Blur is an upcoming arcade racing video game developed by Bizarre Creations and published by Activision. It features a racing style that incorporates real world cars and locales with arcade style handling and vehicular combat.
Here is a short write-up of what all the powers do. Thanks to Cantido!
- Red Shell, but slower and more obvious. Just about any weapon will kill it. You can shoot it in reverse, in which it will move straight backward and not lock on to anything.
- Wipeout Mine (or Mario Kart Banana). Put behind you by default. Fire it forward to launch it straight ahead about a hundred meters in front of you. It causes cars to spin out, and is not as potent as the Shunt.
- This is your boost. Fire it normally for a quick burst of speed. Fire it backward for the Air Brake. The Air Brake stops your car immediately, and gives you about a second to turn as hard as you like before a boost occurs like normal. Use this to ram cars behind you while tearing through tight corners.
- There is no cousin for it. It's a melee shockwave around you that knocks away cars.
- Blue Shell. Creates three massive pillars of electricity in front of the lead car. Cars who see them must weave through them in a tight zig zag pattern.
- Wipeout machine gun. You only get three bullets. Fire them individually or all at once (called a Full Bolt.) It causes cars to take damage and jink left or right hard, depending on how many hits happen. It requires TWO bolts to stop a Shunt.
- Wipeout Shield. By default, it will protect you from any power ups or ramming. It can also help you glide across corners.
- Repairs you fully. You can't die in a race, it just stops you from losing time to being Wrecked.
Four Player Splitscreen!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGx1Iic1Ds
Quoted from a resent Gamespot article about multiplayer progression:
The game employs a rank-based system, which is similar to that of such shooters as Modern Warfare and Gears of War. Competing in events earns you fans, and the more fans you get, the higher your rank, which, in turn, unlocks new game modes, cars, or mods. Mods allow you to change how your car deals with things, such as power-ups or damage. They are organised into three distinct types: aggressive, defensive, and show-off. You can choose three mods for each race and pick from each category. You can also save your favourite combinations of mods in custom categories, allowing you to easily switch between them for different races and cars. Some of the mods available include battering ram, where your car deals more damage in collisions; splash damage, which increases the range of the barge power-up; and fan favourite, which gains you extra fans for finishing a race. Not all mods are unlocked from the start of the game, and in some cases, you'll have to rank up all the way up to level 50 to get a hold of the best ones.
Here is a list of Xbox PA Gamertags, If you wish to have yours added to the list, just post it in yellow. To get the color type [Co lor="Yellow"] Your GT [/Color] Without the space in the middle of the first Color.
Ultimakay : Ultimak
DarkeWolfe : Digitalwolfe
viciousdogatak : viciousdogatak
GuruMeditation : VodkaSurprise
Gihgehls : The Hellphish
Vic Tokai : Vic Tokai
mere_immortal : lego pencil
Leadfoot5 : Leadfoot5
hatedinamerica : Captain Dino
Polaris314 : Polaris314
PaperLuigi44 : PaperLuigi44
Cantido : Cantido
Figgy : Figment3
JesusFTL : JesusFTL