Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tam is a Silly [Chat]

2456763

Posts

  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    200px-Reversescubasuit.png
    Spoiler:

    Wernstrom!

    JcZ8JIM.png
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Any word on the silly goose mandate being replaced?

    Not that I know of but I kind of like it. It especially keeps the debate in D&D even more civil. I'm sure SE++ has benefited from it as well.

    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    If someone would like to be my race sponsor, please buy me this car and I will put your logo on it somewhere:

    x11chcr001opt.jpg

    I will only sponsor you if you can answer me these questions 3.

    1. What is your favorite color?
    2. What type of racing are you planning on doing?
    3. What are the correct rims to use for this car?

    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    SE just reads really surreally now. Geese everywhere.

    That place is a mere shadow of what it was five years ago. I for one miss the flagrant abuse.

  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My laptop just shipped! This will be the first one I've ever owned!

    So now I have to get a satchel for it. ANY TIPS?

    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    If someone would like to be my race sponsor, please buy me this car and I will put your logo on it somewhere:

    x11chcr001opt.jpg

    I will only sponsor you if you can answer me these questions 3.

    1. What is your favorite color?
    2. What type of racing are you planning on doing?
    3. What are the correct rims to use for this car?

    1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.
    3. Correct rims? Well I think racing slicks are more common in 18" sizes, so it would be helpful to have an 18" rim for the car, but the 15.5" rotors won't clear most 18" wheels. I think CCW makes a wheel that will clear the rotors/calipers.

    ps - I can't afford tires or brakes either. So please include extras. Thanks!

    signature-sir.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    My laptop just shipped! This will be the first one I've ever owned!

    So now I have to get a satchel for it. ANY TIPS?

    You will be tempted to buy something ultra-padded and secure, to keep the precious laptop alive and well. Don't. You will ifnd that the ultra-padding reduces the usable space inside the bag to next to nothing, while making the whole contraption cumbersome and annoying to carry around.

    After this, you will be tempted to buy something sleek and simple, barely bigger than the computer itself. Don't. You will drop it in an airport and the lack of padding will mean you irretrievably damage the casing.

    Basically I have no useful advice on the matter.

  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tynic wrote: »
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    My laptop just shipped! This will be the first one I've ever owned!

    So now I have to get a satchel for it. ANY TIPS?

    You will be tempted to buy something ultra-padded and secure, to keep the precious laptop alive and well. Don't. You will ifnd that the ultra-padding reduces the usable space inside the bag to next to nothing, while making the whole contraption cumbersome and annoying to carry around.

    After this, you will be tempted to buy something sleek and simple, barely bigger than the computer itself. Don't. You will drop it in an airport and the lack of padding will mean you irretrievably damage the casing.

    Basically I have no useful advice on the matter.

    My advice to you would be to stop owning laptops. Try to do your mobile computing on a phone or etch-a-sketch!

    Dirty Vag, is this the bag you use?

    Manufactum-Swiss-Army_AD67AA92.jpg

    I think that'd be pretty cool because it'd make you feel like field medic. But awkward if someone actually needs medical attention.

    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • bombardierbombardier mr. mully Vancouver, BCSuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    You could whip out your LAPTOP and look up first aid on the INTERNET.

  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    My advice to you would be to stop owning laptops. Try to do your mobile computing on a phone or etch-a-sketch!

    Yes, me and laptops have a sad history. But I also recently left my ipod in Belgium, so that's not working out particularly well either.

    edit: I found this while searching for awesome laptop bags. How do you feel about the awkward hunchback look?

    built-laptop-backpack.jpg

  • NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why do I always seem to get art-job requests in waves? hurf hurf

    rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You just lost a little respect.

    JcZ8JIM.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    You just lost a little respect.

    hahahaha...hey...hey man, you want to see examples of the posts I'm referring to? :P
    Spoiler:

    rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Tube's Favorite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    You just lost a little respect.

    hahahaha...hey...hey man, you want to see examples of the posts I'm referring to? :P
    Spoiler:

    what's this all about?

  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Respect -1

    RESPECT: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||--|

    JcZ8JIM.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For those of you who like to use textures:

    Hella-freakin' textures, here: http://lostandtaken.com/ :)

    what's this all about?

    Forbe's makin' fun of me hatin' on people I'm Facebook friends with.

    rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    You just lost a little respect.

    hahahaha...hey...hey man, you want to see examples of the posts I'm referring to? :P
    Spoiler:

    what's this all about?

    I'm not sure I want to know.

  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm gettin' all meta on y'all.

    JcZ8JIM.png
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User
    edited March 2010
    I went to get something from the printer at work this morning and there was a moose outside the window mowing down on our half buried rosebush. It was just kind of looking at me and the other two reporters and chewing. It was like it was reading over our shoulders and judging.

  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the link, ND.

    signature-sir.png
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't actually have anyone here linked to my facebook.

    I became a 'fan' of lexxy I guess. If that counts.

  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think i'm FB friends with two people here. I'm about 90% certain both have forgotten who I am in the "real world".

    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Tube's Favorite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    what's this all about?

    Forbe's makin' fun of me hatin' on people I'm Facebook friends with.

    You're friends with those people?

  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    I went to get something from the printer at work this morning and there was a moose outside the window mowing down on our half buried rosebush. It was just kind of looking at me and the other two reporters and chewing. It was like it was reading over our shoulders and judging.

    Don't fuck with moose. I'm sure you already know, but they will fuck your shit up.

  • Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Go Moose Go!

    Guess who finally woke up from his coma. Stupid 16 hour days.

  • NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You're friends with those people?

    Not really. Being "Facebook friends olol" is more of a gesture than anything else, in these cases. Keeping the peace if I happen to see them randomly again, somewhere, which does happen.

    I was "friendly", or a "friendly acquaintance" to these people awhile back...and yes, actual friends with a few of them....but then a handful slowly warped into...other people. :? A few others are friends-of-friends that I've gotten along with well enough the few times I've seen them in person...and rejecting their request would be "serious social dramas". It's really not worth the trouble, unless I really, really dislike the person, and won't be seeing them all that frequently. I avoid causing pointless social upset, even if the reasoning behind it is idiotic and its occurrence would otherwise be out of my control.

    rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    I went to get something from the printer at work this morning and there was a moose outside the window mowing down on our half buried rosebush. It was just kind of looking at me and the other two reporters and chewing. It was like it was reading over our shoulders and judging.

    Don't fuck with moose. I'm sure you already know, but they will fuck your shit up.

    Not my first moose!

    And yes, yes they can. This one looks like it had been recently injured too. It was getting around just fine but there was definitely a patch hair sheered off and some blood frozen to its haunches.

  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why do I always seem to get art-job requests in waves? hurf hurf

    This always happens.

    After getting laid off, for the past six months I've only had a couple smatterings of freelance.
    Then in the past two weeks I've had 5 interviews, two large art tests, more emails coming in asking questions about me, etc etc etc.

    It all hits at once! Its the same thing with my wife too - she gets long droughts and then suddenly she has to turn down work because shes so busy. Then a drought again.

  • NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why do I always seem to get art-job requests in waves? hurf hurf

    This always happens.

    After getting laid off, for the past six months I've only had a couple smatterings of freelance.
    Then in the past two weeks I've had 5 interviews, two large art tests, more emails coming in asking questions about me, etc etc etc.

    It all hits at once! Its the same thing with my wife too - she gets long droughts and then suddenly she has to turn down work because shes so busy. Then a drought again.

    I can't wait to graduate, haha - I'll actually be able to accept more of these requests!.....also, I can try landing a real, genuine, in-a-company job, rather than doing random, short-term freelance projects. I'd really enjoy knowing that "hey, you're on the job for the next year". Consistency, woo!

    :D ! D: ! :D !

    rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.
    3. Correct rims? Well I think racing slicks are more common in 18" sizes, so it would be helpful to have an 18" rim for the car, but the 15.5" rotors won't clear most 18" wheels. I think CCW makes a wheel that will clear the rotors/calipers.

    ps - I can't afford tires or brakes either. So please include extras. Thanks!

    1.Ok
    2. That is a somewhat horrible idea. An elise would be a better autoX car because the metric fuck tons of power the covertte puts out makes it somewhat difficult to autoX. A corvette is made more for track racing.
    3. SSRs competition wheels would be the correct answer.

    NO SPONSORSHIP FOR YOU!

    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am tired. Also I need a haircut.

    skype: rtschutter
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Tube's Favorite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I am tired. Also I need a haircut.

    well go to the barber and fall asleep in the chair. Everything should work itself out.

  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.
    3. Correct rims? Well I think racing slicks are more common in 18" sizes, so it would be helpful to have an 18" rim for the car, but the 15.5" rotors won't clear most 18" wheels. I think CCW makes a wheel that will clear the rotors/calipers.

    ps - I can't afford tires or brakes either. So please include extras. Thanks!

    1.Ok
    2. That is a somewhat horrible idea. An elise would be a better autoX car because the metric fuck tons of power the covertte puts out makes it somewhat difficult to autoX. A corvette is made more for track racing.
    3. SSRs competition wheels would be the correct answer.

    NO SPONSORSHIP FOR YOU!

    Well I don't mean autocrossing among cones in a parking lot. I mean autocrossing at Road America in WI, Gingerman Raceway in MI and the Autobahn in Joliet, IL.

    I can't confirm whether or not the SSRs would clear the brake hardware. But they do have some nice wheels.

    signature-sir.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the correct answer is SPINNAZ

    JKKaAGp.png
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arg! I'm having an argument with my mum who refuses to accept that our doctor could be wrong and that most cases of tonsilitis are actually caused by viruses and therefore will not be affected by antibiotics. He didn't even look in my throat.

    She's also tried to argue that your lymph nodes wouldn't be enlarged due to a cold. :?

  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Tube's Favorite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    Arg! I'm having an argument with my mum who refuses to accept that our doctor could be wrong and that most cases of tonsilitis are actually caused by viruses and therefore will not be affected by antibiotics. He didn't even look in my throat.

    She's also tried to argue that your lymph nodes wouldn't be enlarged due to a cold. :?

    Just take your goddamn antibiotics and quit whining.

  • The One 52The One 52 Registered User
    edited March 2010
    I saw this yesterday and it made me happy. Thank you, Nexus ad!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ETSvTAo4A

    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey hey, I'm not refusing, but I still think they're unnecessary.

This discussion has been closed.