As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yall wrote: »
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    Argh. I only ever seem to end up in pubbie squads that are all recons who would rather kill people from far away than cap/defend mcomm stations.

Anyone looking for an objective minded, any class playing squad mate, feel free to friends list me,

brautigan219 on the xbox 360.

On a side note, I dont think Ive enjoyed anything more than ive enjoyed making my own doors with the 40 mm as an assault. Going from building to building blowing open walls makes me ha-ha-ha-happy

I'll defintely friend you. I like playing on the 360 save for the fact that no one seems to use mics anymore. Makes it hard to play as a team.

Yeah, ive had that exact same problem. "Hey guys, we should probably, you know, defend those mcomm stations huh? Guys? Guys? ........Im so cold and lonely"

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone have the iPod App that keeps your stats? I got it but it just says the EA stats server is down. Yet- I can get the stats for my sig... What gives?

Sharp10r on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Crash to desktop, can't log on again, rage against EA

Quick, raise the Gustav signal!
    gustavshocked.jpg

EA DID WHAT?

I wish I would have found this for the dome server banner... or maybe I can just make a second one.
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    I think he is busy cutting line in a Boy Scout buffet.

I have to admit: when I first read this before clicking on the spoiler, I expected to see him actually eating boy scouts.

DietarySupplement on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yall wrote: »
    Argh. I only ever seem to end up in pubbie squads that are all recons who would rather kill people from far away than cap/defend mcomm stations.

Anyone looking for an objective minded, any class playing squad mate, feel free to friends list me,

brautigan219 on the xbox 360.

On a side note, I dont think Ive enjoyed anything more than ive enjoyed making my own doors with the 40 mm as an assault. Going from building to building blowing open walls makes me ha-ha-ha-happy

I'll defintely friend you. I like playing on the 360 save for the fact that no one seems to use mics anymore. Makes it hard to play as a team.

Yeah, ive had that exact same problem. "Hey guys, we should probably, you know, defend those mcomm stations huh? Guys? Guys? ........Im so cold and lonely"

I tend to plan certain times to play with RL friends because I can't stand the randoms.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would totally pay 9.99 european fun buxx * current exchange rate for 1943. Even if I only played it once. I just couldn't get over the controls on the console, but I really wanted to like it.

DietarySupplement on
  • shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm on the PA Battlefield meta tag, but I haven't been able to play because of work/school/gf/house crap. As soon as I get some free time I'll be on and be happy to play with you guys.

shorttimin on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be gone for a couple of days

so if you guys wanna get added

I'd PM me tonight

Zen Vulgarity on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hurghh I have sniping down to a damn science on that fall stage w/ the 2 blackhawks attacking the island. I went 10/0 popping heads on that first part. Ton of marksman points.

BlindPsychic on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Stolly wrote: »
    Jast wrote: »
    1943 is never coming to the PC, right?

Probaly not. Now that I think of it, it seemed like a test run for them to try out their new ideas. It was a very good test though, and before BC2 came out I would say it was the best MP game on Xbox.

Well, in my LE box for the PC version of BC2 I got a promotional leaflet that stated 1943 is coming "soon" , with PC enhanced features, and some pricing information.

It was announced but unlikely.

They no longer support the 360 version and will probably take it offline in a year.

Which is fine.

It was a good game but BC2 really wipes the floor with it.

Sheep on
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loving this game so far. I tend to play single-player games like Europa Universalis, Borderlands, and Mass Effect. This is actually my first multiplayer FPS since Quake days, so my FPS skills are horribly lacking, as many of you know by now. It seems many of you have been playing this series from the very beginning and it shows. I really want to fix this. :?

I can get kills okay with CG, 40mm, and to a certain extent, M60s. I can usually make a helicopter move around without flipping upside-down. But if it weren't for these "OP" weapons, I don't know if I'd get many kills at all (which simply drives me to use above weapons exclusively for self-defense)

I'd like to be able to kill people from more than 6 feet away. Meanwhile I constantly get owned by tiny little blips in the distance with SMGs or some other "mid-range" weapon.

I've tried red dots, 4x scopes, short bursts, quick single shots... Any general tips, guys? I don't give a shit about my k/d ratio, and I don't have any illusions of being able to dominate scoreboards, but I would like to be sure that I am a valuable part of my team for every game.

You all are probably just going to say "experience", right?

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    What side of a Blackhawk does the pilot sit on? Left side when looking at it from the front?

Echo on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What side of a Blackhawk does the pilot sit on? Left side when looking at it from the front?

Yes.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah left side, IIRC.

Ranced on
    edited March 2010
    cm83 wrote: »
    I've tried red dots, 4x scopes, short bursts, quick single shots... Any general tips, guys? I don't give a shit about my k/d ratio, and I don't have any illusions of being able to dominate scoreboards, but I would like to be sure that I am a valuable part of my team for every game.

Experience helps. Weapons didn't really click for me either until a dozen games in, and now I can at least give snipers at almost-long distances some headache, if not kill them.

Echo on
  • SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loving this game so far. I tend to play single-player games like Europa Universalis, Borderlands, and Mass Effect. This is actually my first multiplayer FPS since Quake days, so my FPS skills are horribly lacking, as many of you know by now. It seems many of you have been playing this series from the very beginning and it shows. I really want to fix this. :?

I can get kills okay with CG, 40mm, and to a certain extent, M60s. I can usually make a helicopter move around without flipping upside-down. But if it weren't for these "OP" weapons, I don't know if I'd get many kills at all (which simply drives me to use above weapons exclusively for self-defense)

I'd like to be able to kill people from more than 6 feet away. Meanwhile I constantly get owned by tiny little blips in the distance with SMGs or some other "mid-range" weapon.

Are you bursting? It seems like you can only kill people close to you. The burst length depends on the gun type, but you should only be letting out a couple of shots at a time. The only exception would be the medic lmgs which become more accurate the longer you shoot them (they'll get a 'smoother' sound), although i still burst these too.

Also if you're trying to shoot a guy pretty far away, it helps if you mark him. You can use that red triangle to make sure you're actually shooting at the right spot.

A friend of mine who hasn't played since BF Vietnam (and only skirmished with his little brother) had a lot of issues getting used to the weapons. After a day or 2 of playing though he was fine. He found playing recon to help him a lot - apparently only being able to shoot 1 bullet really helps you get the whole aiming thing down.

Sherlok on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Drop ammo, revive people, drop health, repair vehicles, lay down mines, set traps with C4, spot, spot, spot and finally, just keep practicing. Lord knows I suck horribly at all other FPS games, but I'm still able to maintain a good score on this despite playing on 400 - 300 ping servers. Burst fire to the torso is the key to quick takedowns.

Warcry on
    edited March 2010
    Oh Okie, I shoot you a lot from far away

BlindPsychic on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry,is your sig broken? It says you only have "2 days" of playtime. Hasn't the game been out for 7 days now?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Do you travel in a squad or by yourself? I typically squad up with a friend or two and we all stick together (assault, medic, engineer). I find I live much, much longer (and so do they!) when moving as a unit VS. solo.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited March 2010
    And a note on recons: if you keep the button held down after a shot with the bolt-action rifles, you'll stay scoped so you can see how you hit instead of instantly unzooming to chamber a new round.

Echo on
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I tried recon and realized that I kept moving up, closer to the battlelines. I could get plenty of kills from the rear with the rest of the snipers, but I didn't feel involved with the fight. It was kind of boring. It'll be nice to unlock a battle rifle or have the garand turned on. That should make a decent recon build that's not full on pussy.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Warcry,is your sig broken? It says you only have "2 days" of playtime. Hasn't the game been out for 7 days now?

Steam says 86 hours. Though that means total time running the application. That two days and seven hours means I've played at least 55 hours ingame.

The only thing left for me to max out is the engy.

Warcry on
    edited March 2010
    ...This is actually my first multiplayer FPS since Quake days...
    I can get kills okay with CG, 40mm, and to a certain extent, M60s.

Damning stuff, here.

DietarySupplement on
    edited March 2010

Damning stuff, here.

Rocket launcher, nade launcher, super nail gun?

BlindPsychic on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

Do you travel in a squad or by yourself? I typically squad up with a friend or two and we all stick together (assault, medic, engineer). I find I live much, much longer (and so do they!) when moving as a unit VS. solo.

Being in a squad makes all the difference in this game, yeah. Hell, it doesn't matter if you don't talk, the ability to spawn on each other is important enough to warrant it alone.

Ranced on
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hazywater wrote: »
    I tried recon and realized that I kept moving up, closer to the battlelines. I could get plenty of kills from the rear with the rest of the snipers, but I didn't feel involved with the fight. It was kind of boring. It'll be nice to unlock a battle rifle or have the garand turned on. That should make a decent recon build that's not full on pussy.

Shotguns are an Assault Recon's friend. The SAIGA will become your LORD GOD.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    edited March 2010

Damning stuff, here.

Rocket launcher, nade launcher, super nail gun?

Not quite...

Just hope Zen doesn't see this.

DietarySupplement on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What is this red triangle spotting thing you speak of? That sounds very useful.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Would any of you fellas be interested in making me a custom image for my BC2 sig?

Sheep on
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AntiQuo wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the best will always be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gylo7Ak6z3Y

thank you for correcting the others

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
    edited March 2010

You do get the Vintorez eventually. It's an AS Val with a scope slapped on.

Echo on
  • strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Would any of you fellas be interested in making me a custom image for my BC2 sig?

But the one you have is so classy and full of character

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

When you hit Q when targeting an enemy (or group of enemies) it throws a red triangle over their head that'll track them as long as someone has LOS on them (I think). It shows through buildings/walls/etc and your team can see it.

The most useful thing you can do in the game. Period.

Sherlok on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

You do get the Vintorez eventually. It's an AS Val with a scope slapped on.

You also unlock a red dot and 4x scope earlier which you can slap on the type 88 and go to town.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sherlok wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

When you hit Q when targeting an enemy (or group of enemies) it throws a red triangle over their head that'll track them as long as someone has LOS on them (I think). It shows through buildings/walls/etc and your team can see it.

The most useful thing you can do in the game. Period.

Yep, that sounds pretty awesome. So awesome that every team based FPS from now on should have it.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't thank you guys enough for posting the 1942 theme. I've had it in my head for months--the better half of a year, even--and I couldn't place it. I kept thinking it must be from a movie, The Gladiator or Pirates of the Caribbean or something.

wonderpug on
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd be happy to use less OP guns if I could hit the broad-side of a barn with them. I can 40mm a guy that I can barely see on the first or second shot, but don't stand a chance with an SMG unless I get the drop on him at this point.

Take any shooter out there.
    Throw a noob in with a bunch of experienced players.
    Said noob will experiment with all the weapons until they find one that kills stuff most of the time.

That's why everyone uses CGs, 40mm grenades, and M60s. They work. I'm trying to learn not to rely on them so much and use guns that don't piss everyone off so much, but most people don't bother. It's not intentional griefing or trying to annoy anyone.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hurghh I have sniping down to a damn science on that fall stage w/ the 2 blackhawks attacking the island. I went 10/0 popping heads on that first part. Ton of marksman points.

Thats cuz you hide on that silly little island and keep making me swim across when I spawn on you. ;)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking about getting this game for the PS3. What's it like compared to Battlefield 2 on the computer? Also, are there customizable weapons and an easy-to-join squad system? Do you get blown up by vehicles incessently like in BF2?

I played a lot of infantry only on the PC and it was pretty solid. I'm not one to bitch about camping in MW2 because of games like BF2 on the PC. Taking a tank, helicopter, or airplane was the epitomie of camping.

I really want to know if it's like BF2 and if it has customizablew eapons. I watched a few gameplay demos and it looks like BF2 with destructible enviornments... and iron sights on all weapons but the sniper rifles. Speaking of which, are sniper rifles one hit kills now? In BF2 they only did 95/100 damage, so unless you shot someone in the head sniper rifles were 2 hit kills.

Black Ice on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can select squadmates to see where they are before you spawn.

This does not apply to other recons btw, esp the ones that like to spawn on top of me while I am hidden halfway across the map spotting people, and then proceed to try to empty their clip as fast as possible, giving away position.

edit: gun customization does not exist like it does in MW2. You basically pick a primary, secondary, gadget (c4, mortars etc), and then a few perk like options such as "4x scope, medkits heal faster".

If you want a silencer on your gun you pick a silenced gun.

The squad system is easy to use, you are prompted to join one when you start a game and you can move around to open ones when spawning.

I *think* the only 1 hit kill body shot sniper rifle is the M95 with magnum ammo, i haven't personally unlocked it yet to try this. The rest require headshots.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
This discussion has been closed.