As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Marikir wrote: »
    Mission....Accomplished is a strange trophy.

I just did that one today. Killed a tank with the RPG and decided I'd try for it. Ended up having to bail out of my chopper (leaving the gunner to die in a horrible crash, sorry guy) and parachute down on top of an oblivious sniper to get the knife kill before we won the match.

Arrath on
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dougly wrote: »
    I don't think I've tried the M14 since I got magnum bullets. Possibly a deadly combination?
    Only time I've used the M14 I've had magnum bullets equipped. It does good damage but the kick is so severe that it makes landing consecutive shots far harder than it should be.

The kick is worse than any assault rifle or LMG.

TwistedJester on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dougly wrote: »
    I don't think I've tried the M14 since I got magnum bullets. Possibly a deadly combination?

Doubtful. Lame ironsights that cover half your screen, crazy-high kickback and only 10 bullets pretty much negate any minor damage buff.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just had an awesome moment. Playing Hardcore on Valparaiso we were defending our last set of MCOMs when I see the Black Hawk come over the hill and head towards our base. I start taking pot shots with my M14 and managed to kill the pilot and the right side door gunner with head shots. I don't think I've had a more bad ass moment in gaming.

Jokers Gamble on
  • chiablochiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can anyone explain why people get the impression that certain weapons are better than others?
    Example: I see a million Assault players who continue to use the XM8 Prototype. I had an easier time killing folk with the F2000 and the Aug.

Or the obsession with the Medic's M60; the MG36 has a built in red-dot, why would you not chose it?

chiablo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    didnt' see the patch notes here yet. it failed QA but should be out soon.
    Single Player -
    Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
    Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
    Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
    Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
    Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
    Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
    Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
    Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
    Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
    Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
    Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
    Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
    Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
    Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
    Fixed: Display issue on long server names
    Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
    Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
    Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
    Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
    Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
    Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
    Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
    Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
    Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
    Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
    Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
    Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love thinking that, as a medic, a recon guy screams in frustration as he watches me waltz over and instantly revive the guy he worked so hard to headshot.

tofu on
  • Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just had an awesome moment. Playing Hardcore on Valparaiso we were defending our last set of MCOMs when I see the Black Hawk come over the hill and head towards our base. I start taking pot shots with my M14 and managed to kill the pilot and the right side door gunner with head shots. I don't think I've had a more bad ass moment in gaming.

Only thing to make that mental picture better is to say that after those kills, the chopper listed towards the ground, crashed through a house and the flaming wreckage of what was left came to rest at your feet, as you calmly finish reloading.

:mrgreen:

Please people, post more stories! Stuck at my desk and am jonesing for some BFBC2 action :P

Lt. Fragg on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Christ. The Saiga with Slugs and Mag rounds is a god damned killing machine.

I mean, I'm freaking one shotting guys from across the map with A SHOTGUN. Only problem is is that the damn thing kicks to hell and back.

Sheep on
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    I love thinking that, as a medic, a recon guy screams in frustration as he watches me waltz over and instantly revive the guy he worked so hard to headshot.

I doubt they care the much about the big picture. They got their kill and they got their points. All they're are thinking is, "Oooooh! Another target!"

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    chiablo wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why people get the impression that certain weapons are better than others?
    Example: I see a million Assault players who continue to use the XM8 Prototype. I had an easier time killing folk with the F2000 and the Aug.

Or the obsession with the Medic's M60; the MG36 has a built in red-dot, why would you not chose it?

I really like the AUG and the XM8. The XM8 and the 4X scope is really accurate and lets me down guys from a very long range that the first gun and the F2000 lack. I see myself using the F2000 if I was more close combat, but if I'm in that situation I just swap to the shotty.

People use the M60 because once you beef it up it becomes a killing machine at the expense of being a good medic, mobility, etc.

I don't have the MG36 yet but would probably make it my default Medic gun as soon as I get it for the built in scope.

Sheep on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Well like you said, YOU have an easier time with the F2000 and AUG. I prefer the XM8. Can't answer why, I just can single shot it with the 4x scope better and do more that way.
    I have not unlocked the MG36 but have unlocked the M60. I don't use the M60, I prefer the M249 or shotgun. My buddy uses the MG36 all the time however.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This is what makes the game for me.

There are so many small opportunities to be a complete badass by using the right tools at the right time. Moreover, using the wrong tool because it's all you have and still wreaking havoc can be even better.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • nowayman xynowayman xy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    didnt' see the patch notes here yet. it failed QA but should be out soon.
    Single Player -
    Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
    Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
    Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
    Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
    Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
    Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
    Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
    Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
    Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
    Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
    Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
    Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
    Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
    Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
    Fixed: Display issue on long server names
    Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
    Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
    Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
    Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
    Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
    Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
    Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
    Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
    Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
    Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
    Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
    Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

Those patch notes are... less than impressive.

I was really hoping for some team auto balance.

nowayman xy on
    BF4: nowaymanblue
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why the hell do they let people join a match but not join a squad? I suffered through a nearly 2 hour stretch yesterday "looking for squad" in completely full games. Nothing like being forced to hoof it all the way from the base every time because a bunch of recons want to go wank in a bush somewhere. There is no downside to being in a squad, goddamnit!

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    edited March 2010
    @The people that use the XM8 - Have you unlocked the M16A2?

At first, I hated the gun and the 3 round burst. After using it a while, I really have a hard time picking anything else. It's just so easy to put 9-12 bullets in the same general area ridiculously fast.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ok,fuck this game I'm done. Teleporting instantkill knife is also in this game and I am sick and tired of knives beating bullets.

I'm out,thanks for the nice rounds till now.

See you in another game.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Way late but you guys were looking for a picture of an angry dome with the professor.

Well.......

o9h3js.gif
    as in
    2yjzd6q.gif

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Ok,fuck this game I'm done. Teleporting instantkill knife is also in this game and I am sick and tired of knives beating bullets.

I'm out,thanks for the nice rounds till now.

See you in another game.

wat

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I see there's nothing about fixing the MG36 in hardcore...

Mechanical on
  • nowayman xynowayman xy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why the hell do they let people join a match but not join a squad? I suffered through a nearly 2 hour stretch yesterday "looking for squad" in completely full games. Nothing like being forced to hoof it all the way from the base every time because a bunch of recons want to go wank in a bush somewhere. There is no downside to being in a squad, goddamnit!

Well, if one were going to go "wank in a bush" somewhere, I could imagine they wouldn't want to give away their position by having people spawn behind them.

Which is stupid, because a hidden recon makes an excellent permanent forward spawn location.

nowayman xy on
    BF4: nowaymanblue
    edited March 2010
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »

Only thing to make that mental picture better is to say that after those kills, the chopper listed towards the ground, crashed through a house and the flaming wreckage of what was left came to rest at your feet, as you calmly finish reloading.

:mrgreen:

Please people, post more stories! Stuck at my desk and am jonesing for some BFBC2 action :P

I was riding in a helicopter and we were taking fire from the ground. I saw a dozen streams of tracers coming toward us. We lost the pilot. I manage to press F1 and, by luck (not knowing if I could at the time) I had the pilot seat and was able to set us down at the enemy base. We then poured out and blew the remaining MCOM on the island base. Considering it was the sixth so time I've flown, I think I did well. Nevermind that we lost on the next set of MCOMs.

Also, on Arica harbor (love that map), I was going crazy with the AT mines. In front of the border control base, I laid out 2 sets of three mines near the big sign. Some where in shallow craters. Others out in the flat. Pretty well spread out. Lucky me, I got 2 or 3 vehicle kills (1 Hummer and at least 1 tank. Maybe more). We lost but cut their tickets to the single digits. After dropping my mines, I tagged a couple vehicles, getting some assists, until I got hit by a few too many shots.
    Then at the town, I did the same, except it was all over that nice incline. I ran behind out tank, repairing it as it racked up kills and drained their tickets at the exit of the attacker's new base. It blew, but by then I had already ran in front of it toss mines all over the road. I left a few at the base of the hill on the road. Another one halfway as it curves, and finally the final cluster up near the top a grenade throw from the exit gate of the base. I died right after that.

I got at least two vehicle kills from that. I also gloated well enough that the other team never pushed the tanks far into our city for fear of my mines (which were likely all gone, and not been redeployed).

BTW< is there a way to see locations of my deployed mines? I'd be nice to know so I don't overlap when I redeploy.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

What's wrong with the MG36 in hardcore?

Also no M60 nerf :{
    No Autobalance / Teamswitching / player shuffling fixes :x

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited March 2010
    yes I'm sure they will get to all of the whining people are doing in the thread. they are primarily interested in allowing people to play the game, though.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

On the 360 version the sights are broken. You zoom in as per the norm, but there's no dot for the sight.

Mechanical on
  • SpecTrE3353SpecTrE3353 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I basically just stick wtih whatever gun has the highest rated accuracy and out of the first couple assault rifles the XM8 stats indicate that it is the most accurate. Whether or not that is true I'm not sure... I can't actually tell if I'm hitting anything when I shoot with all low graphics settings, the lowest possible resolution and about 15-20 FPS regardless of what gun I'm using.

SpecTrE3353 on
    WGGBannerSwitch.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    thread title should be about soal

MrDelish on
    edited March 2010

On the 360 version the sights are broken. You zoom in as per the norm, but there's no dot for the sight.

To be fair, that is pretty hardcore. Playing with a broken red dot sight.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • SpecTrE3353SpecTrE3353 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    I was riding in a helicopter and we were taking fire from the ground. I saw a dozen streams of tracers coming toward us. We lost the pilot. I manage to press F1 and, by luck (not knowing if I could at the time) I had the pilot seat and was able to set us down at the enemy base. We then poured out and blew the remaining MCOM on the island base. Considering it was the sixth so time I've flown, I think I did well. Nevermind that we lost on the next set of MCOMs.

I know it just has to do with gameplay balance and it's just a video game but I still can't help but laugh when I think about how some of this stuff would translate into a real life situation. In other words, you have to imagine that you were in the backseat of an unpiloted helicopter and you made some sort of awesome hop into the pilots seat and landed the sucker. It's even funnier when you imagine the Engineers... these guys get hit with a couple missiles, step out of a tank they were just driving so that they can zap it with a magical buzzing tool to repair and then go on driving around like nothing ever happened. Good stuff.

SpecTrE3353 on
    WGGBannerSwitch.png
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wha wha? Man we went through another thread already??

There a patch coming or something? Let me go back through several pages. :P

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Her?

tofu on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So a fun BF story:

I was on Port Val playing assult and i saw a friendly ATV fly past me towards the defender spawn. He luckly didnt hit the mines spread out on the road, however he did eat a headshot to the face by the enemy. two defenders decided they would hop on the ATV (still not sure why) when they started to drive down the road I shot the mines. Poor engineer got 2 teams kills. So much more fun then just shooting them off it.

Another time i was playing with some buddies and talking on vent. We were on the map where it starts as an island defense. My brother was on vent asking how you're supposed to shoot down a chopper with a rocket launcher. As he's saying that I shoot my lord Gustav at a chopper as it's leaving the spawn and get it dead on and score 4 kills and i respond on vent "kinda like that". Timing is everything.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    So a fun BF story:

I was on Port Val playing assult and i saw a friendly ATV fly past me towards the defender spawn. He luckly didnt hit the mines spread out on the road, however he did eat a headshot to the face by the enemy. two defenders decided they would hop on the ATV (still not sure why) when they started to drive down the road I shot the mines. Poor engineer got 2 teams kills. So much more fun then just shooting them off it.

that's nothing. Carbonfire thrives on telling teammates to hold a building as he destroys its foundations so it collapses on them

MrDelish on
  • davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

It already is. hohohohoho.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not sure if it was noticed in the last thread, but if you have an ATI card, and experience texture flickering/overlapping, going to your Catalyst Control Center and disabling Catalyst AI will fix this.

glitch1bc.jpg

Added image for emphasis.

Satsumomo on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

my buddy uses the MG36 all the time. He has the slight zoomed (1.5x ?) with a working red dot on the 360.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited March 2010

those patch notes are obviously for PC

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Glad I waited to get Bad Company 2. It's on sale for $43 on Dell's website, so I just placed my order.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

I know it just has to do with gameplay balance and it's just a video game but I still can't help but laugh when I think about how some of this stuff would translate into a real life situation. In other words, you have to imagine that you were in the backseat of an unpiloted helicopter and you made some sort of awesome hop into the pilots seat and landed the sucker. It's even funnier when you imagine the Engineers... these guys get hit with a couple missiles, step out of a tank they were just driving so that they can zap it with a magical buzzing tool to repair and then go on driving around like nothing ever happened. Good stuff.

In my head, I was briefly reminded of that scene in Surogates. The main star leaps from the floor of the back, except instead of saving it, he rides it to the ground, gets up and chases the bad guy (granted he is a robot, but still...).

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    my buddy uses the MG36 all the time. He has the slight zoomed (1.5x ?) with a working red dot on the 360.

Bug's only present in hardcore. Probably views it as part of the HUD.

Mechanical on