As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Acrimony 101

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Umaro wrote: »
    Of course someone had to bring up Jigrah. People are as quick to jump on that self-righteous bandwagon as they are on the "drunk drivers are baby rapists" one.

Anyway, fuck Texas.
    oh jesus

a jigrah white knight

now i've seen everything

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man, I totally forgot about our duel to the death law on the Commons. I need to challenge somebody at EPAX. Now only if Patrick can be arsed to show up and we can get this ball rolling.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Of course someone had to bring up Jigrah. People are as quick to jump on that self-righteous bandwagon as they are on the "drunk drivers are baby rapists" one.

Anyway, fuck Texas.

I don't see how it's a bandwagon to frown upon rape.

Abracadaniel on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Jesus I hope you guys are kidding about Jigrah.

Nope! He raped a girl. Pretty classy stuff! Somebody on here usually comes around and quotes the post where he admitted it. I don't have it offhand though.

He's definitely a rapist and his backpedalling each time somebody brings it up is hilarious.

I think I might have to make the story part of my sig, just so people get the straight truth and not this bullshit TFS, yourself and others keep spewing. You extrapolate so much out of my posts to the point where people think she was unconscious and I was just pounding away. Which is utter bullshit, and anyone who would have read my posts could tell.

That is my job for tonight, get all my posts in chronological order. I am sick and tired of bullshit being spread about "Backpeddling" and what not.
    Please do, a convenient source for all of your rape related posts would be very useful.

Clint Eastwood on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Anyway, fuck Texas.

A former co-worker of mine here in Texas was killed by a drunk driver a few years ago. 16 year old kid without a license. Lied to the cops about his age and identity multiple times.

My co-worker was 8 months pregnant. The baby died too.

Henroid on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

Nope! He raped a girl. Pretty classy stuff! Somebody on here usually comes around and quotes the post where he admitted it. I don't have it offhand though.

He's definitely a rapist and his backpedalling each time somebody brings it up is hilarious.

I think I might have to make the story part of my sig, just so people get the straight truth and not this bullshit TFS, yourself and others keep spewing. You extrapolate so much out of my posts to the point where people think she was unconscious and I was just pounding away. Which is utter bullshit, and anyone who would have read my posts could tell.

That is my job for tonight, get all my posts in chronological order. I am sick and tired of bullshit being spread about "Backpeddling" and what not.
    Please do, a convenient source for all of your rape related posts would be very useful.

the one-stop jigrah rapemporium. come one, come one

Orikaeshigitae on
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Anyway, fuck Texas.

hmm sounds like your sensitive about this. i'm guessing you drive drunk but you can totally handle it?

Nope I never drive drunk. I just think the punishments (in my state anyway) are far out of proportion with the impact of the crime, and some of the outrage associated with it is completely over the top.

Yeah what's your point, Henroid? A retarded teenager without a license accidently killed a baby while sloshed - let's crucify everyone who gets behind the wheel with alcohol in their system.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Melding, I'm just saying that it's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

ahahaha i was just thinking this

much easier to show how terrible he is

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    I always thought the racist thing, at least in Houston and El Paso is rediculous. They would be the worst place for a racist to live. There are MILLIONS of Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Portugese and what I'm convinced is a gaggle of French lawn care people. Unless they're masochists.

And those people can be racist, too!

Before I met my fiancee's father (who is venezuelan) he warned her that I better not be black.

Pirusu on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Welp, I doubt this will make a huge difference. I've be told that only 20% of the national population follows current events anyhow. Anyone who falls for the ole, "Reagan and The Republican Party saved the world from the evil SOCALISTS", probably won't be in the percentage of people who give a shit about politics.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    my job is done here

Dadouw on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

yes, cite please!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

the one-stop jigrah rapemporium. come one, come one
    I was about to make a post with the phrase "one-stop" in it but now I don't have to!

So uhh....Jigrah is a raper? I dunno where to go with this post.

Clint Eastwood on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited March 2010
    a known rapist [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

.avi on
    edited March 2010
    more like

no-stop

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Anyway, fuck Texas.

hmm sounds like your sensitive about this. i'm guessing you drive drunk but you can totally handle it?

Nope I never drive drunk. I just think the punishments (in my state anyway) are far out of proportion with the impact of the crime, and some of the outrage associated with it is completely over the top.

you must have never had someone killed by a drunk driver in your extended family

the punishment fits the potential crime(s)

the law has gotten silly by lowering the legal BAC to where it is though

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would be interested in reading that so i could just him harshly on my own merits. then replace all instances with his name with texas.

Melding on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I always thought the racist thing, at least in Houston and El Paso is rediculous. They would be the worst place for a racist to live. There are MILLIONS of Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Portugese and what I'm convinced is a gaggle of French lawn care people. Unless they're masochists.

There's a Portuguese community in Houston? Hey maybe I should go there. They probably have linguisa in the plenty. That stuff is bitchin'.

I road along with my folks on their truck route when I was coming back from my failed move to Portland. In El Paso and L-something in very-south-Texas they have check stations for illegal immigrant smuggling, it's awesome.

Henroid on
  • epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Daric wrote: »
    epburn wrote: »
    The Castle Doctrine only applies to property you own.

yes but they acquitted him because the property owner was out of town and unable to defend his own house

he allowed the neighbor to defend it for him

That's also not how the law works, and not what happened.

epburn on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i disliked rapists before disliking rapists was cool

mensch-o-matic on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dadouw wrote: »
    Alaska

In Fairbanks it is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose

While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.

It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.

Okay, look. Feeding alcoholic beverages to an 8 foot, 2,000lb animal that can fly off the handle and trample you is just a bad idea. I'm sorry, it is.

And the reason for the bear rules? Hunting bears is legal (under certain conditions). But you god-damned tourists thinking it's some California bear (which has the size and temperament of a cocker spaniel) disturb the fuckers and won't leave them alone just to get that perfect snapshot. You feed them human food and then they wander into and around houses looking for more and have to be put down.

The moose viewed from the airplane is a law. But you left out the part where you can't view a moose from the airplane in order to spot it so you can kill it.

And yes, it is illegal to throw a moose out of an airplane. Don't ask how it came to be, just accept it.

Cogliostro on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Anyway, fuck Texas.

Yeah what's your point, Henroid? A retarded teenager without a license accidently killed a baby while sloshed - let's crucify everyone who gets behind the wheel with alcohol in their system.

sure, let's

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    it's cool guys i only slipped her one roofie, that doesn't count as rape in mongolia

Clint Eastwood on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was actually proud of our SBOE a few days ago for issuing a bunch of clarifications because FOX News was misrepresenting the facts, as usual.
    he Fox Network in recent days has repeatedly broadcast highly inaccurate information about the State Board of Education's efforts to adopt the new social studies curriculum standards.
    Here are the facts. The direct quotes come from the March 10 broadcast of Fox & Friends.

Fox: "Texas board of education begins hearings today on proposed changes to textbooks..."
    The truth: The State Board of Education today is expected to take a preliminary vote on updated social studies curriculum standards. The standards detail what teachers are to teach in each class. New social studies textbooks are not scheduled to be selected until 2011.

Fox: "So one of the proposed changes is to start history class in the year 1877."
    The truth: Texas has and always will teach U.S. History from the beginning until present day. U.S. History through Reconstruction is taught in the eighth grade and those standards can be found in the middle school standards, which are called Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). Here is a link to the middle school standards: http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/teks/social/MS_TEKS_amended.pdf. U.S. History since 1877 is taught in 11th grade.

Fox: Abraham Lincoln and George Washington have been removed from the textbooks.
    The truth: The standards, not textbook, are before the board this week. Lincoln is required to be included in the first and eighth grade history classes, as well as in the U.S. government class. Washington is required to be taught in kindergarten, first grade, fifth grade and eighth grade. Here is a link to a document detailing those historical figures, including Lincoln and Washington, who are required to be taught as part of the standards: http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/teks/social/AlphabetizedList_including.pdf. There is another list of individuals who are suggested for inclusion and it can be found here: http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/teks/social/AlphabetizedList_such_as.pdf. Additional modifications are still possible to both lists as the board debates the standards during its March and May meeting.

Fox: Independence Day and Veteran's Day are being deleted from the textbooks.
    The truth: Again, the new history textbooks have not been written yet but they will be based on the curriculum standards adopted by the board. The standards currently under consideration cover Independence Day in kindergarten, second and fifth grades. Veteran's Day is included in kindergarten, first, second and fifth grades.

Fox: References to Christmas have been deleted.

The truth: A TEKS review committee briefly recommended removing Christmas from a list that mentioned one major holiday for each of the world's religions. The committee recommended leaving Easter in the document. The State Board immediately rejected this idea and a reference to Christmas was restored in the standards months ago and can be found in sixth grade in standard 19(b).

Fox: Textbooks adopted in Texas will be used classrooms across the country.
    The truth: Each state has its own textbook selection process. Publishers may offer other states the Texas edition of a book but they are not required to select it.

captaink on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Anyway, fuck Texas.

I guess people get upset about it because it's an easily preventable crime that can kill others.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well yeah, being personally affected by a crime definitely skews your perspective in regard to it.

Suspending someone's license? Absolutely. Over $10,000 in fines, possibly a few months in jail, losing your job and your car? No, that's a bit much.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jesus. Reading this thread makes me realize that I've been raped. Like, repeatedly.

Pretty much all the way through 2008, really.

naporeon on
    edited March 2010
    Well yeah, being personally affected by a crime definitely skews your perspective in regard to it.

Suspending someone's license? Absolutely. Over $10,000 in fines, possibly a few months in jail, losing your job and your car? No, that's a bit much.

nah i think that's okay

Orikaeshigitae on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited March 2010
    drunk driver spotted

.avi on
    edited March 2010
    Repeat offenders are the fucking worst

I've heard about three people in the last week who had multiple DUIs and still drove drunk, then killed somebody.

Fuck those people.

Clint Eastwood on
  • PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    naporeon wrote: »
    Jesus. Reading this thread makes me realize that I've been raped. Like, repeatedly.

If you need a shoulder, nap.
    :winky:

Pirusu on
    edited March 2010
    naporeon wrote: »

Show us on the doll where Jigrah raped you.

Clint Eastwood on
  • .avi.avi regular
    edited March 2010
    i have this local commercial about a former marine lawyer who got a neurosurgeon off 3 counts of dui

.avi on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

nah i think that's okay
    Awwwwww, fuck. You made me agree with Ori, Umaro.

Have you no remorse for what you have done?

naporeon on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

There's a Portuguese community in Houston? Hey maybe I should go there. They probably have linguisa in the plenty. That stuff is bitchin'.

I road along with my folks on their truck route when I was coming back from my failed move to Portland. In El Paso and L-something in very-south-Texas they have check stations for illegal immigrant smuggling, it's awesome.

Yeah, we went through that on the way in. I always wondered at how intelligent it was to have Border Patrol 80 goddamned miles inside the border looking for illegals. No wonder so many cross over in Texas.

Cogliostro on
    edited March 2010
    f u, nap

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited March 2010

That people who drink and drive are scum? It's a good thing I can hold opinions of people that do terrible shit.

Don't forget that he tried to lie t the police about his identity, so it goes from him being an innocent person who just happened to be hammered to "Oh he knows what he did was wrong on various levels and tried to weasel out of it."

You should do the drunk-driving apologist thing more often though, I love it when people are ridiculous.

Henroid on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The real reason we should hate Texas is because it introduced standardized testing in public schools. It's called TAKS here. It's a complete fucking joke.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so just to be clear

there is both a dude in this thread saying that having sex with a person with the inability to give consent is not rape
    and a dude who says that drunk driving is pretty cool and we don't have to be so uptight about it

why didn't I listen to my own witty "oh shit it's jigrah I'm out of here" post

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.