As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Feral Spirits - Game Over! Mafia Victory!

kimekime Queen of BladesRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Critical Failures
Feral Spirits Mini-Phalla

Well, it finally happened. Took them long enough, but humankind has been wiped out. Completely. Really, in the grand scheme of things, they kind of failed, they didn’t last long at all. Oh well, poor humans, time to move on! See, since the last human has died there’s been a non-stop party going on by all the remaining animals in the world. ‘Cause let’s face it, people were annoying. And messy, and smelly. And all around unpleasant.

So party time!
72057-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illus.jpg

But… … well, there’s only so long one can celebrate the complete annihilation of a species before it starts to get old. As the party died down, the animals just kind of looked at each other awkwardly. “People” had been a common enemy for so long, but now that they’re gone…

Well, now there’s a niche to fill. A top spot in the food chain, in the ecological hierarchy. And let’s face it, who doesn’t want to be the on the top? This is your goal as the representative spirit for your animal: rise as the next leading species in the world. You succeed when no one challenges your right to rule.

This is a mini-phalla. It is designed for 23 players (assuming I can count), although this may be adjusted. If you don’t know what a phalla is, go [url=”http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99170”]here[/url]. Standard Phalla rules apply, but I don’t feel like retyping them out. If you’re new or uncertain of the standard rules or anything else here, ask me. It is your responsibility to ask.

Also, it’s my first mini. So things won’t (I don’t think?) get too crazy. That comes later, muahahaha! ......So now, without further ado…

The Mechanics:
How do you become victorious? Easy, simply kill off those who won’t submit to you. How do you do that? Well, everyone has three stats: ATK, DEF, and HP. When your HP reach 0 (or below), you die, and fail to achieve dominance over the world (obviously).

Each day, you have the option of three PUBLIC actions: Attack <target>, Defend, or Sacrifice for <target>. You may choose only one, and once declared, this action may not be retracted or changed! You may not Sacrifice or Attack yourself.

First, the easy one: Defend raises your DEF by 2 for that night.

At the end of each night, I’ll calculate the results of the fights you all declared. This is done in a fairly simple manner. All Attacks directed at a player stack, so I’ll take the total DEF of the victim minus the total ATK directed at them. If the value is still positive (or zero), hurray, no bad stuff happens to you! If, however, the value is negative, you lose that many HP. Again, if your HP reach 0 (or below), you die. Painfully.

If you choose to Sacrifice yourself for someone, you will jump in front of them to take on any opponents that are attacking them. All Attacks directed at your target will instead be directed at you. For that night, you will gain a temporary boost of 1 to your HP. Beyond that, the battle is determined normally as if the other players had Attacked you. You’ll also have to deal with anyone else who initiated a fight with you.

To prevent weird shenanigans, opponents that have been redirected through Sacrifice will not be redirected that night by a second Sacrifice.

All attacks happen simultaneously.

A couple examples, I suppose. If you think you understand what’s going on, you probably do (it’s fairly straightforward), so the examples aren’t really necessary for you.
B:L has ATT 2, DEF 1, HP 1.
Burnage has ATT 4, DEF 1, HP 1.

B:L Attacks Burnage, and in return Burnage Attacks B:L. Assuming no one else got involved, they’d both die that night.

B:L’s DEF of 1 minus Burnage’s ATT of 4 leaves a -3. B:L, therefore, ends up with -2 HP, so dies.
Burnage’s DEF of 1 minus B:L’s ATT of 2 leaves a -1. Burnage loses 1 HP, but unfortunately that’s enough to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dunadan has ATT 1, DEF 5, HP 2.
Arivia has ATT 3, DEF 2, HP 1.
Gumpy has ATT 3, DEF 2, HP 1.
Bremen has ATT 2, DEF 1, HP 1.

Arivia and Gumpy both Attack Bremen. Bremen, in return, decides to Attack Gumpy.

Dunadan, being an overall nice guy, Sacrifices for Bremen.

Arivia and Gumpy’s ATKs add to 6. Take that from Dunadan’s DEF, and you get a -1. Luckily for Dunadan, he had 2 HP, so although he loses 1 HP, he’s still alive.

Bremen’s ATK of 2 is equal to Gumpy’s DEF of 2, so nothing happens to Gumpy.

Eh, that’s enough examples. It’s easy. If you still have questions, you’re silly, but ask me anyways :P. Oh, and these examples are a bit contrived and don’t accurately reflect how the stats are distributed.

Unless otherwise stated, you can use any special abilities you may have in addition to your public action.

Please note that there is no normal mechanic for players to recover HP, although it is possible occasionally.

Everyone will have a unique role, although some are more unique than others :P.

There is a mafia. It is a group that does not want any of you to win. I strongly advise you to focus on them. However, keep in mind that the game does not end until there is a single champion animal. There will be only one true winner of this game. The extent to which the rest of you win or lose will vary. Dying, for example, is very bad. So if you don’t feel you have the ability to emerge victorious, then you may have the opportunity to submit to subservience. At least you keep your life…

The last thing worth mentioning with respect to mechanics. I’ve given you guys enough ways to kill each other. So yes, although there is a red vote you are required to make every day, it does not kill the winner. Instead, it has a positive effect, and grants bonuses to the recipients in their fights. The first place winner receives 1 point to each Attack and Defense that night. Second place receives 1 point to Defense that night, third place receives 1 point to Attack that night. Do not retract your vote in any sort of lime color like people sometimes do, since lime has a very specific use.

On that note, follow my color scheme and be clear on your actions, or I'll take creative liberties in interpreting what you want :twisted:. Good luck, but you'll probably die anyways :lol:.

Narrations:
Day Zero
Day One
Day Two

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
Steam profile
kime on

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Again, I’m looking for 23 players. Depending on how the reserve situation looks, I may change that, but I hope not to. Signups will hopefully end sometime tomorrow, so the first day will start Sunday night.

A couple things you should note before you sign up: I don’t know how balanced this is. I think it’s fairly balanced, but if I notice something horribly unbalanced in the game, I may dynamically change it. Although I hope not to do that, if that will horribly bother you, you may want to skip this one. (If you are slaughtering your opponents through skill, and not by a miscalculation on my part, I won’t change that, of course. Not gonna take away your glory!)

There may be unexpected abilities and outcomes of fights. If you have questions, ask me, but realize things may not work as planned. Get over it :P. While we’re on that topic, I welcome any and all clarifications. I plan to enjoy denying them :lol:.

Oh, and the vote closes at 11 pm Central.

Player List
    1. [strike]Arivia - The Turtle[/strike]
    2. [strike]Daius - The Sasquatch[/strike]
    3. [strike]Delmain - The Chimpanzee[/strike]
    4. [strike]Delphinidaes - The Komodo Dragon[/strike]
    5. Rawkking Goodguy
    6. [strike]DeShadowC - The Owl[/strike]
    7. Zandracon
    8. simonwolf
    9. [strike]Fiaryn[/strike] Alegis
    10. romanqwerty
    11. WhiteWolf
    12. [strike]Ringo - The Dinosaur[/strike]
    13. [strike]Infidel[/strike] jdarksun
    14. [strike]Teucrian - The Phoenix[/strike]
    15. Lucedes
    16. [strike]Robos a Go Go - The Butterfly[/strike]
    17. Toxic Toys
    18. Mr. Defecation
    19. [strike]samurai6966 - The Monkey[/strike]
    20. BertezBertez
    21. Hippie
    22. [strike]Raneados - The Lion[/strike]
    23. [strike]shalmelo - The Bug[/strike]

Reserves
    1. [strike]Alegis[/strike]
    2. [strike]jdarksun[/strike]
    3. Bliss 101
    4. Dunadan019
    5. CoreGoon
    6. LemmingHead
    7. The Cow King

Inactivity Policy: You are required to make a vote every day, as well as 2 posts, although I won't be going around counting posts. Just, you know, be active. You are not required to make a public action every day, although it'd probably be fairly foolish in most situations not to.

I've got enough reserves that I'll be fairly strict on this. If you mess up and forget, let me know and it'll be fine, but if I don't hear from you I'll send it to the reserves.

Example role PM:
    You are...

Pikachu!

You are a rodent thingie that conducts electricity! How, why? No one knows! But you can shock people! etc etc fluff!

969492489 Attack, 548547847584785 Defense, 99999 HP

Thunderbolt - This is a special ability that does something! How lucky, 'cause not everyone has one!

Primary Win Condition: Eliminate all challengers to your seat as ruler of the world.
    Secondary Win Condition: Survive.

(^^^Villager win conditions)

Clarifications:
    kime wrote: »
    Does the Mafia just straight up kill people or just attack like other players?
    CLARIFICATION DENIED, MUAHAHAHA

Perhaps you will find out?

You are allowed to red-vote yourself.
    If I defend, do I have to counterattack people who attack me?

The only way to be hurt is if someone attacks you. So if others attack you, you will not automatically counterattack them no matter what you do. You can choose to attack one of them, if you'd like, or you can choose to defend to lessen your chances of being hurt (but then, of course, you won't have any chance of hurting them either).

So for your question, no. If you defend, you will not be counterattacking anyone.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Are all of the animals unique, or are there multiples of any animals?

Clarification DENIED.
    What happens in the event of a tie? For any place?

Good question. I'm not really sure. Definitely not give the bonuses to everyone. And I don't particularly like RNG mechanics. So either nothing happens for that place, or whoever is tied dies a horribly painful and embarrassing death. You'll find out when you tie it :lol:.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup poast

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !confirm

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kime is lame

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Kime phalla day one

Zandracon on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It is the end of times.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    It is the end of times.
    Muahahahaha

I get to post in orange!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Signed up!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign up

REND, FEAST, KILL

YOUR INNARDS SHALL BE GNASHED TO BITS IN THE UNCARING MAW OF MY ETERNAL FURY.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yes I shall sign up. Yes I shall do nothing but attack kime as my action each night.

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign up

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    once declared, this action may not be retracted or changed!

Kime

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Clever

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Posting the link to your mini in the signup thread will probably fill slots faster. I know that's how I keep track of new games.

Not that getting to 23 people is gonna be that long anyway..

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !zap kime

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Posting the link to your mini in the signup thread will probably fill slots faster. I know that's how I keep track of new games.

I forgot that, thanks :?...

Also, I think I need to start thinking up a punishment for Day One when everyone tries to kill me :P.

HOST SMITING!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

I forgot that, thanks :?...

Also, I think I need to start thinking up a punishment for Day One when everyone tries to kill me :P.

HOST SMITING!

Yes but if you kill us all your game ends day one.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It would complete the circle

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kime mini during break time? Outstanding.

!Sign up

Teucrian on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !sign up

Lucedes on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    also, Sacrifice for kime!

the surest way to a day one death.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sacrifice my time!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign Up

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !sign up to kill kime

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

And with that, I'm going to bed.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    vote kime

power kime

attack kime

M.D. on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

And with that, I'm going to bed.

SPOILERS
    The humans aren't really gone! Take back the surface from the beastmen!

Row row, fight the power!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mafia consisting of Charlton Heston, Kamandi, Will Smith/Vincent Price, and that dude with the glasses from that one Twilight Episode.

They automatically lose because there are no women.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I demand to be a mongoose!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign up

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kime phalla?!?? yesssssssssssss

Hippie on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aw man i think i missed signups

!sign up

oh well reserves

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i believe there is one more sign up spot after you rane

M.D. on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    confirm

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goddamnit always signs up while I sleep. Am I fast enough?

Alegis on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kime phalla is the best phalla!

Thanks for reserving!

Delmain on