As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bronze tags will turn into silver and gold tags

sometimes, other times they will stay bronze and you can get new silver ones

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    fucking tyrannus blowing up my landoo

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God the slugs make me feel like I'm cheating, but fuck all those CG silly gooses. I just went a whole round with it and by the end the enemy team was all using shotguns just trying to kill me instead of do their objective hehe

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
    edited March 2010
    sniping a recon with a slug when they are only 5 pixels tall on your screen is the best thing

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    sniping a recon with a slug when they are only 5 pixels tall on your screen is the best thing

Even better if you see their muzzle flash and then the round impact on your cover infront of you. Bullet drop is for sissies.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    fucking tyrannus blowing up my landoo

seeing your charred body do a flip was just fantastic

tyrannus on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Heh I just drove the enemy atv back towards the enemy spawn on snowrush, right past a squad without them shooting me.

So I repaid their kindness by running up behind them and knifing all 3 of them.

The best part was the one in vent yelling at the recon to turn around and kill me before I got him.

Then the gustav spam began and good times were had by none.

Also ty, I'll be your tank gunner any time <3

Morkath on
  • WillieWillie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just unlocked the M60 on medic...that gun is ridiculously overpowered lol. You should not be able to snipe people 100 yards away with a machine gun, then turn around and spray a room and kill everyone in it.

Willie on
  • FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Willie wrote: »
    Just unlocked the M60 on medic...that gun is ridiculously overpowered lol. You should not be able to snipe people 100 yards away with a machine gun, then turn around and spray a room and kill everyone in it.

You shouldn't?? But then why does it feeeeeeel so goooood?

Funbags on
    edited March 2010
    the invincibility on revives is so annoying 100% of the time

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bizarre moment:

Managed to flank the attackers on Nelson Bay, and was trotting down the road to backstab some foo's. An ATV comes careerning up the road and hits me before I can react... but sails on through me without doing any damage, as if I were a ghost. The rider got out as I turned around, and the two of us just stood there for a few seconds just thinking "what the fuck just happened?". Then the ATV exploded and his corpse went flying off to the right away from it. At a guess, somebody must've C4'd the ATV before he grabbed it and decided to detonate it just then.

I just stood there laughing for a while before getting back to the game.

Suriko on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Taking a break from the Angry Dome for a while.

The astounding amount of bullshit kills and failed kills due to my connection is just unacceptable now.
    Average 600 ping in there now, and yet I still kept coming back and maintaining a reasonable score.

NOT ANYMORE. FUCK YOUR SHIT. When I can deliver a killing blow to your head with an 870, HAVE THE KILL MESSAGE POP UP, hit you with another and then you knife me?
    Time to play elsewhere.

Warcry on
    edited March 2010
    Morkath wrote: »
    Heh I just drove the enemy atv back towards the enemy spawn on snowrush, right past a squad without them shooting me.

So I repaid their kindness by running up behind them and knifing all 3 of them.

The best part was the one in vent yelling at the recon to turn around and kill me before I got him.

Then the gustav spam began and good times were had by none.

Also ty, I'll be your tank gunner any time <3

the best was when I killed that wave guy through a wall. no wait the best was when I took out 2 objectives with the tank. no wait, it was when I shot some recon in the face with a big tank gun. his name was like, sole, or something.

tyrannus on
  • JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Willie wrote: »

its niceee lol. use it as much as possible just in case they nerf it lol

JMT_AOTP on
    edited March 2010
    recon is such an ugly word

i prefer swamp-thing or shotgun-wookie

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited March 2010

My teeth grate whenever somebody calls the recon class the "sniper class", or lists it as if it were the class name.

Suriko on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shoot down chopper with M95 - check.

BlindPsychic on
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »

My teeth grate whenever somebody calls the recon class the "sniper class", or lists it as if it were the class name.

What about smoke magnets?

I started just shooting smoke grenades at them whenever I see a recon. I figure this wastes more of their time than killing them. Since they have to either sit there and wait for it to disipate, or move, and probably get killed since they are no longer under a bush.

I also really need to remember to shoot a smoke grenade at my recon teammates, when they bunch up on one hill.

Morkath on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Shoot down chopper with M95 - check.
    Doing it twice in one round - check. :j

Also goddamn is the T88 a pile of crap. At least the VSS does something in close range.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I saw someone using the Type 88 tonight.

Why would anyone ever do that?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2010
    FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF REALLY FUCKING BAD IDEAS

If you submit a banner that is approved by Sladvan and I, you get a free kick!(!!)
    That's right. Fucking hate Sladvan's platinum star on his grenade launcher? kick! Desrever's teamswitching pissing you the hell off? a boot to the head! Kimchi? You see where I'm going with this.
    Or do you? IT CAN BE ANYONE! FOR ANY REASON!

Send your submissions to Sladvan and me! Image must be 512 x 64 and in .PNG format!
    no goombas are eligable

tyrannus on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    more PA people should be on vent when playing

MrDelish on
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Had a lot of fun tonight on the PA west coast server.
    Had some great rounds, had some really crappy ones, but I enjoyed myself.
    Finally getting some stuff unlocked too.

Bolthorn on
  • FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Venting on vent. Check.

Vent is a great way to find out what the other team is doing/planning. ;)

Funbags on
    edited March 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

I need to figure out why my vent just stops working sometimes when I get in game.

As soon as I alt-tab it will be fine, then break again once I re-enter game.

Sometimes it also just works fine in game.

Morkath on
    edited March 2010
    tad.png

worth at least 5 kicks

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Played on a server that had the hardcore damage model, and friendly fire, but the interface and everything intact. I think I actually like that more than regular. People are more careful with their grenades and whatnot.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    <3 Shooting down Carbonfire's helicopter like four times in a single match of Atacama.

Too bad the goddamn server exploded, again.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tad.png

worth at least 5 kicks

I think that's SoaL on tyrannus' skidoo.

LavaKnight on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hopping on Live for about an hour before I go to bed. Roll with me and maybe I won't have to scream at my inanimate tv as my possibly inanimate anonymous squadmates do the stupidest shit.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is having 3 squaddies put all their c4 on the UAV and then ramming it into the point and blowing it exploiting?

I've been called out for such many times so far, but when the enemy team tries it on us someone just shoots the UAV down

override367 on
    edited March 2010
    lKhC3.png

last one before i sleep

(fuck the m60)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is the recon furby suit the most visually overpowered thing in videogames since Oddjob in Goldeneye?

Discuss.

redraptor on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A ghillie suit that works??

Why I never

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think recons should be colored bright pink and their ghillie suits should actually just be poofy suits covered in soft velvet.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sniped a blackhawk pilot twice in one round. It was glorious. One of the times he had a fully manned one and was doing a low sweep. When I sniped him it immediately tailspun into the side of a boat dock. It was glorious.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    I think recons should be colored bright pink and their ghillie suits should actually just be poofy suits covered in soft velvet.

So basically swap medic and recon looks.

I'm game.

Suriko on
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is having 3 squaddies put all their c4 on the UAV and then ramming it into the point and blowing it exploiting?

I've been called out for such many times so far, but when the enemy team tries it on us someone just shoots the UAV down

ahahahahahahahah holy shit! what does it say about me that I read this and I think: I must try this.

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Too bad you can't put c4 on people

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Paladin wrote: »
    Too bad you can't put c4 on people

I love how it comically bounces off of them when you try.

I want to stick 6 C4 on the pilot's window of the Apache so that he can't see, and then as he takes flight wondering "What the fuck is this shit on my window?", it explodes.

Edit: how many gold stars does it take to get a platinum? Because I've got this...

saigaaa.png

And was wondering how many more I needed.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
This discussion has been closed.