor just plum out of nowhere spalttered Dunadan

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh hay

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Signing up

Gumpy on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !confirm reservation

I intend to be wowed, ed :P.

Winky on
  • Options
    NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign Up

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sign the fuck up!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Fuck it, I'm in

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Signing up

Burnage on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is dunadan just unlucky or does Ed deliberately kill him or something...?

Night 1:

Shit happens. Also, a meteor just plum out of nowhere spalttered Dunadan

Hi, I'm Dunadan. Nice to meet you.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !sign up

Arasaki on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    a signature.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Yes

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Let me just precede this phalla by saying we're all going to die

Because you're all completely terrible emot-colbert.gif

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy crap yes

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You knows I gotta

Rend on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign me up!

El Skid on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    indeed

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Let me just precede this phalla by saying we're all going to die

Because you're all completely terrible emot-colbert.gif

I think, given the title and the comments in the OP, we were all going to die anyway.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's not where or not we die, it's about the 1000 ways we can kill each other. Nothing else matters.

samurai6966 on