As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The West Coast Server sucks, it's always full of pubs.

tofu on
  • TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Right, the Recon is a combo of the old Sniper and Spec Ops class, so it has mortar strikes, C4, and motion detectors. This doesn't stop 90% of recon players from sitting on a cliff trying their best to shoot that guy way on the other side of the map

Sometimes I make the enemy team lose by fake raging in global chat about how effective their snipers are. Next thing you know their offensive ability completely folds as the nubs switch over to sniping. :mrgreen:

TekDragon on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    The RPG-7 definitely downs Blackhawks on the first hit. The CG is slightly less effective for destroying the helo outright.
    Oh, totally. My problem is that it doesn't immediately asplode; my heart always sinks a bit when I watch five guys bail out of my beautiful plan to end their lives.

Does wearing the chopper down with machine gun fire help? Will it blow up immediately if hit by an RPG when it has like 20hp left?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TekDragon wrote: »
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Right, the Recon is a combo of the old Sniper and Spec Ops class, so it has mortar strikes, C4, and motion detectors. This doesn't stop 90% of recon players from sitting on a cliff trying their best to shoot that guy way on the other side of the map

Sometimes I make the enemy team lose by fake raging in global chat about how effective their snipers are. Next thing you know their offensive ability completely folds as the nubs switch over to sniping. :mrgreen:

You are a genius. I must try this.

vallav on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, if the damn searching for games is gonna suck so bad, LET PEOPLE CREATE THEIR OWN SERVERS!!!! This is frigging terrible. For every good night of games I get, I get 2 that are complete shit! So infuriating!

DrunkMc on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dusda wrote: »
    Mechanical wrote: »
    The RPG-7 definitely downs Blackhawks on the first hit. The CG is slightly less effective for destroying the helo outright.
    Oh, totally. My problem is that it doesn't immediately asplode; my heart always sinks a bit when I watch five guys bail out of my beautiful plan to end their lives.

Does wearing the chopper down with machine gun fire help? Will it blow up immediately if hit by an RPG when it has like 20hp left?

No, like, if you hit the chopper at all with any AT weapon, it's a 1-hit-destroy. The game gives you about 3 seconds after the rocket impacts to jump out before you die from the explosion. Most of the time they die as they fall to the ground, easy pickings for the 15 other people who just saw you hit a helicopter with a rocket.

edit: but now that I've reread your question; no. It will never immediately explode, but you can shoot the guys as they fall out!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Kaz71Kaz71 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, a little BC2 math problem I just solved.

Main gun of a tank + Fully crewed enemy Blackhawk tearing ass towards your base = so much win it's barely containable in the realm of awesomeness.

......and the twisting, burning wreckage managing to splat manz on the way down? Extra credit!

I. Love. This. Game.

Kaz71 on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Huh oddest thing for me happened. Thought I got an invite from PA dudes but it was some guy just browsing the leader boards and picked me to ask how to be a Battlefield vet. Cool guy and we played a few.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really love that choppers are vulnerable in this game. I remember all the times I'd wait patiently for a blackhawk or cobra to come into range of my tank's main gun and I'd nail them, but then they'd just shrug it off like it was nothing.

TwistedJester on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goddamn do I love AT mines. Running around the battlefield, decorating it with explosive discs, and getting a bunch of kills 10 minutes later is really satisfying.

Ranced on
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really love that choppers are vulnerable in this game. I remember all the times I'd wait patiently for a blackhawk or cobra to come into range of my tank's main gun and I'd nail them, but then they'd just shrug it off like it was nothing.

If a UAV rams a blackhawk the UAV shouldn't fly away unscathed though, if hitting a tree blows one up I could think hitting a chopper would too

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • BeriBeri Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like how you can drop a healybox as a medic then respawn as a different class and still get mad healypoints for ages cause the box stays

Beri on
    WHAT THE EFFFFFFF
  • BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So yeah, aimbots, wooo boy! I called out an assault tonight that just looked too suspicious (28/2 at the time, ended up 35/5 or something). He actually said "Punkbuster would kick me if I had an aimbot" and one of his clan toadies stood up for him. Then he goes on to say "I'm just that good, you guys should watch your corners and blind spots better". MMMMHMMMM

So I look him up. Dude has a 1.3 k/d average and is rank 16. Not after tonight I'm betting! Money well spent!

Can't say I've seen many legit 8:1 players.. much less an assault.

Boogdud on
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I apologize to all people that get stuck in a squad with me.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Was this posted yet? official BC2 twitter account says servers will be down tomorrow and saturday morning for hardware install:
    OfficialBFBC2
    EA servers will come down tomorrow and Saturday morning to install extra hardware to improve your online experience. http://bit.ly/duCkNp

twmjr on
  • Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Boogdud wrote: »

You'd be surprised how stupid most people are in this game. Medic man trains plus 40mms equals 8:1.

Magic Radio on
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm at college right now.

Man, hate that Medic doesn't start with healthpacks and paddles. Gotta get like, 567890 points before you can unlock both. :(

But I love killing enemy medics and picking up their kit. Why unlock it myself when I can kill someone else who did and take their gadgets. Do I get points towards that class for rezzing dudes even if I spawn as Engineer?

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You'd be surprised how stupid most people are in this game. Medic man trains plus 40mms equals 8:1.

No, I'm plenty stupid in the game, and I see many like me ;)

But going 30/3 and 35/5 in Rush of all things (not like he can camp) two games in a row, when your average is 1.3 is a little, uh, far fetched.

Boogdud on
  • Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I don't know that I've ended many rounds with 8/1 KD, but I've definitely had good streaks at times. Not to say there aren't aimbotters out there, but I would check into it a bit more and not just base it off of the stats (unless they are much worse than 35/5).

We had a dude in the first couple days on the PA servers that was like 80/x and very obviously hacking, hiding in a wooden building and shooting people in the head through the walls. He got booted pretty quickly.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am having a lot of fun with magnum shotgun slugs.

A lot of fun.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited March 2010

No, I'm plenty stupid in the game, and I see many like me ;)

But going 30/3 and 35/5 in Rush of all things (not like he can camp) two games in a row, when your average is 1.3 is a little, uh, far fetched.

Maybe he just played the demo 26 hours a day from day 0, and is now crazy good, and snort Pixie Stix and injects Ritalin directly into his brain so he's all like.... Hyper concentrated and stuff and sets his thumbstick sensitivity to the highest so he twitches his thumb a lil and does a complete 450 degree turn.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    But I love killing enemy medics and picking up their kit. Why unlock it myself when I can kill someone else who did and take their gadgets. Do I get points towards that class for rezzing dudes even if I spawn as Engineer?

I tried this the other night. If you spawn as a Recon and pick up a Medic's kit, it seems you will get Recon experience for paddling and healing people.

I think someone mentioned earlier that this would be a different way to get unlocks for classes you're not as fond of.

I only observed the experience once, so more testing might be needed.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
    edited March 2010
    cm83 wrote: »

I tried this the other night. If you spawn as a Recon and pick up a Medic's kit, it seems you will get Recon experience for paddling and healing people.

I think someone mentioned earlier that this would be a different way to get unlocks for classes you're not as fond of.

I only observed the experience once, so more testing might be needed.

Friecken awesome. I can be a wookiee using Force Shocking Touch on peeps and spraying mans with LMGs.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it is possible to do that on a regular basis. Things like tanks, voice chat, a full squad with you, and high rank produce numbers in the ranges you're talking about for me regularly. Hell, one of the guys I play with just went 52/7 with his knife alone not more than an hour ago.

Magic Radio on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I cracked and bought this game :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    What took so long?

Some people... :P

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
    edited March 2010

You say that like it's a Bad thing. It's not a Bad thing. it's...

[Sunglasses]

Bad Company.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH1

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

[Sunglasses]

Bad Company.

You're doing it wrong.

And enjoy playing with M60s and CGs/40mm and lightweight guys running around stabbing people. It's pretty fun.

edit: Oh and stacked teams.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

[Sunglasses]

Bad Company.

You're doing it wrong.

And enjoy playing with M60s and CGs/40mm and lightweight guys running around stabbing people. It's pretty fun.

edit: Oh and stacked teams.

Kinda sounds like MW2

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No hyperbole in this thread. Nosiree.

Also the easiest way to get unlocks for classes you don't like is to join empty Rush servers and win over and over. The class you are when you set the detonators is the class that gets the points. Averages about 2000 points for a few minute's work.

Suriko on
    edited March 2010
    Aw man, why didn't I think of that?

I've been using the Atacama Desert (is that right?) map on empty servers as a Flight School, but I never ever thought to cap objectives.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm so bad at this game, i must be doing something wrong. I mean it isn't that i dont win fire fights or anything, because i do. I'm not a bad shot. But i keep getting killed pretty much as soon as i spawn, a lot of the time i don't even get to move 5 steps before an M60 or a grenade or sniper kills me from some spot in the woods where i can't even see them.

I have my good games sometimes, but i also seem to always have more deaths than kills. Anyone have any tips for evading these kinds of tactics? Like i said i can hit stuff just fine, its just that i keep dying while travelling, i must not be doing it right.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    servers wonky right now?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited March 2010
    Aw man, why didn't I think of that?

I've been using the Atacama Desert (is that right?) map on empty servers as a Flight School, but I never ever thought to cap objectives.
    Suriko wrote: »
    No hyperbole in this thread. Nosiree.

Also the easiest way to get unlocks for classes you don't like is to join empty Rush servers and win over and over. The class you are when you set the detonators is the class that gets the points. Averages about 2000 points for a few minute's work.

You see, I can't do that on XBox 360. I have to hope I Quick Join a game that's dying and everyone else leaves.

:(

But you see, the problem with doing that on Rush maps is when you spawn as Defenders... Do you just like, C4 your own MCom? I guess you'd have to spawn as Assault then, so you can resupply yourself.... Or steal a Tank and blow it up...

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    But you see, the problem with doing that on Rush maps is when you spawn as Defenders... Do you just like, C4 your own MCom? I guess you'd have to spawn as Assault then, so you can resupply yourself.... Or steal a Tank and blow it up...

Switch Team button.

Also,
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/03/11/ea-maintenance-now-with-added-hardware.aspx##
    Tomorrow, 12th March, and Saturday, 13th March at 8:00GMT/9:00 CET:12:00 (midnight) PST, EA will take the servers down, this time we will come up with even more hardware with more capacity to handle all the BFBC2 traffic. Once the maintenance is complete you will experience an improvement to your online experience.

This will be extended maintenance to allow the new hardware to be installed and affect all three platforms (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360).

Halle-fucking-lujah!

Edit: oh man. The two "new maps" are just old maps for different game modes. Arica Harbor Conquest and Laguna Presa Rush. Disappointed. I thought they were adding Strike at Karkand :(

Suriko on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm so bad at this game, i must be doing something wrong. I mean it isn't that i dont win fire fights or anything, because i do. I'm not a bad shot. But i keep getting killed pretty much as soon as i spawn, a lot of the time i don't even get to move 5 steps before an M60 or a grenade or sniper kills me from some spot in the woods where i can't even see them.

I have my good games sometimes, but i also seem to always have more deaths than kills. Anyone have any tips for evading these kinds of tactics? Like i said i can hit stuff just fine, its just that i keep dying while travelling, i must not be doing it right.

You can gleam quite a bit of information about the situation you'll be jumping into by studying the map for a bit and seeing what dots pop up and where friendlies are getting killed, but sometimes if they game just isn't going your way at all the enemy will reach this bizarre critical mass on your territory and then there's not much that can be done to root them out.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited March 2010
    I see a lot of the good players get places by running around the edges of the battlefield and making a beeline for every bush, tree, or crate they see.
    Keep cover between yourself and the enemy's lines.
    Avoid running down a road at all costs.
    Your sprint is infinite, so use it a lot.

Nothing else from me on this one. I've upped my average lifespan from about 5 seconds to 10-15 seconds with this strategy.

Edit: Find a good player and follow him around to see how they move. Make sure it's ok with them first so you don't annoy the crap out of somebody.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    Switch Team button.

There's a switch team button?! I never knew that.... nyoro~n

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I see a lot of the good players get places by running around the edges of the battlefield and making a beeline for every bush, tree, or crate they see.
    Keep cover between yourself and the enemy's lines.
    Avoid running down a road at all costs.
    Your sprint is infinite, so use it a lot.

Nothing else from me on this one. I've upped my average lifespan from about 5 seconds to 10-15 seconds with this strategy.

Edit: Find a good player and follow him around to see how they move. Make sure it's ok with them first so you don't annoy the crap out of somebody.

I think part of it is i am used to FPS games with much smaller maps and less explosions going on.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Have you changed your FOV to something more reasonable than 55? If you havent, you're literally playing with horse blinders on. Change it o at LEAST 70, I'd recommend something around 75-80

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
This discussion has been closed.