As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] DE?AD and VI are in a homosexual war of attrition

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a camel being shoved through the eye of a needle.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

Seasons now available on AppleTV: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently five (!) missions happening simultaneously:

[The Deluge Part III] [Viscount Islands]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You've proven your worth to Uriel, but he's made it clear that you work for him. At least you got some sweet new abilities to go with that crushing feeling of hopelessness.
Unlockable Ads: [Reign O'er Me]

[A RAD Letter Day] [Marshmallow]
Estimated Location: The Ruins of Alcatraz
Description: Your body is not designed to handle sub-neural networking, and will begin to fall apart if you don't do something about it. Conquer your own inadequacies and...fuck I dunno, carpe diem or some shit.
Unlockable Ads: [Dopplegangbanger]

[Cecil Reloaded] [VALVEjunkie, Krosius, DontShootToasters, Zanzibar, Lockout, Antimatter, Kueller]
Estimated Location: Off the coast of Argentina
Description: Cecil will not be complete until he can refill his stores of RAD, and discover his place in the Wastes. Cassandra has found a particularly large deposit of RAD coming from the sea floor off of what was once Argentina. SNN communications do not indicate the presence of any terminals there, so it should be safe to explore.
Unlockable Ads: [Steamboat Willie]

[The Bro Just Wants a New Rug, Man] [Dubh, Squall, Tommy2hands, Speed Racer, Shabooty]
Estimated Location: San Francisco
Description:The Bro wants a new rug. Cassandra has mentioned that there is furniture store on the other end of the city that probably would have some rugs.
Unlockable Ads: [Out of Your Element], [Goodnight, Sweet Prince]

[Dan, Interrupted] [Cheeseliker, NeoToma, Raneados, Thor4242, Dux]
Estimated Location:The Canadian Rockies
Description:
Dan has brain problems. More than most, at least. He needs to come to terms with what happened to him if he wants to mend his brain and cure his Legion's Disease in the process. Cassandra has located the mental institution Dan once occupied in the Canadian Rockies. She believes going there may help him face the truth.
Unlockable Ads: [Arkham? I barely knew 'em!]

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.
Unlockable Ads:

[Robots are People Too] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads:

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.
Unlockable Ads:

Ads that we missed the chance to unlock:
[Acrobat], [Death from Above], [Iron Blood], [Expert Forager], [Charmer], [Shank], [Burglar], [Tunnel Lord], [Adept Looter], [No Fear], [Quadrophenia], [Ah yes, "Freakers"], [To Boldly Go], [500 Miles], [Mission from God], [Leave No Man Behind], [Dungeon Master], [Totally Fabulous]

Squall on

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Golden spray all over the new thread. Very good.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Bro]Phys 2 ||COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 5 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR [/B][/COLOR
    Tetsuo[Telekinetic]
    Current Lifting Strength: 1000 Pounds

"Um, nice outfit Jim. Very, uh, retro chic."

Shabooty on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DE?AD wrote:

[Bro]COLOR="Lime"]1[/COLOR
    COLOR="Lime"]4[/COLOR The Bro feels a pulse of energy, but The Bro sustains. He also feels a tap on his arm, but that's probably unrelated.

Dusty gets the Winnebago rolling down the street again.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CRABBY sticks its head out the window, excess paper flapping from its tray in the wind

Squall on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Henry]COLOR="Lime"]5[/COLOR
    [Because you are trying to change me? Because you feel the need to confess your sins? Because you just wanted to brag? Honestly I don't know, Mr. Steadman. You're the sociopath, not me.] Other Henry adjusts his tie again. [To tell you the truth, I... was never very good at my job. People disliked me, resented my questions. It had to be done, of course, both for myself and the government, but it was never easy.

[Still, I had a house in the suburbs, a daughter, and woman who loved me - that's the American Dream, isn't it? I was happy, I suppose.] He shrugs. [Then again, maybe I... wasn't. Maybe I didn't. Maybe this is all your imagination, and I am nothing more than you, telling yourself you were a man once. Maybe you are the real Henry, and I am the coping mechanism. Who's to say, really?]

[Bro]COLOR="Lime"]2[/COLOR
    The Winnebago chugs down the street, straining against the incline until it reaches an intersection and a slight leveling-off of the road. The town looks abandoned, shop windows empty, not a sound on the streets.

DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bro

"Jesus man, you got to fuckin' give us more warning than that," The Bro muttered as he set t'work makin' a drink t'replace the one that was now a puddle on th'floor. He turned a perplexed eye to Jimothy.

"Uhm... are we really gonna have the kid walk around like that?

...Why the fuck's the kid with us anyway?"

Speed Racer on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DE?AD how exactly should I go about using Connected. Should I just write the character I want help from into the story or what?

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    [Bro]

"Empty." Dusty slows the Winnebago, a little, reading some of store names. "Nee-ed gun stores. Police station. Food. Rug also important. Make into shopping trip." He completely takes his goggles off the road to answer the Bro. "Party rogue. Lo-o-ockpicking skill. Trap detection. Sympathy votes."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey Squall, I think Anti and Nolan are in Cecil's mission.

Also: The Iron Clap ships out tonight! I want it to ship out so badly.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited March 2010
    DE?AD how exactly should I go about using Connected. Should I just write the character I want help from into the story or what?

Just be as vague as possible, basically. "I know a guy who owns a local bar," or the like.

DE?AD on
    edited March 2010
    "Okay, well, I guess uh... I guess that makes sense. But why the fuck are we dressing him up like a fuckin' male stripper?"

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    Hey Squall, I think Anti and Nolan are in Cecil's mission.

Also: The Iron Clap ships out tonight! I want it to ship out so badly.

cool thanks I couldn't remember which mission they chose

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »

Just be as vague as possible, basically. "I know a guy who owns a local bar," or the like.

Alright cool.

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    "Okay, well, I guess uh... I guess that makes sense. But why the fuck are we dressing him up like a fuckin' male stripper?"

"A what? Explain."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I desperately wish [Connected] now required the phrase: "I know a guy who owns a local bar," to activate.

Just, anywhere and any situation, there is a local bar that is owned by a dude you know.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited March 2010
    de?ad can I get that advanced forcefield ad?

there were no problems with it, right?

Shabooty on
    edited March 2010
    That reminds me...

[Bro]
    As the conversation continues, CRABBY notices that a rather seedy looking bar just past the intersection still seems to have its light on. Hell, it's even got a "open" sign in its band fliers and public notices.

Sure, Shaboot.

DE?AD on
    edited March 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

"A what? Explain."

The Bro stared at Dusty for a good long while, his lips quiverin' as though they couldn't decide what words t'form.

"...You know what just fuckin'... nevermind man.

Hey... hey wait a second I remember now! A buddy of mine moved to San Fran just a short time before the, you know before shit hit the uh, the fan. Good guy, we used to bowl together. If we can find him maybe he could uh, you know help show us around.

'Course, I guess that's assuming he's not some kind of, like, fuckin' giraffe hybrid or whatever the fuck."

Using Connected to hopefully meet someone helpful.

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    You fools about to fight Jo'Marli epitaph.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited March 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    You fools about to fight Jo'Marli epitaph.

SHUT UP DONNY

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited March 2010
    CRABBY excitedly points out the pub they just passed, motioning Dusty to slow down

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    mute is really going to hurt me on this mission

no other robits

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    [The Bro]

Dusty snaps his goggles back to the road, swerves around a fire extinguisher, and slams over the curb, coming to a complete stop. "Could ask directions." He bows his head at Crabby and opens the door, stepping out into the crisp, morning air.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited March 2010
    "Whoa!" The Bro went a'tumblin' t'the ground once more, again spillin' his White Russian everywhere.

"Oh fuck you Dusty."

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    "Seat belt fatalities tragic and unnecessary. For own safety grrrrk rrrrvrrnrr krrrk kt," says Dusty, as he descends into the bar.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited March 2010
    Chet is quickly learning how to use his telekinesis as a shock absorber.

Shabooty on
    edited March 2010
    Wait a second.

What the fuck were we thinking putting two people with Hard Knock Life on the same mission.

Speed Racer on
    edited March 2010
    [The Bro]
    [CRABBY] Phys 4 [x2 Agility] Soc 2 [] Ment 3 [] RAD []
    Hookshot: [W+2][Slowing Frost: -1 to dice results for one turn: 5+, 5+; Distracting: -1 to dice pool for one turn: 6,6]
    Speed (40 MPH)

CRABBY skitters up to the second story window and peers in to identify any threats

Squall on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Raider Camp]
    [Henry Phys 2 Soc 4 Ment 2 RAD BS||||||]COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ICC[/COLOR

Brag? Kinda hard to brag to yourself, I'd just prefer that both of me are on the same page. Gratuitous, ill-thought-out character development is the order of the day, every day.

[You're too quick to dismiss yourself, perhaps [I]you[/I] needed [I]me[/I] to keep you alive until we got to this point. A mask that could let you do the things you couldn't. You wear a mask long enough, you start to become that mask, Henry. And if no one ever sees the face behind it, well, who are you then?]

[Tell me about our wife, Henry, our little girl. What do you remember of them?]

Marshmallow on
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Cecil's 7]

As soon as everyone is on board Lil' Chuck makes sure to put on his seatbelt.

Safety first!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited March 2010
    so are we just leaving wolf behind, or will scarlet just retcon him into a mission once he can post

Squall on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    retcon

at least that's how it worked in the past

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    [Bro]
    The bar's door swings open easily, revealing a rather dimly lit interior, with a sparse, rather utilitarian layout. Bottles of various colors and shapes line the mirrored back wall behind the counter, a large model space-ship mounted just above them. It isn't an Enterprise or a Millennium Falcon, so it must be from one of those really obscure, embarrassing series.

A man stands behind the counter. He's wiry for a bartender, with stern, yet somehow calm, benign, features. He doesn't look like he could be more than twenty-eight or so, but something about his movements make him seem much older. "Well, aren't you worthless, festering cock-sores a sight for my old syphilis ruined eyes" he says cheerfully, motioning to the bar stools. "Have a seat, I'll get you a drink."

CRABBY identifies no threats or second stories on the building.

[Cecil]
    Everyone ready? Who's piloting this bitch?

[Henry]
    Other Henry reaches into his pocket and retrieves his wallet, pulling out a photo and handing it to Henry. A brunette with plain, yet pleasant features smiles at the camera, holding a swaddled baby in her arms. She has kind eyes, and her smile is warm. [That's them, as far as I know. There is little certainty in my, in our, existence.

The back of the photo reads "Armsfeld Park" in swirly handwriting. Not yours. There's a date below the location, but it's smudged beyond recognition. [We were happy, I believe. Contented, before the Crash. Before... all... this. That is what my mind, what your mind tells me. Of course, your wallet doesn't have that picture, does it, Mr. Steadman?] He flips out the wallet again and looks over it. [This isn't even our wallet, this is Dr. Adlers. Though I suppose it suits our purposes for now.

[We still have not reached the answer, Mr. Steadman, to my previous question. You do not want those things - shelter, food, air, happiness - you need those things, and they are so base as to make them meaningless as a reason. That is life, Mr. Steadman, the question is... Why do you live?]

DE?AD on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Alcatraz] [Jack Helical] Phys 4 (x2dice)(x2)color=royalblue]\\[/color][color=red][/color Soc 2 color=red][/color Ment 3 []
    |||-[/color

[Huge]
    [Super-Agility](1 rank)
    [Natural Weapon](Brutal)[W+3][+4: 6,6,6]
    [Natural Armor](2 ranks)
    [RADrenaline]
    [Speed(30mph)]
    [Brutal Attack]

Jack looks down to Jen from the top of the tank

What about bringing both?
    he asks

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    oh hey Rel what's up

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    [Dan]
    "God, what happened to your voice, dude? Jeezus, sounds like you gargled with asphalt." She shakes her head. "Whatever. We could take both, but my tank is faster than this thing in the air. It'd just slow those of us on my girl down."

DE?AD on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    B]Deluge[/B
    THM: | Phys 5:[] Soc 1:[] Ment 3:[] Rad:[\\|||]

[Rad Barrier]

"Understandin' a the situation's never been the issue, but...." Did I hear that correctly? "What's that I hear." I smile. I slowly narrow my eyes as I say these words: "Are. You. Mad?" I look him in the eyes, or what passes fer 'em on this abomination. "Do I make ya angry, Uriel. Do I fill ya with so much generic rage, Uriel. 'S not very superior, not the behavior a one who thinks hisself above such petty human things."

I pause, my smile disappears for a moment. "Or...." I smile again as I look over my shoulder, "Is it him, Uriel. Does he make ya angry. Does he make ya wanna grab him, touch him. Does he appear in yer thoughts when ya don't wan' him to." I stroke his cheek with one a my fingers. "Are dem times when ya touch him, more than jus' simple scans, Uriel?" I laugh at him. "Yer pathetic, Uriel. Yer more like us shaved monkeys then ya'd like ta admit."

I look him straight in the eyes again, my smile fadin'. "One more thing..." I spit the douchebag in the face, "Fuck you too." I push his arm away.

Dux on
    edited March 2010
    rane your speed is 40 mph now that you increased your phys

Squall on
    edited March 2010
    [Alcatraz] [Jack Helical] Phys 4 (x2dice)(x2)color=royalblue]\\[/color][color=red][/color Soc 2 color=red][/color Ment 3 []
    |||-[/color

[Huge]
    [Super-Agility](1 rank)
    [Natural Weapon](Brutal)[W+3][+4: 6,6,6]
    [Natural Armor](2 ranks)
    [RADrenaline]
    [Speed(40mph)]
    [Brutal Attack]

Jack ponders for a while before speaking again

I vote tank. Mothertrucker may be too unwieldy for this sort of thing

He pauses again

In any case, I'll be on Ruby. If we get there first, we can scout out this asylum

edit ty squall

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    Dux, I am trying very hard to come up with a reason Uriel wouldn't just turn you into wall at this point.

I am trying so hard.

DE?AD on
This discussion has been closed.