As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Assassins! Updated Feb 22 - [41]

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What about the pre-PAX dinner, is that a safe zone?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Visions wrote: »
    Safe Zones

Certain areas are considered off-limits for attacking other Assassins players. When a player is in one of these areas they cannot be eliminated. Below is a list of the safe zones in Assassins:

* Keynotes and Panels
    * Concerts
    * BYOC and PC Freeplay Areas
    * Hotel Rooms
    * Convention Tournaments
    * Bathrooms
    I've never been to PAX or any other gaming convention so I'm a little fuzzy about some of these areas. What do keynotes and panels include? Also what about Freeplay areas?

Panels are topics and demonstrations throughout the expo in rooms around the convention. Only the Keynote has been announced so far (Wil Wheaton FTW) but the panel times and locations will be in a handout you'll be given. Specific details on panels are usually announced shortly before the convention starts.

BYOC is an area of PAX where you can bring your computer to play games with other BYOCers. It requires a separate purchase to enter. More info on it can be found here.

Freeplay areas include the PC and Console Freeplay areas. These are places where you can use a provided PC or game console (and check out games to play on it). It's similar to BYOC but anyone can use it.

A map will be provided in the PAX handout explaining where all these areas are.
    What about the pre-PAX dinner, is that a safe zone?

The game starts 2 hours after doors open so you can nom in peace.

MarsChelios on
  • undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A shame there isn't an option for spies. That I could do.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    undead wrote: »

Filthy Spies, always sappin mah sentries!

ZeroHourHero on
    edited February 2010
    undead wrote: »

Actually we're working on something like that but it may not be in by the PAX East game.

MarsChelios on
  • FyctionFyction Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ordered today, looking forward to some sneakery.

Fyction on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm spies quite intrigued as to what the idea on this is. is this what the M game is for on the site?

Oh and have yet to register for this due to waiting on enforcer assignments to come out. As this could hinder me from participating the entire time and or make me an easy target.

I also have a suggestion for possibly getting more players. would love too see the game have more participants.

Singollo on
    edited February 2010
    Singollo wrote: »
    Hmm spies quite intrigued as to what the idea on this is. is this what the M game is for on the site?

The basic idea right now is to to have players or spy-only players able to give info on the location of others and to get points for giving information that led to a kill.

Project M's a completely new game. Unlike Assassins, that games idea is to bring in some story elements and let players work together. I'm hoping to have more info available soon and run some demos at PAX West.
    Singollo wrote: »
    I also have a suggestion for possibly getting more players. would love too see the game have more participants.

Yeah, any ideas for getting more people would be appreciated.

MarsChelios on
    edited February 2010
    Spies idea sounds cool and interesting to see how it plays out.
    The real question though is if its a spy only who will get to be the spy :)

See your PM for my ideas if i think of more depending on what they are i will post them.

Singollo on
  • LonoLono Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lono has purchased his kit.

Let all others tremble in fear.

(Woo! Very excited.)

Lono on
  • RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm a PAX noob and am totally getting in on this. :D

RoadBlock on
    edited February 2010
    Lono wrote: »
    Lono has purchased his kit.

Let all others tremble in fear.

(Woo! Very excited.)
    RoadBlock wrote: »
    I'm a PAX noob and am totally getting in on this. :D

Awesome! Great to have you guys in the game!

MarsChelios on
  • furtivespyfurtivespy Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Couple questions from a noob:
    Safe Zones

Certain areas are considered off-limits for attacking other Assassins players. When a player is in one of these areas they cannot be eliminated. Below is a list of the safe zones in Assassins:

* Keynotes and Panels
    * Concerts
    * Hotel Rooms
    * Convention Tournaments
    * Bathrooms

Why is PC Freeplay safe and not console freeplay?

Can one still get secondary points while still "alive?"

Will the large armband fit around a winter jacket that many people might be wearing in March in Boston?

As for increasing players, perhaps a referral system that after someone refers X number of people they get their next upgrade pack free. - This both promotes more people and gets existing players to come back.

furtivespy on
    edited February 2010
    furtivespy wrote: »
    Couple questions from a noob:
    Safe Zones

* Keynotes and Panels
    * Concerts
    * Hotel Rooms
    * Convention Tournaments
    * Bathrooms

Why is PC Freeplay safe and not console freeplay?

Can one still get secondary points while still "alive?"

Will the large armband fit around a winter jacket that many people might be wearing in March in Boston?

We neglected to add the Console Freeplay areas into the rules last year, but they are considered safe zones and we'll update the rules for future games.

You can do the Secondary Tier at any time regardless of whether you've been assassinated or not.

The large armbands should fit around most anything. Both bands are elastic and adjustable. The large armbands are actually suggested to be used for jackets by the supplier, so this would eb the best fit for that situation.

Note that you're only required to wear the badge while you are in the convention center.
    furtivespy wrote: »
    As for increasing players, perhaps a referral system that after someone refers X number of people they get their next upgrade pack free. - This both promotes more people and gets existing players to come back.

Thanks. That's a great idea! There are some updates coming to the site that should make it easier to add features like this.

MarsChelios on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    AHHHH! So, little time left. I'll be playing. See you all soon.

sum10fishy on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd love to play, but Google Checkout is giving me the business; I just don't use actual credit cards anymore and it won't accept a virtual credit card number from PayPal. Any chance you guys could add a PayPal option? Or will you be signing people up and taking cash at the con?

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    edited February 2010
    Updated OP on the prize for this year. Winner will receive a 3-day ticket to an upcoming PAX of their choosing!

I'll be posting about a contest shortly for people to get some free kits and i'm also looking at ways to make the game last a little longer for players since we'll probably not reach the same size as the West coast game.

MarsChelios on
    edited February 2010
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    I'd love to play, but Google Checkout is giving me the business; I just don't use actual credit cards anymore and it won't accept a virtual credit card number from PayPal. Any chance you guys could add a PayPal option? Or will you be signing people up and taking cash at the con?

We will have some extra kits at the convention. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you an email as we get closer on how to contact me to get one.

MarsChelios on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Awesome, thank you; PM sent.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    When are kits being mailed out? I saw my card was charged, just want to make sure I havent missed somthing in the mail.

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • NESNES Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was browsing these forums to learn more about PAX, (this is my first PAX) and was super exited to see this.
    I'm ordering my kit now, sounds like fun.

NES on
    edited February 2010
    When are kits being mailed out? I saw my card was charged, just want to make sure I havent missed somthing in the mail.

Kits will be mailed 2-3 weeks before the show.
    NES wrote: »
    I was browsing these forums to learn more about PAX, (this is my first PAX) and was super exited to see this.
    I'm ordering my kit now, sounds like fun.

Awesome, great to have you and thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My husband and I are in, as well as a couple of our friends. I'm pretty excited about this.

DreadPirateAmy on
    edited March 2010
    Updated in the list, great to have you in the game!

MarsChelios on
    edited March 2010
    Jumped up to 31 players. WOOT!

MarsChelios on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is this still accurate? I'm flying off to Boston the Saturday before PAX, so I'm slightly concerned that I may not be around to receive it, especially since mail tends to take an extra day or two to get here.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    another rookie joining in...my first pax and my first assassins as well! looking forward to meeting new friends and new victims! ;)

edit: kit purchased! huzzah!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Is this still accurate? I'm flying off to Boston the Saturday before PAX, so I'm slightly concerned that I may not be around to receive it, especially since mail tends to take an extra day or two to get here.
    Question bump.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dya, do you want him to mail it to my house and I just bring it to PAX for you? We're gonna see each other probably Wednesday before the show.

Rdr on
    edited March 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Yes, kits should ship out tomorrow. I can hold it and get it to you at the convention if you dont think it will arrive in time, just send me a PM.
    another rookie joining in...my first pax and my first assassins as well! looking forward to meeting new friends and new victims! ;)

Great! Thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
    edited March 2010
    hey quick Q - is it necessary if you're playing second tier to do the updates as you identify people? or can you just write em all down and update at the end of the day? i imagine it's going to be pretty hard to get good data access with all the smartphones likely to be at pax...

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    edited March 2010
    hey quick Q - is it necessary if you're playing second tier to do the updates as you identify people? or can you just write em all down and update at the end of the day? i imagine it's going to be pretty hard to get good data access with all the smartphones likely to be at pax...

Good question! You can input Primary Kills or Secondary Attacks whenever is convenient for you. Also, we keep the registration system up for Secondary kills for a few days after PAX to allow you to enter any Secondary Attacks you've gathered, though the Primary Kill registration system will be disabled Monday.

MarsChelios on
  • alexithymicalexithymic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Ditto that.

alexithymic on
    edited March 2010

Good question! You can input Primary Kills or Secondary Attacks whenever is convenient for you. Also, we keep the registration system up for Secondary kills for a few days after PAX to allow you to enter any Secondary Attacks you've gathered, though the Primary Kill registration system will be disabled Monday.

good to know, thanks!! :)

browncoatbeth on

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    here comes a new challenger....

I bought a kit. Hope more folks sign up.

macrogeek on
  • HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got kits and registered

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I was about to order kits for me and all my friends today, but I wasnt able to order an upgrade kit along with non upgrade kits... Is there any way for me to do this so that I save money on shipping?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I feel like a total noob, but I'm having trouble registering. I keep running into 404s and sites looking for Wordpress logins. I have no idea what's going on. Halp!

DreadPirateAmy on
    edited March 2010
    You will need to register first this will give you a wordpass account and should be able to order. MarsChelios may have to hand deliver it for you as well. If your still having issues after registration make sure you contact MarsChelios

Singollo on
    edited March 2010
    Just because i haven't seen the topic brought up, what is everyone bringing for loot (for your assassin to loot off of your dead body)? last year, i gave away a PAX 08 Death Adder mouse. Year before it was a FFVII zippo. I haven't decided yet what to bring this year.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.