As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Acrimony 101

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not even going to post in this thread

blech

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i have never been to texas but as a new yorker i feel it is my personal duty to shit on any state that is not new york

especially jersey

Scrumtrulescent on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    epburn wrote: »
    Also
    Statesman wrote:
    Some of the Republicans on the State Board of Education were quite enamored Wednesday with the Fox News crew that showed up at their meeting. At one point, board member David Bradley handed cookies to the Fox crew, ignoring the rest of the folks at the press table. Other conservative board members could hardly contain their excitement that Fox was there.

Which, the reporter noted, was as the TEA staff issued a statement reaming Fox for saying the SBOE had dropped Christmas and George Washington from textbooks, among other pretty sweet innaccuracies.

To be fair, they did drop Thomas Jefferson, so there should be some rage.

Fencingsax on
  • PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Daric wrote: »
    Fine guys, whatever, we'll just take back Beyonce you can't have her anymore

I'm cool with that.

Pirusu on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awesome! That would be super Daric.

Melding on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fine guys, whatever, we'll just take back Beyonce you can't have her anymore

THANK GOD

Dadouw on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    guys as a canadian who doesn't really ever plan to move out of southern ontario what should my opinion of texas be

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    On one side you have the Texans who refuse to acknowledge that there is anything bad whatsoever about Texas

On the other side you have everyone else!

Clint Eastwood on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And the rest of the country feels a need to shit on New York, so you're welcome to that.

Fucking north-easterners and NY'ers are the rudest god damned people.

As tourists Alaska they'd come over and demand we do everything their way. No, no it doesn't work like that. How it works is you fuck off and spend your money elsewhere because we don't want it.

Granted that's not everyone from the NE, but we had a good cross-section of people. Most of the NY city people were the worst.

Cogliostro on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Another awesome article that I read a while back was an amazing investigative piece on post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans and the violence against black citizens by roving bands of white militias.

Whoops turns out several cops did in fact shoot unarmed citizens seeking to cross a bridge to find shelter.

Abracadaniel on
    edited March 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    guys as a canadian who doesn't really ever plan to move out of southern ontario what should my opinion of texas be

You should hate it just like you hate everything, like northern ontario

Dadouw on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Uh, education has been skewed far to the left for a long time

fuck everybody that's not from Texas

I'm sorry, I must have missed the 80s.
    also excellent troll, but I figured I respond anyway

The Otaku Suppository on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Texas is the worst place I've ever had to live and now this shit happens.

Henroid on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's the denial of Enlightenment influence and secularism that's eating at me.

Tam on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    And the rest of the country feels a need to shit on New York, so you're welcome to that.

Fucking north-easterners and NY'ers are the rudest god damned people.

As tourists Alaska they'd come over and demand we do everything their way. No, no it doesn't work like that. How it works is you fuck off and spend your money elsewhere because we don't want it.

Granted that's not everyone from the NE, but we had a good cross-section of people. Most of the NY city people were the worst.

It's not our fault you weren't born here

work on that

You are just mad because your moose died and you are cold

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited March 2010
    Well, it isn't the greatest. Their vehicle registration laws are completely retarded.

Too soon, Scrum. Too soon. :(

Cogliostro on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

'more jobs than here'

Orikaeshigitae on
  • epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Also
    Statesman wrote:
    Some of the Republicans on the State Board of Education were quite enamored Wednesday with the Fox News crew that showed up at their meeting. At one point, board member David Bradley handed cookies to the Fox crew, ignoring the rest of the folks at the press table. Other conservative board members could hardly contain their excitement that Fox was there.

Which, the reporter noted, was as the TEA staff issued a statement reaming Fox for saying the SBOE had dropped Christmas and George Washington from textbooks, among other pretty sweet innaccuracies.

FoxNews could not give goose-all about Jefferson being out of the picture. They couldn't be bothered to figure out what the curriculum changes were before they "reported" on it on some bullshit morning show, which they later explained away by saying the network was "trying to make it simpler" for their audience.

epburn on
  • PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Texas is the worst place I've ever had to live and now this shit happens.

Hahahaha. My fiancee just finished an internship at Caldwell Zoo in Tyler. Driving through there was pretty great, but only because I didn't have to stay more than a few hours.

Houston, Dallas, and Austin are cool beans, though.

Pirusu on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A texan came to my restaurant and asked for a white waitress

true story

Clint Eastwood on
    edited March 2010
    The McLeroy guy wanted to replace Cesar Chavez with the guy who invented the Yo-yo as an important historical figure.

Abracadaniel on
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so

how bout that intelligent design

VoproSTEIN on
  • Count ZeroCount Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All I have to say is, if you've never been to texas, don't talk shit about it

Go to Austin or Houston or San Antonio one day and see what it's like

Quality of life is relative to the person living it. If someone is perfectly content living in a trailer and is happy about where their life has led them, would you say they had a poor quality of life? You probably would, but I'm sure they wouldn't agree

tl;dr: Haters gonna hate

Edit: THE MAN WAS ACQUITTED BECAUSE HE WAS PROTECTING HIS NEIGHBOR'S PROPERTY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

he shot them in the back because they were running from the scene of the crime what the fuck is wrong with you

Because its the job of the police to prevent crimes not wannabe vigilantes ? and because the penalty for theft is not and should not be death ?

Count Zero on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38624&dateline=1248802110
    edited March 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Also
    Statesman wrote:

FoxNews could not give goose-all about Jefferson being out of the picture. They couldn't be bothered to figure out what the curriculum changes were before they "reported" on it on some bullshit morning show, which they later explained away by saying the network was "trying to make it simpler" for their audience.

Because the average watcher of fox news is a fucking idiot

Cogliostro on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »

true story

everyone from texas is racist

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    edited March 2010

'more jobs than here'

fuck texas

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    dich where are you from

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited March 2010

true story

well now that you've admitted it

the healing can begin

Abracadaniel on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Edit: THE MAN WAS ACQUITTED BECAUSE HE WAS PROTECTING HIS NEIGHBOR'S PROPERTY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

he shot them in the back because they were running from the scene of the crime what the fuck is wrong with you

I'd like to ask what the fuck is wrong with you that you think that stealing is worthy of the death penalty?

Does all of Texas just get a hard-on for killing people? All jerkin' it over execution footage and shooting people just because they have a gun and goddamnit they've gotta JUSTIFY that?

Garthor on
    edited March 2010

true story

also they all use spittoons and dip and have truck nutz

Clint Eastwood on
    edited March 2010
    I hate cold pizza today and I though it would be good but then it wasnt as good as I hoped

Fucking texas

Dadouw on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    so

how bout that intelligent design

that hasn't gotten through

the changes seem to be limited to socioeconomic topics and history so far

Tam on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    today someone moved in front of me in line to get on the bus and then took the only open seat left

fuck texas

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited March 2010
    itt: daric loses credibility

Dadouw on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited March 2010
    sometimes ill write a post in wquick reply and then ctrl c it for later

.avi on
    edited March 2010
    Garthor wrote: »

I'd like to ask what the fuck is wrong with you that you think that stealing is worthy of the death penalty?

Does all of Texas just get a hard-on for killing people? All jerkin' it over execution footage and shooting people just because they have a gun and goddamnit they've gotta JUSTIFY that?
    Basically, yes. Texans have a retarded boner for guns and insist on carrying them everywhere just because they can and they want to look hard.

Clint Eastwood on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

true story

Especially the Mexicans.

Lordy I wish I was joking. Being half-Mexican is enough to be included in the club everyone here wants to form. They didn't take kindly to me thinking they were gooses.

Henroid on
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All I have to say is, if you've never been to texas, don't talk shit about it

Go to Austin or Houston or San Antonio one day and see what it's like

Quality of life is relative to the person living it. If someone is perfectly content living in a trailer and is happy about where their life has led them, would you say they had a poor quality of life? You probably would, but I'm sure they wouldn't agree

tl;dr: Haters gonna hate

so its ok to shoot people who are unarmed and running away

that is your point?

your point is that it is ok to use deadly force on unarmed persons who are in the act of running away

just making sure that you understand what you are saying here

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
    edited March 2010
    dich where are you from

grew up in an extremely white little suburb around hamilton called waterdown and am currently living around the north etobicoke area

I'm really not very good with maps

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Garthor wrote: »

Basically, yes. Texans have a retarded boner for guns and insist on carrying them everywhere just because they can and they want to look hard.

Man, I already knew that.

The question was rhetorical.

Garthor on
This discussion has been closed.